lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
AZ: Cull the Horde
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 1:19:01 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","maritest2"]
[attr="class","text"]

marisol is a support. [break][break]

... oh, who is she kidding? [break][break]

no matter how many times she'll insist, she finds herself right in the middle once again, thrust into the center of action when she genuinely doesn't expect herself to do any more than that. the doctor finds herself slightly anxious, feeling the ground quake at in anticipation of the coming onset of monsters from within the caverns. there should be more people to help with the subjugation - sadly, it looks like it's only her and one other person at this site; one other person she's actually quite familiar with. [break][break]

there's a gym leader here, now. yes, she feels much safer now that she knows someone far more seasoned than she is, is on the field. [break][break]

so here she is, krookodile at her side as she awaits the impending stampede. her eyes narrow to today's partner, with all attempts to make small talk before the chaos.[break][break]

"it's good to see you, devlin." she wears a smile, though it grows wry in light of the trembling ground. "though i wish it could have been under different circumstances.."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

a8ho_qZ8

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]--accent:#a2add0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 3:49:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The last time Josh had gone to the very bottom of Area Zero, where the largest and brightest Terastal Crystals in all of Hoenn were located, he and had encountered a horde of paradox Pokémon. They had piled onto a Raikou that had been roaming Area Zero, the Beast unable to defend itself from the onslaught on its own. After saving it, Josh became friends with the Raikou, just like he dreamed. Zooming around the cave floor like a stunt driver, he pushed his favorite legendary Pokémon to the speeds he had remembered the day he got to race 's ashen Beast around Hoenn.

It broke his heart when he found out the hard way that the legendary Pokémon was but a manifestation of the overwhelming amount of Terastal and Infinity Energy mingling within Area Zero. He could not leave Area Zero without the Raikou disappearing. Even so, he loved every moment of the wild and fast ride. That begged the question: what about other legendary Pokémon? Even if they were manifested by the energies of the core of Area Zero and not real, they were as real-feeling as the real thing. He thought about being able to control a Rayquaza for himself like did. the scientist taking Josh on a Dragon Ascent he would never forget.

Four rare Pokémon flanked the Gym Leader as he approached Marisol. First, there was Josh and Raikiri, the Zeraora that they may have remembered from Vital City. Seated on the back of an Iron Boulder was a Shiny Zeraora, this one standing upright instead of moving more like a feral cat like Raikiri did. Behind Josh was a Type: Null that looked on edge being this deep into the cavern. "Great to see you, too, Marisol! And I don't think these circumstances are bad. The Pokémon down here are something else." Hopefully the quartet of Pokémon wouldn't drown Marisol in Infinity Energy...

ZRybm_xW Aleph obedience roll

skipping!

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Zaborg          Zeraora**         Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
and i tried to save a life with these diamond hands of mine; but they're sharper than a knife
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 3:36:11 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

that's certainly a way to make an entrance. [break][break]

he's quite.. grandiose, wasn't he? perhaps he was excited, although neither was a bad thing. her krookodile appears less intimidated by the party that approaches them, instead puffing up his chest in seeming pride whilst greeting the official's team. the trainer herself gives the pokemon a passing glance of acknowledgement, before turning to the trainer himself. [break][break]

a smile stretches across her lips. she's quite calm, all things considered, though she'll admit that the pressure of these imposing and rare pokemon put her on the verge of cracking and losing her footing. when the air starts to get heavier, she has to wonder: was it the infinity energy, or was it that they were so deep in the earth? [break][break]

both was possible. [break][break]

"something else, you say.." [break][break]

she pauses, glancing back up to the quartet that follows him "it's reassuring if you say they're only something else, and nothing too dangerous." the offended gaze of a krookodile pierces from behind, but she chooses to ignore it. [break][break]

"there've been increasing reports of stampedes. does anyone know why they're being so violent?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

m|w2Z2XN

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.maritest2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".maritest2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:53:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If there was one Gym Leader more grandiose than Josh, it was . Those two were always trying to outdo each other, flying up the leaderboards at Vital City. It was what grinding side events all day Sunday did after twenty-four rounds in the main tournament!

The presence of so many Pokémon filled with copious levels of Infinity Energy made many trainers tremble, but not Marisol. She was a lot stronger than she had brought on in the tournament if she could maintain her composure against such an oppressive collective aura.

"That's not what I meant," Josh corrected as Raikiri shuffled his feet aboard Tyrfing, adjusting his hold on the paradox Pokémon. "They're... quite dangerous. I only brought so many really powerful Pokémon because I have to in order to keep up with them."

Josh had been down to Area Zero enough times to make a reasonable speculation. "I think it's the overabundance of Terastal energy. You know you can Terastallize Pokémon down here without a Tera Orb, right? You can't do that anywhere else in Hoenn. You also don't see wild Terastal Pokémon anywhere else in Hoenn. Something's got to be fueling this place. Whatever it is... it's big. Might need to call in AQUA to take care of it."

axU3nvN9 Aleph obedience roll

{PC: 2}

Aleph           Type: Null        Good
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Good
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 6:07:04 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

marisol can hold her ground. [break][break]

it was imposing, the air was heavy, but she was never someone weak of heart (although if you asked her, she could name very specific circumstances where the iron wall will crash down like a house of twigs). "even so," she hums, giving a wave and slight, reassuring smile to the pokemon he brought along with him "i feel more at ease with you and your pokemon here." [break][break]

there's no lie, of course. she's only a nurse; not an army, nor anyone too strong. she just happened to have two gym badges, but never proved anything grandiose. [break][break]

her attention turns to area zero, in light of the explanation. her lips curl slightly, in thought, followed by a hum. there's been so much discovered in such a short amount of time; infinity energy, space-time rifts and distortions, dreams, stories... it's gotten to a point where her head would spin had she not been trying to keep track of everything. much of this defies the laws of science - most of this has become the new topics of science. [break][break]

... ah, yes. that's what keeps her from crumbling under the pressure. [break][break]

she is fueled by curiosity, so she listens intently to the explanation. "perhaps deeper in the chasm." deeper in the caves, or residue caused by what created this chasm to begin with. if it's the latter, it has to be something powerful - far more than the beasts they find down here. she glances up towards the sky, their homeland further up above than what she can describe. "although i would love to see what could make something this large~."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

ulHQrFxN

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 16:17:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Marisol's reassurance was a reminder of the burden that came with the saddle of leadership. Little did Josh know how much the weight of his rider would grow in the coming weeks. He kept Raikiri and Tyrfing to a walk so that Marisol could easily keep up; while they could blast down the trail to the Zero Lab. Without a steed of her own, there was no way she could even keep them in sight. "I'll be your shield and your sword, Marisol. But I can't do it without you. I am curious, though, just how deep it goes. Something tells me the bottom of Area Zero as we know it isn't the true--"

Their conversation would be interrupted by the sound of a Scream Tail SINGING. And not just one. Many of them. Aleph's eyelids turned heavy, his anger that would have been directed at Josh doused by the tendrils of sleep. Even Tyrfing could not resist, his two eyes each becoming one solid line of pixels. Zaborg took matters into his own hands, standing on and leaping out of the saddle, clobbering one of the Scream Tail with his PLASMA FISTS. Josh could only hope that Marisol could likewise fight the urge to take a nap...

{PC: 3}

Aleph           Type: Null        Sleep
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Sleep
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 1:55:35 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

it isn't the true source.[break][break]

so she's not the only one who thinks that. perhaps it means she should start turning her attention up to the sea or the skies. still, dangerous as it may be down here, there's nothing wrong with being in the presence of the aftermath. a shame, she doesn't have the authority to look into something as large scale. [break][break]

not that authority has ever stopped her.[break][break]

josh's words are met with a relieved smile, followed by singing by horrid beasts in the distance. though marisol isn't all too familiar with these beasts, she was at least educated on what she might encounter down here. scream tail were so cute, if you ignored the destructive power they had. [break][break]

along with the krookodile, a gengar pops out of their pokeball. she fights the urge to sleep from their enticing song, though not effortlessly. frankly, the only reason she can is because she fights sleep on a regular basis - the slight bags under her eyes act as the wounds from each battle. [break][break]

the gengar moves first, blasting a small group of approaching beasts with SHADOWBALL to disrupt their singing. the nurse, in an attempt to keep herself further conscious and lucid amidst the festering singing, pulls out a pair of noise-cancelling ear-plugs - something that she was always prepared for upon researching the pokemon down here. [break][break]

"catch." she calls out to josh, passing another bag of a similar pair. it's unfortunate that she wouldn't be able to hear him anymore, but they wouldn't have to worry about falling asleep on the job.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

7y|nmdCZ

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 2:37:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks," Josh replied, fighting to keep his eyes open as he donned the noise-cancelling devices. He no longer had to worry about falling asleep as Zaborg sliced and diced his way through more of the choir with lightning-fast ACROBATICS. Raikiri and 's Gengar followed up with projectile attacks, the swift ELECTRO BALLS and the powerful SHADOW BALLS continuing to thin their ranks.

The paradox Pokémon had one last mean trick up their sleeve, and it was one that Josh was more than familiar with. Utilizing oblong Terastal crystals, the fairy-types extended their hair, grabbed the pillar-like objects, and used them to whirl about like tops. The high speed rotation would use their speed against them in one of the few moves Josh feared even more than legendary signature moves.

GYRO BALL.

{PC: 4}

Aleph           Type: Null        Sleep
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      Sleep
close tab

played by

Nano

mari, ouroboros
any
twenty six
june 25
lavender town, kanto
demisexual
nurse
ace
meet me on
the edge of oblivion
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
488 posts
part of
TAG WITH @marisol
MARISOL SIMONE
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 4:15:20 GMT
MARISOL SIMONE Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","text"]

neither of them have the luxury to think, or to theorize. [break][break]

though her gengar is happily throwing out SHADOWBALL at the stampede, it's only a matter of time until they retaliate upon realization that their siren song is no longer effective. lo and behold, some of them realize, and have started prepping their own bodies to be thrown at the trainers like the threats they were. though they looked cute, and looked fluffy, you learn quickly that pokemon are not to be judged by appearances. [break][break]

there's not much time to react, and so she whistles to grab the attention of her krookodile. there's little he can do, but a stomp on the ground is enough to signal to the large, bandit-like beast. with a stomp in the ground, the pokemon's EARTHQUAKE creates fissures and cracks in the earth around them; not only rendering some GYRO BALLS unstable, but jutting rocks from the ground to hopefully, hinder some of their movements. [break][break]

the field is uneven, although marisol's GENGAR is unharmed due to LEVITATE. [break][break]

on the other hand, she's worried about the band that had brought with him; she wants to shout if he were okay, but they can't communicate. that was the double-edged sword. [break][break]

she'll treat and apologize to his pokemon after they get out.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

JWmFGwnW

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 2:33:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh flicked Raikiri's reins hard upon seeing the seismic shockwave racing toward him from 's Krookodile. The Zeraora BOUNCED toward the cavernous maw's ceiling, ferrying the Gym Leader out of harm's way. She had the right idea, though; while GYRO BALL was an incredibly powerful attack against swift Pokémon, it was also slow. The ground-type attack destabilized enough of them that many of them collided with one another, causing the horde to scatter when they hit each other with their steel-type attacks. Without a steed of his own, Zaborg was a sitting Ducklett. The aleeping Aleph and Tyrfing, too, absorbed the indiscriminate Ground-type attack's full force. The paradoxes had been knocked out or scattered, but at what cost?

The Gym Leader withdrew the rest of his Pokémon, Raikiri the only one still standing. "Marisol, we need to get out of here. We'll have to come back another time and get to the bottom of this." One day, they would make it to the true bottom of Area Zero. One day. He was also curious if he would find the Pokémon resembling Virizion again, which would let him re-live the one great memory he had of ...

{PC: 5}

Aleph           Type: Null        KO
Zaborg          Zeraora**         KO
Tyrfing         Iron Boulder      KO
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,341 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 23:23:26 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: