5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[S][C/Annalise] Aye Aye, Captain!
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:36:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After had been stuck behind enemy lines for months, on top of Josh being tied between his Ranger duties and his Gym Leader duties for so long, the hardworking Master of Faster at last had a chance to meet with the Captain he once saw on an almost daily basis. Yes, they had an important set of topics to cover, but who was going to stop them from making a fun afternoon out of it?

Outside Mauville Ranger HQ, Josh buzzed the main office before returning to the back of Mystic, his Kantonian Ninetales. Four of his other powerful steeds were around him, as well. Next to him was Saber, his Manectric, whose seat was occupied by a white-furred, bipedal Zeraora. Behind them were Luna, a Liepard; Aslan, a Shiny Pyroar; and of course, Raikiri, the quadrupedal Zeraora that the city was by now more than familiar with. It may have looked a bit odd to see the thundercat's saddle empty; when he was running about, Josh was usually on him.

There would be no extreme speeds reached today; the Captain and Gym Leader would be doing most of their survey work inside Mauville's confines. Confines with strict speed limits.

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Mystic          Ninetales         Good
Saber           Manectric         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Luna            Liepard           Good
Aslan           Pyroar**          Good
Zaborg          Zeraora**         Good
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 5:54:02 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","mango annal"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
annalise is different now. [break][break]the main door opens and she appears, short-haired and serious-looking. the sunshine and smiles she usually used to greet people with are uncharacteristically absent as she lets the door shut behind her. [break][break]"hi ... " her voice trails off as she takes in 's entourage. she looks momentarily taken aback by the zeraora astride another one of his pokemon, but then she blinks and her expression loses its color again. "it's been a while." [break][break]a ghost of a smile appears on her face as she descends the short steps to be on the same level as the gym leader and his team. her galarian rapidash's pokeball rolls idly between her fingers before she releases the fairy-type beside her. hands smooth across the unicorn's back, then she vaults up with a psychic-aided hop.[break][break]"can you catch me up to speed on dynamax?" her rapidash scrapes its hoof against the asphalt, interested in some weeds sprouting through a crack. "i saw it used at VCT, but i'm not really familiar with it."
[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".annal"] --accent:#FFB546!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2024 19:51:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Too long," Josh sighed. Why wasn't she more enthusiastic? They were best buddies, the tag team that kept Mauville going! "Something on your mind?" he asked, picking up on the Captain's gloominess. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Regardless of her response, the two would get going to wander Mauville's street level, filled with street lights and the asphalt firmament composing the skyways above. "Your Rapidash is impressive," Josh mused after seeing the two work together in a Psychic-powered leap.

"It's... not well understood," Josh sighed again. "It's also a huge problem for Mauville." He flashed his Dynamax Band toward the Captain. "You need one of these to do it at all." While that wasn't entirely true, the one incident where he had seen it in action was... not one he wanted to talk about. He had to, though. When the time was right. "I did a pretty lengthy field study with , Lilycove's Gym Leader, at the Racing Grounds. The long and short of it is Dynamax trades mobility for extreme strength and durability. Dynamax Pokémon can't move at all... which makes sense. They're the size of skyscrapers."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 23:04:33 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
something on your mind?[break][break]the true, bowing weight of the answer is too heavy for conversation like this. she bites down on the word everything and reaches for an easy lie.[break][break] "no," she shakes her head as she turns toward her rapidash. "just a little tired."[break][break] once mounted, she resumes giving her attention as he describes the dynamax problem. her hands idly comb a section of her rapidash's mane, twisting it into a loose braid with deft fingers. her interest piques as he shows off his dynamax band.[break][break]"i see."[break][break]she had observed similarly in 's gigantamaxed pikachu. immobile yet powerful. [break][break]"their inability to move is our advantage, at least. i beat one with my mega-evolved altaria."[break][break]just barely, but proof enough for her that they're surmountable. that defeating them isn't the core of their issue. [break][break]"did you and lam talk about any defensive measures we can take so they don't, like, get the first strike on the city before we can stop them?"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".mango .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 60px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .mango .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .mango .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 9:04:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"...That would do it," Josh nodded in agreement. "Sometimes, juggling Ranger and Gym Leader duties leaves me exhausted too, given that I have leadership roles in both programs." Like all the times he had to cover for Annalise while she was in Rocket jail. "At least I'll be able to start getting actually paid for working tickets soon. Only a couple hundred community service hours to go, and I'll finally be free of that horrible burden." Even after his time and punishment had been completed, the true punishment would be living with the reality that he had nearly taken the life of a child.

Once they were both on their Pokémon steeds, Josh guided Mystic around to survey Mauville, riding as fast as the municipal speed limit would allow. "It's not just that, either. It's dangerous for the Pokémon, too. Mystic's partner, Rime, my Alolan Ninetales, passed away after she Dynamaxed last December. I'm not convinced it's safe." Mystic slowed down without being commanded to do so, the Kantonian Ninetales' thoughts drifting toward her friend whose heart was swallowed by Eternatus.

"I didn't beat a single one in the entire tournament. And I played in all 24 rounds of the main tournament and loads of side events," Josh reported his performance, though Annalise may have been aware of it already if she was present at the awards ceremony that Thundurus crashed. "We didn't come up with anything in the first day of tests, but I've invited him back to the Gym to do some more testing later. The more we know about how Dynamax works, the better prepared we'll be. What we need to do is figure out where Mauville's most vulnerable points are and make sure Pokémon can be deployed to them quickly. Remember, this is the most densely populated city in Hoenn." And a city with quite the vulnerable elderly population, too. "Those Max moves are something else, too. They're unlike anything I've ever seen. Even from legendary Pokémon."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2024 5:08:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"i'm sorry about what happened to rime."[break][break]she frowns, troubled by the unknowns that obscure their understanding of dynamax. as far as she knows, ollie's pikachu is still alive and well. it makes her wonder about the circumstances surrounding the fate of 's ninetales, but it feels like a question better answered by reading a report than by reopening a wound by asking him now. [break][break]her galarian rapidash keeps up an easy pace with his pokemon, hooves clopping against cement. as he delves deeper into potential issues, she scans the cityscape for these aforementioned weak points. [break][break]"i agree," she says, furrowing her brows. "a rapid response is our best defense."[break][break]her cheek hollows as she bites down on the inside of it thoughtfully, trying to sort out further considerations in her mind. [break][break]"could someone dynamax anywhere in the city? and can they use our dynamax spot from even further outside of mauville?"[break][break]the range of their power spot could create complications for an emergency response. she mirrors his concern regarding max moves, remembering the devastating reach of g-max volt crash.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 2:43:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Annalise condolences did not go unnoticed. "Thank you. It's been hard on me, but it's been even harder on Mystic, my Kantonian Ninetales. Those two were best friends." Josh himself also loved the bouncy gallop of the ice fox, as well as her extreme agility. She could twist and twirl like a professional figure skater, and was his preferred steed for icy locals such as Shoal Cave and the Silent Icelands.

And now, she was gone.

The two Rangers quickly got down to business, Mystic shaking her head. "As it stands right now, yes and yes. Which is a massive problem. The Power Spot, like I said, is in the town square in the center of Mauville, and I can use it from Mauville Gym, which is technically outside city limits. The nearby Power Spot in New Mauville complicates things a lot. I don't think it quite reaches Slateport, but... yeah. It's... an issue."

Josh's hair stood on end as he thought about the Toxtricity's G-Max move that left hom with a shock he wouldn't have been able to withstand without being so in-tune with electric Pokémon. "We might need to get Science involved. You called up yet? She might know more than we do about Power Spots. As much as I don't want to, it could be worth moving the one around the town square to the corner of my Gym's property... if that's even possible now that it's active."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 23:45:10 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the more speaks on the issue, the less settled she feels. a restlessness spreads through her bones, spurred by blossoming complications. two power spots close enough to potentially overlap. a pokemon with a long range MAX MOVE could turn mauville city to ruins in an instant. [break][break]how do we counter that?[break][break]"i haven't, no, but i will. maybe the science department can make us something that can detect dyna energy asap." [break][break] she doesn't know if that's possible, but she's sure and 's science team can dream up some kind of early warning system for them. [break][break]"the quicker we know it's happening, the quicker we can mobilize."[break][break]they could deal with first response, but she's more than happy to defer the complexities of power spots to the league's scientists. [break][break]"i think we should leave moving the power spot to the science department. if it's even possible, i mean. in the meantime, we can collect more data on our power spots — like, the exact range and how quickly dynamax can occur."[break][break]she scours the streets with her eyes as they trot along, but she has a feeling their greatest vulnerability lies in the closely-packed mauville hills.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 2:51:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Even if it's just devices that monitor for spikes in Dynergy, that would let us mount an effective defense," Josh replied with a sniff. "Even if it means using Dynergy myself and risking the lives of my Pokémon... I'll do it for Mauville." An early warning system would be wonderful, but would Science have the time to develop it?

The Captain had a great point. Trying to move the Power Spot could have unintended, disastrous, city-leveling consequences. Only those on the top level of Mauville would have any hope of survival if there were an attack; such was the risk of a city with three urban grids stacked atop one another. He peered at the asphalt above him, pondering what such a disaster would look like, and shivered.

Josh reined his Ninetales toward the busy town square, full of pedestrians and Pokémon-mounted travelers. Several cameras flashed in the Gym Leader's presence, though they didn't bother him one bit. "There it is," he pointed to the glowing orb of red light hovering above the square: the only point where light touched the lower two tiers of Mauville City.

"Just enough room for a Dynamax Pokémon here. I think this is the only place in the entire city where a Pokémon can Dynamax. Of course, the use of Dynamax Bands within Mauville's city limits is against the law. That won't stop Rocket, though."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 2:56:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"that's noble, josh, but hopefully it won't come to that." she knows the importance of keeping 's morale up, but her reassurance isn't empty. there will be safeguards, volunteers, distributed dynamax bands — whatever comes next, he and his pokemon aren't going to face it alone. [break][break]their ride takes them to the center of mauville city. her galarian rapidash snorts irritably at the flash photography. annalise's response isn't much better, blinking hard against the starbursts of light emerging from the crowd. she follows the gym leader's gesture, but there's no need. the power spot sticks out sorely against the cityscape, its red light bleeding onto the concrete. [break][break]she looks up and around them thoughtfully, imagining 's gigantamaxed pikachu among the buildings. [break][break]"i wonder if a rocket could dynamax anywhere here and destroy part of the city just through the dynamaxing process," she theorizes idly. it would likely end poorly for the dynamaxed pokemon, but team rocket views their own as disposable.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".mango"] --accent: #7C6678 } .mango b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .mango i { color: var(--accent); font-style: italic; 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .mango u { color: var(--accent); font: 12px/12px 'Poppins'; text-decoration: underline dotted; }.mango .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .mango .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .mango .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 20:50:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ever the worrywart, Josh's mind drifted to doomsday scenarios and what to do if they were to occur. Dynamax Bands would eventually be tested by Science to the point where anyone could obtain one. While he didn't agree with them being that accessible, it was only a matter of time. Ultimately, it would work out well once security measures were in place.

"That's what I'm afraid of," Josh nodded in reply, the red light from the Power Spot making the town square look like the inside of a nightclub. "I'd like to find a way to restrict Dynamax from being used within the city entirely. I'd rather the Power Spot just not be here at all, but so far, no one's found a way to destroy or even move them. Like I said, we've got to trust Science to handle it."

The Gym Leader sighed deeply. "The only way we could even test that theory is to, as awful as it is, use a Dynamax Pokémon as an agent for a demolition project. Buildings that the city is looking to have removed anyway. I'll have to reach out to the mayor and see."

A daring but necessary plan; it would also give Josh an idea of just how much destruction merely Dynamaxing a Pokémon within the city would cause.

"For now, though, I think we should shift our focus to Mauville Hills. It's the most densely populated part of the city, and the most likely target for a Dynamax attack."

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 22:49:46 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
the work ahead of them remains unpleasant. demolishing a building using dynamax pokemon to test their enemies options is something she typically wouldn't agree with, but desperate times called for desperate measures. [break][break]"let's use a steel-type pokemon for it," she suggests. "it probably won't hurt them as much as it would if we used one of these guys."[break][break]she gestures loosely to their flesh-and-blood pokemon. as suggests they shift their attention to mauville hills, annalise glances up at the balconies protruding from the floor above them. she lowers her eyes back to the gym leader and nods. they could go up and look, but she isn't sure there's much they'll ascertain from there that they can't from down here. [break][break]"beside sending an emergency alert to their phones, we could probably evacuate people from their balconies."[break][break]she bites the inside of her cheek. the open air of the city center provided a decent escape route, but she imagines a max move would make all of mauville fold in on itself like a house of cards. [break][break]"you still work in search-and-rescue, right?" [break][break]the inquiry hangs in the air. the underlying we need to prepare for the worst is whispered in her shifting expression.

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 6:07:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh smiled at the Captain's suggestion. "Coincidentally, I have a Skarmory that's perfect for the task," he answered. "Would be a good idea to get her used to it, as I'm planning on using it if there's a reasonably safe Power Spot at League headquarters. I'm sure there is." Little did he know how integral the Dynamax Phenomenon would be in his battle against the Great One.

Evacuating Mauville was a gargantuan task; the city being small in terms of acreage made it arguably harder to get its large population to safety quickly. It was not dissimilar to trying to evacuate a place like Castelia. "I do," Josh answered. "That's what my pride is for, and why they're on loan to the Rangers when needed. We've got an eleventh on the way; Nala's pregnant with Nuka, and is expecting next month. Really looking forward to it."

Josh had experience in large-scale disaster relief. Heading the field operation shortly after Meteno, when was Head Ranger, was how he got his blue uniform in the first place. "Remember Hurricane Yellen that crashed into Ever Grande the December before last?"

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 22:58:15 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]
"congratulations," annalise says, allowing a small smile to settle on her lips. this region gives them very little to hope for, but perhaps 's new litleo will staunch his grief and give him a reason to keep moving after the death of his alolan ninetales. "that's a pretty big pride you have."[break][break]she has to reach back into her memory to recall hurricane yellen. she'd followed the news, then read the reports. it's strange to think it was such a large disaster at the time, but now just a drop in the bucket of her knowledge of hoenn's recent natural disasters. [break][break]"i do," she confirms with a dip of her head. "you were there. you saved a lot of people."[break][break]but hurricanes can be monitored, prepared for. they don't have such technology for rogue dynamax pokemon. not yet, at least. [break][break]"we might need you to do something like that all over again."

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,954 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 2:57:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks," Josh answered, also looking forward to seeing Nuka's birth. Moch of his pride had been caught wild; this was only the second child his females had given birth to, and Nala's first. It was as momentous of an occasion as the Captain made it out to be.

Yellen was toward the tail end of the hurricane season, its unusual timing a direct result of the bubble surrounding the region evaporating. "It's what got me my blue uniform, Captain. And I'm ready to do it all over again. It's what being a Ranger is about. Saving lives, whether it be from natural disasters, man-made ones... or at times, from themselves. From people that don't know what they're doing out there." He had to handle way too many rescues that were the result of sheer incompetence, and those tended to be the most difficult people to deal with.

With Mauville Ranger HQ being in sight, their inspecion would come to an end shortly. They had to take this data, coordinate with Science and Law Enforcement, and come up with a plan of action for what to do in the event of a Dynamax attack. "Thankfully, New Mauville is far enough from here that wild Pokémon shouldn't be able to Dynamax close enough to the city to cause too much damage. At least in theory." The sight of the Ranger flag prompted an unrelated thought. "Say, Annalise, I'm supposed to be able to pick up King Zing, my Beedrill. I haven't been able to check on him much since he entered rehab. I imagine he didn't give you too much trouble?"

{PC: 8}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights