Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Fit for a King [S]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2024 22:35:03 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_lyrics"]What the king dreams, the hand builds.
[attr="class","aurelie_body"]In the days after receiving the Calyrex's decree to forge a special saddle and shield, Aurelie pondered long and hard about her options. The request had come as a complete surprise, and for a long time, she had no idea what to think. Of course, if this Calyrex was on Rocket's side, then it was her duty as a Rocket to help it in any way she could.

But why did it want a shield? Or a saddle? And for the latter, why had it asked a blacksmith, of all people, to make one? Aurelie was no leatherworker and had only ever made simple sheaths for knives and tools. Why had the Calyrex wanted these things from her?

She'd asked it—which was already quite remarkable, encountering a Pokemon you could listen to and ask questions of. The Calyrex was forthcoming and flexible enough about measurements and materials, but it never shared the reasoning behind its requests.

Aurelie had returned home confused, pensive, but resolute. If it wanted a shield and saddle from her, then a shield and saddle it would receive, no matter why it wanted them. The smith had never had a customer or a commission quite like this before, and she was inspired and motivated by the challenge.

After a week's worth of researching and experimental forging, though, she decided she couldn't do this alone. She needed help.

Aurelie's first thought had been the people she'd lived with for twenty years in that dream-like medieval memory of Galar. would've been the perfect choice, as he was dear to her heart and had worked alongside her in the forge, but...there was no way she could ask him now. Cygne Bothwell had disappeared, and was League too and hopefully still unaware of her Rocket affiliations.

It had been on her mind to ask , who had been there too and even ridden a Spectrier about. Yet, Aurelie remembered well how much he'd despised his time in memory-Galar. Besides, she'd heard he was off on a quest to pursue the Galarian Moltres. Who knew where he was now?

So, instead, she reached out to , told him everything, requested his aid, and asked him to meet her at Rocket HQ. He too had been in memory-Galar and had a Spectrier, which she knew he rode with skill and grace. And...there were other things Jayden could provide, besides advice about saddle shapes and construction.

Now, Aurelie sat quietly and waited in the training room, leaning her cheek against one hand, deep in thought and surrounded by large, rectangular sheets of shining silvery metal alloys in subtly different shades and lusters. Is he coming? she wondered. Would he be willing to help?

[attr="class","aurelie_tag"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.aurelie]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag]text-align:center;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_tag a]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Fit for a King [S]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 5:00:21 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayp"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
born in blood, sworne in blood

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

how ironic it was that shortly after his meeting with , yet another from that forgotten memory would seek his aid. so much of the time spent back then was a blur, and one that he was content on forgetting, but it seemed as if fate had other things in mind. as if there was somebody somewhere intent on pulling him back to that dreamscape, forcing him to embrace the pain of memory, no matter what onslaught it brought.

[break][break] but he would never say no to a rocket, especially not one like who had always been in his trusted circle.

[break][break] even back then, when all lines had been blurred.

[break][break] "aurelie."

[break][break] coldness enters the room when the admin enters; at his heels is his god, who's viciously bright crystal-blue eyes pin the blacksmith where she stands. jayden's expression, in comparison, is much softer.

[break][break] "have you been waiting long?"

[break][break] his eyes glance towards the sheets of metal and imaginable lustre.

[break][break] "is this from the set that i sent you during christmas? or have you used those alloys already?"

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".jayp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #81697A; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/aa/0a/da/aa0ada3b5badd5db7fbe1ea164401a6d.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp b"]font: 500 14px/12px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp a"]font: bold 15px/12px 'Poppins'!important; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .postbox a"]font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'!important; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 30px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .pbottom"]height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".jayp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 28px;[/newclass][newclass=".jayp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".jayp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Fit for a King [S]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 18:04:22 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]By all rights, when Jayden walked into the training room and the temperature inside plummeted like a stone, Aurelie should have been quaking in her shoes with fear and dread. After all, he was one of Rocket's most formidable warriors and enforcers, as well as the avatar of a fearsome Ruinous Beast. Together or apart, they were a deadly force of nature that could massacre her in the blink of an eye.

Yet, even as she pulled on the sweater she'd mindfully brought beforehand, Aurelie felt warmed and pleased by his presence. After all, Jayden had showered her with praise, patronage, and gifts. He'd saved her life in the depths of Area Zero, wreaking bloodshed and mayhem on the DRK Triad agents.

And he was here to help her, simply because she'd asked, even though he only vaguely knew why she needed him. Who wouldn't find that at least a little heartwarming?

The red-haired smith did shiver as his Legendary patron's piercing gaze filled her with the visceral terror of a prey animal being eyed by a powerful carnivore. Aurelie gulped hard and forced herself to look back at Jayden. She hurried forward to welcome him, reaching out to clasp his hands in hers.

"Admin Cross! Thank you so much for coming! I'm so glad you're here," she exclaimed in a cheerful rush of words. "And no, I haven't been waiting long. I got here early to set everything up, but you're right on time."

She nodded emphatically when he asked whether the sheets of metal had come from his Christmas gift. "Yes, absolutely! Some of these were definitely yours. I can't begin to thank you enough for them, even now.

"A lot of those alloys were unique and rare enough—at least, by my standards—that I wanted to save them for something truly special,"
Aurelie explained. "And, well, I think this qualifies, right?"

At this point, the red-haired smith cleared her throat and lifted her chin, rubbing her hands briskly to signal she wanted to announce something. Or perhaps just to hide her nerves. "So, what I was thinking, Admin, is that first, I'd like to consult with you on saddles. Saddle design, shapes, materials, accessories, all of that. I know you ride, and I don't really, so..."

Her lips curled into a self-deprecating smile, as she continued. "And after we're done with that, I'd, um. Well. I'd like to borrow both you and your patron." Aurelie nodded at Chien Pao. "You remember, of course, how your patron's blades were enough to damage even the Zamazenta's shield, in front of the Ancient Tomb."

And I can't even imagine what he's done with them since, she reflected. Or what it was like when they first bonded. Somehow, I don't think it happened with hugs and candy.

"Now, I know these metals around here," Aurelie went on, waving her hand at the assorted sheets, "aren't up to Zamazenta's shield. But I wanted to see how well they hold up to you and your patron's attacks, all the same. Even if it means they all end up full of rips and holes."

Taking a deep breath, she looked uncertainly up at Jayden's face, seeking to read his expression for signs of either agreement or disapproval. "Does that sound good to you, sir?"

[newclass=.aurelie img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_lyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.aurelie_body]width:420px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:14px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;color:#aaa;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,144 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
Fit for a King [S]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:27:31 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jayp"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
born in blood, sworne in blood

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

he shook his head.

[break][break] "there's no need to thank me," he said, lips curved into a simpering smile. "it is the last i could do for someone who has served rocket - and myself - so well in the last few years."

[break][break] the cursed was quiet as he listened to the blacksmith speaking, thinking back to the time they had shared in the RKS machine. technically, she was not wrong. he did ride — or had, at least from time to time.

[break][break] briefly, he recalled a glimpse of memory with , trapezing off the side of mt. pyre's graveyard.

[break][break] a hand brushed against the materials that were offered, expression thoughtful. "what have you already prepared?"

[break][break] he blinked when she continued, eyes sharpening at the proposition. the ruinous beast beside him did so as well, and the air grew a tad more frigid in response.

[break][break] thinking back to and 's words, however, he quelled the HATRED that threatened to rise within.

[break][break] looking at 's excited, yet apprehensive, expression was enough. for now.

[break][break] "that sounds fine," he said, with a nod. "which would you like to start with first?"

[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".jayp"]--bg: #222; --accent: #81697A; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/aa/0a/da/aa0ada3b5badd5db7fbe1ea164401a6d.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp b"]font: 500 14px/12px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp a"]font: bold 15px/12px 'Poppins'!important; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .postbox a"]font: bold 13px/12px 'Poppins'!important; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .topimage"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 30px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .pbottom"]height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".jayp .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".jayp .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 28px;[/newclass][newclass=".jayp .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.7s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".jayp:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
awards
1,017 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Fit for a King [S]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 21:42:44 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","aurelie"]

[attr="class","aurelie_body"]Even though Jayden's words of thanks sounded sincere and polite, Aurelie found herself instinctively and uncomfortably recoiling a little from his smile. There was an odd quality to it, as if Jayden were exaggerating the affection in it or trying to curry favor with her. Maybe she was misreading, though.

Shaking her head rapidly as if to clear it of cobwebs, the red-haired smith crossed her arms for a little more warmth in the increasingly chilly training room. "Right. Then, let's start with the saddle first, because that's the part I know less about. Let's see..."

From her bag, she withdrew a cylinder of rolled-up paper, with different loose-leaf sheets escaping from it. Aurelie hastily scooped them up and then unfurled them atop the table to reveal drawings of a classic Galarian horseback riding saddle, a sidesaddle, and a Kantonian saddle, each with lists and labels of the different parts.

"So, this is what I'm sure you must be used to seeing," Aurelie began, tapping her finger first on the drawing of the classic Galarian saddle. "And most likely what Calyrex is also used to, considering it's from Galar.

"But..."
She sighed and made a slight face at the drawing. "Like most saddles in the world, this one is designed to be made from leather and wood. Not metal. If I were to reproduce this saddle exactly in metal, it'd weigh a hundred pounds!"

Aurelie stopped to sneeze mightily, hurriedly covering her nose and mouth. "Ugh, is there a tissue box anywhere?" Sniffling and wiping her nose, she looked around the room fruitlessly before and continuing in a more nasal, stuffy register, "Anyway, this is what I came up with instead."

The red-haired smith indicated a drawing that looked like the shell of a simplified child's saddle. There were arrows and labels pointing everywhere, as well as a list of parts in one corner. The saddle tree and arch were clearly hollow, with an open grille, showing how Aurelie meant to lighten the load.

She ventured a glance back at Jayden, studying his expression again. "Do you think your Spectrier would accept something like this? Or any other horse or equine Pokemon that you need to ride with a saddle? And..."

Curiosity got the better of her and she asked, with a sidelong glance at Chien Pao still skulking to one side of him, "How did you manage to find or catch your Spectrier? I...I imagine there must be a story behind that."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights