awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 21:59:17 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","summer"]Blue flames ignited the dark depths of the chasm, illuminating the path several feet ahead. An inferno of heat enveloped the surrounding area as heavy foot steps trekked forward. The EMBOAR grunted, deep and low in his chest, to his trainer.

"We told him we were taking a look around. That's what we're doing: looking," his trainer answered, her hair appearing a stark white in the color of his flames. All needed to know was that she was okay.

In reality, was scouring the giant chasm for large tera shards. Having heard of the battle against KYUREM, she wanted to investigate the power these crystals held and how they worked. Even better, if she found something interesting, she could go to or and have the two appraise the item for its value.

Selling it to the National Museum of Natural History would be of great worth if she came across a high value relic.

Summer twisted the ring that was looped on the necklace around her throat, an idle habit she'd come to have since the events of GALAR. She and Surtur approached a large crystalline structure, their reflection mirrored back toward them.

"It's more impressive than I originally thought."

[attr="class","summertag"]open | the great chasm of hoenn
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.summer] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.summer b] color: #DE716D; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.summer i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.summer u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 19:23:19 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Morgrem seems tense in the Great Chasm, and Fenelle could only applaud it in der mind. It's a terrifying place to be, but somehow, they manage to remain unscathed. After reading about Tera Crystals and the energies connected with them, dee has become curious about their power, and wanted to see for demself - maybe even bring back one or two of those crystals for personal or Rocket's use.

The crystals are beautiful, and also more reflective than dee thought. Dee has spotted a somewhat familiar figure amongst the crystals, and approaches - and promptly also sees demself in the reflection, just behind the blue-ish themed duo.

Dee immediately raises a hand for a wave, hoping to appear as non-threateningly as possible, and then take out der phone (for communication purposes; dee'd never hand over der personal phone in any scenario). It's comparatively big, with a nice, large screen so texts may be read easier by others. Quickly, dee types in:

Hello, I hope I didn't surprise you too badly ... Are you also looking at the crystals here?

Dee ponders on how to confirm if the other actually is a Rocket, too, and comes up empty.

I'm deaf, so please use this or sign language to communicate. I'm Fenelle.

Maybe the other would recognise dem, even if their time with Rocket's been relatively short. Or has dee seen the other with one of those pompuous gatherings that the De Laurierwylle's (der adoptive family, the ID before Fenelle) likes to attend and organise ...

hope this works, or lmk and i'll edit! also lemme know if dee would recognise summer for sure as rocket or rather not :eyes:
close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 21:39:54 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","summer"]As Summer began to slip her bag from her shoulders and unwrap tools to chip away at the crystals, the sound of footsteps stop her. Her first thought was that a wild Pokemon was nearby, ready to attack.

The second, had scouted her out and came to give her a long, stern lecture.

She turned, attempting to not look guilty in case it was actually her husband. It wasn't, thank ARCEUS, and it wasn't a Pokemon either. It was another person.

Though she didn't know this person's standing: League or Rocket. So she'd have to play her cards right until she found out.

"What are you—" Her statement cut off as her gaze traveled to the screen held out to her. Instead, with an almost skeptical look, Summer typed out her message before handing the screen back.

"I am looking for crystals. What are you doing here?"

[attr="class","summertag"] | the great chasm of hoenn
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.summer] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.summer b] color: #DE716D; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.summer i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.summer u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 22:50:23 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
[attr="class","emapokemonteam"][newclass=".emapokemonteam"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Fenelle gives the other der best smile, doing der best not to be too awkward about this situation. Inside der brain, two processes were currently running, using up the entirety of der working storage. One, figuring out this social interaction from past experiences and clues from media, and second, confirming or denying if dee's seen the other person before, really ... if not, that might be more awkwardness than the introvert has signed up for, and the other person probably, too.

As the other takes der phone to type in der words, dee is finally coming up with a result - yes, this should be a Rocket ... and maybe goes by the name Summer, but dee isn't sure if dee remembered that because it's one of the more visual names or if dee made that up because the name looked similiar to that. Der memory should really better not leave dem in the dust right now. As dee takes der screen back to read, dee first takes out a little sign of der Rocket affiliation, before typing.

You're ... Summer, right? I'm also with Team Rocket, my codename's Mille. I'm also looking for crystals, I thought it might be useful to have them personally or for the organisation. Have you found anything interesting so far?

Now, of course, dee could always fake it, but dee hopes to maybe get a little bit of trust here (as ridiculous as it may sound amongst criminals). There's more dirt on dem on der Rocket-work-phone, too, but dee would only show that once fully confirmed that der memory isn't playing tricks.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 16:02:38 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","summer"]Summer still had to keep her guard up. Even though Fenelle told her that dee was apart of team Rocket, dee could be holding back some sinister plot.

was easy to look up and find. She had been a newsworthy CEO, after all.

"And how can I trust you?" she replied back. "Forgive me for being rude. However, you can surely understand my mistrust." She regarded dem with wary eyes.

Summer took out her own ROTOM phone, doing a quick comb over of Rocket's database. , code name: Mille. Perhaps dee were not lying after all.

"Okay, Mille. The duration of this trek, call me Aquamarine. Shall we move?" Behind her, Summer's shiny EMBOAR snorted with impatience.

[attr="class","summertag"] | the great chasm of hoenn
close tab

played by

ema

fen (mille)
dee/dem/der, they/them
twenty-one
march 9th
mossdeep city
aroace
office worker (cracker)
grunt
4eva
single
5' height
5' height
awards
89 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fenelle
Fenelle Miller
twinkling brilliance
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 8:16:27 GMT
Fenelle Miller Avatar
Fenelle hasn't expected to be trusted immediately (or at all), but it seems like der gamble has paid off, since the other doesn't appear to be entirely taken aback by the admittedly sudden accusation. (Dee still needs to polish up the 'meeting other rockets incognito' script. They really should have a codephrase, maybe to do with shoelaces and presidents, if dee would be asked.)

Dee is still pondering how to show that dee is a trustworthy person as the other is taking out der Rotomphone and does a quick check on that, after which Summer - no, Aquamarine - seems to trust dem well enough. Dee also picks up der phone/screen again, typing in reply:

It's not rude, I should probably have prepared more in advance. I didn't expect to meet someone affiliated just out here.

There's a moment of dem pausing and grimacing slightly.

League presence here is hard to miss. May we find something good, Aquamarine. Did you find something so far? We only encountered large crystals so far, nothing suited for individual mining, not anything else interesting.

Dee nods, signaling that dee and der Morgrem would be ready to follow if Summer had any particular direction she figured out as best already. Morgrem regards the fiery blue Emboar with a hard-to-figure-out look - somewhere between admiration, fear and challenge, maybe, before he focuses back on their general surroundings, just in case something decided now's the best time to approach.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights