pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 2:50:20 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Thank you for meeting me in my office."[break][break]

The steam from the baths rose up around them. Water splattered on tile around a corner, someone further away humming to themselves. A headache inducing mix of fruity and woody scents from different soaps and shampoos clogged the air. This room was more similar to a spa, a large, shallow pool of water in the middle of the room with indents for people to soak. Somehow, even this feature for relaxation looked clinical and stiff like much the rest of the sub.[break][break]

Tempest was leaning on a crutch, legs wrapped up tight in bandages. His left arm was also mummified, which made the clipboard gripped tight in the exposed fingers slightly silly to look at.[break][break]

Even hurt, Temp gave a toothy grin.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 mission

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2024 6:39:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Office?" Howard looked around the steaming bathroom. "If you don't think the chairs in my office are comfortable, you could've just said so."

Howard rarely used these bathrooms since he only came to headquarters for work, but it looked far cleaner than it had when 's Wo-Chien had set up shop in one of the pools. Even still, the faint smell of bleach wafted in his ears. To him, this bathroom would always smell of manual labor and snail goop.

Regice didn't seem to mind, though. It floated in a hot tub, beeping aimlessly. Miraculously, the water didn't seem to freeze over.

"You look like shit." Howard said casually, even though he also looked terrible. His body was still recovering from frostbite, and the admin looked one gust away from falling over. "You've got questions for me, Temp?"

He gestured towards the Regice, then towards Temp.

"Go ahead, fire."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 4:08:05 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Feel like shit, too!" Tempest sing-songed in answer. He just grinned and glanced at his clipboard.[break][break]

"Wanted the big ice-cube in the water, unless you wanna flood you office for this?" But it was just one of those non-answer jokes. Stretching his arm out, Tempest offered the clipboard to . It would have the usual questions with space for answers on the printed page. Tempest's blocky handwriting, currently extra messy due to his circumstances, had 'Howard' and 'Regice' at the top.[break][break]

But Howard would notice some problems with the questions just from looking at them.[break][break]

"A lot of these only apply to Avatars, so I'm not sure what to ask. We're winging it."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 mission

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 5:13:33 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The thought of Howard's office flooding drained what little color remained of the admin's face. He stammered for a moment as he imagined the damages.

He spent a lot of money at Rocket's behest. You had to spend money to make money, he had learned the hard way. You spent money on a college degree in the expectation that you'd receive a high paying job in exchange. During his travels, he had come across many valuables sitting unloved in pawn shops and at auction.

History should be valued by those who could learn from it. Since Howard could learn the most, he bought up everything he could find.

That methodology had ultimately led him to the greatest treasure of all: Regice.

"Temp..." Howard's eye flicked up as he read the clipboard. "It's as you say. I'm not an Avatar. I'm just a historian."

Regice floated aimlessly in the hot tub. Howard turned to glimpse at it, before turning back towards Temp. It was insane to think that Regice would ever bond with Howard. It was just a golem built by his and Temp's ancestors, in an attempt to defend the world from Eternatus. It did not need to form a partnership with Howard to fulfill that objective.

It was just an artifact; his greatest treasure.

"Do these Avatarships really change people? How'd it affect Cillian?" Howard said as he peered at the clipboard sheepishly.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 7:13:01 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest motioned to the clipboard again as if in some sort of answer. Pages and pages of detailed notes; only some of 's page blacked out with thick marker. A favoritism that couldn't be escaped or unnoticed.[break][break]

"It still have Infinity Energy, so some stuff might effect you even if you don't have a bond. It doesn't hurt to be safe." A shrug. brings up Tempest's favorite subject then: Cillian. He frowns some, mulling over what would be appropriate to mention.[break][break]

In the end, it's with a glance toward Regice and then back at his friend that decides it. A warning was needed. His disdane of Legendary pokemon would win out. Temp would just need to be careful.[break][break]

"I knew him before Lugia. He was less reckless. Less angry. Cil is still Cil, but I can see how she's changed him. I think if she were more malicious, she could just force him to do what she wanted." Which, Lugia kind of could do that... just it was with less 'control the body' and more 'force her will'.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 mission

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 8:06:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Infinity Energy and Dynergy. In that, it's unique."

The only other Pokemon that Howard could think of that was similar was Eternatus itself. Having a Pokémon with such a connection to Eternatus was vile, but Regice and the other golems were all made from its ribs. He didn't know what the 'rib' entailed, but he was looking into it. He was getting close.

"I see..." Howard looked worried for a moment. He bit his lip and grimaced in obvious discomfort. "I don't want to change, Temp. I'd rather be human. I'm a historian. If some inhuman monster is what chronicles our history, it's no longer ours. It's theirs."

History. His story. When would it become theirstory, instead?

His face doesn't change when Temp explains his husband's change in demeanor. Was that the change brought on by Lugia, or was that the weight of Rocket causing his shoulders to sag? Where did Lugia end and where did Rocket begin?

"I see." He peered back at the clipboard and looked up. "Sometimes when Regice uses its power, its ice creeps across my body. Sometimes I hear things that aren't there. I think that's from Dynergy, though?"

Dynergy was an eternal drug that kept giving. Delusions were quite the chalice to sup from. 

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 23:16:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Then you should avoid a deeper bond. Those things change you. I've seen it happen with more than just Cil. Legendary pokemon are dangerous." It wasn't any wonder that Arceus wanted to come down and destroy them, or even the DRK Triad. Not that Tempest respected Arceus any more than any other Legendary pokemon. He also still fucking hated those shady Triad bastards.[break][break]

He frowns some and cocks his head to the side as speaks. Brows furrowing, he rattles this new information around in his brain for a bit. It's not something he has any answers for.[break][break]

"If could be either one. Each person whose grown close with Infinity Energy has experienced it differently. I think the most important thing is if it hurts you or not. When you get coated in ice, does it hurt? Do the voices make you ache? What do they say?"

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 3:20:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It's an artifact. It has no feelings, only duty. It's not subject to the fickleness that plagues Lugia. It has a single objective, and it will fulfill it."

Love was the death of duty. If Regice grew to care about anything, its objective to defend Hoenn from Eternatus would be compromised. Hoenn would lose to the emotional connection known as love.

Too many empires and lives had been lost over millennia to people shirking their duties for personal whims. That was to be expected. To love to was to be alive, to be human, to be living. Regice did not live. It was a construct born to defend the region. It could not love. It loved nothing.

"Of course it hurts." Howard looked at Temp like the beast was delusional. "Is it not supposed to?"

He figured that Avatars of ice-types likely had to be immune to the cold, lest they die of frostbite. He was getting used to it, but that didn't feel like a special power. More like he was simply acclimating.

"As for the voices... they whisper too quickly for me to process them. I'd chalk it up to Dynergy exposure, like from the Deep Sea."

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 19:04:22 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Tempest glanced over at the relaxing Regice and frowned at 's words. Was it just an artifact? He admitted he didn't know very much about it outside of his own legends and of reports. Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza were also something like golems in his culture... but they still had thoughts and feelings. He didn't think that Mother or Her Sisters would create something that couldn't feel.[break][break]

It wasn't on him to press that issue, though. It wasn't why he was here.[break][break]

"It doesn't if they're bonded to you. I experienced Lugia's Bond for a really short period of time.... like maybe a few minutes. It hurt. I could feel all the energy in my chest, like it was burning me from the inside out. It was like my brain was a square peg being forced into a round hole. When I asked Cil about it, he said he had never felt any of that. I think the bond kind of, like, form fits itself to the person. So it shouldn't hurt you if you had something like that." Was rattled off quick, a few papers flipped through as he did.[break][break]

"Would you be okay getting a few medical tests for me later? Nothing super invasive. Just a cancer screening, a blood screening, and something to test your iron levels."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 notes

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 9:40:06 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Cancer?" Howard stared at him. "I can get cancer from this shit? Do Avatars get cancer?"

His eye flicked from Temp to Regice innocently floating in a nearby hot tub, beeping contently. It seemed remarkably innocent for a golem that had tried to kill both Rocket and League at the Island Cave. To the senior Rocket members, such actions and changes in behavior were considered normal.

Howard considered them neurotic. Most Legendary Pokémon acted like children flitting from one act of violence to the next when you got down to it.

"I'll take the tests, of course." Howard shook his head once and grunted. "I'd rather not die because of energies I'd need an extra four degrees to comprehend. How many Avatars have died in the past, Temp?"

It was an ominous question to ask. He knew that Bailey Cooper had died a few years ago, but was that related to Avatarship or from the weight of Top Champion? Howard didn't know, but he didn't want to die for some senseless power.

There was too much on the line.

"My relationship...?" Howard peered at the clipboard.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 2:15:16 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"It's unclear. The League isn't willing to share their Avatar data with me, and most of Rocket's are so secretive you couldn't pry their favorite color out of them under threat of torture. It's made this all very frustrating. But I know something fuckey is going on with their bodies, even if they can't feel it."[break][break]

At least he had a few open books, like . That made this process a bit easier from an outsider's perspective.[break][break]

"More of them have died than seems normal. Lulu still seems okay, but I know she's mentally effected. Choi has one foot in the grave. Swartz and a few others just fucking... seemed to die out of nowhere. I know some League guys just kind of dropped dead, too, and then their Legendary would fuck right off. Then the Triad complicates shit, because which of them were assassinated and which were caused by Avatar related issues?"[break][break]

Tempest's face took on the look like he was sucking on a lemon, frustration building in his voice. Someone like would surely understand looking for answers and just hitting wall after wall.[break][break]

But he raised his pen and pushed the end of it against Howard's chest, tapping him lightly.[break][break]

"Something is happening to you, even if neither of us know what." Leading, his eyes slowly trailed over to the innocent looking pokemon floating away in the tub.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 this thread is just temp infodumping on howard

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2024 9:36:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I heard that the Top Champion kicked it back in the day when I was wandering the world." The admin sucked on his teeth as he called it. He had learned about it from a half-broken radio that had been in a desert trading post in Orre. "The one before . ."

Losing Hoenn's Top Champion had been a major tragedy. The League had lost one valuable piece on their board, and Rocket had gained a massive boon. The vacancy that death had provided had been quickly filled by Hoenn's finest, and even her legacy had been stripped away with holding her title.

Both sides forgot, but history remembered. The world remembered.

"That so?" Howard's eye widened as he suddenly began to pat himself down. He wasn't turning to ice or anything. If anything, he seemed to be fine. "Fuck, man."

Howard looked stumped. How did you react to the fact that you were changing, day by day, on a level that you couldn't comprehend?

"It's a construct!" Howard sputtered at Temp as he pointed at Regice. "It's a golem! We made it! Us! It's an artifact! How can it hold so much power?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 6:48:37 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Primal Intoxication. I don't know much about it; just what 's told me."[break][break]

Stepping away from , Tempest clicked on the floor as they made his way closer to the edge of the pool Regice was in. Leaning on his crutch, he watched the ice golem more closely than before. It didn't seem to be doing anything interesting, though.[break][break]

"I actually think that Regice could be a key in understanding it. It's full of Infinity Energy, but it's human made. How did it get so much? How did we do it? Where did the energy come from to start? Could we build another one? If we can answer even one of those, I think we can blow this wide open."

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2024 6:57:05 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That'd be nice, but the secrets to building it are lost, gone under the waves."

Howard's promotion after raiding the Island Cave was hardly mentioned. It had been an unceremonious promotion that had not attracted much attention. Only after allegedly defeating six of 's Pokémon in a battle to the death had the admin's name grown popular. The battle was a farce, but nobody needed to know that.

What people did know was that the admin's reaction to the loss of an entire city had been apocalyptical. His rage had been terrifying to behold.

"The League held the place before it went under, and they released a lot of intel to those translating the runes found in the cave. I'd know, I helped translate a big chunk of it." The admin snorted, flashbacking to the many sleepless nights spent translating the runes. "If we want the secrets for construction, we'll need another ruin."

Fat luck. Most of them were either buried or vacant.

"And Dynergy? What do we have on that?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,597 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
steamed ice bath
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 3:49:07 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Well, it's still there. Just under the water. Can't we dredge it and then dive?" It sounds more blase' than Tempest intends. But, his relationship with the ocean is a lot different than most people. There is no innate fear of drowning or the dark. The ocean was his Mother, and his Mother was his comfort in all her ways.[break][break]

Turning back to , Tempest tilted his head as he mulled over what little knowledge of this type of stuff he had. While he tended to know more than the average Hoennian about the ancient culture of the land, stuff outside of Hoyeon was pretty basic. Kindlers, Draconids, the Starlight Death Cult- just rudimentary stuff.[break][break]

"What if we used Regice to find another one? An untouched one." Would that even be possible? Hell if he knew.[break][break]

But, when Howard asks about Dynergy, Tempest just frowns and shrugs. Howard probably knew more about it than him at this point.

[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]