1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
trepidation doesn't stop death, but it stops life | m | open
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 3:13:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Deep within the Hoenn region lay Area Zero, the vast Terastal Underground network of caves decorated with sparkling Tera crystals. From above, the entrance spiraled downward into seemingly endless darkness. Callan peered over the edge into the black abyss dotted with glimmers of crystal.

These expeditions were dangerous because they were known to manifest phantom legendary Pokemon - not real legends, but very much real threats. They needed strong trainers to join for the safety of the miners, but even then, these operations were high risk.

Trainers had been paired up to explore the caverns below. Callan arrived early at the meeting spot to wait for his assigned partner, fighting off jet lag after just returning from Unova. Whoever was assigned would be able to tell him a few more details about recent events.

OPEN

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2024 7:05:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
HERE WE STAND, HERE WE FALL, HISTORY WON'T CARE AT ALL

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Callan is met by his successor.[break][break]
That he no longer mantles the responsibility of an Elite Four seat matters little to the League. Callan is still one of their best minds. He’s needed, and it says much about the severity of their task that both of them are being called in for this.[break][break]
Yo.” Hoenn’s Fighting Master says with a wave and a hand in his pocket. On this new frame, this older form Space/Time has cursed him with, it looks out of place. He’s started wearing a hat since they last met, embodying the rugged demeanor of an old-fashioned cowboy, or maybe a country sheriff. At his side walks an Urshifu, his face bearing burn scars from the Walking Wake that attacked AQUA.[break][break]
Good to see you again, Young. Really. You’re a sight for sore eyes. Shit got kind of crazy while you went home.” Gunmetal eyes float to the great chasm, an abyss threatening to swallow the region whole for daring to dream. “Kyurem got out. Monsters are on the loose. Robot clones of Cobalion and his gang were running around for a bit. Madness. All that without bringing up the battle north of Dewford Town.”[break][break]
There is some element of venting in his words, a trust built on understanding. Callan bore this cross with grace.[break][break]
Guess for an old hat like you…pretty normal few months, huh?” A grin. “Let’s make sure these miners’ve got a clear route, huh?

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 4:49:09 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Hey Navy." Callan replied, as he looked at the newest member of the Elite Four. Well, he'd been a member for more than half a year already, but he seemed to have taken it well from what he's hearing.

"That's rough man, I feel it." He could empathize with the never-ending storm of issues that Hoenn faced. "I dunno if it's a sight for sore eyes man, I just wanna do something while I'm here. But yeah, I'll help out once or twice, but I'm probably not going to be going as hard as I used to." He had given more than enough of himself to service already.

"Sounds good to me." The mining operation goes by somewhat smoothly, barring the occasional attack on the road which were swiftly dispatched by two members of the Elite Four. But the real danger lay further down.

"Congratulations on your promotion, by the way. How're you finding it so far?"

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 4:59:59 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Hard work, but good work.” And what more could a man ask for than that? Only while serving the League and serving his liege lords in Galar has he known peaceful slumber. There’s always another battle, always a need for him, and a hope that he will be forgotten when peace inevitably comes.[break][break]
Either way, I’m sure happy to have you here. Rocket’s down here too, of course. Got camps set up. Probably trying to mine stuff, or research the paradox Pokemon.”[break][break]
As if accentuating the point, three Iron Treads roll by. The rolling tanks pay them no mind, only stopping when forced into a confrontation with a herd of Great Tusks. Past and future collide in this strange semblance of the present.[break][break]
It’s always fun. Let’s just make sure Rocket ain’t causing too much trouble. Most trainers can’t push down very far ‘fore the paradoxes chase ‘em off, but I think two elites can punch through.” His smile carries mischief, a thirst for battle. “So…what Pokemon didja bring?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 9:55:20 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Hard but good. “That’s better than what I had felt when I was in your shoes.” The rock star gives a wistful smile. A hint of envy laced itself in between the words, he knew the difficulty of the position, to have to wear responsibility despite it being unequally shared between the four.

To be the Soto in comparison to the rest of the league’s Uchi. The envy comes from the optimism in Navy’s voice. If it was a facade, the trainer wore it well. Callan had, by the end of his tenure. Consigned himself to the ‘Fuck It’ school of thought. A single resignation paper, some mild press controversy and he made a beeline straight for Unova for a family and a tour.

Returning back to Hoenn was like visiting the Wendy’s parking lot to reminisce about two crackheads duking it out while on fentanyl. He couldn’t say it was necessarily an unpleasant experience, but he certainly wasn’t the one trying to break it up anymore.

“Oh, well… there’s Bowie.” He points to his Toxtricity, who casually salutes the high noon trainer as he passes by on a construction truck. “I’ve got Ugin in my second poke all if there’s a need, but I doubt it.” Callan pauses as he turns towards Navy.

“I haven’t been appraised much but… how’s the situation in the AQUA?”

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 5:25:21 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Same old story, same old song and dance.” His honest assessment, tinged by a knowing smile. “We’re still planning that offensive you guys were talking ‘bout in the meeting hall, according to the minutes I read.” How the records survived the fall into a tera cave, Navy doesn’t know. He’s not in the business of questioning providence.[break][break]
His own Pokemon ventures ahead, warding off living paradoxes. A few kills secures them safe passage. These creatures are untrained, newborns, coasting by on easy strength. A display of real power from two well-trained Pokemon is enough. There are few who can manage these hard, fast minutes, but they pass as all things do.[break][break]
Planning our offensive, dealing with the fact that Rocket’s planning something, too. Rocket’s here in the crater too, making their own bases. It’s pretty much impossible to run ‘em off for good from anywhere. We’re spread thin.” Yet still, his voice doesn’t falter. They have good men, capable men. This is still anybody’s fight.[break][break]
You seem…awfully casual ‘bout this, given what you told me last year.” An Unown disappears just out of sight behind a curve in the path, down into the chasm. “The dark triad’s still doing their thing.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,560 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2024 6:00:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
”I don’t think they had a plan in the first place.” Callan chuckled, “It was a childish attempt to gaslight and posture. Time proved me right, and Elinor was saved.”

The rock star pulled back a fringe lock on his face as the two of them bulldozed through the paradox Pokémon. ”I don’t know any more or less than you do.” He admits, “I must seem calmer than I feel then.” Callan knew his facade was not perfect, but it was that or lay awake at night, deathly terrified of a potential future. Better to have a spark of hope and keep living than the alternative.

“This may sound indelicate,“ Callan pauses, knowing that this would sound completely tinfoil, “But given the sheer amount of dumb things people have done in battles, and still have somehow survived, I feel like there’s a decent chance for us to come through.” Himself included, though thankfully on a lesser scale.

“Any plans from AQUA on how to deal with the threats?” Callan asked, “Knowing them, they’re swamped enough as it is without much thought into the future.”

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,237 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 10:29:35 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

Wait and see.” He says, taking a step back as Roland sends a paradox flying. “Wait and hope.” It’s a small distinction, but it seems an important one to make. “Every time we figure out one problem, a new one pops up. The latest is this toxic chain thing. Seemingly no pattern to their attacks.”[break][break]
Perhaps he shouldn’t be admitting this, but Callan knows the score. He did the job for a long, long time. In Navy’s opinion, he did the job admirably. He has a right to know, especially if he’s going to make an effort to help.[break][break]
We have a lot of contingency plans, but none of ‘em seem all that proactive.” A small pause is accompanied by a smile. For a man with an eighth grade education, he just said a whole lot of five dollar words. “At least, when stuff happens, folks answer the call. Feels like pretty much every trainer in the region was up there fighting Kyurem in January.

notes about this post

Notes go here

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights