Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 9:01:13 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She always hated hospitals.
[break][break]

She hated the way you could physically feel the tumble of life and death, each side battling for control. She hated the way the air was thick with sterilized desperation. She hated the blood, the screams, the silence.
[break][break]

Hurried footsteps carried the councilwoman down the various different halls, using only the loose instructions granted by the receptionist to guide her way. It was no different than back then. Only, this time, the executioner hadn't been some unknown figure.
[break][break]

When his name was found, a light knock announced her intentions, but nothing more, as she immediately snapped the doorhandle's neck, pulling it open with one giant swing.
[break][break]

"Gunner," his name felt like a sin leaving her lips. "...thank god you're alive."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 15:18:18 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

It was not Gunner's first time bedridden in a hospital, but it was certainly his most serious visit. [break][break]

When he'd woken up, he'd found himself lying in a hospital bed with cushions propping him up so he could lie comfortably on his side. A neck brace cradled his head, though the doctors had assured him he hadn't broken any bones. [break][break]

For the first forty-eight hours, he passed in and out of consciousness. Sitting up to eat or change his bandages was a whole ordeal; getting up to use the toilet was even worse. His brain was foggy from the painkillers. But slowly, he was gaining his bearings. [break][break]

Gunner was lying on his side again when Penelope entered his room. Unable to raise his head in that position, he merely acknowledged her with his eyes. [break][break]

"Miss Livy," he said, too tired to smile but grateful for her visit. "It's good to see you."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 21:07:23 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hadn't thought this level of guilt was possible. Even when Evelyn passed, the guilt she felt was of a different breed. More manageable in ways she hadn't realized. It killed her just look at him, much less hear the soft whispers of his response. They were a candlelight to the flames she was used to.
[break][break]

"How are you feeling?"
[break][break]

Worry etched itself into the creases around her eyes. If there was even one sign of mistreatment, she'd raise hell and more, ensuing chaos onto the very people responsible for cleaning up her mistake. Cautiously, she inched closer to the bed's side, next to emptied chair reserved for visitors.
[break][break]

"Are they treating you well here? Cause, if not, there's always Evergrade Hospital - transferring would be easy."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 16:01:56 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"I feel like I got hit by a truck," Gunner admitted, grimacing. "But the nurses give me a crazy cocktail of meds twice a day so I can sleep without too much trouble." [break][break]

He wanted to shift for a better view of Penelope's face as she moved to sit in the chair by his bed, but the many pillows surrounding him made that difficult. So he contented himself by looking at her arm and shoulder, relieved that she seemed whole and healthy. [break][break]

"The doctor said it will take me a few weeks to recover, both from the back injuries and the burns. Then I have to go to physical therapy after that." [break][break]

Frowning, he lowered his eyes to the bed. [break][break]

"Sorry to be out of commission again. At the very least, I'm glad you're okay."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 17:45:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Every additional detail felt like a knife ramming into her back. This wasn't a simple injured to be solved within a week. No, her mistake held ramifications. Ramifications that could even extend far beyond what they already knew, if all goes bad.
[Break][break]
"As long as you're fine, I could care less. Take advantage of the prescribed bedrest and sleep as long as you need to recover."
[Break][break]
Gripping onto the seat's armrests until her knuckles paled, Penelope fingers curl back into her palms, allowing nail to eat away at skin. It helped earn only a sliver of reparations for the very sin they helped create. [Break][break]

"Hoenn will still be here when you come back."
[Break][break]
She paused, sealing her lips into a thin line.
[Break][break]
Should I tell him, she thought to herself, her stomach already twisting at the idea. The hesitation she felt was as thick as the guilt. It clogged her actions, reducing all movement to a slow slur, her thoughts into one raucous march.

[Break][break]
"Gunner, I -"
[Break][break]
I nearly killed you.
[Break][break]
I sent you here.
[Break][break]
I'm desperately sorry.
[Break][break]
"If there's anything you need, ask. Big or small."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 14:49:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner was oblivious to the turmoil raging within Penelope. When his gaze flickered to her face, he only saw genuine concern there. He might have seen a small amount of guilt lay in the furrow between her brows. But that was expected, normal; after all, he had suffered injuries in the line of duty. [break][break]

He nodded at her words. "I will." [break][break]

Both their worries assuaged—as far as he knew—he broached the next topic. The one that had been on the tip of his tongue even during the battle. Lowering his voice, he said, "Have you come to an understanding with it, then?" [break][break]

Emphasis on the word "it" only meant one thing. Chi-Yu. The demonic fish that had watched him from behind its Avatar's back.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 17:32:57 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Mentions of the deity only exacerbated the guilt she felt. Like a thin stream of water cutting through rock, its presence, while not immediately harmful, carried the weight of future destruction. All it required was time.
[Break][break]
Meaning, a decision would have to be made. And soon.
[Break][break]
"Yes."
[Break][break]
With one simple word, her thoughts began melting away to the cervices of her mind, replaced only by flashing pieces of memories previously tucked away.
[Break][break]
Mt. Chimney.
[Break][break]
's lifeless body sprawled out on a blanket of crimson.
[Break][break]
Moltres.
[Break][break]
One blink and reality returned to her fingers, just as solid and heavy as she remembered it.
[Break][break]
"There's still no fully understanding it, or its motives, but everything feels more manageable than before."
[Break][break]
After a moment's pause, remorse tugged at her heart, beckoning the truth to escape her tongue.
[Break][break]
Didn't deserve to know the full extent of it?
[Break][break]
"GUILT WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL. CONTROL IT BEFORE IT CONTROLS YOU."
[Break][break]
The sickly familiar voice erupted, loud and clear, each word enunciated like blast of molten lava.
[Break][break] 
"TELLING HIM WILL ONLY SERVE TO WEAKEN YOU AND STRENGTHEN YOUR ENEMIES."
[Break][break]
Her thoughts danced to , then , their faces distorted into a mesh of water colors. Both equally as lethal, equally as disarming.
[Break][break]
"And I can communicate with it now."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 19:29:43 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Relief filled Gunner when Penelope confirmed she could better manage her connection with Chi-Yu. But the feeling did not deepen when she added that she could communicate with the Ruinous Beast. [break][break]

Instead, he felt the prick of something unwelcome, though he couldn't name it at the time. [break][break]

Was it trepidation? Fear? Worry? He didn't know. Regardless, his stomach churned, and it wasn't because of the painkillers. [break][break]

"What is it telling you?" Gunner asked, not sure if he wanted to know or if he preferred to remain in the dark. Little did he know Chi-Yu was speaking into Penelope's mind at that very moment, cautioning her against truthfulness.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 23:21:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

the second it took to answer felt eternal.
[Break][break]
There was a war raging behind her eyes, leaving the councilwoman in a personal quandary without a solution to be found. Still, she steeled down her facade, allowing only subtleties to paint the truth her words forbade.
[Break][break]
"Too much," was all she could say. Her tired words felt heavy in the air. It took an additional pause to recollect the rest of the leftover stamina. "But it hasn't said a word of its motivation. Or why it chose me, while the others sided with Rocket."
[Break][break]
"I worry of its connection to the other ruinous beasts, wherever they are. I know whenever I face there is nothing of note, but I keep having this feeling that there's more to it."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,302 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 0:43:55 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner processed Penelope's answer with a flicker of his eyes as they surveyed her face. Everything from the slump of her shoulders to the tone of her voice suggested a bone-deep weariness. Only by the iron will he'd grown to admire did she manage to hold herself together. Upright. [break][break]

He nodded in acceptance, the gesture slight. Then he stretched out a hand like he'd done a dozen times before to reassure her. But he could only reach so far in her direction without moving. Instead, his arm rested heavily on the pillows cushioning him. [break][break]

"You're probably right. There's more we don't know and that's our biggest vulnerability," Gunner said, closing his eyes. His voice was soft, his own exhaustion seeping out. [break][break]

"But if there's anyone who can take a stand against the other Ruinous Beasts and their Avatars, it's you. Now that you can communicate with Chi-Yu, I mean. It's okay that you don't know much about it yet. You will." [break][break]

He had to believe it. He had to believe her.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 19:07:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

s"you're right."
[Break][break]
Where anxiety laid, primed and readied to strike, Gunner was there, his words glints of steel stacked together, shielding off whatever their threats like second nature. It's for that reason alone Penelope smiled inwardly to herself.
[Break][break]
"But until then," she proposed, her lips already pressing into a thin line. "Rest assured, I'll find the person responsible for this."
[Break][break]
@howard. The same man who'd forced her hand. If it hadn't been for him, or rocket, or the rest of those damned forces, none of this would've happened.
[Break][break]
And while, deep down, she knew that version of events might've strayed from reality, it was an addicting notion to fall behind. One that made breathing a bit easier.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
THE PRICE OF OUR SINS
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 1:18:33 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: