Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 6:26:30 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He felt cold.

This never happened. He hadn't felt cold in a month, since he had gradually acclimated to the freezing cold of Regice. Even on the battlefield with Kyurem, his blood had run hot and fast, a gushing river of fervor that had seen him through the battle.

Yet now that the battle was over, he felt empty. He felt cold. He felt alone.

That wasn't the case, though. The corpse of kept him company. The only comrades Howard had in this moment was snow and ghosts and failure and despair. What had happened on that battlefield? Where had it all went wrong?

When Illeana Reyes had ascended to Avatar. When Penelope Livy had redirected his shot. His shot. His shot. That was where it all went awry. It was their fault. Their fault. Shred had crawled back to life, but he had collapsed yet again.

Gone.

Howard had killed Shred Zeppelin. He was supposed to feel sad, but he didn't feel a thing. It was like he had been emotionally castrated. There was nothing to feel there. Only the cold.

"Why...?" Howard looked up at the floating sprite that had whisked him and Shred away from Chi-yu, Palkia, and several League trainers. "Why...? You should've let me die."

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 7:11:34 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
all things beautiful will one day shine

[attr=class,bulk]
They are a strange one, the little pixie that accompanies the ragged duo. Their eyes wander across the strange landscape, their cooing drowned out by the roaring waterfall. It's a miracle that they should hear the voice of a broken man, twin tails twisting, braiding and unravelling as they tilt their gaze down towards him.[break][break]

For a moment, they are silent, still as the earth beneath them. Then they dip their gaze towards the fallen one, shutting their eyes for a brief moment before opening them once more.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #474747; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/nkKYrRJ.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 7:54:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
One mortal eye meets two two divine ones. It is the meeting of man and myth, mortal and immortal, the faulty and the faultless.

"Mesprit." His voice was barely a rasp. He was shivering, yet he couldn't feel his right hand. Frostbite, most likely. Overexposure to Regice and Kyurem's freezing power. These were Pokemon capable of terraforming the world, and Howard had been exposed to two sources of awe-inspiring power.

Compared to them, Mesprit was hardly a child. Yet the Rocket Admin bowed before it. His teeth chattered and he shivered.

"You have to save him. Please! Save him! He's dying..." Howard ignored his own pain. He looked up at Mesprit, then towards Shred. His good eye wept, but it wept frost. "Please! Bring him back! Bring him back!"

First, cold. Now, guilt. It was all his fault.

"I read about you as a kid. A being of emotion, right? Use that! Save him!"

Yet emotions were not physical.

@mesprit
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 9:30:26 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
It is a heavy duty, to be entrusted with a will. The simple wish of a child that would be made complex by the workings of this broken world.[break][break]

As a being of emotions, Mesprit does not possess power over the domain of life and death. And thus the plea, as desperate and earnest as it may be, falls upon deaf ears.[break][break]

All that they are capable of is understanding. Understanding that which plagues the heart. And in silence, enduring their powerlessness in such mortal affairs.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #ff5c74;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #474747; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/nkKYrRJ.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 8, 2024 10:08:26 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Hey..." Howard blinked, incapable of comprehending the expression of the divine. "You can fix it. You can fix it. Fix him! FIX HIM!"

Yet there was naught to be done. This form of divinity could not cradle the flame of mortality. It could not be salvaged by a god, but only by the hand of humanity. The fruits of humanity's wisdom would have to do what Mesprit could not. The being of emotion could not save a single man.

That broke Howard Slayte.

Yet before he could collapse, Mesprit pulled him together again.

Mesprit understood.

"Ahhhhh———" Howard let out a gagging cackle and choke. He screamed and wept and raged and hated. He felt nothing but the most intense of emotions. He couldn't comprehend Shred's life slipping through his fingers. Gone, disappearing into mist.

Then, he breathed. A raspy breath, but a breath nonetheless.

He was alive, even if Mesprit had done nothing. He was alive. Shred Zeppelin was alive.

"I enabled him. He's dying because of me." Howard looked up at Mesprit. "It should've been me. You understand, right? You get it."

He scampered forward.

"So why wasn't it me!? Why are you here? Who sent you?"

@mesprit
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2024 0:25:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
Shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, testing, acceptance. It is said that one goes through these stages of grief when faced with loss. And yet, the flow of emotions is never a river. It is a storm.[break][break]

Turbulent as his journey is, Mesprit bears witness to it all. Endures as he screams in both heart and soul. Listens as he hurls angered question after question at them.[break][break]

Please...[break][break]

Their eyes close once more, a soft inhale followed by an exhale. In an instant, the air grows heavy. What once was unbridled rage might find itself poisoned with mounting dread.[break][break]

What they do, they do it at her behest, but they need not endure such disrespect.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2024 5:53:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Disrespect?

Please.

Howard did not worship Legendaries. He was an archaeologist, born of a desire to know and understand the world around him. To him, they were artifacts. Rare and valuable artifacts that held the fundamental knowledge of the world. Mesprit was more than that, though. It felt, it understood, and it raged.

It was here for her, not for him.

"You won't tell me?" Howard exhaled, swaying slightly. His body was covered in ice. If Mesprit didn't want to tell him, what was he to do but accept that? It could end his life in a moment. Yet he loathed to accept that. To fall down and stumble.

Yet he had said, once, that he'd become a corpse for those to step over. The dread was mounting.

"Fine." Howard blinked, standing strong. Yet even now, his courage was whimpering. He lowered his head in subservience. "What... can you tell me?"

Something useful. Anything useful. Could it even talk? A being of emotion should've been capable of communication.

@mesprit
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 15:19:15 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
Putting up a facade means nothing before a creature that can peer into one's heart. There is no satisfaction to be gained from cowing a person, but there is a need for a lull in rising emotions for reason to breath.[break][break]

Home.
[break]

A voice whispers in the head, eyes remain unopened even when they point to the still body.[break][break]

Safe.

Help.

Promise.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2024 20:16:22 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Four words. That was all the divine offered to the mortal, with his frail body and broken spirit.

Yet it was enough. He needed little more than a simple reassurance. If his friend was alive, he was content. That was all he wished for, for the desperate hope that their desperate charge against Palkia had left them with something.

More than nothing, at least.

"I'm speaking to a deity." He chuckled, emotions lulling. Not an artifact like Regice, but something from mythology. "I'd laugh harder if it didn't hurt to breathe."

His eye returned to gaze upon the sprite. He nodded.

"I don't understand, but thank you, being of emotion. Thank you, and good day." Of course a being of emotion could bring his rising excitement down to a lull, and yet he was fine with that. Shred was alive. "Sootopolis? Can you take him there?"

@mesprit
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,235 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 15:25:17 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
Follow the spark

[attr=class,lyric2]
Hear the heart

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
Geographically, Sootopolis is far from here. And yet, it is not so in their mind. Crushed seashells scattered across rocky beach, little alleyways left neglected when Rattatas no longer have to hide in the shadows. Dissonant minds gathered under a singular banner, salt rubbed into open wounds and left to fester.[break][break]

An island of stranded souls and misfits. A place that once made her smile without anything clouding her gaze.[break][break]

With a nod, the pixie turns their palm upwards.

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged

template by punki

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,170 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2024 23:11:28 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Sootopolis was an island of sinners and fiends, people who had proclaimed themselves above the laws of others. It was an island that had been given freely by its citizens, and was now ruled unjustly. Those who occupied it were killers, thieves, and demons.

It was an island of humans.

Yes, that was where Howard intended to return to. He could've gone anywhere in the world. Kalos. Unova. Sinnoh. He could've taken Shred with him and the two would've been free from this battle for Hoenn. Howard's hand halted as it reached for Mesprit's as he seriously considered it.

A second passed, then two.

He took the sprite's hand, wondering who had sent this blessing. He would find them and thank them. Whoever had Mesprit had done this freely, and had done it for him and Shred.

He would find them. He would.

He teleported away.

@mesprit
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
I Lied, Once [M]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2024 5:45:09 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven