shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: ULTRA PLANT

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

DESERT RUINS[break]→ ULTRA PLANT

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055328024813371442/showdown.mp3[/player][break]
Power Showdown! | Pokemon Journeys (2019) VOL 2
[break]

THE ULTRA PLANT IS A DARK WORLD that is wracked by frequent thunderstorms. Lightning spears the desolate canyons and valleys of this world and massive cord-like structures bridge the gaps. Whenever lightning strikes, lights attached to these cords light up too. In the horizon, large Xurkitree can be seen, dwarfing the area you arrive in...[break][break]

Several abandoned power stations can be found throughout the area, but they seem to be deactivated...

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 03 involve the status condition, "paralysis" in a meaningful way.
  • 13 engage a massive regieleki that has been displaced here by an unknown force.
  • 14 tend to another's injuries or staticky hair.
  • 20 encounter and survive an electrical storm, a far more dangerous version of a lightning storm that involves even more electricity.
  • 🗺️ 's skills as a courier and/or the knowledge gleamed from her hours at the library must be advantageous in some way.
  • 🗺️ utilize an illumina or shadow pokemon in an advantageous way.

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
ULTRA PLANT: JA
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 16:15:13 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
her day is interrupted by a phone call. [break][break]strange happenings in the rift, as reported by the rangers guarding it at the desert ruins, demand her attention. she doesn't have the same appetite for these ultra realms that many other rangers have, but she stomachs this visit all the same. [break][break]the transition from daylight to darkness is a difficult one, especially with the blinding flashes of lightning in the distance. annalise rubs one eye and scans the stormy sky with the other. [break][break]it seems like the normal, apocalyptic world it always is. [break][break]she travels slowly down the marked path of previous explorers, using distant lightning to illuminate the way. her mareep, cornbread, prances faithfully at her side. [break][break]
[break]
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 19:19:09 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
So what if June happened to ‘have’ a delivery the day Annalise ‘happened’ to be there? Maybe she got lost on the way to the recipient. Saw Annalise go into the cave. She knows where people are, right? Best to ask her! But let her do whatever she was here for. It looked rather important.

But who cared? She was just trying to get some information from a specific person. She avoided everyone else, until, very luckily, Annalise entered the rift. And if the people who watched it got distracted by a dozen rocks being thrown to the other end of the room? A coincidence, nothing more.

And the rift would be very secluded from others. June would be saved from the embarrassment of such a silly question. Perhaps, maybe, not the question she would’ve pulled out if she had been caught. But a better, more pertinent question:

Was Regieleki here? had given her a confirmation and a location, while Annalise had inadvertently given her the destination of the rift. Things aligned perfectly for her.

June walked down the same path Annalise did. It was dark, so she pulled out her Poke Ball and released Anode. The Galvantula glowed a gentle light, enough to show the way when the lightning didn’t. Given the adrenaline that coursed through her veins and the pep in her step, she caught up to the Head Ranger rather fast.

Yo, Annalise, what a surprise!” She called out as she quickly closed the distance. “Crazy meeting you here. It’s pretty dark, though. Anode here can help you out!

On her back was a rather heavy sack, filled to the brim with various objects. None of the identifiable through the fabric that stretched at the very seams. “So, what brings you to… this the Power Plant place, right?

Strange how she talked so cheerfully. As if this encounter was the most normal thing in the world.

Prompt Complete: Utilize an illumina or shadow Pokémon in an advantageous way.

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 21:46:19 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
through intermittent rumbles of thunder, another voice carries through the air. annalise turns. [break][break]" ?" she calls back, sounding more bewildered than upset. the look on her face, illuminated by the garvantula, is lined with distress. she lapses into shocked silence as her new companion talks to her like they just ran into each other at sawsbucks instead of an incredibly dangerous alien world. [break][break]"what are you doing here?" she asks — or rather, explodes at her — once the absurdity of the situation has caught up with her. "how did you even get in here? and what's in your bag?"[break][break] her mareep puts his snout toward the sky, watching the clouds deepen in color as they swirl in lazy circles overhead. a blink of his tail makes annalise aware of the situation brewing overhead. with an exasperated sigh, she reaches for june's arm to drag her toward the safety of an alcove carved into rock.[break][break]"you — " lightning strikes close. too close. the ground scars from the blast. "can't be here." [break][break]
prompt 20

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 22:17:42 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June tried her best to play off the initial stab of disappointment that pierced her chest. “What am I doing here? I’m technically a part of the Rangers. And it’s not like anyone tried to stop me on the way in…

A bold-faced lie, in a way. No one stopped her because no one knew.

Oh, and the bag? Not much. Just some stuff. Delivery, nothing important,” she patted herself on the bag. “Don’t sweat it.

Anode scuttled forward, around the Mareep. It clicked its mandibles as it investigated the creature, curious and happy to be in the presence of another electrical creature like itself. After a few seconds, it chattered happily and spun in a quick circle. The lightning did not scare it one bit.

June was only slightly more bothered by it, as seen by how she stared deep at the pitch-black mark smoked up a storm. “Listen, I’m not gonna be here long, okay? I promise I’ll stay out of danger, play it safe. The whole nine yards. Hell, it’ll be like I’m a ranger myself!

Back again was the false bravado. How she managed to pull it out of her ass was a mystery, but it let her follow the alcove to its very edge. She looked outside its safety, like a kid during recess as it rained cats and dogs.

Listen, you know this place pretty well, right? I’m looking for a specific Pokémon,” she said. A promise, from a long time ago. “Someone told me it’s really big. Tall. Made of pure electricity. Also really really fast.

Another bolt of lightning struck, against the cliffside above them. Rocks tumbled to the ground, and the sky showed no signs of getting clear. “You know anything about a Pokémon called Regieleki?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2024 23:16:17 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"but you're not a ranger."[break][break]the assertion comes swift and uncharacteristically cold, meant to be weaponized against the pretender rangers of the amnesty program. she's already upset has snuck in here, so the bristling is a kneejerk reaction in a situation like this.[break][break]the electrical storm rolls in fast. lightning is an ever-present liability here, but this is magnitudes worse. like a downpour, bolts rain down, chipping the crown of the rock sheltering them and exploding gravel into the air like shrapnel. [break][break]annalise sucks in a sharp breath and reaches out for the fabric of 's uniform to keep her tethered within the safety of the alcove. her lingering frustration is juxtaposed by the care with which she grasps for her unlikely companion. [break][break]"i do." her brows furrow. is that why she snuck in here?[break][break]"i've seen it before. in here." she shakes her head. "and the only thing we could do was run away from it. we had an avatar with us, june."[break][break]the storm strengthens, somehow, as if to challenge her words. she squints against the bright flashes cascading down around them, scanning the horizon.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 1:20:01 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
Avatar? I’ve heard about them,” June shrugged. “But it sounds like you had some shitty avatars.

Of course she wasn’t an actual ranger. That’s why she said she’ll be like a ranger. Rangers dealt with problems, and it sounded like this place had a really big, fast, and shocking problem. All she didn’t have was the badge on her shirt and the name in the registry. Otherwise, she fit the bill.

And as lighting tore the sky in two and thunder boomed every other second in the wake of the storm, June shrugged off Annalise’s grip. “Listen, I’m not actively trying to die, or whatever. Just here to make good on a promise I made. I don’t need you to understand, I just need you to not stop me.

Based on her cold appearance, she probably couldn’t rely on the head ranger to uphold that. Even the way she stared at her sent a shiver down her spine. Yet the delivery girl pointedly ignored it, and her. All she needed was an opening. When the storm opened its eye to them, she’d be in the perfect place to get out in the open.

And as the storm grew angry, it also relaxed. Anode felt the current grow weaker. "Galv, galv," it called as loud as it could. To be heard above the roar of thunder. June nodded. It was almost time to act. If she didn't, then she'd really be stuck here with a pissed off head ranger. One who held the power to cut all ties and label her an enemy.

So, Annalise, you coming with?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 14:59:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"maybe," annalise concedes, the word forced up her throat as a concession. "but that avatar was one of the best the league had."[break][break]but doesn't care, freeing herself from the safety of the ranger captain's grasp. it's like trying to negotiate with herself — girls like them only learn once they've been broken by circumstance. and even then, annalise is not so sure she learned anything that wasn't to her detriment. [break][break]
her chest rises as she sucks in a breath. [break][break]"yeah, okay, i'll come with."[break][break]she approaches the alcove's edge with june, frowning up at the electrical storm. [break][break]"i'll help you keep your promise, but you have to promise me that you'll ask next time you want to come to one of these places. sneaking in alone will get you killed."[break][break]there's barbed concern in her warning, but
the intensity in her eyes shifts to fear as she's reunited with regieleki that resides in this rift. its brilliant, colossal form descends from the eye of its self-made storm. perhaps it sensed them, anomalies of this world, and hunted them down itself. [break][break]her mareep steps behind her legs, cowering before the legendary pokemon. [break][break]"can you fight?" annalise asks too late, pulling another pokeball off her belt with a click![break][break]
prompt 13

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 21:57:48 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
June grinned, “Whatever you say, ranger! Now, let’s get out there and–

She did not have to take a single step, as the air filled with electrons. The air felt more electric than a batter, a generator, a power plant– it felt like the pure essence of lighting, the stuff that birthed the bolts of current, had entered their presence.

From the heavens above came… that. A creature, massive and bright yellow, bolted down and made its presence known. Easily as tall as a skyscraper, and perhaps just heavy. She’d seen it once before, depicted in a book she’d found in a musty corner of a library. How round it looked, but how little it compared to the real deal.

Even in the face of a certain death, her mouth opened, and her eyes stared up at the creature with pure excitement. “It’s here! Annalise, that’s it!

She couldn’t control herself. Her bag fell off her back and onto the earth as she surged forward. Anode quickly followed along, and they both exited the alcove. The top of the bag released some contents to reveal various books, from Pokémon Catching Advice to an ancient Hoenn history book. The final piece of equipment was an entire fabric bag with a picture of the tent on the front.

June released another Poke Ball from her belt. Out came a Talonflame, which she wasted no time mounting as they climbed into the sky. Anode remained on the ground and scurried away from the pair. What was its–

Lighting never struck the same place twice. Unless it came from an ancient being made of the stuff– then all bets were off. Naturally, streams of jagged streaked off of the Regieleki and right to the Galvantula. It was consumed by the power, but it notably didn’t perish.

It continued its path away from them all, a Spotlight on it as June entered the domain of the gods. “Annalise, Anode will try and distract it! We gotta weaken it if we ever wanna catch it!

The pair had caught the attention of the towering Pokémon. REGIELEKI-EELELEKI-REGI-REGIELEKI!

Even more power arced off its body, and they flew with the wind as they entered a deadly dance with the bolts. It would only take one mistake to die– better not fuck this up.

Prompt Complete: Utilize an illumina or shadow pokemon in an advantageous way (go my child, hold down the neutral).

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 18:09:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"wait — !" [break][break]but is gone, shrinking away from her outstretched hand as she races out from under cover with her garvantula. cornbread bleats in surprise as her bag hits the dirt next to them, spilling its contents like viscera. [break][break]
annalise, stupidly, runs out after june, ignoring the way her heart pounds against her ribs, ignoring the self-preservation that screams each time lightning strikes perilously close to them. she doesn't follow the delivery woman into the sky, but she does support her from the ground. [break][break]a flash of white light calls her quagsire out into the battle. the water-type blinks slowly, unaware of the urgency the rest of the group is feeling. [break][break]"what do you mean if we ever wanna catch it?" annalise shouts back, hands cupped over her mouth. june had been too busy salivating over regieleki, she realizes, to really listen to annalise's last experience with regieleki. "come back!"[break][break]the electric golem erects a thunder cage around the makeshift battlefield, trapping them all in. static crackles uselessly along quagsire's body as it raises a foot and stomps it down, creating a cobweb of fissures in the ground toward regieleki. an earthquake rumbles through alien soil, trailed by erupting spires of rock that seek to impale the golem.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 18:54:00 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
From the combination of the Thunder Cage, the previous attacks, and the rumbling of the earth underneath its legs, the Galvantula looked something awful. Covered in dirt and scorch marks, it's no surprise that as one more Thunderbolt strikes its abdomen, it cries weakly as it falls to the ground.

Damn it!” June quickly recalled the shiny insect. So much for a distraction– the world flips as Matchstick rolled out of the way of another deadly yellow bolt. Things were not going the best, even if it had only just started. The first plan failed spectacularly, and Annalise sent out a Quagsire of all things.

Water type? Was she crazy? Wait, no— it was part ground too! “You had me worried there for a sec! Keep attacking it, and I’ll distract it from you!

And on the topic of types, she was woefully underprepared on that front. A flying type against an electric one? That could only spell disaster if a single attack landed. But so far, the plan of ‘not getting hit’ was working out, even if the intensity of electricity nearly doubled in the loss of the decoy.

Especially one that never backed down from a fight. Suddenly, they rushed forward, the air around the Talonflame’s wings growing hot. “Matchstick, now isn’t the time! Back off!

SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Not an option. They shot forward, getting too close to the big ball. Shots of lighting went right past them, nearly clipping her wings. The air electrified, and her hair started to stand up on its own. If they got much closer, they’d get electrocuted to death. It became hard to breath in the presence of both awful heat that engulfed feathers or crackles of pure power.

And then, an after-image of the Talonflame skyrocketed forward as they pulled back and away. The Flare Blitz struck the creature and left a scorch mark on its upper half. A blemish, though. Almost invisible as they flew away and around the massive Pokémon. Not nearly as far as June would've liked, but the Thunder Cage held them hostage with a strict, confided area.

At least her companion's attack did something. Probably more than hers, all thing considered. "Keep it up down there! If we keep this up, it'll be weak enough to try and capture!"

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 23:41:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise focuses on the fight against regieleki because she has to. is depending on her. one (or both) of them will die if she slips up. she keeps her eyes ahead, squinting against the harsh light making up the golem's body, and ignores the urge to look up and risk watching june meet her demise. [break][break]
static arcs off the thunder cage and snaps along her skin. her arm locks up against her side suddenly, fingers curling into a painfully tight fist as paralysis takes hold. [break][break]"fuck," she breathes out, muscles spasming. her mareep scampers to her side, bleating in concern. her quagsire turns its head slowly toward the commotion, then turns away. [break][break] another earthquake rumbles beneath the ground, testing the crumbling foundation below the legendary pokemon. [break][break]
prompt 03

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 2:31:44 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
ANNALISE!

June looked uselessly towards the head ranger, who looked much worse for wear in the few seconds she took her eyes off her. Fuck, that wasn’t good. They needed to either hit it harder, go for the catch, or retreat. And retreat wasn’t an option– not yet, anyway.

But neither her nor the Talonflame noticed the flash of yellow that went straight for them. The bird didn’t have time to dodge. but it did pull upward to prevent June from befalling the same fate as Annalise.

MATCHSTICK!” June cried out uselessly. The bird immediately fainted, giving one last cry as it too had to be retreated. Suddenly, she found herself in a free fall. Not a new feeling, yet its not every day she does so in the presence of a creature as fast as light itself. “fuck fuck FUCK FUCK–

The ground got closer and closer, and she flailed against the wind. The world spun rapidly, and the ground got closer. Dirt wouldn’t cushion her bones. She needed another bird, fast. But she’d left Noivern at home, and Knight would fair just as poorly as Talonflame in a fraction of the time. Arceus, why didn’t she bring more ground types?!

But another flash of light erupted, and something caught her mid-fall. Something directly from a storybook, a mimic of the real living thing that took the air from her lungs. It unfurled its massive, crimson-red wings and angled downward, then downward. From below, it might’ve looked like a blood moon as it flew down to the ground and threw June right next to Annalise.

Roaring Moon. With a roar, it set the conditions for it to thrive. The air grew warmer, and the Sunny Day beat down on everyone present. It wasn’t going to wait around– this massive beast was now its enemy, and the humans its young. And Arceus help those who messed with its young. It flew back into the sky, leaving June and Annalise to fend for themselves.

The Regieleki looked at the new creature with its multitude of eyes. It let out another call of... some emotion, and sent a flurry of bolts towards the dragon. But in the sun, it was too fast. Boosted to incredible velocities, they entered another dance of death.

Annalise, are you–” June pulled herself up and almost hugged the girl. Almost. A useful piece of information flashed in her head: humans were excellent conductors.Fuck. Can you move? I think–

Fuck. Alright, here’s the plan. Quagsire hits one more time, that… thing I have, will distract and attack. I throw the ball, I catch it, we go home. Sound good?

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 14:47:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"mhm," is the best answer annalise can give, her jaw locked shut by paralysis. unable to move her head, she had not seen the troubles had endured in the air, but that's probably for the best. she probably wouldn't be so inclined to help her anymore if she had witnessed her freefall. [break][break]her quagsire hears the other girl's plan and, with what little understanding it has, does as she suggests. arms raised, the water-type attempts to hit it one more time, shuddering the ground with a third earthquake. somewhere nearby, a cliffside suddenly gives way, crumbling in a landslide into a valley below. [break][break]annalise watches june through the corner of her eye, leaning all her trust on this girl she barely knows. she hopes she learns what she didn't: to cut her losses.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

rysa

June Bug
she/her
twenty-seven
April 21
Mauville City
Bisexual
Delivery-Person
civilian
5"4' height
5"4' height
awards
420 posts
june sleigh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rysa
june sleigh
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 20:56:16 GMT
june sleigh Avatar
The Roaring Moon flew like a fighter jet. It either dodged the streaks of lightning that shot straight toward it or felt the brunt of the electric spears that entered its body. Whether it noticed or not was hard to say, but the Dragon-typing made the damage negligible enough to keep going.

Its first attack underneath the hot sun was a vicious Dragon Rush, a drive-by that caused pure yellow to fly off the golem. It showed no signs of pain but surged brighter against the constant blows against it. Even the rumbling earth looked to do little to the thing, as it simply launched another set of Thunderbolts at the nuisances.

Okay, uh, hold on!” June ran away from Annalise, back to the alcove they’d been in just a minute prior. She pulled her bag up with a grunt and started to dig inside of it. After a few moments, she pulled out a pair of rubber gloves and two round spheres: one green, one red-and-white.

She ran back over and donned the pair of gloves. “Okay, I’ve got it! These usually are reserved for Pokémon, but… I think it should help you too? And I don’t have anything better, so…

With her hands protected from any wayward paralysis chances, she pulled Annalise's mouth open and placed the Lum Berry inside. “Chew that, if you can. If you start choking… I don’t know the Heimlich, so just don’t.

With that problem settled June turned to the massive Regieleki. It looked relatively damaged and worn down, but not nearly as much as she would’ve liked. That Catching Advice book would’ve suggested weakening the thing a bit more, but… there wasn’t any more time. She looked down at the Poke Ball in her grip, and pulled her arm back. “Get in the fucking ball!

It flew from her hand and arced in the air. Not nearly as impressive inside her head, but it opened and tried to suck in the massive creature all the same. The glow enveloped the Pokémon, slowly, slowly–

The Poke Ball shattered into a dozen pieces, and the glow disappeared. Its body turned towards her before she could even react. June gulped, and a thousand pinpricks erupted on her skin. “Fuck. Annalise, I think… we need to regroup. Replan.

Completed Prompts:
 - 14: Tend to another's injuries or staticky hair.
 - June's Specific Prompt: Skills as a courier and/or the knowledge gleamed from her hours at the library must be advantageous in some way (Knowledge about electricity, catching techniques, and type-matchups seen in the thread).

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay