Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2024 22:18:05 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]A hand to her chest. [break][break]

Tsubaki stills hear heart with calm, measured breaths.[break][break]

Her arbok responds accordingly. Normally hostile, she relaxes, feeling her master at ease. Tongue flicking in and out, she smells the other person in the room, watching with suspicious eyes. Her tail twitches, slowly. And yet, she does not wish the other harm.[break][break]

"This room is peaceful."[break][break]

Unlike anything she remembers. Even the sanctuary of her zen garden doesn't compare.[break][break]

She opens her eyes to watch Hideo, frowning. Suddenly, she's concerned. [break][break]

"Way too peaceful. It's eerie."[break][break]

Psychic powers are truly her weakness. Just being here dulls her edge. [break][break]

"Let's just get this over with."[break][break]

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 23:43:55 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1069284117881049148/Welcome.mp3?ex=65c8ed70&is=65b67870&hm=64c43730728d01fc4fc0a2f59b19e90bbe99b449832e70186afc184a2dfe5c46&[/player]

Welcome

"We keep it comfortable for challengers, since they're put to sleep for a while."

He'd normally go through the usual pleasantries, asking about why she chose this story - but it was clear that this challenger was a bit anxious. Not just from her wording - the myriad Psychic Pokemon in the room were telling him that as well.

Hideo offered an open hand - pointing it towards the couch. A Musharna sat upon it, though there was more than enough space for Tsubaki to sit down - and enough for her Arbok to sit beside her. A Musharna sat by Hideo's side as well.

"When you're ready, you can take a seat."

On the boy's lap sat a book, one that was minimally-illustrated. On the front were the words "A Journey Amongst The Stars", with small bumps on the front of the book: braille lettering.

"And if there's any point you want to stop, just let me know."

close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 4:32:33 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]A pause, as she considers that turn of phrase...[break][break]

"'Put to sleep', huh? Long as it don't hurt."[break][break]

She glances around. Even the geometry of this room feels calming to an unsettling degree. Probably impossible to feel pain here, she thinks to herself. It makes her skin crawl. [break][break]

"Alright, Kino. I'm ready."[break][break]

Baki plops down on the couch, sharing a glance with the Musharna. She politely smiles, then looks to Hideo, who obviously doesn't meet her gaze.[break][break]

"Appreciate the concern, but that won't be necessary. Don't go easy on me, hate when people pull their punches."[break][break]

She smirks, making a show, acting tough. She wonders why, when this kid can't see the front she's putting on anyway.[break][break]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 20:05:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
He'd missed the odd phrasing he'd used, merely sticking to what made most sense. "Should be painless. It's just like any other time a Pokemon uses Hypnosis on you."

Once she hit the couch and confirmed her readiness (and desire to get the full experience), Hideo nodded. "Alright. All you'll need to do now is close your eyes, and give it a moment. Just focus on my words, and let them do their work."

His Pokemon went to work, the Musharnas letting out some Dream Mist as they would Hypnotize Tsubaki into a peaceful slumber.

"You will find yourself in the hangar of a Space Station."

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1015416098595811469/StoryBegin.mp3?ex=65cffbef&is=65bd86ef&hm=ead892cabf3f617dbfed565d0802b9d04e53a54092683bb59694c4f97ce7d6be&[/player]
The Story Begins

[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]A Long Way From Home
[attr="class","monody"]
Spaaaaaaaaaaace
"Now open your eyes."

The transition was as instantaneous as Hideo promised, and Tsubaki would find herself in a dimly-lit hangar. It'd be hard to tell just how large the room was, but the echoing sound of shoes on metal would be easy to notice.

And Hideo's voice could still be heard, as if surrounding Tsubaki, distant yet close.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a civilization that had reached the stars. To them, traveling to space was as simple as getting on an airplane and traveling between regions. And yet, space is a vast thing; despite the centuries this civilization had spent among the stars, it barely knew a fraction of a fraction of what it contained.

And so, many dedicated their lives to exploring the reaches of space, whether seeking to uncover the mysteries of the infinite, wealth beyond measure, or simply to find a new home. One such Explorer was on their way now, to begin their expedition.

The Explorer's transponder crackled as a voice began to speak to them - the familiar voice of their Commander.

"
Before you leave, Explorer, let us review your objective one last time."

The Explorer was to…

Prompt
Choose your objective:

- Find a Lost Traveler

or

- Find A New World to Settle Upon

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/j6994qK.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 2:44:11 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"'Words', huh?"[break][break]

She swallows, closing her eyes and trying to relax. [break][break]

This is stupid. This is beyond stupid. This is... [break][break]

Wait.[break][break]

No, still stupid. But, there's something deep down. [break][break]

Words welling up from below like a spring. She drinks deep of them, and then...[break][break]

[break][break]

Another lifetime. A life in space. In this life as well as the last, she's a wanderer. She travels, smuggles goods on the side, but above all, she keeps moving. Wanderlust speaks to her. Not all who wander are lost. Sometimes, they find exactly where they need to be. [break][break]

"Yeah, yeah. Find a new home. As if I haven't been doin' that all my life already."[break][break]

A sharp tongue, obstinate tone. It contrasts with the overly formal commander's. She ain't in this for a promotion. She ain't gonna suck up to nobody. [break][break]

"Don't you worry, I'll find that pale blue dot for ya. You can count on me."[break][break]

It's like finding a single grain of sand in a desert, but all the same. Sayin' it's impossible to your superior is not a good look, even if they're asking for it.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Find A New World to Settle Upon

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 22:08:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Welcome to Space Station 13
[attr="class","monody"]
The Most Important Subject: Shipping
The Explorer confirmed their mission: to find out why the stars in the sky were going out.

"Correct," the Commander said. "As our civilization grows, so too do our needs, and a world can only carry so many people on it. We know there are many worlds out there that can support life. We need only find them - and ensure that we can settle upon them. It will be your duty to find a new world for us to settle upon, whether it's a pale blue world or a dark green one."

"Good luck on your mission, Explorer. May you find your way through this ordeal."

With that, the transponder went off, leaving the Explorer to go on their duty.

But just how would the Explorer set out upon their journey? Why, the same way anyone else would! With a spaceship of their own, one that had served them well.

They'd just need to make one last assessment of their ship before they were off.

may choose one Pokemon they possess to take the role of their Spaceship. The Spaceship is themed after said Pokemon, though it is still a Spaceship capable of carrying them through their mission. Any and all attacks/abilities are capabilities of the Spaceship, expressed as desires.

Prompt

Choose a Pokemon to act as your Spaceship
Describe your Spaceship

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/j6994qK.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2024 0:30:49 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She drops the transponder in her lap with a sigh, reclining back in her chair. [break][break]

"... Right. How the hell am I gonna do that?"[break][break]

A minute of self-loathing, getting herself into this position in the first place. Then she sits up, touches the screen. It flares to life instantly, luminosity burning her eyes. [break][break]

"Computer, system scan. Tell me everything's good."[break][break]

GOOD DAY, MISS CAMELLIA.[break]
PROCESSING REQUEST. . .[break]
YES, RIGHT AWAY.[break][break]

LUMINOUS CORE POWER LEVEL. . . 73%[break]
CRYSTAL SHIELDING STATUS. . . ON[break]
FLAGELLUM STATUS. . . NOMINAL[break]
TOXIC SHOCK CANNONS. . . RECHARGING[break][break]

WARNING: BATTERY LOW.[break]
PLEASE ALLOW THREE MORE DAYS FOR STATUS TO IMPROVE.

[break][break]

Baki taps on the screen harder, hoping that'll change the outcome. A few seconds of waiting, but those results don't flicker in the slightest. [break][break]

"Damn. [break][break]

"What kinda pilot forgets to charge their ship, anyhow?"
[break][break]

She slides her finger along the screen to a big, yellow button. A moment of hesitation, then she fires it up. The body of the ship groans as if in protest, waking a giant who hasn't gotten quite enough rest. [break][break]

"Don't worry, girl. We'll get you somethin' on the way. Gotta get outta this sector. People like me, don't like stickin' around somewhere very long. Bigger chance someone you don't wanna see stumbles across ya."[break][break]

She runs her hand along the dash, and the engines begin to roar, carrying her into the stratosphere almost instantly. She pulls up a map, setting her course for the generally blank space on the map, a no-man's land. [break][break]

Good thing she's not a man.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Choose a Pokemon to act as your Spaceship: Nihilego

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 0:09:15 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887432001102164049/1212129718103441459/Wander_Space_I_quiet.mp3?ex=65f0b6c5&is=65de41c5&hm=c6a4980d174e001aacd55002cf1cf4afa98c19a2c200548e3480bed4c6cdea6a&[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Yar Har
[attr="class","monody"]
Space Pirates
The Explorer performed their necessary assessments. Their Spaceship might not be at 100%, but it would have to do; space wasn't going to explore itself!

And so, with a groan, the ship was off, into the infinite reaches of space, with the goal of finding a suitable world to settle upon. It would not be an easy task, for a world would have to be just right - fit for life, safety, and with the resources their civilization needed to thrive.

But it was their duty. Into the no-man's land they went.

——

And not everyone cared for an Explorer's duty.

It wouldn't be long after the Explorer's departure that they'd be alerted to the approach of a handful of strike-craft - 4
JLT1K fighters, as they'd quickly discover.

Soon after, they'd receive a hail from one of the strike craft.

"
We of the Bug Coalition welcome you, Explorer!"

The Bug Coalition was a group of space pirates, infamous for their numbers - if not for anything else.

"
It's customary for any Explorer that comes across our territory to offer their spaceship as tribute! Of course, it doesn't matter if the Explorer wants to or not - we just want the parts."

It'd seem that the Explorer had a fight on their hands…

Prompt

Write out  your battle against the 4 JLT1K strike craft. You must have your Spaceship utilize at least 3 different attacks, and incorporate at least 1 ability it possesses. You may control the JLT1K fighters and have them use attacks appropriate to a Joltik. They will attempt to use their superior numbers to their advantage.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 0:35:09 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]A distressed sigh as the signal crackles over the radio. Baki grips the controls tight, knuckles nearly as white as her ride. Then, clearing her throat, she picks up the radio.[break][break]

"Affirmative. Got yer message, loud an' clear."[break][break]

She stares at the screen, feeling the sweat trickling on her brow. [break][break]

Whatever's about to happen, it ain't good.[break][break]

"Come on an' send a boarding party, I'll give you what you deser--"[break][break]

The screens flicker, and an alarm sounds. Fire hits the shielding of her craft, announcing the start of hostilities.[break][break]

"... Shit! ... Shit, shit!"[break][break]

Did they read her intentions? Was she really that transparent? [break][break]

... No, they never intended for peace in the first place. [break][break]

"Gods-damned... THAT'S what you want, HUH!? NOBODY fires at MY ship!"[break][break]

Baki scrolls her fingers across the screen on her dash, powering up the cannons. [break][break]

A pop-up flashes across the screen.[break][break]

WARNING![break][break]

CANNONS HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED. DIVERTING BATTERY POWER DIRECTLY TO CANNONS MAY DRAIN CORE TO CRITICAL LEVELS.[break][break]

CONTINUE?[break][break]

YES / NO[break][break]

She smashes YES without even reading the warnings. A power gem beam cuts through the vacuum of space, obliterating one of the pirate ships in a single blow. The luminous core glows, gaining power from shooting down one of its enemies thanks to its Beast Boost. [break][break]

The remaining ships surge forward in response, trying to outmaneuver the guns. [break][break]

"Hah! Gotcha! Now fer yer friends!"[break][break]

She tilts the control stick and the larger vessel turns in place, narrowing its profile as the shields flicker back to life, absorbing most of the stray fire from the pirates. They begin to generate static electricity between them, bouncing lightning bolts back and forth to strengthen their attack.[break][break]

"Ohhh, no ya don't!"[break][break]

Baki presses another button, a field of chaff dispersing in the fighter's direction. Each of them turn sharply to avoid the stealth rocks, but one's wing catches on the outside of the field, its hull shredded in an instant under its own speed. [break][break]

The two remaining fighters discharge their lightning bolts, and the power of the ship flickers. [break][break]

SHIELDS TEMPORARILY OFFLINE[break][break]

PLEASE STAND BY
[break][break]

"Fuck![break][break]

"Better figure this out quick, old friend... we ain't got a lotta time!"
[break][break]

She speaks to the ship, watching the display. The battery begins to groan as defensive measures begin failing. The two fighters get in close, firing their cannons and sending up more clouds of chaff. This time, they're wise to the defense and maneuver skillfully around it. [break][break]

"C'mon... c'mon..."[break][break]

The groaning falls into an inaudible range. And then, the ship begins to vibrate. An eerily familiar sense of dread comes over her, letting her know the moment's come.[break][break]

"Now! FIRE!"[break][break]

The ship unleashes all of its gathered energy at once, a meteor beam of perdition that evaporates any of the pirates in proximity. The beam heads straight for the source of the initial transmission, presumably the flagship. [break][break]

"Hah! There we go!"[break][break]

Baki's fist pumps the air. Little time for celebration, she diverts all energy back to the engines, feeling the weight in her chest as the ship suddenly accelerates into a jump. The cannon a mere distraction, the only way out of this is to get far, far away.[break][break]

She watches the signal of the armada flicker out of existence behind her as she travels into deep space. Hopefully for good. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Fight the pirates

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 22:29:29 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Yar Har
[attr="class","monody"]
Drifting
These Bug Coalition strikers weren't a bunch easily fooled - they saw through the Explorer's ruse, and barraged their Spaceship with their attacks.

But they couldn't have expected the retaliation that ensued. One by one, their ships were shot down, their screams of terror failing to carry through the vacuum of space - for when you're in space, no one can hear you scream.

The foes in front of them defeated, the Explorer pushed onward - perhaps pushing their Spaceship harder than they should've.

——

The moment their ship finished their jump, they'd receive a notification: their core was at critical levels, and would need time to recharge. They could choose to merely drift through space, to allow the light of the sun to charge their ship as they floated in vast nothingness.

Or they could choose to land upon a nearby small planet. It was a very small one - one they could even walk the entire surface of in merely thirty minutes - too small for the civilization's conditions for colonization - but it did possess an atmosphere they could breathe.

And, if the Explorer scanned the planet first, a single life form - in addition to a few plants where the life-form was present.

What would they choose to do?

Prompt

Choose:

Land on the planet as your ship recharges

or

Drift through space as your ship recharges

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 5:33:36 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Tsubaki hammers on her ship's controls, but even a few very well-placed punches don't manage to kick the engine back into gear. Disgusted, she gets up from her seat and paces to the window, staring out at the field of stars.[break][break]

"Fuck, Manju... rather be alive, but I hate havin' to sit around like an idiot..."[break][break]

She talks to the ship like an old friend. Her only friend, in fact. It's lonely out in space, so they say. Ain't that how the song goes?[break][break]

A frustrated huff, and Baki pin-points a tiny little planet in the distance. Hurriedly, she heads to the airlock, slipping on a suit. [break][break]

"Manju! Set a course for that planet!"[break][break]

RIGHT AWAY, MISS CAMELLIA
[break][break]

The ship lands on the little planet, so tiny gravity barely exists. Baki exits, looking around, seeing little of note. [break][break]

"... Dunno what I expected."[break][break]

A little prince, perhaps? [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Land on the planet

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 23:00:48 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Who could've seen that coming?
[attr="class","monody"]
The Little Prince
Percussive maintenance could only get the Explorer so far, and after some deliberation, they chose to land on the tiny planet. They mused to themself about what they saw, which wasn't much.

But they'd soon hear that they weren't alone - a youthful voice called out to them.

"
Oh, it's been so very long since I last had a visitor!" he exclaimed, the small figure coming into view. A child, far younger than the Explorer. "And what a strange suit you are wearing! I wish I could have something so fancy!"

The child stood a short distance from Explorer. "It's always exciting to have someone new to talk to! My home is closeby - we can talk there if you want! Or here is fine."

The boy's words were earnest, without a hint of malice or deception. But would the Explorer accept his offer?

Prompt

Choose:

Accept the Little Prince's offer

or

Don't accept the Little Prince's offer

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 21:50:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Baki blinks. Visibly surprised she had encountered anyone on this little rock, she watches him warily. And then, childish words lull her into a sense of security, and she responds by striking up casual conversation.[break][break]

"You live here?"[break][break]

A look around. There's a rock. A crater. A bunch of stars in the skies above. And... [break][break]

Not much else. [break][break]

"Damn. That shit sucks. I'm sorry, I actually feel bad for you."[break][break]

There's an earnestness in her voice. She's not just making fun of this little Prince of Nothing in Particular. She actually does feel bad. There's a million different worlds in the galaxy, and he's the prince of this dump.[break][break]

"I mean... sure, I don't care. Lead the way, I guess."[break][break]

Baki begins to follow him. Then, curiosity gets the best of her. [break][break]

"By the way... how're you talking if you don't have a mouth?"[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Join the Little Prince

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,425 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 23:25:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]A smol question
[attr="class","monody"]
The Little Rose
The Little Prince eagerly nodded as the Explorer questioned if this was his home, then tilted his head when they spoke their disappointment. "It may not have much, but it's my home. I wouldn't say it sucks."

"
And I speak just like anyone else speaks!" There would be no elaboration beyond that.

He led the Explorer to his home. The path there was sparse, only a few plants dotting the surface. The Explorer's Spaceship's assessment had been accurate, with no other being on this planet but the two of them.

And soon, they'd reached the destination.

It was a modest house, with a table sitting outside. A pair of chairs sat around the table, and upon the table itself sat a clay pot. And in that pot, sat a single, red rose.

"
Here we are!" the Little Prince exclaimed, approaching the rose. "This here's a rose that I dug up a while ago. I thought it was pretty, and I've been caring for it since."

"
It's not the only rose in the universe. It's not even the only rose on this world. But this rose is special to me, 'cause it's my rose."

The Little Prince looked over to the Explorer, curiosity glinting in his eyes.

"
Do you have something like that? Like my rose? Someone that's common, but special to you?"

Prompt

Answer the question

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
989 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 1:20:21 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"I mean... if you're happy with it, that's what matters."[break][break]

She looks questioningly at the modest home. Even her worst nights back in Kanto had left her with more than this, and that was in a sewer... [break][break]

She blinks, and shakes her head, pressing a thumb into her forehead. Something's weird. She's a nomad, a smuggler. Never spent a night underground in her life. And this 'Kanto'... what the hell was that?[break][break]

"Sorry. Migraine."[break][break]

She sets herself down at the table, gazing at the rose in front of her. It was beautiful, if fleeting. Would last a week at best, even in this vase. How long had this Explorer been here, anyway?[break][break]

"Yeah. Got somethin' like that. A few things, actually... "[break][break]

Somethin' that spoils when you get your grubby little hands all over it? Something that dies when you try to keep it for yourself for even a short time?[break][break]

Story of her life.[break][break]

"Where should I begin?"[break][break]

She mentally runs down the list, settling on the one thing that hadn't run her wrong yet. The one thing in her life that hadn't abandoned her. The one thing... she could still count on, out here in the vacuum of space.[break][break]

"A ship. Old, but she runs like a dream. Near custom at this point, all the patch jobs over the years. But. Came from a pretty common model, originally."[break][break]

How much of the original was left? Was she even the same ship anymore? Wasn't this one of those silly little paradoxes she learned back at the academy before she got kicked out for being too much of a straight shooter? Yes. Yes it was.[break][break]

Somewhere, she got distracted.[break][break]

"Listen... I'm looking for a planet..."[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Answer the question.

[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights