1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2024 17:08:54 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor frowned as he knelt down to what he thought were tracks. They weren't from any kind of pokemon that he recognized. Taking a picture of them with his Holowatch, and running them against the DexDatabase yielded no results. All he knew was that they seemed to belong to a species of Pokemon that had yet to be discovered. Zahak his Dragapult materialized from his shadow as if awaiting an order.

"Go scout around, if something is nearby report it back to me." The dragon slithered into the ground vanishing out of sight, and becoming immaterial once again as it carried out it's masters orders. Amor had help today as well, it was someone that he was at least somewhat familiar with. Though he had heard that she died, or defected? Of course he wasn't sure about it as the rumor mill always churned out new pieces of gossip. From the looks of it she had all of her limbs attached so he assumed she hadn't defected at the very least.

All he knew of the woman was that she was a strong combatant, and before he ascended to his current position she was considered one of the stronger Beasts in Rocket. Though if that was still the case he didn't know.

"Do you see any other trails?" Came the simple question to her.

6MT5bCl|
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
Going to hell cause it feels like heaven.
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2024 21:32:47 GMT
Alexandra Briarwood Avatar
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Lex stayed half a step behind Amor, peering over his shoulder as he swooned over the unknown tracks pressed in the firm terrain. Where he saw fascination (typical scientist), she saw a threat. The ex-beast sneered, her dark lips curling into something sharper than it should.

Lex watched the Dragapault slither away in shadow at their master’s behest. The Hisuian Zoroarak that stalked behind her looked for a command. She shook her head subtly, having the pokemon stay behind with them in case whatever made those footprints decided to pop out of the dense underbrush.

If there was a trail to find, Lex would have seen it. She's very observant like that, uncannily so. It came with the territory of her profession. She had to see things that weren’t there. Instead of looking around as prompted, she shoved one hand in the pocket of her leather jacket. The other tapped a pokeball on her waist expectantly, “You’re dead set on finding this thing, huh?” It seemed unavoidable. Stupid, but unavoidable.

zXrAYfyQ
Total:

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".lex"]--accent:#9b0c17; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote b, .lex blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".lex .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #9b0c17; [/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 0:35:11 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Of course I am...." He stated to her simply as he stopped examining the tracks, and turned to face her with an easy smile on his lips. "While I understand it might be boring to you, the prospect of finding, and obtaining something no one else has yet is novel to me." Though if she truly understood he didn't really know. Amor was many things, billionaire, scientist, collector, obsessed. "Besides I'm curious to see how strong the creatures that live in this new world are, they could be useful in shoring up our own power. With the League gaining yet another avatar, and a powerful one at that....It's only prudent we try to strengthen not only each individual, but the whole of Rocket as well." There was an obvious displeasure on his face at the fact that Rocket was once again on the the backfoot.

Whether that was true or not, it was his opinion that with the League gaining Palkia it felt like Rocket was at a massive disadvantage once again. Perhaps not as bad as when he first joined, but a disadvantage nonetheless. With a sigh he went back to searching for more tracks, but that is when his Dragapult returned to him, and made a motion to up ahead. Following his dragons directions he found another trail, more sets of tracks in front of them. This was becoming more promising, and he gave his Dragapult a pat on the head.

"Between the two of us I think we can handle whatever comes our way, don't you Ms. Briarwood?" He said to her with another pleasant smile before continuing onward. Perhaps he was treating this trip a bit to leisurely, but the fact that he had his ghost dragon hidden in his shadow scouting around, at least alluded to him taking this seriously.

1_BQw5ue
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 7:34:09 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Boring?” she returned his easy smile with one of her own, shaking her head softly to dismiss the notion, “This certainly isn’t boring,” she confirmed. It was quite the opposite, “I just have no interest in dying today, that’s all,” she admitted it with impressive apathy. She wanted to make one thing clear. She wasn’t delusional and wanted to assure he didn’t think she was as well, “If it’s me or you, I’ll be choosing me - just want to make that clear,” she expected the same from him. There was no need for a martyr amongst thieves.

She followed him, eventually agreeing with the posed question, “I’m sure we can,” her head tilted up while her eyes scanned him up and down. Her tone became uncharacteristically playful, “As long as you haven’t gotten soft in the lab,” she didn’t bother examining the foot prints, she didn’t care. This was his adventure.

Instead, she cracked open a pokeball, releasing a hellhound. The Houndoom snapped, snorting then inhaling deeply to activate its ODOR SLEUTH while inspecting the footprints in the rocky terrain.

|xxHQDXE
Total: 314

[newclass=".lex"]--accent:#9b0c17; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".lex blockquote b, .lex blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".lex .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #9b0c17; [/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.lex .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 21:01:28 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Well I have no interest in letting you die as it were...." For one reason or another, he didn't elaborate on that, and at her words of choosing herself over him he just chuckled, and smiled at her brilliantly. "I'd expect nothing less, besides if I can't protect myself I don't deserve my rank as far as I am concerned." Was all he said to her before following the tracks further. Her Houndoom was sniffing around now, and that would help them as well, quirking a brow at her alluding to him getting soft, and kept his back to her, but he shook his head.

"No, lab work has not kept me out of shape on that I assure you....I'm in top form as always." Though that would mean nothing to her as they had never seriously fought one another. Walter would reprimand him for showboating, so he rarely fought unless forced. "Though there has been a question nagging at me, you don't have to answer of course...." He let the words hang in the air giving her time to compose herself.

"Why did you leave....? As far as I know, you were one of the strongest within Rocket, perhaps outranked by only two others, and only because I've never seen you fight them....It strikes me as odd, and out of character for you to just leave with no warning like that, despite us not knowing each other well." It was true, Amor could tell that she wasn't a deserter in the normal sense of the word. Had she been sent on another mission elsewhere? "My only answer is that sent you on a mission elsewhere....Which I would have disagreed with him on, as we sorely needed your talents here. It has been...." He sighed a bit. "A mess to say less...." He laughed a bit.

GHemp59l
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 8:43:36 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Amor proved to be more chivalrous than she was, which was fine. That meant more protection for herself and less guilt if the inevitable time to choose came to pass. She laid out her cards plainly. If he chose to accept them, he signed his consent.

Amor’s drawn out question left Lex puzzled. Slowly, her brows knit together into a deep crease. A dark shadow crossed her glare, clearly unamused by the invasion of privacy. She’d keep it vague, she decided. If he wanted to believe Walsh sent her on an errand, sure, but she’d make it clear she didn’t appreciate the prying, “Hm, I thought you better than that, Amor,” her head tilted when she sneered, “You should know better than to stick your nose where it doesn’t belong,” the lingering threat could be interpreted that she held confidential information, or that she was just sincerely perturbed by the question. Regardless, he’s supposed to be a smart man. Anyone who knew even the most superficial details of her life knew she had an obsession with her fiance. He was her greatest strength, and her greatest weakness. Her disappearance shortly after the ex-admin’s was proof enough that she went after him. Didn’t take a Rocket Scientist to deduce that . . . or so she thought. What a disappointment.

6_1UpksS
Total: 361

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 9:26:53 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Ignorance was truly bliss, and perhaps that is what allowed him to not feel threatened despite the tone of her words. Part of him wanted to rise up to the challenge, with his increase in rank his nose belonged in many places now, and there was a moment of defiance in his eyes when he looked back at her. But it passed, and he smiled at her just as easily as he had before, Amor was no stranger to keeping secrets. In fact he could count on one hand how many people knew his goals, and there was only one person who knew the name of said goal.

"You're right...." He sighed a bit at those words. "My apologies for the question." Whether she viewed his apology as genuine or not, he wouldn't know, but he trudged forward. "Curiosity killed the Meowth, after all." He said, and looked around for more tracks.

For as smart as he was, he was equally as stupid sometimes, and this was one of those rare moments where it showed, but as long as she didn't murder him outright. He figured he had a chance to salvage whatever was left of their excursion. Though now he would have to tread carefully on what he asked her from this point forward, and so a silence would befall the pair of them. The Tera Crystals around them were growing thicker the further they explored this place, and he stopped to observe them for a moment.

"This doesn't seem right...." His brow furrowed as he studied the crystals around them, all of them were glowing faintly, it was hard to see with the sun out, but it was there. "They are giving something power...." Another frown crossed his lips as he looked around. Why did it feel like he had been lured into a trap....

rhJDTYVl (This is the Ariados, and Galvantula prompt, we can tackle it in our next posts!)
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 20:51:19 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Lex wasn’t a stranger to defiance. The same ember burned in her eyes perpetually. She welcomed a challenge because it gave her a violent opportunity. Whether she overcame it or was crushed by it, the thrill was still the same. Amor decided to let the defiance come and pass like a wave on the beach. Lex was both satisfied and disappointed. In the end, it probably wasn’t best to get on the bad side of Rocket’s Head Scientist. She might need him one day.

“Quite alright,” she smiled, slow steps sauntering her past Amor while her Houndoom sniffed furiously at the footprints to catch a scent, “It wouldn’t have killed you,” she continued, pausing momentarily to look up at him from behind the shade of her sweeping red bangs, “Just maimed,” it was her version of a light hearted joke to clear the air.

Lex let Amor swoon over the shimmering crystals (that was his department). She was just here as some extra muscle. She continued to follow the Houndoom a few steps past him to scout ahead.

0un79hQl
Total: 446

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 21:39:30 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Both of you, don't move....!" His voice was low, and while it might get him killed he started to reach out to grab her arm, but he stopped midway, and let his own fall to his side. Clenching his jaw as he looked down at the ground, and found himself stuck there for the moment. The webbing was extraordinarily thin, thin yet strong, and if it hadn't been for the glowing crystals he wouldn't have ever noticed it. "We are in a spiders nest....." He whispered to her, and he looked around at the cliffs that hovered on both sides of them, and he frowned. Now seeing the holes where they lay in wait for prey. At first it was Spinirak that were climbing out, just a few....Soon however Ariados followed them, and there was a small horde of the creatures coming towards them, but the strange thing was that they were all coated in a crystalline glow.

"They are drawing power from these crystals....." It was a unique glow, it wasn't like normal Terastalizing he could see that much from just a glance. However that didn't stop him from immediately summoning his Charizard, and letting it bellow flames towards the group of insects trying to close in on them. Amor was stuck, he had hoped that his warning go through to her fast enough so that she wouldn't wind up trapped like he was currently. "Just my luck...." He grimaced.

72YaYZmY
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2024 22:57:03 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The urgency in his voice stopped her in her tracks. The Houndoom paused when they felt Lex’s apprehension. A low growl rumbled through the throat as their eyes began scanning the surroundings.

“Great,” she growled from between her clenched teeth. Carefully, she shifted her weight to look back at Amor. He appears stuck in the sticky, but strong, webbing of the Spinarak. It was a good idea to avoid grabbing her, unless she asked. He was smarter than he seemed, after all.

The Houndoom joined the Charizard in blasting the nest with hellfire. The canine’s INFERNO rage across the sticky webs, shriveling them up to create a path of escape. Didn’t matter that they glowed, Lex recognized the urgent need to get out of there.

In a curious turn of events, she went against her warning and promise of self-preservation only a few minutes ago and chose to help Amor free himself of the sticky webbing. Lex crouched down and released an ARIADOS of her own. The little creature’s FURY SWIPES made quick work of its species’ webbing, freeing Amor’s feet, “This way!” she signaled, rushing to follow the Houndoom’s path. Hopefully it didn’t lead further into the nest.

v85bMOUi
Total: 613

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 21:34:09 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Part of him wished he had worn his armor so that he could have hidden the surprise on his face when she opted to help him. Amor didn't understand why she would renege on her earlier words, it wasn't like he would say anything, or take any action against her if she did. It didn't matter at the moment the moment the way was cleared he raced after her, his Charizard covering their backs with it's raging flames, while her Houndoom cleared the way ahead. Considering how little they actually operated together their teamwork was quite admirable. If this could be called teamwork that is.

If there were more traps in front of them they were quickly burned away, and looking around he didn't seen more exiting from the sides of the cliffs, but there were more curious tracks on the ground as they ran past. He barely noticed them, his Charizard let out one more ferocious jet of flame releasing several Fire Spins behind them to barricade the way, and grant them all some reprieve. Hopefully the bug pokemon would just give up, and go back to their nest, and leave them be.

Once they were far enough away, and the heat of the flames died away, only then would Amor slow his pace, and only if did first. No use in being saved only to be left in the dust.

"I suppose I owe you one then...." He clicked his tongue making a 'tch' noise, but it was at himself mostly. It was annoying that he had allowed himself to fall into such a trap, and need to be saved in the first place. If she weren't there he probably could have made due, but it would have been far messier. He let his guard down, and it could have cost him. "As long as it's not unreasonable of course...." Amor wasn't someone who liked to be indebted to others, but he wouldn't be ungrateful either.

qpNcLKhv
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 3:14:45 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Lex certainly shared Amor’s sentiment. Being in someone’s debt was more stressful than it was worth. At her core, Lex was a loyal woman with a twisted sense of honor so a debt ate at her more than she’d care to admit. Having a Rocket Scientist in her debt . . . that seemed like a good position to be in. If her thirst to quench her desires wasn’t so strong she may have just written it off and assured him he wasn’t. However, that wasn’t the case here. Instead, she smiled a salacious smile laced with devious intent, “I’ll be sure to collect,” her voice dipped low into a sultry tone before she turned slowly to continue leading them down a path and wound through the crystals like a maze.

Houndoom blazed the trail, nose to the ground to stay on the scent they picked up from the footprints they came across earlier. The arachnid that helped free Amor was sucked back into its pokeball. The ex-beast frowned, growing wary as the crystals started to curl overhead to form more of a cave than a path through the sparkling forest, "Stay close," she suggested, sparing a quick glance back at the scientist, “What is it exactly we’re looking for again?”

vXtcfLsx
Total: 673

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 13:37:18 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor was confused for a moment, but he didn't think to hard about it. He was being teased, and taunted nothing more, nothing less. All he could hope was that she wouldn't ask something unreasonable of him, but he would cross that bridge when he got there should it come to it. A crystalline forest stretched out in front of them, and he took a moment to drink it all in. Banishing all previous thoughts, he stayed a couple steps apart from her. No need to bump into her should she come to a sudden stop, his Charizard was still hovering behind him. Though he realized that he hadn't exactly told her what he was looking for.

"Ah my apologies for that...." He pulled out three folded pieces of paper, they contained sketches of the pokemon that he had seen in this place. A blue raptorlike pokemon, a red triceralike pokemon, and finally a yellow longneck pokemon. The sketches were the best he could throw together with the few glimpses he had managed to catch of them. "I'm looking for these....I would like a full set, but I'll settle for just one...." He explained to her not knowing how much she knew of the Paradoxmon.

"I think they will be particularly useful against certain individuals in the future, if they function like the other variants I have." He explained to her, but these three seemed far stronger than the other past variants he had in his arsenal.

XdsNqijr
close tab

played by

BD

Lex
She / Her
January 2
Goldenrod City
Bi
Thief
Ex-Rocket Beast
LET ME TASTE
your blood and tears
5'10'' height
5'10'' height
awards
1,177 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lex
Alexandra Briarwood
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 19:51:35 GMT
[attr="class","lex"]
[attr="class","top"]
 “Don’t apologize, it’s unbecoming of your station,” she tched, waving a hand as if to dismiss the apology all together. Powerful people didn’t apologize. Especially to people below their rank. And right now, Lex was certainly below his rank. If there’s one thing she learned as a Rocket Beast, it was to rule with a tight fist. Fear and respect kept people in line.

Lex only stopped briefly at the sound of crinkling paper. She half turned to look back at Amor and study the sketches. They were pretty good, actually. She hadn’t had the opportunity to run into any of the three pokemon yet, but she’s faced worse. Much worse. Or so she imagines.

“I think Houndoom is on this one’s scent,” she pointed towards the raptor-like pokemon. The wide, three toed footprints best matched its body shape, “Guess we should be ready to run into it at any point . . . or more than one if they hunt in packs,” her voice held a pitch that hinted towards the thrill of danger mixed with professionalism.

7SHhpICV
Total: 790

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Come, and Go (Excursion)
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 22:40:23 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

He frowned at her words, and he tilted his head confused. His station? Even though he technically was above many others in Rocket he didn't necessarily move that weight around, it was strange to hear someone tell him to do that.

"You're strange...." He said letting the words hang into the air. "Not in a bad way....Just usually people don't mind it when I'm polite." It was obvious he didn't quite know how to handle this, but he let the silence hang in the air not pushing it further. Mulling her words over, did his politeness give people the wrong impression? He knew that didn't like it when he fought fairly against enemies. At least just guessing from his Spectra review. didn't seem to mind his demeanor, or , and for that matter. Were they pretending?

Though the brief moment he was with his thoughts was soon interrupted as she pointed to the blue raptorlike pokemon, and he listened to her.

"If we found a pack of them I couldn't ask for anything better honestly....I would like a set of them at the very least. If they have the same ability as the other variants, I'd like to use them against a certain avatar." He explained to her with a smile, his own eyes alight with the promise of the coming venture, and battle against a powerful foe.

I15O4grN