he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 18:42:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]A smol responsibility
[attr="class","monody"]
Forever Responsible For Your Rose
The Little Prince nodded along as the Explorer shared their "Rose".

"
That was the ship you were near when I found you, right?" the Little Prince asked. "It did look pretty nice! I don't need something like that to travel across the stars, but it'd be nice to fly around in a house."

"
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to have something like a rose! Even if what you got isn't exactly a rose." A spaceship certainly did more than a rose could, and needed more care than a rose. "I've seen other ships before. Some bigger, some smaller, some grander, some simpler. But what's important is that that ship is yours. Just like how this rose is mine."

The Little Prince looked over at his rose.

"
And it's the time we spend on our rose that makes it so important. The time we spend caring for it, looking at it, being with it. It's the time we waste on it that makes it different from everything else just like it."

Perhaps the rose would not last long - but it was something important to him. Even if that time ended with nothing, the time he spent was important.

"
And we're forever responsible for our rose."

The Little Prince looked back to the Explorer, who'd asked him a peculiar question.

"
Oh, you're looking for a planet? There's lots of planets out there that I've been to! Was there a certain kind of planet you were looking for?"

Prompt

Answer the question

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
990 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 0:14:37 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Not a rose, perhaps, but a flower..."[break][break]

Manjushage. A white flower from the heavens, said to bring enlightenment. Whatever she was doing out here, surely she'd find it... as long as she kept on her journey, that is. Gettin' attached to any one place, that was a recipe for disaster. [break][break]

"And not a specific planet, either."[break][break]

She corrects the little prince. [break][break]

There's an innocence in his words. She can't really hold that against him. We all were innocent once, til we were poisoned by knowledge. Often, that being the awareness that others could hurt you... [break][break]

But he hadn't learnt it out here, where there was nobody. So isolated, he maintained that cheery outlook, greeting a stranger as a friend the way she may have herself once upon a time, way back when, long before she can remember. [break][break]

"Just lookin' for a vacant planet. A place to move. People back home, they're not content with just a rose. Ran out of room a long, long time ago. Soon they'll run out of water and air, too. But the kids... they still need a place to grow up."[break][break]

The little prince reminded her of them. Talking without reservation, knowing what was valuable, what wasn't. [break][break]

Adults like her, they'd long learned that the only way to protect their 'rose' was to stomp on other's before they did the same. Some of them even realized that if they looked over yonder, they could get their hands on more than one. [break][break]

They'd forgotten what mattered in a race to the bottom. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Answer the question.

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 22:24:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Plot Hook Ahoy
[attr="class","monody"]
The Next Destination?
The cosmos was a grand thing indeed - but perhaps the Explorer's host could shed light on prospective planets.

"
Oh, I could think of one you might like!"

Fortunately for the Explorer, he could help them there.

"
I remember this one world I visited that looked really nice! It had water and all that other stuff people need to live! And it's big enough for a lotta people to live on! There was a guy there, but he said he was waiting until his time came, so I don't think he's gonna stop you from visiting there or anything."

The Little Prince spoke with enthusiasm, with no heed to the implication of those words.

"
It should be a great place for kids to grow up on! I'm sure everyone there can find a rose just like mine. Or like yours."

What that "rose" could be would vary from person to person - but whatever it was, would be important to them.

The Explorer would soon receive a notification from their Spaceship; enough time had passed for it to fully charge; they were free to leave if they wanted.

Even if it'd only felt like they were here for less than an hour.

"Anything else you wanna know? I'm glad to help any other way I can!"

Prompt

Return to your Spaceship
Optional: Ask any other questions you may have before you go.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
990 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 1:04:34 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She tilts her head, intrigued by the little prince's words. [break][break]

A glance at her Poketch, and her ship indicates it's ready to go -- but she's not quite done here yet. [break][break]

This planet, it belongs to the little prince. Not that it'd be useful for her purposes anyway, but she's lookin' for a place to lay claim to. But if someone's waiting on this other planet, could it belong to them? Even going there puts it on her radar, and if there's water, and resources... unlike this dump, no way her bosses won't take notice.[break][break]

"This guy waitin'... know his name, by chance? Anything about him? What else did he say?"[break][break]

Going in blind ain't gonna be ideal, but something tells her the little prince is a bit too easygoing to have much info. He's content to live and let live, unlike everyone else in this crowded galaxy.[break][break]

Still, that's a bit rude to assume-- that he's too simple to know certain things-- so she asks all the same. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Asks questions before she leaves

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,427 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 23:11:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]On the commute
[attr="class","monody"]
Words of Encouragement
The Little Prince shook his head as the Explorer asked their final question. "Dunno what his name was. I tried asking, but he said it didn't matter, so he didn't give it. Just told me that he was gonna stay there 'til the end of time or something. Didn't even want me visiting his world - only let me look at it."

It would seem that the Explorer may find some resistance at the planet they were told of - but only some.

With that, the Explorer made their exit. The Little Prince waved to them one more time - perhaps the last time.

"
It was nice talking to you! I hope we can one day meet again!"

Or perhaps not. There was an infinite number of stars to explore - perhaps an innumerable number of Little Princes, on their little planets with their little roses.

But it's the time the Explorer spent with this Little Prince that made them different.

———

It would seem that the Little Prince didn't specify how far the planet was; even with their spaceship fully-charged, at maximum speed, it would take some time for them to reach it. Not much to do now but wait it out, unless something came to them.

Which it did.

A notification from the Explorer's Spaceship - they'd received a message from their Commander. A pre-recorded message - a proper call was out of the question at this speed and distance. It was a miracle the message even reached them at all.

"
I pray this message finds you well, Explorer. It can be lonely in the depths of space, and it's driven many to madness. Your duty is important to us, both as a people and as a civilization."

"
I was asked to relay this message to you."

There would be a brief moment before the message began. It was from someone the Explorer knew, and whether it was a mere voice message or a video message, they had some encouraging words for them.

Prompt

Write out the encouraging message you received. It can be from anyone your character knows, whether human or Pokemon. If it's a PC (or a major site NPC), ask their player for permission first; they have permission to post in this thread with the message if you so wish.

React to the message.

MADE BY MIZO
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights