Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 6:24:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Galar broke Michael Navidson. It broke him into pieces and reforged him into something else. A man who went from sheriff to soldier, from detective to warrior, from brother to father.

Whatever had happened there had, for a moment, let the Gym Leader put up his sword. It had bought him time. Understanding. A new perspective on the battles to come, yet his sword had remained sheathed until the eleventh hour. It had gone to rust from misuse. A dire mistake, born from a desire to forget and live life. A rusted sword was worthless.

From rust, came ruin.

"He will kill me. Actually. I don't know how many times you've fought him, but I don't have the skill! The strength! The drive! I'm surrounded by giants, and all it takes is one to crush me, and I'm done." When that happened, there would be no hero left to save him. Nobody would weep for Howard Slayte. "I am not easily replaceable."

After all, most of Dewford's smuggling rings were his.

He wondered how many others said those same words. A lie that they all agreed to believe, rather than accept that their heads would roll at the faintest whiff of betrayal, at the faintest whiff of a lie. Historians did not lie. They told the truth. That was the point.

To betray his dream would be to make this whole journey meaningless. And yet...

Eris. He had made a vow to to protect her. He could not raise a hand against those who would harm her, but this, he could do. He had lied his way into Remiel's old chair. He could lie again. For the future he would not see.

"I cannot defeat Eternatus. I can only give you knowledge. Our victory is guaranteed, but it will not be by my hand." His eye glared back at Navy's. An eye that saw everything, how meaningless everything was, and yet dared to dream of a better tomorrow. "But yours."

Howard Slayte would not save the world.

"I want one of those condos on the beach. The nice ones."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 6:31:48 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
CLEANING OUT THE ROOMS.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

One person can’t kill Him, Howard.” He speaks with the urgency of a man who has seen precisely how arduous a task slaying dragons is. “It took two heroes. It took Necrozma.” A black shadow of the past. “The sword and the shield, they were made from Necrozma metal. Gotta be. That’s what our weapons were made out of in the vision.”[break][break]
It’s an extrapolation, a deduction born from a mind that never thought it was very good at being a detective. It’s his best guess, the only guess that he has. Given what he knows, he finds it hard to believe that their weapons will ever be reforged. It is a grim thought, a task for tomorrow.[break][break]
But I’ll be there, with you. We’ll fight it together. Don’t know whether those heroes will be there, but I have to be. It’s my fight. Our fight. If we don’t show up, Hoenn is His.”[break][break]
The grimness of the talk is broken by Howard’s request. Someone’s finally noticed those empty condos on the beach.[break][break]
I can do that, don’t you worry buddy. You’ll have the best condo of the lot. Mind the neighbors.” Neighbors like , , and all the other lost children he gathers. “Here, I knew you were gonna say yes.” Pulling out a key, he hands it over. It’s marked ‘1’. Condo number one, for his number one guy.[break][break]
We’ll get your stuff moved in later.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 6:42:24 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"The culmination of mankind. Of the knowledge they gathered. Knowledge gathered by people like me."

Yes, people like him. The scholars and sages of the world who dared to push the understanding of humanity forward in an attempt to save and salvage it. Howard would not fight on the front lines of this war. He had damned himself to being a scholar who dug past buried secrets in an attempt to bring forth new knowledge.

Regice was the culmination of the ancient wisdom of Hoenn. It was proof of its very existence. It did not belong to him. He was simply borrowing it. Appreciating it. Yet it would never be his.

It belonged to someone strong.

"You were that confident?" Howard dangled the key between his thumb and forefinger as he gave Navy an apprehensive glance. There was an urge to refuse the key now, if not to spite him. The '1' stayed his hand, though. "You always had faith?"

There was no need to answer that. Always.

"Necrozma's shards are valuable. Any that we find are stashed away or used." Used to fuel him. "But there's a bigger prize. You're wrong about Dewford."

He stood up and went to the window. He looked out it, as if expecting to find a spy standing by the street corner. He closed it shut with a thud.

"It has Wishing Stars."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,241 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 4:51:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
CLEANING OUT THE ROOMS.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

Yeah, the real genuine thing. Not fallen stars. Ones mined right from the source.” Enough wishing stars, big and small, to field an army of Dynamaxed Pokemon. With the number of artificial power spots being constructed across the region, there really could be an army of them…[break][break]
And there’s only one of him. There are other trainers on both sides, but he feels the incessant need to be everywhere at once – do everything. When he imagines rest, he sees the ghost of a fallen brother smiling at him. Thoughts creep in of staircase schisms, a battle on land and sea. If he had been there…[break][break]
Maybe you’d still be alive. Maybe Kyle and you’d both be Ho-oh’s avatars. Maybe you’d be making a real difference…[break][break]
Dwelling on ghosts will not avail him. Instead, he turns towards the door. There’s reports of some poisoned creatures or another outside the town. Howard’s been persuaded. It’s time to get back to work.[break][break]
Thanks, Howard. Really. If this ever gets out, between you and the Visionary, I doubt I’ll escape a court martial…but at least Hoenn will survive. I’ll see you down in Dewford later.”[break][break]
Donning his sunglasses, he readies to step back out.[break][break]
We’re going to win.” He repeats, for Howard’s sake more than own.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,787 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 5:27:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Court martials are wind. I'm glad to know I'll have a friend swinging with me from the noose when this is over."

Worst still, they would die screaming. Navy had too much intel for the League to simply cut him loose. This was war, and a shred of intelligence was all it took to permanently turn the tide. No, Navy would simply disappear from public life. He'd travel to a faraway region to live out a life of peace, only to be found dead several months later.

Accidents often happened in times of war.

"We've already won." Millennia ago, when the world was young and mankind sculpted guardians from the ribs of a god. They had won that war, only to seal the constructs away. If mankind could lose, they would've lost then. This time would be no different.

He ignored the small voice telling him that this was an unprecedented time, where gods and heroes emerged. Palkia's bonding had changed everything. Nothing could be predicted anymore. He ignored that too.

"I'll get someone to help me move." Howard said, before snapping his fingers. "Before you go, I have something for you. Gimme a sec..."

Howard disappeared into a maze of artifacts and fossils and charts. After some thumping around, he came out holding a stack of papers kept together by staples and paperclips—the duct tape of college students. He pushed it into Navy's hands before he could make it out of the door.

SOUL OF THE SEA
HISTORY OF MISSING SHIPS AND PEOPLE AROUND DEWFORD TOWN
Dr. Howard Slayte

"I finished it. It took longer than I thought, but no matter what happens, know that this story exists." He closed the sheriff's hand around the thick report, before stepping away. "It's a reminder."

An eye that watched millennia unfold flicked up to look at the sheriff.

"Of what you fight for."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
House Call [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 23:21:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: