July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 21:07:41 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

There had been a poster up at the school Knight attended - Aquatic Ride Lessons! Offered by Mauville's Gym! Anyone who was interested was allowed to sign up, pay a small fee and then they'd be accompanied to and from Mauville for the weekend.[break][break]
He had tried to convince Cass and Thea to come along but in the end it was just Kay and a few other classmates. They had been paired up with trainers already, while Knight waited around to see who would be teaching him. The gym had been told beforehand that Knight didn't know how to swim but the school had been assured that wasn't an issue.[break][break]
On the trip with him was Fitzwilliam, his Farfetch'd but Kay figured it would be best to keep him in his ball for now. If he was allowed out later, then he'd happily summon him. Knight stared at some decorations in the room he waited in, hoping someone would show up soon. [break][break]
What if he wasn't able to learn about the Aquatic Riding after all?! Knight tried not to despair but that would honestly ruin his whole life right now.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

here for the lessons![break]
using for canon connections [march][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]--accent:#c75240;[/newclass]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 23:48:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Gym Leader and several of his water Pokémon were lined up near the starting line of Sector 2's Drift Waterway, on the east-central side of the Racing Grounds. Even by Pokémon ride, it took a few minutes to get there from the rear exit. All of the aquatic Pokémon looked so friendly: there were Keiga the Kingdra, Ulysses the Dewgong, Illumina the Lanturn, Megalo the Milotic, and Resheph the Dragonair, among others. The Gym Leader himself sat off the course's edge, ready to iand in the saddle of a Barraskewda named Ripley. Most of the Pokémon swimming around were quite large for the kind; Kairi the Vaporeon was the stand-out among them. A Vaporeon big enough to wear a saddle had to be quite the sight.

" ?" Josh asked as he dipped his toes into the water. "Glad to see you. Gym Leader Devlin, but please, call me Josh. Really wondering where the rest of our group is. The rest of the class is with my other trainers. Disappointed to see so many no-call no-shows."

{PC: 1}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Racing Grounds.
close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 10:03:06 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Knight was immediately impressed by the show the guy put on as he arrived. His Pokémon were just--! Kay clenched his hands into fists, trying to reign in his excitement, and definitely failing.[break][break]
"Woah, you're the leader? Hi! Oh, Arceus!" He hadn't expected to meet the leader of the gym! This was crazy! "My name is Knight, yeah! Um, yeah, my classmates got paired off already, so it was just me." Hopefully they wouldn't get into trouble for that... Knight figured it was something already pre-arranged by the gym in some way.[break][break]
He was just a kid, he didn't know how these things were supposed to work![break][break]
"Your Vaporeon is so big! Is it okay to pet him or her?" His hands were already making the grabby motions of someone who didn't want to stay still, and having something to touch would help, "I haven't caught a water Pokémon yet, are there certain 'mons that don't work for ride Pokémon?" Hey if there was someone to ask it had to be Josh. He was the certified expert here!

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

knight vibrates with excitement[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.knight]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".knight h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gknight .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 21:25:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Knight's excitement was contagious. After all, it wasn't every day that one got to get riding lessons from perhaps Hoenn's most talented Pokémon racer! Ulysses clapped his fins together in excitement, splashing some water over the course's artificial bank. "Great to meet you, Knight," Josh replied, offering a handshake to the young man. "Seems like no one else is coming. You'll get private lessons from the best, it seems!" Perhaps that wasn't the best thing to say; the lad might burst from excitement and scare his Pokémon with a sudden motion.

Josh noticed Knight's interest in the large, aquatic Eeveelution. "Of course you can! Her name's Kairi," he introduced the Vaporeon. "There's an entire rainbow of them her size on the grounds, but she's obviously the only one who is a proficient swimmer." The questions continued, though the most important one appeared to be how to choose an aquatic steed.

"The most important factor when picking one is your own build. You'll have more options if you're lighter. If you're a more stout build, you'll want a Pokémon that can more easily bear your weight. Second, you'll want to make sure it's a Pokémon you can comfortably sit on, of course. All the ones there are good choices," he pointed toward the line of Pokémon just past the course walls. "Kairi is a good choice, as well, but it's pretty rare for Vaporeon to grow so large. You have to know where to look."

{PC: 2}

NOTE: All of the Pokémon in Josh's PC are present somewhere on the Racing Grounds.
close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2024 23:06:13 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kay couldn't believe he got to shake hands with a Gym Leader! He was a little dazed, but he grinned when permission was given to pet the Vaporeon.[break][break]
He did his best to listen as he pat Kairi carefully on the head and then ended up scratching under her chin too, "I was going to say, I've never seen a Vaporeon this size or even heard of it being possible. That's amazing." His eyes sparkled with awe as he realised just how lucky he was.[break][break]
Not only was he getting lessons from an actual gym leader, but he was able to meet an incredible Pokémon like this, "I haven't really thought much about which Pokémon I'd want, really. I'm happy to just have whatever I come across. I think having a bond is important." He blabbed a little and then blushed. Would Josh think he was just a dumb kid for thinking like that?[break][break]
Well, that was why he had signed up for this! To learn from someone older and more experienced than him, "Will Kairi be the 'mon I'll use today or..." Knight reluctantly stepped away from petting the Vaporeon and looked around at the others. There were so many incredible Pokémon here, and it was easy for him to become overwhelmed.[break][break]
Or perhaps Josh would pick for him! That would make his life so much easier!

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 5:16:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The story behind Kairi's origins was a simple yet complex one. These kinds of Pokémon existed before, though they were mostly the product of expensive and time-consuming breeding. Since Space-Time Distortions started showing up in Hoenn, large Pokémon like Kairi were more commonplace. It was a good thing for Josh, but these Pokémon, once called Alphas where they came from, were difficult to tame. "Like I said, she's one of eight. If you get through the material quickly, maybe we can pay her seven cousins a visit," Josh half-taunted Knight. His favorite of the eight was Blinky the Jolteon. Unlike the rest of his Eeveelutions, he had the giant electric-type prior to the Distortions popping up everywhere.

Ah, so Knight was a completely fresh slate. No idea what he wanted. That was how some of the best relationships formed. It was a sign that he would be a very well-rounded trainer with no critical weaknesses to speak of. Those who overspecialized had significant weaknesses. Those were weaknesses that took months, even years of study and practice to learn how to fight. There were entire books on battling in a Trick Room, and Josh had read many of them from cover to cover. "You have a really good attitude for someone so young and fresh," Josh remarked. "You'll go far in whatever you do, whether it be the Gym circuit, as a Ranger, or whatever career path you take. I do want to make a suggestion, though. Among your team, I would recommend a Pokémon that can carry you over land, one over sea, and one through the sky. If you have all three, there's nowhere in Hoenn you can't go."

As much as Knight eyed Kairi, Josh wasn't quite ready to approve him to hop in the saddle yet. "Before I answer that, I want to ask you: what kind of Pokémon do you want to learn with? One that's strong? One that's really fast? One that is good at turning? I might be able to narrow it down for you based on that."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2024 8:41:08 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"One for land, one for sea and one for sky... Yeah! I can totally do that." Knight grinned as he stepped away from Kairi so he could give Josh his complete attention -- or as much of it as he could while being distracted by the idea of which Pokémon he'd end up capturing for each role...[break][break]
He snapped out of the daydream (kinda) when questions were thrown his way, "Oh... Hm, maybe a Pokémon who has good reflexes and won't panic too much if I panic? Not too fast or strong." He was worried about accidentally letting go and then... Well, if he couldn't swim, there were a few outcomes to that scenario. One, he hoped, involved Josh or whatever partner he got paired up with, saving him![break][break]
As keen as he was to get started, Kay didn't want to rush too much and end up with a Pokémon who didn't work well with him. He was glad Josh had considered his wants and needs as well. [break][break]
Knight turned to look out over the water, where a lot of Josh's Pokémon (so he assumed) were swimming around, racing each other or just chilling. A part of him was super excited to get involved but he was scared too -- what if he messed up? Or what if the Pokémon Josh picked for him to use just didn't like him? He worried his bottom lip with his teeth as he thought about that, "When did you learn to ride Pokémon and was it easy for you?"[break][break]
The questions were, sort of, out of the blue but Kay looked at Josh and waited for an answer anyway.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 2:36:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Not too fast and not too strong, yet had great reflexes... those were a lot of constraints. There was one Pokémon perfect for it. "How about you give Ulysses a try? He's my most beginner-friendly water Pokémon," Josh answered. The Dewgong was quite big, and that tail looked like it could produce a lot of thrust. Even so, Dewgong were a fairly common aquatic mount. How hard could it be?

Provided Knight agreed, Josh would whistle for the Dewgong to swim toward the near end of the course. "Just sit on the edge of the wall and drop into his saddle. He can handle it." The other way to get on a purely aquatic water Pokémon involved swimming. Sure, Ulysses could also travel by sliding on ice, but there was rarely permafrost in Hoenn, usually around Shoal Cave.

"I learned to ride Pokémon when I was a teenager," Josh answered. "First learned with a Manectric: a Pokémon I've had since I was ten. Maybe you'll get to see him on the way out. I try to keep the electric-types away from Sector 2 because... well, water and electricity don't mix." Josh made sure Knight was okay before getting ready to land in Ripley's saddle himself. While the Barraskewda had amazing speed, that propeller-tail allowed both of them precise control over that speed. They could keep pace with however fast Knight wanted to go.

"It's this way for any Pokémon, but especially with land ones. Riding requires a strong core," Josh explained. "It takes your thighs some getting used to, as well. But believe me when I say it's worth your while. The freedom of being able to go anywhere you want... it's so liberating."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2024 17:24:39 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

As Josh suggested his Dewgong, Knight approached the Pokémon with a smile, "Nice to meet you Ulysses. We'll get on great, yeah? Please take care of me!" He wasn't sure how he was supposed to mount the 'mon at first, and studied the saddle with some care. More care than Kay normally gave to anything.[break][break]
He had never considered himself a fearful person before but something about the water made him hesitate for a second. Luckily, Josh was there to help with that as well. Knight took in the instructions and, with only a bit of awkwardness, did as he was told.[break][break]
As he sat in the saddle, Knight hugged the Dewgong slightly. It was weird! Bobbing in the water like this but Ulysses seemed to be doing his best to keep them as stable as possible -- for that, Kay was super grateful. After a few minutes of this, he felt more at ease and held onto the Dewgong the proper way.[break][break]
Watching Josh get onto another 'mon with such practised ease made his chest tighten with excitement. Would he be that cool some day? Knight hoped so![break][break]
"That sounds cool, having that history with your Pokémon. I got my first 'mon at ten too! It was an egg my parents gifted to me and he hatched into a Farefetch'd!" Maybe there would be a chance later on to let Josh meet Fitzwilliam. For now, however, Kay had to survive the whole Aquatic Ride Lesson! [break][break]
He nodded as Josh explained a bit more about riding Pokémon and then laughed, "I can feel it in my thighs already but I'm determined to do a good job today. I don't want to let anyone down." Not Ulysses, Josh or himself. It would be cool to be able to head back home tonight and let his cousin and best friend know he had succeeded. [break][break]
Ulysses seemed to sense that they'd be moving soon and allowed himself to merely drift into position next to Josh. It was subtle enough that Knight wouldn't have noticed only he had been looking at, and talking to, the Gym Leader, "So, what's the next thing I need to learn?" He was growing a little more confident the lower he spent in the saddle.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 0:58:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Dewgong again clapped his fins together as Josh slid into place astride Ripley the Barraskewda, submerging more than when Knight took a seat on Ulysses. The Pokémon's blubber was not only warm, but it was buoyant, too. Though he could swim underwater, it took more effort than most Pokémon. Completely underwater riding was a totally different beast than surface swimming. Not wanting to overwhelm the student was part of his motivation for picking the water and ice Pokémon for his first experience.

"I still remember my tenth birthday party vividly, and the day I caught my first Pokémon with him," he briefly reminisced. "You might see a Pidgeot flying over the Gym Grounds. That's Pazuzu, the first Pokémon I caught myself. It was one of the happiest days of my childhood, the day I went south of Goldenrod to catch him. But that's a story for another time."

Once both of them were lined up next to each other, Josh could show Knight how to control a reined Pokémon. "Hold the reins in your hands like this," the teacher gestured with them. "This is your steering wheel. Think of it like pulling on the handlebars of a bike. Pull with your left hand if you want to make a left turn, and with your right for a right turn. The harder you pull, the sharper he'll turn."

That was only half of the basics. The other half was important too. "Leg pressure is how you control speed. That's like your gas pedal. If you squeeze his sides, he'll go faster. The harder you do so, the faster he'll accelerate. If you want to slow down, you can either loosen your leg grip on him, or pull back on the reins with both your hands at the same time. And that's all there is to it! Simple, huh?" There was a little more to it than that, but maneuvers like jumping and sprinting were beyond the scope of a 101 course. "Lead the way!"

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 11:42:40 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Pazuzu... I'll keep an eye out for him!" Knight grinned, already scanning the air above them on the off-chance he'd spot the Pidgeot already. As Josh started to explain about the reins worked, however, Kay was quick to pay attention.[break][break]
He copied how Josh held the reins and nodded as the Gym Leader explained how they would help him to control Ulysses' movements and speed, "Pull left, go left. Pull right, go right. Hey, that's pretty easy!" He was glad it was something he could easily remember, at least.[break][break]
Now everything that involved his legs seemed a bit more complicated, "Squeeze to go faster, ease up to go slower. If I tug the reins, then he'll stop." Knight repeated the instructions to himself but smiled. He felt like he understood what he had to do, at least.[break][break]
And then it was time to go![break][break]
Knight squeezed gently with his legs and Ulysses started to move forward. He wasn't going faster than a walking pace at the moment but Knight felt like he was zooming! He gasped, but with delight rather than fear, and tugged the reins to carefully guide the Dewgong to turn right, following the curve of the water they were in, "Woah, cool! Hey, I'm doing it!"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 3:40:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh remained silent, watching Ulysses paddle through the water with just his front fins. He wasn't even moving his tail - just letting it drag behind him. Despite going about as slow as the sea lion was capable of, Knight looked like he was on the wildest carnival ride in the world, hooting and hollering. It brought Josh to the first time he sat in the saddle of any Pokémon. It was just as thrilling and freeing as Knight made it out to be.

With a squeeze to Ripley's sides, the Barraskewda's tail began to hum, Josh and the water-type zipping around Ulysses and Knight before returning to their side again. "Fun, isn't it! Those are the only two basics you need to know. It really is that easy." After the two rounded three similar corners, there was a long and straight channel for Pokémon to go all out. "Try going a bit faster!" he half-goaded Knight.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 9:16:18 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Yeah, he was going kinda slow wasn't he?[break][break]
It didn't feel like it to Kay but when Josh encouraged him to go faster, he paid more attention to how Ulysses was moving (and compared it to Josh and the Barraskewda he was riding). Huh. "Okay, yeah. Let's kick it up a notch!" [break][break]
And Knight did squeeze a teensy tiny bit tighter on Ulysses' sides. The Dewgong responded by going at what could be compared to a brisk walking speed -- but Kay gasped, "Woah!" It felt like he was really zooming now! There was a slight breeze causing his hair to dance as they moved through the water.[break][break]
He kept a good hold on the reins to steer Ulysses and after a few more minutes he squeezed a bit tighter and managed to adjust to a jogging pace now. He grinned and looked over at Josh, "How's this?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,942 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 21:00:51 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Perhaps Josh swimming circles around Knight gave the student the courage to pick up the pace. When commanded to speed up, Ulysses stopped paddling with his flippers and instead swished his tail up and down for thrust. As Josh guided his Barraskewda to match the Dewgong's pace, he, too, felt the wind against his face, not having lowered his helmet's visor. He loved the feeling of the wind in his face when riding at lower speeds, but having a windshield was necessary when going truly fast.

Josh's smile grew alongside Knight's confidence, the young rider without a doubt able to feel every stroke of Ulysses' long and thick tail. Their pace was enough that Ripley's propeller-tail began to hum from how fast it was whirling. "You're catching on!" he complimented Knight. "It really as simple as driving a vehicle. Your reins are your steering wheel, and your leg grip is your gas pedal. This is more economical than driving, you get to build rapport with your Pokémon... and riding is just plain fun!" With how much he zipped around Hoenn, the Gym Leader had forgotten how relaxing a leisurely-paced trail ride could be.

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Bear

Kay
he/him
Seventeen
July 19th
Fortree City
aro/ace
student (private school)
civilian
Single (not looking)
163cm height
163cm height
awards
181 posts
Knight Naito DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @knight
Knight Naito
Glub Glub
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 21:42:58 GMT
Knight Naito Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","knight"]
[attr="class","text"]

Josh's words made Knight beam with happiness. It was always nice to get praise for doing a good job. He gave Ulysses a soft pat when he felt it was safe enough to do so, and continued to steer the Dewgong along the water trail. He felt some of the water splashing over his feet from being churned up and soon discovered the source. [break][break]
The hum from Barraskewda's tail drew his attention for a second, and Kay marvelled over it. He had never heard or seen anything like it, so he couldn't help staring for a bit. He was glad to be on Ulysses, however. As cool as Barraskweda looked, Knight didn't think he had the confidence to pilot that kind of 'mon![break][break]
As long as he didn't end up dunked into the water, Knight was completely okay with how things were going, so he squeezed a bit more. This time Ulysses picked up the pace to match with someone running leisurely. More than a job but not quite a sprint.[break][break]
"Woah! Amazing!" Thanks to the Dewgong's power and speed, it didn't take long for them to cover a good portion of the trail, "Are there any tricks or anything riders like to do?" Not that he was going to attempt any but if Josh could do something... That would be cool! He glanced over at the Gym Leader and waited for his answer.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights