he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2024 15:41:28 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Guard duty at the Dyna Tree in Ever Grande City was not Gunner's idea of an exciting time. He'd rather be exploring the Great Chasm and whatever awaited in its depths. But while he was recovering from the injuries he'd incurred at the battle against Kyurem, this was the most appropriate assignment for him. [break][break]

Prideful, he'd refused to bring a cane to help him stay standing—a decision he quickly regretted as the pain in his back worsened. He'd decided at last to sit on a nearby bench while his Scizor patrolled around the tree. [break][break]

Someone from the Rangers was supposed to meet Gunner there, representing the joint effort between that organization and the League government to ensure the Dyna Tree's protection. He scanned the area, looking for the familiar uniform.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2024 19:23:26 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jackpost"]

Taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of Ever Grande City for the first time, Jack decided not to be too annoyed at his captain for sending him across the region for this joint mission. The Dyna Tree was easy to pick out, rising into the sky as it did, so Jack strolled that way with his Togekiss in tow.[break][break]

Catching sight of the patrolling Scizor, Jack straightened his Ranger uniform before waving at the pokemon. His Togekiss flapped her wings in greeting, but Jack pulled up short when he caught sight of the League officer on the bench near the tree. Like it had in so many of his recent nightmares the memory of Gunner's broken body on Mount Pyre with his Togekiss attempting to heal the man before Jack was viciously pulled away resurfaced in is mind.[break][break]

Keep going. None of that was real. Or at least it wasn't real in this world.[break][break]

Jack willed his feet into motion as he approached the man. "Mister Graves, what a pleasure."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

– Mission: Protect the Dyna Tree

[attr="class","jackpkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost"]--accent:#52D8D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 19:53:33 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner raised his head at the sound of his name. His eyes widened slightly at the familiar figure approaching him. What a coincidence. [break][break]

Suppressing a grimace, Gunner rose to his feet and held out his hand to shake the Ranger's. "Jack, was it?" he asked, a polite smile gracing his face. "I'm glad to see that you made it off the battlefield safely." [break][break]

Gunner's gaze slid sideways to the Togekiss accompanying Jack, and his smile widened. "And that your Pokémon's doing all right, too." [break][break]

Then he tilted his head to regard the Ranger once more. "Don't tell me you're the one assigned to this shift with me?"

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2024 20:34:02 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack nodded in gratitude, surprised yet strangely warmed that Gunner had remembered his Togekiss' brush with death in the Silent Icelands, especially when so many other things were happening to his own pokemon.[break][break]

"Yeah, I'm your partner for this assignment. I guess one of the perks of being an Elite is being assigned to these PR missions," he said wryly as he fidgeted with the blue armband on his uniform. "My orders were to provide mission support and act as a field medic if needed. We've got your back."[break][break]

While they spoke, Jack couldn't help but notice an oddness in the way Gunner was holding himself. "You been doing alright since the battle?" he asked gently yet probingly.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jackpost u"]text-underline-offset:3px;color:var(--accent);text-decoration-color:var(--accent);text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jackpost .tag a"]font:15px Poppins;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 18:01:23 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Despite Jack's well-meaning concern, Gunner's answer was stoic. The last thing he needed was someone worrying about his physical condition. "I've had better days, but I'm fine." [break][break]

He turned to focus on the Dyna Tree, allowing himself a mirthful exhale at the thought of them needing a medic role for their joint shift. [break][break]

"So far it's been calm and peaceful here, so don't get too excited," Gunner said. "I think Hector is doing a pretty good job of scaring away any thieves." [break][break]

The Scizor did not seem to hear. He continued his patrol around the tree. His red head swiveled like a turret to glare at any passers-by who drew too close. [break][break]

Gunner lowered himself back onto the bench, though instead of relaxing into the seat, he too remained alert. [break][break]

"Have you been a Ranger for long, Jack?" he asked, keeping his tone casual. Though Gunner wasn't much of a conversationalist, he was curious about the Ranger. Jack's face was not one he'd seen before at other battles.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 2:12:55 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

"Hector does seem to be quite the deterrent," Jack replied, glancing toward the imposing pokemon. His Togetic, aiming to impress, began to patrol around the opposite side of the tree from the Scizor, flapping her wings joyfully as she moved. Jack suppressed a chuckle before turning back toward Gunner.[break][break]

Jack assessed the way the man stayed alert even while sitting and admired the discipline Jack knew he didn't quite have. Rather than taking a seat Jack remained standing, keeping his eyes scanning where Gunner would have blind spots.[break][break]

"Been a Ranger for almost a couple years now. I took a bit of a break to go back to Galar and search for my family during the Meteno incident, but I'm happy to be back in Hoenn again," he said, shifting uneasily from foot to foot at the mention of his family. Trying to shift the subject back to the question, he added, "I got promoted a few months ago for my service. Feels weird, since I try to avoid the spotlight but I'm happy to keep helping people and pokemon."[break][break]

"What about you? You one of those career government guys?" Jack asked curiously as he glanced around again, caught between the weird familiarity of having battled beside Gunner but the awkwardness of the first real conversation with a stranger.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 14:43:44 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner nodded absently as he listened to Jack's explanation, though he frowned and glanced up at the mention of family in Galar. His thoughts flashed to the news articles about the sudden attack by the terrifying abomination called Necrozma. [break][break]

For a second, his blood chilled. Then he realized that if Jack was back in Hoenn, his family must have been safe. Still, it didn't hurt to confirm it. [break][break]

"Congratulations on your promotion. Based on what I saw at the Silent Icelands, it was well-deserved," Gunner said first, focusing on the positive before shifting back to the more delicate topic. "I'm glad you were able to take a break to search for your family, though. Are they still in Galar, or did they come back to Hoenn with you?" [break][break]

When Jack turned the questions back onto Gunner, the agent regarded the Dyna Tree again. At its top, Calyrex rested. [break][break]

"I guess I am. I was originally hired by the Department of Defense to be a foreign affairs analyst, but after the Kanto War, I was scouted into the HBIC. It's been about seven years since." [break][break]

Gunner watched as a trio of Pokémon—a Pansear, Pansage, and Panpour—bounded toward the perimeter of the courtyard where the Dyna Tree had rooted itself. They whispered and snickered among themselves in their language. Suspicious, Hector watched them with the focus of a laser.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 1:31:51 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

"Thanks," Jack said proudly, a rosy blush warming his cheeks at the man's praise. While he and Gunner barely knew each other in this timeline, it meant a lot to him that the man he suffered through the horror of Mount Pyre with thought highly of his performance on the battle field.[break][break]

His warmth quickly cooled when Gunner asked about his family. Jack should have anticipated the question but he was still unprepared. "Ah, no. My parents are missing and presumed dead," he said, keeping his tone even and professional. When Gunner's attention shifted, Jack was thankful for the distraction as he followed the other man's attention to the three pokemon that had appeared nearby.[break][break]

In contrast to the Scizor's focused suspicion, Jack's Togekiss made a sound that was unmistakably a warning as the energies of her safeguard spread around Hector.[break][break]

"You better listen to her. The tree's off limits to visitors," Jack chided the pokemon gently but firmly.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 15:28:16 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner immediately sobered. "I'm sorry." [break][break]

He focused on the approaching trio of Pokémon, grateful to leave such a sensitive topic behind. At Jack's firm but gentle warning, the monkeys started to back off… [break][break]

…then darted past the Scizor and Togekiss! The Pansear even used FLING to throw a rock from the ground at the nearer of the two sentinels. It smacked Hector in the face, sending him reeling. [break][break]

Gunner sighed. "What a nuisance." [break][break]

Yet he remained seated, partly because his back was starting to ache again, and partly because he trusted that his Scizor and Jack's Togekiss could handle three small monkeys.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 23:16:44 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

The sigh escaped from him involuntarily as the troublemaking monkey pokemon rushed forward past the reeling Scizor. "What assholes," Jack huffed indignantly. As a Ranger he had patience for wild pokemon and their behavior but these monkeys simply seemed to be up to no good.[break][break]

As the Pansage began climbing the tree, Jack glanced askance at the bench where Gunner remained seated. He admired the man's cool confidence, but the feeling that there was something else bothering the agent still lurked at the back of his mind. Jack stepped forward, giving the command for Togekiss to attack while Hector was recovering.[break][break]

Jack's hair ruffled in the wake of his pokemon's air slash as the blade of wind knocked the Pansage from the trunk of the Dyna Tree and sent it flying.

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:47:03 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

While Jack's Togekiss targeted the Pansear, Gunner's Scizor recovered from the attack. He retaliated with NIGHT SLASH, smacking the Pansear on the head and sending it tumbling back to the ground. [break][break]

All Hector had to do next was glower furiously at the remaining Panpour, who decided it was not going to risk a thrashing for a Dyna Tree fruit. It scrambled down the trunk, grabbed its friends, and hauled them away from the tree's guardians. [break][break]

Gunner shook his head, chuckling. "I guess wild Pokémon don't know any better. If the fruit's right there for the taking, they must think it's free, easy food. I fear the shift is just going to be more of this." [break][break]

He allowed himself to relax a little on the bench, though its stiff frame did little to ease his discomfort.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 21:57:29 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

"I get the sense that those three knew better after Togekiss and Hector warned them off. That fruit must be really tempting for them to try anyway," Jack said, some annoyance at the monkey pokemon lingering in his voice.[break][break]

"You're right though, there've been some Wingulls circling for a bit now. Probably waiting for their shot now that they saw someone else go for it," Jack shook his head as he eyed Gunner shifting on the bench. The concern that had been nagging him since his arrival finally pushed its way past Jack's Galarian politeness and he found himself opening his mouth before even thinking about it.[break][break]

"If something is bothering you, I can take a look at it with Togekiss. If we can do something about it, I'd rather deal with it now," Jack blurted. "You look like a Sudowoodo with how stiff you've been all day."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 22:05:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner's cheeks flushed, embarrassed at being caught. He thought he'd been hiding his pain well, but Jack had seen right through his stoic façade. [break][break]

"I'm fine," he lied. Then he relented, adding, "There's not much Pokémon healing can do for me right now. I'm just in the long and frustrating stage of recovery after an injury." [break][break]

He sighed. After that admission, he might as well explain. [break][break]

"After you split off to look for other survivors at the tail end of the battle against Kyurem, I was hit in the back by a Rocket's Pokémon. I didn't know what it was at the time, but my coworkers told me later it was a HYPER BEAM." [break][break]

"Technically, I'm still on paid leave, but I didn't think an assignment like this would be that taxing." His shoulders heaved up and down in a shrug. "I didn't realize how demanding standing or even sitting would be on my body." [break][break]

Gunner kept his gaze on the tree. Now that he'd said it out loud, his insistence on working—without a cane or other assistance, too—seemed silly. Perhaps he was simply too proud to admit he wasn't well and whole.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
awards
581 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 22:41:07 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar
[nospaces]

Jack grunted sympathetically as he listened to Gunner's story. "Sorry that I wasn't there to help," he said sincerely. Jack knew that he wasn't at fault, but Gunner being injured on the battlefield again couldn't help but remind Jack of his failure to help the man on Mount Pyre as well.[break][break]

"I wish there was more I could do, but it sounds like you're already well beyond anything Togekiss or I could do. Make yourself comfortable and I'll take the lead defending the Dyna Tree, especially seeing as how you're supposed to be on leave," Jack's chiding was kind but serious.[break][break]

Glancing toward the flock of Wingull wheeling overhead, Jack signaled for Togekiss to patrol overhead. Turning his attention back to Gunner, Jack's tone turned vicious, "If you figure out which Rocket hit you, let me know. I'll add them to my list of things to take care of."

[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
REACQUAINTANCE [M]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2024 3:34:09 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: