TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 3:37:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A cute, pink sweater. It swallows Chu-e whole, loose on thin arms and sagging at narrow shoulders. A decal that looks like a fluffy white cloud acts as a pouch, storing a phone and some lip-chap. Inside of the lip-chap is a small blue pill that they will take if someone other than recognizes them.[break][break]

The museum had offered these tickets special. Some type of catering, the promise of a free meal before being allowed into the show floor with everyone else. They would even take special pictures before it started so you could have a souvenir. Most of the couples have already cleared out, just a few stragglers staring deeply into each other's eyes over artificial candlelight. The waitresses keep coming over to ask them for a refill, trying to catch their eye with sympathy and strained smiles.[break][break]

Chu-e keeps looking away, down at the spread of romantic (of course) 'Pink Lady' sushi. The caterer had shaped all the pieces like hearts on the tray, surrounded by a few rolls of more standard stuff like 'Castelia' and 'Krabby'. Chu-e has already plucked a few of the heart halves away. Some to eat, and at least one to pick at uselessly and make a mess of on their plate.[break][break]

Wistful, the melted ice in their watered down drink clinks as they look out the window overlooking Slateport.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 yay a totally normal date thread <3

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 8:45:11 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Put simply, Chu-e Choi's existence was suffering. Beyond the illness, the stint as Underboss, and the candidate considered for Necrozma's corruption, his story was one dripping with despair and failure. He was a man without a dream, held together by a pink sweater and a desire to feel something, anything, before inevitably croaking.

Beyond that, he was being stood up. Howard wasn't there. The ticket had been sent to him, but the Rocket Admin was constantly buried under a massive pile of paperwork. With Admin Bee chasing after Galarian Moltres, Howard had picked up much of his slack.

Rocket Admins worked together as a unit, but they also fell together. There could be no in-fighting within their ranks. If Howard showed Chu-e half the interest that he did his paperwork, this 'date' would be entirely unnecessary.

Suddenly, Chu-e heard something delightful.

"Yeah, man. I keep telling them that the Hoyeon blade someone donated is actually from Johto. Most of their physical culture was wiped during the colonial era, but he wouldn't take it." Howard weaved between the show floor's tables with a coworker, holding a coffee in his hands as he did so. "Yeah, it's stupid. I've got a doctorate, I'm not stupid. I told him I've written more papers on the subject then him, and he cussed me out."

The coworker chuckled and said something Chu-e couldn't heard. In reply, Howard laughed.

"It's stupid. I'm gonna grab a late lunch and head down to the lab." Howard chuckled, before turning around and taking a sip of his coffee.

His eye turned on Chu-e. He choked on his drink. The only thought going through his mind was a prolonged 'Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.'

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2024 9:14:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

It would be no surprise that Chu-e's head turned to follow the sound of the Admin's voice.[break][break]

Eyes narrowed, they followed 's movements like a snake might a mouse before pouncing. Lifting a hand, one of the women servers rushed over when she noticed them. Chu-e was already spreading a fresh coat of balm on their lips- it was cherry pink and expensive- as she started to take their plates away.[break][break]

"Thank you all for serving me today. I see my date." Standing, slowly, Chu-e stretched out and made no bones about pointing directly at a certain one-eyed archeologist.[break][break]

These women worked here every day, so no doubt they recognized Howard for who he was. More rumors abound. They would be giving him stink eyes as they served him lunch for a while yet.[break][break]

When Howard made the mistake of locking eyes with Chu-e, they were already striding towards him with intent in their eyes. Head back, posture straight, feet making no sound on tile as they took careful steps. Every bit as elegant and self-righteous as one could look.[break][break]

The coworker, of course, would notice the... man? woman? Person coming towards them with murder flicking in their eyes. Stopping a few steps in front of Howard, Chu-e would glance up to meet his gaze.[break][break]

"Howard Slayte. It's not polite to stand someone up for a date. A Valentine's date." Crisp and succinct in a way that could flay skin from flesh. Yet perfectly poised and calm.[break][break]

Yes, Chu-e would surely have it spread by nightfall in this fine institution that Howard was a womanizer. (Or, whatever the fuck Chu-e was. Stories would differ depending on who was telling it...)[break][break]

Knife eyes flicked to the coworker.[break][break]

"Might we have a moment, please?"[break][break]

And Howard was now trapped.....[break][break]

Trapped in a web of... social convention....

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 AN: wow howwie-san so rude : ( hopefully super cute chu-e-kun will get him next chapter!!! XOXOXOX

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 9:18:19 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Kalos had never been so brightly lit, a mad emperor had proclaimed as he lit the city around his palace ablaze.

That was the feeling Howard was experiencing as he watched Chu-e pour gasoline onto the complex web that was Howard's museum social group, before the former Underboss tossed a match to burn it all to cinders. The gazes of the servers, the glare from the coworker. Several sets of eyes on him began to judge and form theories, like a mediocre archaeologist who refused to heed new evidence.

"I'll... tell you later. See you in an hour." Howard watched longingly as his coworker left, and Howard was left to converse with this person. Man, woman, it didn't matter. He was going to tie a cinder block to their ankle and punt them into the ocean.

The archaeologist took a deep breath, trying to compose himself. Out of every Rocket, Chu-e was the one Howard hated the most. They were a stalker, cruel, and violet. Worst of all, they had given up on everything. Everything. In an organization where every person had an agenda and dream to fill, Chu-e had none.

He was just... empty. Their first chat had proved that. This was a dead man walking. Howard hated that. Without a dream, a person was nothing.

"We had a date?" Howard's frown deepened as he pondered his calendar. There was definitely nothing set for today. The ticket Chu-e had sent remained under several stacks of unsigned documents, forgotten. After a moment, the Rocket Admin's eye returned to Chu-e. "Doesn't ring a bell."

Wait. No. This was wrong.

"I'm so... aghast. Why. Are. You. Here?" Howard hissed at the man, face pressing against his. "You're publicly known. Forget the date, I could get arrested for being here. You're gonna-"

He peered at the servers attempting to eavesdrop. He gave a winning smile and waved.

"Nothing to see! We're just having a spat!" Howard put his arm around Chu-e and guided him away. "Ha ha! What the fuck are you thinking?" His cheerful voice slipped into one dripping with violence.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 7:33:49 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e looks up at Howard, face blotchy and the start of tears lingering in their eyes. Wide, blue and shimmering with hurt as speaks. The coworker, of course, would see. The innocence brimming in the pinpricks of saline.[break][break]

But Howard would see it. With Chu-e's back to to the servers, and after coworker couldn't see their face any longer after wandering off, the countenance would fade. Sharp eyes would watch from the corner until they were far enough away.[break][break]

"You'll be fine. Just look me up."[break][break]

Whatever 'pain' from being stood up gone, falling from a flat tone. Chu-e allows themself to be tucked under Howard's arm, face turning away from the other to focus on a nearby exhibit.[break][break]

Chu-e knows what Howard will find. The 'accidentally' leaked mugshots from their arrest, Chu-e still bruised and sliced from their capture. Black crystal coating half of their face as they tried to force it to recede. Hair dirty and matted. If Howard really dug, they might find grainy pictures from Kanto. A muscular body before it melted away due to sickness.[break][break]

No one would recognize Chu-e as they were.[break][break]

"The story for that is wrong." Pointing at one of the holiday displays, a scene from some famous romantic story. A man and a woman in tight embrace, an effigy of Darkrai coiled around them as an ominous evil. A few pop-up signs explain the basic story, a tale of a man risking life and limb to wake his love from an eternal sleep. Of course, a happy ending. Yet, Chu-e had said it was wrong....

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 regigigas' uncut diamond

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 9:05:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard let out a breathy laugh that seemed half mad.

"I don't even have a computer in my office that works properly. You think I'm going to 'look you up?' If you're so incessant on stalking me, you know I'm too busy to do so. That'd require me to give a shit about you."

Which he did not. This man was utter trash, not worthy to be picked up and tossed into a rubbish bin. Rocket had no need for hunks of meat that had forgotten what it was like to live. The average League politician would claim that Rocket was full of heartless monsters. To an extent, that was correct. Howard agreed with that analysis.

Yet Rocket was far more. It was passion made manifest. Rocket did not order its members to commit atrocities because there was no emotion, but because there was an excess. Each member had been scorned by something or someone, and they acted out in rage in order to correct that error.

Chu-e did not. There was no heart there. Only darkness and contempt. Howard would never respect this individual.

Yet Chu-e was interested in him. He wanted to know why, but it'd require him to think of that one night. That one night was a mistake, and Howard regretted it.

"How so?" He followed Chu-e's gaze to the story. Naturally, his gaze lingered on the Darkrai. Walsh's Darkrai was constantly in the shadows, watching. Howard wondered if Walsh had it stalk the various members of Rocket to ensure they weren't whispering of defection.

It seemed like something the Rocket Boss would do.

"It's a little tropey, but it's generic marketing to get people to buy Candy Applins from the museum's gift shop."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 9:35:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e did not respond to the barb. There was not even a flicker of annoyance as they watched couples wander in front of the display to take pictures together. Not studying, but somewhere else.[break][break]

They had always had very pretty eyes. But in moments like this, with people like , you could see the emptiness. More like a dead fish than a human. The caverns of what had been carved out of them something that could be looked into.[break][break]

"The original story is from Sinnoh. It started as an oral story around Solaceon before written language. A young woman steals a feather from Cresselia to trick a man into loving her. Darkrai seeks revenge for his sister and puts her into eternal sleep. The man confronts Darkrai. Realizes the woman tricked him, then dies anyway."[break][break]

Glancing over to Howard, Chu-e hums and tilts their head.[break][break]

"I like the original better. Stuff like this always feel like a... bastardization."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 chu-e x howard yaoi LEMON DON'T LIKE DON'T READ

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2024 7:15:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Oral storytelling is the oldest form of storytelling, but it's impossible to chronicle. All we can do is trust in our ancestors to tell it properly, and to not modify it." Tales were always modified. Especially verbal ones that were told to amuse and instruct. People were always making modifications to make the tale better fit present circumstances.

It was unfathomably frustrating. Howard preferred the written form of history, which could be referenced and verified. He had a respect for spoken stories, though. In the end, it was a historian's duty to pluck fact from fiction and create a complete tale.

"I've never heard that version. Thanks for telling me." A formality, and not genuine gratitude. Chu-e would never receive that from him. "It's strange to think it could live in our shadows, even now. Walsh could be anywhere."

If he didn't know any better, Howard would've suspected Chu-e of being Walsh in disguise. Howard suspected that the Rocket Boss had more important things to do, though.

"If enough people believe in the bastardization, it becomes the genuine article in the eyes of the masses. It makes finding the truth difficult. Stories should be passed down for the lessons they tell. When the story is modified, the lesson is lost. What's the point, after that?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 4:00:37 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"And if he was? That coward wouldn't do anything even if he saw you fucking on the floor."[break][break]

A click of the tongue. There is a sharpness to Chu-e's tone that is usually absent. A slice into the careful acts and neutrality. Their nose wrinkles, a thin line of disgust on their face. Then it smooths back over, careful and calm one again. Whatever had been trying to resurface from that deep lake once again dark and placid.[break][break]

Chu-e crosses their arms over their chest.[break][break]

"It's terrible to lose that agency, isn't it? Everything you ever are or were stripped away. No matter what you do, other people will decide what you were. What do you think they'll make you, Slayte?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 9:13:57 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Wouldn't that be a sight?" Howard let out a bark of laughter as he regarded the cutout again.

Darkrai and Walsh were omnipresent. They could be anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Apparently, Walsh could also take the faces of other people. The spider would weave his web, and catch as many flies as it desired. When those flies whispered secrets as they quivered in the web, the spider feasted on those with gusto.

Walsh could be anywhere, anyone. He could be Chu-e, projecting a desire to jump Dahlia's bones. That terrified Howard. If the boss got a word of defection, Howard and Chu-e would meet under very different circumstances, and the former Underboss's dead eyes would become an object of fear rather than scorn.

His eye flicked to Chu-e's face as the dying man dared to express an emotion.

"They'll hopefully decide that my history book is boring when they teach it to middle schoolers." He didn't want to elaborate. It scratched too close to the truth, to a shadow he didn't want to trust. "Wise men record history, and strong men write it. You were neither, it seems."

The contempt in his voice could melt lead.

"I'll simply become so important that nobody will dare to forget me."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 2:09:32 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Romantic drivel from men too self important to realize how worthless they really are." Chu-e 'tsked' lightly.[break][break]

"Die protecting your daughter to be piloted by your other child for a year, then be wished back to life by the 'power of love' or some stupid bullshit. Then you'll understand real existentialism about legacies."[break][break]

While it came out as something similar to a joke, from the coy curl of Chu-e's lips to the glimmer in their eyes- there was an unmistakable note of bitterness hidden under the layers and layers of irony and subterfuge they wore like a second skin.[break][break]

"What you want is a punishment. Why do you think it's a reward?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 5:54:25 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"And you sit at the pillar of mediocrity, a towering legacy of how far one can fall."

Despite that, the man smiled at Chu-e. It was a thin one, filled to the brim with utter loathing. Howard could not understand this man. No, it was that he refused to. Yet there was something there that Howard could understand.

Chu-e had a story too.

"When this war is over, there will be winners and there will be losers. Someone has to chronicle it. Every single legacy, every single moment. I need the truth, and I need to persist."

A non-answer and an avoidance. If he had an answer, it wasn't for Chu-e to know. It was a question that a man with no dream had no right to hear. It was a question that only someone who wanted to live would ever hear pass Howard's lips.

"You're the pinnacle of romanticism. Hounding me. Harassing me at work. Sending me vile shit." They're words that he'd never utter these in front of any other colleague. If he spoke a word of this to one of the other admins or underbosses, they'd have his head on a spike.

"What do you want, Chu-e?"

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 6:21:25 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

A quirk of the lips- a real one. And shouldn't that have been warning of doom? More so than any slaps in the face, any glimpses behinds the curtain. Chu-e Choi looked at with those dead fish eyes and smiled at the insults being thrown their way.[break][break]

"Hm. If you read my letters, you'd know I'd drop to my knees right here if you asked, dear." The way their tongue wraps around 'dear' is silky and smooth like velvet but equally oily. A plump olive bitten into fresh from the tree. Hard flesh being snapped into to leave behind an uncomfortable aftertaste. It is not sensual or heady or anything else one might want from a statement like that. It is nature's mockery.[break][break]

"Maybe I'm just curious about something." Chu-e shifts, loops their arm between Howard's and leans their head to pillow on the other's shoulder.[break][break]

"Or maybe I just want a plushie from the gift shop. Your nosy coworker is looking." The mask of serenity is back in place. The character of oh so in love valentine's date causing them to look up at Howard like they might actually someday love him.[break][break]

Disgusting.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 insert yaoi joke here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,859 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 9:21:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was like running around in circles. Each time he asked the question, Chu-e danced away. An eternal waltz that did little but leave Howard infuriated and with more questions. The lack of dignity, the lack of bravado, the lack of anything in those eyes. It was like any light that had once been there had been drained away for something else.

Light, life, love. There was nothing even remotely enjoyable in this man's life. He could try to siphon what he could from Howard, but he would never be satisfied.

"Enough!" Howard hissed as he looked over his shoulder, looking for his coworker. As he did so, he guided Chu-e towards a secluded part of the gift shop. Nobody bought collectible pens anymore. When he was sure they were alone, Howard scowled. "Curious about... what? If you read my file, you know everything there is to know. I am not interesting."

He would strive to keep it that way. He did not need Rocket finding out that he whispered 'treason' behind everyone's back. It wouldn't end well for the Rocket Admin.

"What're you looking for?" His eye blazed with rage, so comparable to the Aerodactyls and the various prehistoric Pokémon he was so fond over. There was light in his gaze, a light of passion that Chu-e had lost. Howard's eye looked on, and it hated what it saw.

"Or lose your chance."

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,592 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
spine and subtext
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 0:33:53 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Chu-e finds themself sequestered into a dusty and unused corner. To outsiders, it would be two lovers stealing a moment alone on a romantic day.[break][break]

Analytic kick into overdrive, as it always does. Same height, but was taller. Howard was faster and stronger physically, but he wasn't a killer. Chu-e couldn't overpower him, but a quick strike to the neck and maybe-[break][break]

They blink and try to tuck those shining innards back into themself, a shaky outward breath and quavering fingers the only sign of mild discomfort. They pick up one of the commemorative pencils and examine it closely. To avoid whatever reaction that Howard might have to the moment of weakness.[break][break]

"You are interesting." Is protested, quietly. They avoid the other's gaze, twisting the pencil between their fingers. Some poorly made bag in the the dirty corner pulling more attention.[break][break]

"You're not scared of me."[break][break]

A gentle sincerity. When Chu-e finally drags their eyes back up to meet Howard's, they are not empty. Something wounded and bleeding and lonely reflects out.[break][break]

Because was gone, for the better. Because Chu-e still saw how nervous he made sometimes. Because had turned into some empty joke of who he was. Because everyone else was dead or never cared that much at all. Because Chu-e was alone.[break][break]

"Why?"[break][break]

A deep pleading bleeds into their voice. A deep shame.[break][break]

Chu-e looks conflicted for a moment.[break][break]

But then they tuck a stray piece of hair behind their ear and everything closes off once again.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 insert yaoi joke here