He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 20:17:12 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar

=THE TRAIL WE BLAZE=
Teamwork and a Daring Rescue

Tags:
Goals: Assist Pokemon, search for a female Lapras to add to the team. Hoping to rescue one from poachers!

One could not ask for a more beautiful, vibrant day like this. The sun shined brilliantly down upon Hoenn's very own Mauville City and her surrounding routes. On Route 118, nestled by the shore, the new Cadet of the Pokemon Rangers waited. Each inhale brought relaxation as the salted air kissed his nostrils. Glistening sunlight that danced on the ocean waves brought tranquility to his soul. All the while, he listened to the songs of the Wingull and Pelliper that rode the sea breeze.

"This is our first mission. Can you believe it?" Michael asked, his gaze now looking at the cheerful Charmander by his feet. "Hard to believe it wasn't too long ago that we became partners."

"Char, Char!" the fire lizard cried with a smile.

"Just gotta wait for the other Ranger to meet us, Eimyrja. They should be here soon."

Eimyrja's attention returned to the sand. She plopped down and dug her claws through the white grains that were once rocks a long, long time ago. She was content to wait as long as she needed to. Playing in the sand would keep her occupied for now.

Michael's eyes continued to scan the water. Though he tried to relax, part of his mind stayed wary. He wasn’t out here for the sightseeing. After all, the Ranger and the Charmander had a job to do.

“Maybe we’ll get lucky and find a Lapras that’ll want to join us on our adventures.”

It was as his mind wandered when a droning hum burrowed into his ear. It sounded distant at first. Then, it grew louder as the vibrations grew nearer. Michael tore his eyes away from the ocean to look toward the buzzing.

[PC: 1]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 22:35:33 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
When Michael turned his gaze toward the source of the buzzing, he would see its source: a Shiny Beedrill of great size, hovering above the grasses between the road to Fortree and the beachfront. Behind it was a Type: Null who looked stoic and impossible to read, as well as a Flygon glowing a bright green. One of the blue-eyed wasp's wings was glowing a similar color. A whoop-like noise came from the bug-type's direction as well, though there appeared to be no one close to the trio of Pokémon.

As the giant's buzzing slowed to a stop and the Pokémon landed, he would behold a surreal sight: sitting on the blue, translucent wing was a long-haired girl dressed like she was a Flygon, her hair messier than perhaps anything Michael had ever seen. The young female looked completely delirious, no doubt from the whirlwind of motion the rapidly-buzzing appendage subject her to.

Just... how?!

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Lathiel       Type: Null     Good
Queen Zing    Beedrill**     Good
close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2024 23:18:16 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
A group of Pokemon beheld Michael's sight. Eimyrja, too, now focused her gaze upon the approaching crowd as she stood from her sandy seat. Her guard remained stoic in the begining, steeling herself for a potential battle. The trio of Pokemon, however, showed no signs of aggression nor intent to harm. Still, Eimyrja remained right by her human's side.

"It's okay, Eimyrja," Michael cooed, kneeling down to offer gentle strokes to his partner's head. "They seem friendly to me. It's an odd pairing of Pokemon, sure. Maybe they're with their person?"

The Ranger stood confidently once the trio came to a halt. And, once the Beedrill landed and ceased the beating of its wings, Michael and Eimyrja grew even more perplexed. There, perched on the wing itself, was a woman! Michael could only grow more curious about the enigma with the fascinating fashion sense and frazzled hair! A nconcoction of excitement and whimsy was already bubbling to the surface!

"A shiny Beedrill! And you're on their wing? How?" Michael enthused! "I've never even heard of anyone sitting on a Beedrill wing, or any wing for that matter!"

The Ranger, conscious of etiquette, suddenly blushed as he realized he forgot his manners. He reached out his hand to aid Shalin in descending to the ground. All the while, Michael's excited glow strained his cheeks.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," he introduced. "I'm Michael. This is my partner, Eimyrja. I have to know. How are you even sitting on that wing like that? It's blowing my mind!"

[PC: 2]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 1:35:49 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had performed in front of many crowds at 's Funtasia, both when it was touring Hoenn in full swing and when it remained in Ever Grande. She had become used to getting exactly the types of reactions she had received from . What was equally impressive as the Shiny Beedrill buzzing her wings so fast was how she could also hold them fairly still with Shalin seated on one!

"It's my Sygna Suit!" Shalin replied as her Flygon also landed next to the enormous bug, both her and the dragon still glowing a faint green from Infinity Energy flowing between them. "It's a bit... challenging... to explain how it works, but if you want to know, I can try." Her voice was still a bit unsteady, what with having been shaken around faster than any person had the right to be. Both the Flygon and Beedrill also wore well-engineered saddles in places one would expect them to be.

"Captain Shalin Nariya of Rustboro," the Ranger introduced herself and extending her hand, though she wasn't certain if Michael would be able to reach it with the slight movements of her Beedrill's wing. "These two are Queen Zing and Sandy," she introduced them, the Flygon briefly making a chirping noise by rapidly vibrating her own wings.

Wait, Captain? Was this deranged-acting girl really in an authoritative position among Hoenn's Rangers?

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 7:34:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WALREIN APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SNORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICE FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEADRA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] POISON POINT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SMOKESCREEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BUBBLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LEER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 0:55:31 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
"Nice to meet you, Captain!" Michael chimed. "And you as well, Queen Zing and Sandy!"

The Sygna Suit came back to the forefront of the Cadet's mind.

"Sygna Suit, huh? I've heard of those. They're suits that increase the bond between yourself and your Pokemon, right?"

The Ranger Cadet idly scratched his chin. The beginnings of stubble brushed along the skin of his exposed fingers. A distracted thought brought attention to how he would need to shave soon.

Michael had an interest in making a conversation of the philosophical variety. Genuine curiosity filled his mind, and he wished to potentially learn more about Sygna Suits. Maybe he'd even have his theories proven wrong!

"They're interesting, I'll give you that. Although, I'm not sure how I feel about them. More than anything, I wish to share an incredible bond with my Pokemon. I know Sygna Suits are supposed to help you do that, but it just feels...Manufactured? The concept relies on manmade technology. Is there a more natural way of achieving that?"

Distressed cries of Pokemon brought the conversation to a screeching halt. Michael and Eimyrja both locked their eyes toward the trouble. In an instant, their cheerful demeanor shattered. Now, both the Ranger and the Charmander experienced remorse and sorrow. Michael brought a hand to his mouth in disgust and disbelief. His stomach turned the color drained from his face.

"Arceus, no..."

Down the beach, just barely moistened by the damp sand and caressing sea foam, laid two Pokemon caught in a discarded fishing net; The Seahorse Pokemon, Kingdra, and the tusked Pokemon, Walrein. Both laid motionless besides the occasional struggle to free themselves from the netting that dug into their bodies. But, from Michael's observation, he could see that they almost had no fight left in them.

"Captain, we need to free those Pokemon, now!"

[PC: 3]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 1:37:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Flygon returned Michael's greeting with a soft wave of her claw, bringing the hum of her wings to a stop as Michael gave his stance on Sygna Suits. "The fuel that a Sygna Suit uses is a Crystalbloom. It's all natural, but it is rare. That's part of the reason getting one is so prohibitive."

She shook her head after Michael asked about alternatives to the Sygna Suit. "There's only one, and it's more unlikely than getting ahold of a Sygna Suit. Do you know what an Avatar is?"

Before she could get an answer, Michael's foul language and urgent tone prompted her to spring into action. She slid off the Beedrill's wing, recalling the giant insect and hastily climbing aboard her Type: Null. "Lathiel, use your X-SCISSOR to cut that net open, but be careful about it!" With a cry that was half feline, half canine, the normal-type raised her sharp claws and slashed open part of the net, though it was nowhere close to where the two Pokémon were trapped at. They would need a closer, more precise cut than that if they wanted to free the two water-types that looked like they were in terrible shape.

skipping

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 2:40:28 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
Michael bolted across the white sand as rapidly as his legs could carry him. Eimyrja rushed on all fours right alongside the Cadet. Plumes of the coast kicked up behind them in their rush to get to the injured Pokemon. The pair skidded to a stop but remained careful to not let any of the sand launch toward the ones they wished to aid.

Great minds think alike, of course, as Michael’s Captain took the initiative in cutting the net. The Cadet ensued to do the same with the help of his Charmander partner. He snatched the survival knife from his belt while issuing a command.

“Eimyrja, let’s cut them free with Slash!”

“Char-mander!” the fire salamander barked!

A white energy coated Eimyrja’s claws! She committed to making quick, precise strikes as her human worked on his own section of net!

“Don’t worry guys, you’re gonna be fine! We’re here to help!”

Though the eyes of the trapped Pokemon showed an initial haze of fear, they soon realized that they were indeed being rescued. Weakened groans of gratitude emitted from their tired bodies.

Slice after slice, cut after cut, more and more of the netting frayed and snapped. It was a tough material to be sure! Though, thanks to the efforts of all, the poor Pokemon were soon freed from their confines!

Michael would help his superior in rolling up the abandoned fishing net to prevent it from harming anymore of the wildlife. Exhausted and sweating from the laborious venture, the Ranger fell hard against the dampened sand. He panted while trying to wipe the salted perspiration from his brow. After reaching into his backpack, he pulled out his 32 oz stainless steel water bottle to offer the rescued Pokemon a revitalizing drink.

[PC: 4]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 2:55:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Elmyrja's SLASHES were far more precise than Lathiel's, the Charmander able to open the net wide enough for the trapped Pokémon to escape. They could not, though; Seadra were a completely waterlogged species. Walrein could travel on land, but it was slow, and this one was simply too weak to get back to the shore on its own. "We don't have a choice," Shalin sighed. "Michael, I'm going to have to capture them and take them back to Ranger HQ so they can be properly triaged."

Provided the young man and his Charmander didn't object, Shalin would gently toss Poké Balls at the two wilds, not to keep them for herself, but for ease of transport. With that taken care of, she slid off her Type: Null just long enough to retrieve the ones that Michael didn't want for himself. "There might be more of them. Let's keep our eyes out," she said as though she were commanding a Ranger deployment.

skipping - NOT AN OOC CAPTURE

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 16:34:00 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
"Wait, please," Michael pleaded, scooting closer to the Seadra as it quenched its thirst.

The blue, jagged seahorse hoisted themself upright to balance on their strong tail. Though having eyes in a near-meprmanent glare, Michael could almost see a gratitude behind their pupils as though their features softened. The Ranger Cadet retrieved a spare Pokeball and offered it to the large creature.

"How would you like to join me?" he asked, smiling. "I'll take good care of you. And we could always use a Water Pokemon on our journey."

[PC: 5]
Notes: Attempting to rectuit Seadra
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 4:50:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD OCTILLERY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SNIPER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CONSTRICT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HELPING HAND
[attr="class","wildtabox"]OCTAZOOKA
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SOAK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HELIOLISK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SOLAR POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THUNDER SHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DISCHARGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE SEADRA!
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 17:21:25 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin was impressed with how Michael handled not just the situation as a whole, but particularly a Pokémon species as aggressive as Seadra. Those spikes on its back made the species dangerous, particularly with it capable of swimming backwards at high speed. "You're really good with wild Pokémon. Are you a Ranger?" she idly asked as she stowed the Walrein's Poké Ball to be taken to Mauville HQ.

Lathiel continued along the sands, noticing a Heliolisk basking in the sun. All seemed at peace now; there were even some trainers frolicking in the water alongside their Pokémon. One of 's Gym regulars was there, too, zipping and bouncing across the waves on a Sharpedo. "That reminds me... I should bring my own Sharpedo out here. Caught one a month or so ago and still hasn't seen a lot of action." She hadn't even come up with a name for the aquatic predator yet. That was something else she needed to do: go through her Pokémon storage and get her new catches into the ecosystem that was Petalburg Plateau's Pokémon sanctuary. Her back yard.

skipping

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Aurvandil

He/Him
July 11
Castelia City, Unova
Pansexual
Ranger
Cadet
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michaeldavis
Michael Davis
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 0:01:34 GMT
Michael Davis Avatar
The tired but relieved Seadra gave a gentle nod to the Ranger's request. His mouth pressed against the offered Pokeball. The spined seahorse's body glowed before being converted into light blue energy. Its form shifted and contorted before being pulled into the Pokeball.

Michael's brilliant smile threatened to outshine the sun overhead. Eimyrja looked up happily at her Ranger partner because of their success and recruitment of a new teammate.

"I think I'll call you Cobalt," Michael stated while placing the Pokeball onto his belt. Looking about, he noticed the beach was becoming more lively. Even an Octillery and Heliolisk were out and about. Both were Pokemon he liked, but not quite what the Ranger searched for. He kept an ideal team in mind, and he only had so many Pokeballs to spare.

Shalin's inquiry piqued his interest. He looked at her with an inquisitive expression.

"Thank you! And yeah, I'm a Cadet," he answered. "See?" the man's thumb pointed to the Ranger symbol on his cap. "Wait. Weren't you told I'd be meeting you out here?"

The man simply chalked it up to simple confusion. It was nothing to hold a grudge over. Smiling again, he showed an interest in Sharpedo's mention.

"Ah well, doesn't really matter. That's cool, though! Sharpedo are amazing!"

[PC: 6]
Notes: Ignoring current Spawn
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 7:18:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CARVANHA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROUGH SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON FANG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAGE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DEWOTT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TORRENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS ENERGY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]WATER SPORT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]RAZOR SHELL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
The Trail We Blaze [DW]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2024 3:26:26 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin hummed as she listened to Michael christen the Seadra. "That's a great name for a Seadra," she complimented them both. "I have yet to catch one myself. Names... take me a while." She had a backlog of close to 30 Pokémon to name and introduce to her Romping Grounds. She wanted to get them in her own ecosystem, but her duties as Captain kept her busy.

Shalin had looked for the green or red armband rather than the symbol elsewhere. On-duty Rangers were required to wear their badges and armbands for identification, and their uniform color matching the color of their armband was encouraged but not required. Shalin, wearing yellow as a Captain, really stood out when she was on official business that didn't require her Sygna Suit. "I wasn't! I just happened to be out here, seeing how my suit reacts to different Pokémon."

As Shalin scanned the waves, she pointed toward a school of Carvanha surfacing. "Well, speak of Giratina himself," she mused. "Catch one of those and raise it into a Sharpedo yourself!" The aggressive aquatic Pokémon seemed to be circling a Dewott stuck on a small sandbar, unable to move without the risk of bring shredded by its predators' dagger-like teeth.

Shalin slid off her Type: Null's back and got back on her Beedrill, this time sitting in her saddle proper instead of her wing. Popping her earplugs back in, she bobbed upward, swooping in and stabbing the dark-type fish with her FELL STINGER, one by one. Once the way had been cleared, the girl landed on the sandbar where the terrified Dewott was and placed an empty Poké Ball at its feet, offering it a better home than a place full of mean hunters.

Catching the Dewott!

{PC: 6}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights