awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
Rematch: Yvaine vs Josh [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 0:35:26 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"Well, I do have to thank you for getting back to me this quickly about that rematch!" The redhead grins widely, feeling the rhythmic beat of her Zoroark's wagging tail beating against the back of her leg. Although it got entirely obliberated by 's Zeraora Raikiri in their last match, it was more than aparent that it wanted to try again. Where Yvaine knew restraint, her partner always wished to push through time and time again.

Especially when it came to battles. It was a proud pokémon, enjoying the challenge of a powerful opponent so it could grow stronger way faster. So it was only normal it grew excited when it saw Josh and Raikiri again, not even bothering to stifle a happy bark in greeting.

"Here's to hoping we'll perform better this time."

- - - - -

HP: 3/3

Gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 0:51:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was surprised to get paired against Yvaine for a second flight in a row, this time at the end. The winner would claim a nice-sized check. "It already shows how much you've improved from having won two in a row to get here," the Gym Leader complimented. "I'll have to stop you here, though!"

Raikiri wasn't going to show any mercy on the Zoroark, either; the mythical thundercat looked ready to zip toward the dark-type foe. Knowing what was coming might only help the redhead so much; Josh's ace Pokémon was so fast that it took special training to be able to even follow his movements.

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
You say you're a god man, so what I'm the devil herself
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:00:28 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"We'll see how much we've grown since that last battle, won't we, Zoroark? Let's get 'em!"

With an impressive leap it took its position, hunkering low and bracing its body. If it wanted to do well against such a speed monster, it would have to take an entirely different approach than last time... which meant it needed to amp speed to stand even a fighting chance. Yvaine smiled at her partner, nodding before giving it its final directions.

"As we've discussed! I trust your judgement, Zoroark!"

When the buzzer signaled the start of the match her Zoroark immediately boosted its speed with Agility, attempting to tackle the Zeraora with Foul Play.

rQVJMeTb

- - - - -

Gimmick: Pokémon without gimmicks receive a +10 modifier on rolls that include the number 0. If 100 is rolled, they receive a +30 modifier.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:11:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh guffawed at the Zoroark's folly of trying to match Raikiri's speed. "If you think you're going to outrun the fastest land mount I've got, you're sorely mistaken!" he taunted, Raikiri matching the burst of AGILITY with one of his own. The two looked like black and yellow comets circling the battle court, the action almost impossible for even Josh's eyes to track.

Raikiri had a deadly way to harness his speed. ELECTRO BALLS formed at the ends of his bolt-shaped whiskers and the center of his teal faceplate. With just how fast the thundercat was running, it gave the illusion of the high-speed electric projectiles coming from many directions. All of them flew toward the dark-type with great speed.

"You wanna go fast? I'll show you fast!" he continued to egg Yvaine on.

zzGGUdqe

{PC: 2}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:23:24 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"Keep holding up that Agility, you can do it!"

All she can do is egg her partner on, because her eyes see nothing more than flashes of black and yellow darting across the field. If her other eye had still worked she'd probably have been able to see more, but such was the price she'd paid.

Her Zoroark yipped every now and then, signaling how things went where she could not perceive, however, keeping her up to date. The Electro Balls following in Raikiri's wake proved troublesome; although it managed to dodge the first, the second hit true and made it stumble, nearly crashing at breakneck speed.

It recovered itself, boosting itself with another Agility, and when the third arrived it dared move against it, trying to send it back to Raikiri with a single Night Slash.

8vwDYn6W

- - - - -

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 1:47:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was in his element, sensing perhaps some frustration in Yvaine's eyes from trying to keep up with the action. Even he was having trouble as the two blurs of black and yellow continued to pick up speed. He longed to be in the saddle, going at that kind of speed again. It would take a lot of training hours to acclimate to those conditions; being bedridden for weeks at a time let him out of shape. Besides speed tolerance, he would need to rebuild core strength again, and the best way for him to do that would be to saddle up and go fast, even if it hurt him to do so.

The NIGHT SLASH would collide with PLASMA PAWS that were equally fast. Even for Raikiri, a Pokémon used to swiping with claw and paw at ludicrous, sometimes supersonic speed, the recoil from the claw-to-claw impact would sting. Sparks flew from the contact like the clash of blades from master swordsmen sparring with one another in the finals of a battle tournament.

qBgc0x9l

{PC: 3}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:01:07 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
"That's more like it! Don't let up!"

The Zoroark, clearly enjoying the exchange of paws and claws, upped its intake, continuing to mash out Night Slash after Night Slash, trying to put more power behind every new strike. Even if it took as many hits as it dealt, it would not cease its continued onslaught. Not yet.

Not until the tide of battle would turn and a new strategy was required.

HW4yWiUw

- - - - -

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 2:28:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Yvaine had learned a lot from their last meeting. Their high speed clashes were as fast as the driving drum beat of a metal band, the light of their impacts as bright as the attacks themselves. While it was an impressive show to watch, it was getting the duo nowhere.

Ducking out of the way of the last flurry of NIGHT SLASHES, Raikiri sprung upward, trying to fling and BOUNCE the fox high into the air. Were the Zoroark not ready for he, the Zeraora would aim to land in the rafters, ready to follow up with a devastating electric attack Yvaine may have been familiar with by now.

HUELYrl3

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:05:05 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
Flung skyward, the illusionary fox was stuck in mid-air, awaiting its return to solid ground to properly move again. Something Raikiri did not seem keen on allowing; from within the rafters a most-familiar electric attack was building; one their current position wouldn't allow them to dodge.

So they wouldn't, and instead face it head-on like it had last time. Except this time around, Zoroark planned on surviving the ordeal. With a roaring warcry it Taunted the Zeraora into giving it its all. And then,if it would, it would put its all in a Night Daze meant to counter against the onslaught yet to come.

yZmsMv9U + 10 = 30

- - - - -

HP: 2/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:16:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If the Zoroark wanted Raikiri to give it his all, he would do that. Entreating the idea with a grin on his face, Josh would give Yvaine exactly what she wanted. It was a familiar move that, last time, may have left her feeling helpless.

Raising his Z-GLOVE, Josh aimed its Z-Energy toward Raikiri, the electric cat lunging at his vulpine foe in a HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE whose initial impact lasted but an instant, paws flying toward the dark-type at supersonic speed. Even if he were to somehow whiff, the Zoroark would still have to contend with the lightning storm and aural explosion that followed!

BYUc2Rab+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:30:15 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
When the initial impact of the spectacular Z-move hit, Zoroark nearly buckled under its pressure. It was cheer willpower keeping it standing, and a most determined smirk settled upon the fox's face.

It would not yield, even when the second volley was about to hit.

"Zoroark, I believe in you! One last time; NIGHT DAZE!"

Hearing its trainer's voice, Zoroark inhaled deeply and let every inch of its remaining power explode in the biggest display of Night Daze it had yet to give; the vibrations of the expanding dome of darkness rumbling through the entire stadium.

6usFlOvM

- - - - -

HP: 1/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:37:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had learned from his battles with that sound moves were a counter to great speed. The attacks were unavoidable by dodging; only by sheer toughness, which Raikiri was lacking. The Zeraora was going down; it was just a matter of whether he could take the fox down with him.

With a heroic effort, the electric feline made one last lunge toward his foe. No extended claws, no fangs - just a blistering fast QUICK ATTACK to trip the foe and take it down before he would collapse from his own exhaustion.

lDiemYJT

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Aura

Monarch
she/her
March 26th
Chroma Highlands, Almia
Demi-romantic
Bounty Hunter/Ethologist
Civilian
awards
199 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aura1
Yvaine Varron
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 1:49:25 GMT
Yvaine Varron Avatar
With its last energy spent, Zoroark succumbed to the Zeraora's Quick Attack, remaining on its back.

Yvaine recalled her partner and smiled; although the outcome of the battle had remained the same, the battle in itself had been an improvement. Mayhaps she'd end up mastering the power hidden behind speed one day after all.

"That was a great match, Josh! Congrats on the victory, and thank you for indulging me." She says, extending her hand.

Yvaine LOST!

- - - - -

HP: 0/3

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:19:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was exhilarating and close the entire way. It took a strong opponent to get Josh's blood pumping in battle, and the redhead was one of them. It made the duo's victory even more sweet. He offered the lady a firm handshake. "Phew, what a tournament. I think I ran myself ragged. Probably gonna take a few days off. But when I'm back in my Gym... come visit me, okay? It's been too long." It was his way to goad her into issuing a challenge. There was something adventurous about Yvaine that he couldn't quite put a finger on.

Regardless, the award ceremony would be starting soon, and Josh couldn't miss that. After all, the way the standings were, he would be a part of it!

{PC: 7}

I1AShSNi
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:18:01 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: