6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[EXCURSION][C/Andrea] The Search for Kora
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 2:56:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Area Zero, the very Area Zero Josh and had visited in the RKS Simulation and met Kora in, was a gold mine of power that could easily tip the scales of war toward the League or Team Rocket. Teams dove into the colossal Terastal Cavern around the clock. With the revelation of legendary Pokémon roaming the cave and the cliffs above, Avatars could be crowned by the droves. Paradox Pokémon also flooded the caves, including some that Josh was trying to become more familiar with.

Josh led to the waterfall masking the main entrance to the cavern, Raikiri shaking his fur dry after passing through its waters. Behind him were a Type: Null and an Iron Crown that seemed unusually placid. "Do you have any idea why Aleph and Sigmund act this way here specifically?" Josh asked the dragon master as his Zeraora carried him deeper inside. "When I took Sigmund to Mount Pyre, he sent a really painful neural spike up my brain." Could it be because this was the Iron Crown's "home"? There were too many unknown factors.

Those didn't matter, though; he had been tasked to document the caverns, perhaps bring up some Terastal crystals, and document any roaming legendary Pokémon. They had become friendly with one god in the caverns' depths last time; what other Pokémon could they make friends with?

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Sigmund         Iron Crown        Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good
Ao              Roaring Moon      Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2024 9:33:09 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
With her Sygna Suit, the draconic cosplayer Flew straight into the waterfall, which got her outfit all wet much to her dismay. "I didn't really think this through... Achoo!" She sneezed.

On the other side of the waterfall, an expansive cavern laid out before their eyes. The gleaming Terastal Crystals embeded on the ground and in the walls of the cave gave it an otherworldly feel. "Wow, there's so much to explore in here! They should've called this place Area Dozen instead!"

Chomper wrapped his wings around Andrea to warm her up, while the girl addressed Josh's question. "Maybe Aleph looks calm because he's waiting to pounce on some Paradox Pokémon. Type: Null are born hunters, after all." The young PokéManiac theorized.

h_mvdXeg
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 3:04:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh laughed at the dragon master's remark. "Heh, that's one way to put it. I think it's called Area Zero because this is where the Terastal crystals originate from. I don't think it truly was the meteor. Nothing like this could grow in a year and change. I'd be willing to bet a few thousand PD that these have been here the whole time." She was right, though; the place was colossal. Flying down to the very bottom of the cavern would be dangerous, though; there were so many Roaring Moon and Iron Jugulis around that going into open airspace would be a death wish. They could still take a shortcut or two, but staying out of the open would be important.

Josh stopped his Zeraora to let Chomper warm Andrea up sufficiently before continuing on. Clicking another Poké Ball, he let out his Shiny Pyroar to roam around them, even letting Andrea cuddle his warm fur if she was so inclined. He wouldn't be out of his Poké Ball any longer than need be to get her comfortable; keeping track of Sigmund and Aleph was enough. The pair of legendary Pokémon took the lead, bolting after a Sandy Shocks with the intent of double-teaming it in a bloodthirsty brawl.

39AIqHO0 Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 2}

·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2024 13:20:19 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"The origin of the Terastal Crystals?" That was an interesting theory. Not confirmed, of course, but it made one think. "You think that's why the meteorite tried to land on Hoenn? Was it trying to get back home?"

Food for thought for later. Right then and there, they had to deal with the many dangerous Paradox Pokémon lurking in the glimmering cave. One of them was a second Sandy Shocks that became an unlucky recipient of Chomper's Fire Fang.

"A Magneton that's shaped like a dragon... Could that be the missing link between future and past paradoxes?" Andrea pondered aloud, all the while cuddling Josh's Pyroar to stay warm.

u|8dZ_pv
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 4:11:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It made too much sense; the meteoroid impact event was what started the Terastal nightmare. Since then, the caves had radically expanded, culminating in this one that seemed to reach to the very depths of the earth. They were already thousands of feet beneath the surface. How deep did these caves go? How much would their Sygna Suits protect them from the temperatores and pressures potentially at the bottom of Area Zero?

The Sandy Shocks Josh spotted, after seeing its brethren chewed apart thanks to Chomper's Fire Fang, turned tail. Aleph gave some chase, giving up when the unusual Pokémon ducked into a narrow space. "The sheer power behind these suits is incredible," the Gym Leader mused, the flow of Infinity Energy widening from the Shiny lion's presence. "I wish I'd have brought Saber here. He can run as fast as a Raikou when our sync peaks." Such was the power of knowing multiple speed-focused moves; the duo could use them simultaneously to give even the Beast of Thunder stiff competition.

Aslan appreciated the affection, a purr from his powerful lungs perhaps tickling Andrea. "There's still so much we don't know about them," Josh joined her in thought. "Where they come from, what their capabilities are... it's just so much. Especially Sigmund and Tyrfing." The electric thrusters on the Terrakion-like Pokémon's hooves were the secret to its incredible propulsion. He could not wait to strap a saddle to each of the robotic Pokémon and zip across the land. With so many legendary Pokémon out and about, his special Gym Challenge, fueled by Braver the teleporting Arcanine, as well as the ghosts above Mount Pyre, would likely get a lot busier!

0EgyoRDF Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 3}

·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2024 9:47:58 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When Josh brought up the power of Sygna Suits, the draconic cosplayer chuckled. "Heh. I know, right? I can do this now... RAWR~!" She let out a booming, reverberating roar that almost made her sound like a genuine dragon.

Empowered by her Dragon Cheer, Chomper delivered a critical Fire Fang between the Sandy Shocks' metallic joints, causing the strange creature to writhe in pain. The brutal Hydreigon finally released his prey, allowing it to flee with the rest of its kin.

With the danger gone, Andrea took a better look at the area up ahead, noticing a long, winding path leading into the cave's very depths. The terrain was smooth, and the path wide enough to traverse without fear of falling off course, but had a fair amount of twists and turns to keep people on their toes.

"Hey, that kinda looks like one of your racing tracks. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" The girl turned towards the Mauville Gym Leader with a shit-eating grin plastered on her face.

dXB_kDrz

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2024 13:08:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Since acquiring his suit, Josh had become much more attuned to Infinity Energy, noticing the surge from Chomper and Andrea as her voice echoed down the cavern. While most of the Pokémon turned tail, a few remained: the most aggressive ones. Little did they know how many would be attracted to the source of the noise. The dragon master's prized Hydreigon seemed to mow them down with FIRE FANGS without issue, but were too many to surround the green dragon, it could spell trouble.

With the area cleared, the placid paradox Pokémon returned to Josh's side, though not after a scuffle between Sigmund and Aleph broke out. A TACYHON CUTTER was quick to silence the Type: Null, who only remained standing because the Iron Crown held back.

As Andrea's grin grew, so did Josh's. "I didn't bring any of my Cyclizar, though," he replied, Raikiri's bolt-whiskers lighting up. "And Raikiri's speed is just so high. Do you even have a--"

A rumble from the Iron Boulder's artificial voicebox prompted Josh to dismount his Zeraora. "...Tyrfing?"

5xPNp67c Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 4}

·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2024 10:49:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Heh. Looks like Tyrfing wants you to ride him!" Andrea remarked with a small giggle. Knowing how obsessed Josh was with quadrupedal legendaries, he would never skip the chance to ride something that resembled their universe's Terrakion.

The eccentric trainer sent out a nearly identical-looking Iron Boulder of her own. "Terratron here should be a match for Tyrfing." She mused, walking up to the futuristic Paradox Pokémon, and patting its hard, metallic frame. "Will you let me ride you?"

The robotic behemoth's LED eyes flashed on and off. It then lowered its back with a mechanical whir, allowing the human girl to mount it. "I'll take that as a yes!" Andrea beamed.

a0Gb|a0K
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 8:55:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was nervous; his paranoia made him feel that this could have been a trap. Even so, Tyrfing was... unusually calm. The rock-type even crouched, as to gesture Josh to hop on. He rest his sides on the metallic creature's back, looking for a reaction before climbing on. The legendary-feeling Pokémon's body was so broad that the Gym Leader could not stretch his legs wide enough to properly straddle Tyrfing. For the first time, Andrea may have seen Josh looking... awkward while seated on a Pokémon's back, trying to find the best way to comfortably hold on.

"Why here, though?" Josh asked to no one in particular. "Is it because this is where Tyrfing came from? I've had no luck elsewhere. I know one thing, though; when I get him fitted, I'm going to need a saddle design that gives me more flexibility than just laying on his back."

Raikiri seemed eager to run, too. Before the riders of the two Iron Boulder could agree to take off at the same time, the Zeraora had already zipped down the smooth, winding trail leading to the bottom of Area Zero as they knew it. "Hey, don't take off without--" His words were no more as Tyrfing discharged a field of ELECTRIC TERRAIN around Josh, Andrea, and their two Iron Boulder. Tyrfing's QUARK DRIVE hummed, vibration similar to that of a powerful motor coursing through the Gym Leader. He gripped his steed tightly, expecting them to take off. As fast as Aleph could run, the poor Type: Null wouldn't stand a chance.

Little did he know he might have yet another legendary Pokémon he liked more than Raikou...

LEH3q91p Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 4}

·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 12:14:12 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"I kinda like this riding position. It lets you see things from the Pokémon's perspective." Remarked Andrea while laying on Terratron's back, holding onto the Iron Boulder's large horns. "You just need some kinda harness to make sure you don't fall off, and then you're good to go!"

Of course, a harness was not a luxury they could afford at the present time, so her only option as the mass-produced legendary started moving was to hold on for dear life. Powered up by the Electric Terrain, the robotic facsimile of one of the Swords of Justice, sped through the makeshift course with a Wild Charge, rocking the poor trainer that laid on its back.

"I-i-i-it's g-g-g-going s-s-s-so f-f-f-faaaaaaast!!"

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

Their impromptu race was interrupted by the echoing of a mysterious cry. "Whoa, stop! I said STOP!" Andrea forced her mechanical steed to a halt by pulling at its horns. After catching her breath, she rolled off its back, and inspected the area around them. "Did you hear that, Josh? It almost sounded... like Kora!"

While inspecting, the young PokéManiac found some peculiar footprints on the ground that looked rather fresh. "Huh. These don't look like Raikiri's feet. Could they be..." Her voice trailed off, not wanting to make that conjecture out loud for fear of being wrong. After all, they had yet to find conclusive evidence that Koraidon actually existed.

wGtG40ns

ROLL 2-10. (JOSH DEVLIN) - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below:

ROLL A 4, 14, 24, or 100. (JOSH DEVLIN) - Discover mysterious tracks or footprints.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 7:10:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh felt a psychic harness strap him to the rock-type's back, as though he was astride Janus. That was all the confirmation he needed: Sigmund and Tyrfing were psychic-types. Was the Pokémon known as Iron Leaves psychic-type, too? He would have to ask about it; if there was anyone that could tame such a Pokémon, it was her. She had one in her backyard, but it was so difficult to get time off together. Being a Gym Leader was a busy job, as was a Ranger Captain. Perhaps in the spring, they would get together and be merry at her Romping Grounds.

He couldn't think about that now, though; Tyrfing's charge was rapid and violent, rocking Josh not with the powerful, almost bucking-like strides of a WILD CHARGE, but with the speed of a QUICK ATTACK fueled by the QUARK DRIVE's electric thrusters. Had he worn his Sygna Suit, he could have seen just how fast the Iron Boulder was. Just by intuition, though, it was faster than Raikou. There were so many Pokémon out there with truly legendary speed now. First, Raikiri, then Kora, and now, Tyrfing. Was Raikou really that special anymore?

The strange cry caught Josh's ears, the Gym Leader also mentally wishing for Tyrfing to slow down. His metallic paws screeched against the cavern floor, creating four lines of sparks as the Sacred Sword pumped the brakes. He was quickly learning that as fast as the Iron Boulder was, the species was not good at coming to a stop.

A hump sent Josh and Tyrfing flying into the air, beyond a waterfall, and on top of the same large Terastal crystal where he had sighted Raikou during their last trip there. Until made it over there, her questions would go unanswered. In the meantime, Aleph would be distracted by a Flutter Mane, the phantom flashing a CONFUSE RAY as disorienting as a strobe light.

|cbbsNYM Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 5}

Aleph           Type: Null        Confu
·
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 10:47:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Josh!" The Sygna Suited girl cried out, before Flying down to where the Mauville Gym Leader and his steed had fallen. "Are you alright? Did you break anything?"

While waiting for her reckless friend to recuperate, the dragon maniac took a moment to survey the familiar area. She could no longer hear the mysterious cry. Whatever it was that had made those footprints, they seemed to have lost track of it.

"This is my fault. I shouldn't have suggested that we race." Andrea said, bowing apologetically.

She was suddenly overcome by an otherworldly sense of dread that caused her face to go pale. "I-I think we should head back home... We can mark this area and come back tomorrow."

PAO_2oef

ROLL ANY NUMBER WITH A 4. - Feel a sudden debilitating pang of fear.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 1:58:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was a little shaken up after the impact, but otherwise okay. "If Tyrfing wasn't a psychic Pokémon, I'd be a lot worse off. His speed is so overwhelming, just like Raikou's." As swift as Terratron was, there was just something uncanny about Josh's Pokémon being among the fastest of their kind. Though Tyrfing's back didn't flex as much as he remembered Raikou's doing, it was still just as rough and tumble of a ride. "Did you feel yours strap you on with its mind, too?" he asked Andrea.

Josh gave Tyrfing a tap on the neck, prompting the Iron Boulder to let him off. He gave the dragon master a pat on the shoulder if she allowed it. "It's something we'll both have to get used to. You and me. How about we do this again, but at my Racing Grounds after hours instead?" the Gym Leader proposed. "There's something special about these two. I want to try to keep them under wraps as much as I can for now." Tyrfing shot Josh a scowl before being recalled into his Poké Ball.

Josh withdrew the rest of his team before taking a seat on Ao's back, the Roaring Moon under his rider's perfect control. "We can go full speed on our Pokémon on land that's designed for it. You'll get the Raikou-riding experience... well, as close as we'll get." Even if Tyrfing was moody and uncooperative, there was always taking her atop Raikiri. That Zeraora was almost as fast as the Iron Boulder was. Plus, they would have more freedom to schedule at more conducive times of the day, as Raikiri was a known quantity.

ZIEiXplI Event roll

{PC: 6}

Aleph           Type: Null        Confu
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,676 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 10:02:42 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Now that you mention it, I did feel like I was tied to it in a way." Andrea mused, glancing back at her Iron Boulder. Part of her wondered how a machine with no brain could even have psychic powers. Could futuristic Paradox Pokémon be more sentient than people gave them credit for?

That was a mystery for another day, as was the search for Kora. Mildly shaken by the shoulder pat, the dragon enthusiast nodded at Josh's suggestion involving his very own racing grounds. "Sounds like a plan! If we can bring out their potential as Ride Pokémon, maybe people will be convinced that they shouldn't fear them!"

In the back of her mind, though, she knew that was wishful thinking. As long as the 'origin point' remained unresolved, their world would always look at those paradoxes as abominations that should not exist.

6_dy9WOR

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 1:06:31 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: