she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
Rematch VCT: Josh vs Lucia
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:28:39 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Lucia stepped into the battle arena once more, carrying Hero with her once more. Although she had a few more matches' worth of experience, she was pumped all the same. At seeing her opponent, her eyes widened in surprise.

"Y-You're one of the gym leaders, right? I've been studying a bunch about the circuit!"

Her mood and behavior was the exact opposite of their last meeting, with the girl seeming much happier, though still a bundle of nervous with how much she was fidgeting with herself.

"Uh, hi. I-I'm Lucia."

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 19:39:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
This was it; it was Josh's final match of his final flight. was out of reach; he and his Froakie had worked incredibly hard to win the tournament. The way the standings appeared to be, he would be sharing the podium with the Gym Leader and one of his better friends, the Rustboro Ranger Captain. He couldn't give up, though; there was always the possibility that someone hoarding match slips could drop them all in right before the deadline, upsetting the leaderboard.

Most likely, though, his podium spot was secured. He could enjoy this last battle for what it was. "I am! Mauville Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh," he replied, extending his hand for a handshake. Raikiri let out an intimidating-sounding purr that rattled the air. "Great to meet you, Lucia! Glad to hear you're so interested in the circuit." Hadn't he battled this competitor before? That Dunsparce looked awfully familiar...

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 20:48:01 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"Josh, hi! It's nice to meet you!"

Lucia was so caught up in finally going against a gym leader that she had almost forgotten to call out her Dunsparce. With a flick of the wrist, Hero was called into the field for all to witness! He let out a soft hiss in the Zeraora's direction and readied himself once more for the battle ahead of them.

"Here's to a good battle!"

Lucia's handshake was a little shaky, maybe her smaller hands even quaked inside of Josh's. It was pretty nervewracking to go against a gym leader here, of all places! But she'd just have to push Hero harder!

The grass snake started things off but lunging towards the Zeraora with a DRAGON RUSH!

6eo8X0Rg

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2024 21:38:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Something was off. Hadn't he battled Lucia before? No; perhaps he was mistaking her and her Dunsparce for someone else. "Let's have a good match - one worthy of sending the tournament off." For what would be the final time, Raikiri leaped toward Hero the moment the starting horn blared.

Though the Zeraora's paws were laced with electricity, he did not use them to try to electrocute the smaller snake Pokémon; instead, he used the power to propel himself to surreal speeds. It was perhaps the fastest QUICK ATTACK Lucia and her Dunsparce had ever seen, the electric cat seemingly teleporting from one side to the other in a lightning fast paw swipe.

QJkpqfnU

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 3:33:47 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
"Wow, he's quick!"

Lucia gasped at the Zeraora's sudden display of speed! While Quick Attack had been a pretty standard Normal type move, seeing it used on such a fast pokemon was like trying to keep track of a blur! Even Hero had trouble keeping up with it as the poor guy would be struck by the sudden paw swipe against his side.

The Dunsparce would flutter his wings and come at the Zeraora again with with a DRILL RUN!

2QppE8n3

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 4:48:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"They don't call me the Master of Faster for nothing!" Josh replied with a smirk. "You think watching him's fast, try riding him!" It was something he longed to do; being stuck in a hospital bed for a month plus had cost him so much core strength. He needed to build it back up before he could zip across Hoenn faster than a race car like he once did, and that would take quite a bit of work.

The DRILL RUN was a serious threat, making remaining in close quarters dangerous. A split second after he heard the whirring of Hero's rotating tail, the thundercat went full defense, looking to zig and zag away from the normal-type in a burst of AGILITY. The added speed would also come in handy a different way, if the match lasted long enough...

NdwPgrf|

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 6:52:53 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
This wasn't good. The Zeraora vastly outclasses Dunsparce in every regard. Hero was a trooper for taking all of the punishment he was taking out in this tournament.

Josh's pokemon sped towards Hero again as he gave it one last ditch effort to win! The Dunsparce rushed into the fray, attempting to ram into him with a sudden DOUBLE EDGE!

EFy3nxlk

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:02:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In a commanding position and still smirking, Josh pumped a fist and gave Lucia just one word: "Checkmate." Raising his Z-GLOVE to head level, he exposed Raikiri to the Z-Energy from the crystal embedded within, both it and the QUICKINIUM-Z his Pokémon carried gleaming with an intense, white and yellow light.

Backing into the arena's corner, the Zeraora let out a loud roar before disappearing for a split second. He reappeared in the opposite corner, the only sigh he didn't teleport being the recoil Hero may have taken from a paw swiping at him at supersonic speed. If that didn't down the foe, then perhaps the lightning bolts and aural explosion in his wake would!

k4G3dH_O+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:07:10 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
Oh no! Lucia's eyes watched as Josh held a Z crystal above his head and would command his Zeraora to dish out one of those fancy shmancy little super moves that were all the rage back in one of the other regions. The move had made his already strong pokemon into a total beast in the ring!

Hero did jis best to keep the other electric type at bay with some quick DRILL RUNS!

"Stupid Z-Moves..." Lucia said to herself and pouted while crossing her arms underneath one another.

57ytal7Q

- Hero (Dunsparce) | ♥

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,128 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:12:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
What a way to cap off the tournament. If there were points for defeating a foe in record time, Josh earned it. He wondered if that would be a statistic in the final tournament report. To celebrate the win together, the Gym Leader took a seat on the thundercat's back, the duo posing for the crowd one last time.

"Thanks for the match, Lucia. Sorry it was so one-sided," Josh apologized. "Hey, if you want some pointers, drop by Mauville City Gym and I'll be glad to show you the ropes!" With that, he and his noble mount headed back to the commons to turn in the very last match slip he would enter, his rare and unusual steed turning heads.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Madda

she/her
December 25
Cascarrafa, Paldea
??????
Trainer
Civillian
0 height
0 height
awards
165 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucia
Lucia Aldrete
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2024 7:20:28 GMT
Lucia Aldrete Avatar
XAnd that was the game! Hero fell in battle just as Lucia pulled out her pokeball and brought him back into safety. She didn't really seem too bummed by the losses at this point. The girl would shrug and walk forward to Josh and shake his hand quietly.

"Good match. Sorry it was wasted." she said while listening to his invitation at his gym.

"Can I really come by? I don't really have much of a team yet?...Actually, never mind. It doesn't really matter, I guess. I'll lose anyway."

She walked towards the exit alongside Josh and went to go get Hero patched up.

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2024 0:18:59 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: