awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
surprise, you're dinner [az:e]
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2024 20:56:20 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Who knew that even out here, the reports of the DRK Triad would reach them?! Geez…

“They really can’t resist sticking their damned fingers into every single little thing, huh,” he grumbled with a sigh as he read the small piece of paper that had the information printed out on it in small font.

“Why are they out here, too?”

He let out a minute sigh.

Hopefully they wouldn’t encounter any of the bigwigs from that group, all things considered…

qhUWDIx|
total: 55

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 6:45:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar

By now, unfortunate rumors had spread of the DRK Triad setting up shop deep within Area Zero, no doubt in Josh's mind due to reports of legendary Pokémon showing up. It was his best lead to find Hoenn's missing Raikou. Responsibly, of course; he couldn't have another Eris incident on his hands.

"There's been... a lot of legendary Pokémon spotted out here, from what I gather," Josh answered, sitting on one himself. It was Hylda, an equine that the Composed was no doubt familiar with. Next to her was Josh's Type: Null, unusually placid. "That's why I brought all my rare Pokémon with me. We're going to need all the power we can get if one of them shows up." He wasn't lying, either; an almost intoxicating amount of Infinity Energy was radiating from his belt containing Raikiri, two legendary Pokémon, and three paradox Pokémon. There were pangs of redness on his skin as his body was subject to the energy fields wearing him down.

9YblQIVy Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Sigmund         Iron Crown        Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
Hylda           Glastrier         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Ao              Roaring Moon      Good
·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 7:08:11 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The moment his companion mentioned ‘legendary Pokémon’, he pinched the bridge of his nose.

Of course it was going to be that. Of fucking course.

“…typical of them,” he sighed, before looking over at his companion, who looked… rather flush. What was going on with him, anyway?

“Hey, have you noticed that your skin’s turning red… are you running an allergy, or something?” he asked the other; while his Lucario gave the other man a look of concern. Even from this distance, the energy emanating from the younger man was… overwhelming.

It wouldn’t take too long for Alpha to find something… sparkly on the ground. Hopefully it wasn’t a trap, as he brought back the Gimmighoul coin to where the two humans were talking.

“Hm? What is it?” he asked the Lucario, who then passed over the coin to him before resuming his position as rearguard.

“Hey… hey, Josh. Look at this,” he continued as he flashed the younger man the strange ‘coin’ his Pokémon had found.

FP3wSgbp
total: 210

• ROLL A 99. - Find a Gimmighoul coin or chest with or without the Pokemon. Receive a bonus 25 PD (once per thread). Indicate this in Mod Reqs.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 5:05:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had focused so much on the mission that he had failed to watch out for his own health. "It is?" He asked, looking down at his arms. While not solid red, there were a significant number of rashes on his exposed skin. "This is... concerning," he slowly added. "I need to check something. Be back shortly. And no peeking!" He hopped off Hylda's back, letting the Glastrier keep watch as he went a few feet down a cave offshoot. Undressing himself other than his undergarments, he took a look at what he could and gasped.

The rashes were all over his body.

By the time he returned fully dressed again and was ready to deliver his findings, had findings of his own. "I've never seen a coin like this," Josh added. "Might be worth taking this to a museum. If it's rare, you could get a real payday for it. Enough to afford to go on vacation again." It may not have been about the money, though; with Lars no longer being on AQUA, perhaps he got less PTO than he did before.

As he got back on his Glastrier, the other rare and powerful Pokémon on his squad following him, Josh asked Lars about the rashes. "I know you're not a medical expert, but have you ever seen rashes like these before? They're not just on exposed skin. I took my clothes off, and they're all over my chest and legs, too. I think they might be popping up over my whole body."

VHwkAft9 Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 2}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2024 19:11:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Why in the hell would I peek at you?! You think I’m that immature?!” he yelled after the other while hanging around the other Glastrier.

(Yeah, Hengroen still ran wild down at Shoal Cave; and wouldn’t go out of the danged place otherwise—Hoenn was just way too hot for someone of their constitution anyway!)

It wouldn’t take long before he was posed a question, and—

Before he could answer, there was a reverberation that echoed throughout the area where they were.

“Did. Did you hear that,” he hummed quietly as the same noise permeated through the space.

“There’s something out here…” he trailed off as the noise repeated exactly one more time… like a mating call?

“Huh. Anyway,” he continued as he mentally filed that noise to his list of ‘shit to investigate later’ before turning back to the situation at hand.

“Not in that number. Are you allergic to anything, by any chance?” he asked; hoping that the first-aid kit he’d packed along for this trip had enough antihistamines in them. It would suck if they had to turn back if his companion had touched some kind of poisonous… well, you know.

Precautions!

cnpG8bYl
total: 239

• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below (Jersh rolled an 8, so)
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2024 5:05:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I run into all kinds of people at the Gym," Josh half-joked, shivering at Lars' scathing remark. He couldn't bring himself to respond to the Avatar directly. Before he could say anything more, a loud cry echoed in the distance below. "...Kora?" he asked under his breath before shaking his head.

"I've heard that cry before. It's Kora from the RKS Simulation." Perhaps it was a different Koraidon, but the cry was distinct and one he would remember. The ancient form of Cyclizar was a Pokémon that tested his loyalty to Raikou, demonstrating speed greater than even the Johtonian god of speed could sustain. Perhaps once the species was discovered and merch was made of it, he would have to commission another Ride-On stuffie for another corner of his office. Koraidon and Raikou were both so amazing.

Lars' attention went back to Josh's condition. While the rashes were all over his body, they were concentrated in the midsection, and they felt... cold to the touch? "Might be from Hylda's cold; might not be fully adapted to her yet. She is a legendary Pokémon, after all." To save his strength, he withdrew his Glastrier and brought out his Iron Crown, who was also unusually mild-mannered. Resting his hands on the paradox Pokémon's back, Sigmund's digital eyes returned an only slightly antagonistic expression. It was a polite but firm rejection. "Still no, Sigmund?" He didn't dare try with Aleph, given how much the Type: Null normally lashed out...

IqnToZWh Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 3}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2024 21:19:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

First off—

“What… no, who is Kora,” he corrected himself once the other had made the wise choice to recall their Glastrier and swapped out for the mockery of the Sword of Justice that he was aware was accompanying .

“Oh. Those things,” he rumbled a few moments afterward. He hadn’t gone into any of the newer simulations that were available to them, mostly because they were either dodgy, suspicious, or just outright possibly a trap waiting to happen!

“D’you think you’ll need the anti-allergy cream? I brought some along in the first-aid kit I have with me,” he offered afterward.

Yikes. Was that how the reaction looked like if someone wasn’t tied—connected—to a legendary patron?

RGnrF2UK
total: 335

• that skin rash is concerning!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 2:21:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Kora is the Koraidon that and I befriended in the RKS Simulation," Josh clarified. "The cry I heard sounded exactly like him. He..." he trailed off, lost in thought. The experience he had within the simulation's bounds was unlike anything he had experienced before. When he was gripping the paradox Pokémon's steering bones, he felt invincible, shredding anything in his path with the dragon's air sacs spinning about fast enough to make whirlwinds on their own.

"I... might like him more than Raikou. If he's out there... I want to be his friend."

His words echoed loudly within Area Zero's confines, despite being softly spoken. The Master of Faster's loyalty to Raikou had been upon the premise of it being the fastest Pokémon on land. With how much Kora had left Raikiri in the dust, the Pokémon world had a new king of land speed. Whether it was Tyrfing or Kora, Josh might never know. One thing was certain if all his observations were correct: the Johtonian god of speed had been dethroned.

Shaking his head like he came out of a trance after hearing Lars' last question, Josh nodded. "It couldn't hurt." If he were to offer the cream, Josh would happily apply it himself before continuing. "Now I know for the future not to bring them all here at the same time."

Once Josh had applied the topical medicine, he clicked open a special Poké Ball painted yellow with black stripes, his Zeraora emerging from it. It was the one Pokémon he was familiar with enough to not be overwhelmed by high Infinity Energy doses. Once he was feeling well enough, he climbed atop the big cat, treading cautiously deeper. A tingling feeling shot down his spine as larger and larger crystals came into view. Almost like... he was being watched. Aleph, too, was on edge.

9Ne05B40 Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 4}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 15:15:07 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Josh,” he growled quietly once the tin of cream had been passed back to him as he returned it to his first-aid kit.

“What’d I tell you about actively chasing a legendary down? D’you want what happened to me, to happen to you? Is that something you’re prepared to live with for possibly the rest of your life?”

It wouldn’t take too long before the sound of… well, there it was again!

The melodious, yet antiquated melody, distorted and strange, rippling through the space.

“Don’t tell me whatever’s making that noise… it’s a mating call of some kind,” he continued, weirded out at the premise of legendary Pokémon being able to… produce.

(Well, there was one exceptional case, however that was neither here nor there…)

“Want to check it out?” he offered.

For some strange reason, he could feel the hairs on the back of his neck beginning to prickle; before he whipped his head around for a few moments just to check that they were being followed…

…strange.

TUHDZl9a
total: 356

• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below (using the 7 roll)
[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/MysteriousCry2.mp3[/player]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 23:56:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
His experience that day, deep in Shoal Cave, changed his perspective completely. Recalling what did to Shalin's home and how was completely off his rocker made Josh wary. "I thought I said this at the bottom of the cave. I don't wanna be Raikou's Avatar unless he forces it upon me. Look at before he became an Avatar. How long did he travel with Latios for? Long time."

The cry repeated itself again. "Kora... Kora's close," Josh slowly added. The paradox Pokémon's cry was alluring. Perhaps one day, he would be able to truly race Kyle with a Pokémon just as fast, if not faster than, his three Beasts. "Let's pick up the pace." With a light tap to Raikiri's sides, the Zeraora accelerated briefly, though not at a pace that would be uncomfortable for Aleph and one of the ex-Head Ranger's Pokémon to keep up with.

WVco9VNi Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 5}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 20:32:10 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You better not make that an obsessive behavior again, it almost destroyed you from the inside out,” he would warn as he then swapped out Alpha the Lucario for Ro the shining silver beast of a Metagross, who would then levitate via Magnet Rise and fold those massive legs on himself before he climbed aboard.

“Let’s go. Whatever’s making that sound… it’s either a mating call of some kind, or it might be summoning more of its kind,” he remarked afterward once they were on their way.

Still, though, the silence in the back of his head bothered him so much. But he would pay it no matter, because these things took time, apparently.

It wouldn’t take long for him to find trees that had been slashed at, the markings going deep into the trunk and almost snapping it into two.

QWKg6ueE
total: 427

• ROLL A NUMBER WITH A 3. - Encounter sword-like slashes on various rocks, trees, and more. (using the earlier 13 roll for this)

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 23:12:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's not a mistake I'm making twice," Josh replied. He had served his time... almost. With just a few hundred hours of community service left, he would soon have a lot more time on his hands. Time he could put into caring for his Gym Pokémon. After all, it took a lot of effort to give proper attention to... what was it now, somewhere between 100 and 150 Pokémon? "You don't have to worry about that. After seeing what Articuno put you through, I don't want to be an Avatar anymore.

As the two rounded a corner toward the very bottom of Area Zero as they knew it, an earthquake suddenly struck, Raikiri backtracking to a larger rock formation to brace against. A fall from such a height would almost certainly be lethal, and getting out of a cocoon saddle would take more time than Josh would have.

"That was..." Josh panted, "...a not insignificant tremor. But we have to keep going. Find out what those calls are from. If these earthquakes are caused by whatever made that call, then we'll be in some real trouble." What made things even more troublesome, unbeknownst to them, was a DRK presence...

0bqfxGZO Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 6}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 17:43:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He would grunt in the younger man’s direction.

“Good. Glad to see you’re focusing on other things now. Speaking of which… have you challenged Kyle yet?”

He knew the other had just as, if not more, badges than he did; however for personal reasons he was not going to take that assessment because he felt that he wasn’t ready. Plus wouldn’t it technically be cheating, all things considered, since he was already part of AQUA?

While he was on Ro’s back, he didn’t feel the tremors as much as his companion did; however Ro did alert him to other changes that were potentially waiting for them up ahead.

“An earthquake just happening out of the blue? Normally, I’d call ‘bullshit’ and carry on… but then again, this is Hoenn, so we have to be on our guard.”

And then, there it was again.

That feeling of being watched from the shadows. He turned to face a random direction, hissing quietly before returning his attention to his companion.

“Have you got the feeling that we’re being watched… ever since we arrived here? he would voice out his intrusive thoughts a few moments later.

yQo|bNCo
total: 565

• intrusive thoughts alert!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 1:51:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Don't get me wrong: I still love him," Josh replied with a nod. "Have you seen my office yet? Can't remember if we went up there after your race." Knowing the ex-Head Ranger, he probably would have pinched his nose upon seeing the giant Raikou stuffie in the corner, with felt reins on it. Though it was not commissioned (though it was an extremely limited quantity item, costing a small fortune), it sure seemed like it was.

They had reached the known bottom of the Terastal Cavern, Raikiri giving Josh quite a rise by shaking his fur clean of the pool of cool water he had landed in. "Easy, boy!" Josh yelped, tensing his hold on the reins.

Before he could answer Lars' question, though, a barrage of HIDDEN POWER sizzled toward them both. Sizzled was the best word to describe their travel, because every single projectile was Fire-type. It was as though their assailants knew that the fire-weak Lars was coming. Aleph also was on edge, his X-SCISSOR at the ready...

dA4chOGX Aleph obedience

Event roll

{PC: 7}

·
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 17:03:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Ro was faster at picking up the danger than he was; what with the sudden Telekinetic barrier that appeared around the two of them the moment the sizzling projectiles were approaching…

“Cazzo,” he would hiss, quickly reaching for one of several knives he kept on his person, concentrating on it a little and then watching as a casing of darker-colored ice bloomed around the blade.

“They’re here, aren’t they?!” he would exclaim, his eyes quickly darting around just to make sure they weren’t being tailed by more than one individual—it would be a whole load fucking worse if there were several, and he would have to protect the little Josh while they were out here!

avAL19Fv
total: 578

• paranoia alert!
• ROLL 2-10. - Hear the following cry echoing from somewhere deep below: