Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
GC EXCURSION A: ZEV & RHYS
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:18:09 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

After several ventures into the Giant Chasm to track new and dangerous Paradox Pokémon, Zev had a better sense of the strange rainforest. Team Rocket's territory within it started to look familiar: the bends in the paths, the rivers, the steep cliffs and deep ravines. [break][break]

It made sense for him to accompany the lower ranks as protection. He didn't prefer it, but exploring the uncharted land was better than training fresh recruits or standing watch over a smuggling operation. [break][break]

Fortunately, the grunt assigned to survey a new stretch of the jungle was one with whom Zev was familiar. Some time had passed since he'd crossed paths with . Zev had put the younger man out of his mind, but their last conversation came to the surface upon sight of him. [break][break]

"Have you improved since our last mission?" the Beast asked as the two set out from a research station with their Pokémon. Zev's Mismagius floated ahead, keeping an eye out for anything amiss.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – gc excursion a: explore

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]BcW6BVxg
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
Developing the cure to your miserable existence.
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:36:19 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

If he were more jaded, Rhys would say that at this point he knew the layout of the Giant Chasm and Area Zero better than he did his childhood home. The intervening weeks had brought him into confrontation with hordes of Paradox pokemon, giant Paradox pokemon, and even the perennial thorn in his backside that seemed to turn up at every possible worst opportunity.
[break][break]
Still, given the selection of partners he'd been privy to up to now - with the possible exception of - Rhys had to admit that progressing through the wilderness with Zev allowed for significantly less to go wrong from the standpoint of the native creatures.
[break][break]
It did, however, invite conversations that Rhys found difficult to gauge and respond to. With most people, he could fairly easily determine how much was too much, and how little was too little, but speaking with Zev offered little in the way of determining what he actually thought of Rhys's responses. Then again, he seemed a man that didn't bother hiding his opinions, when he disclosed them.
[break][break]
"I have," he returned, idly watching his Tinkaton patter forward to bash a fallen log from their path with a hammer larger than she was. "This has been a...challenging month, but I can't say I haven't benefitted from it. Even had a few unexpected run-ins with a Leaguer that ended favorably, though I question whether he was acting on orders or just off in his head."

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

GC Excursion A: Explore

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]--accent:#54C797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 19:56:25 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev waited for the Tinkaton to finish smashing the fallen log to pieces, clearing a path for them. [break][break]

"'Off in his head' could describe several members of the League," he pointed out. came to mind, for example, but Zev doubted Rhys could have survived that encounter. "Did you catch his name?" [break][break]

The black-haired man walked through the opening made by the Tinkaton, picking his way over shards of splintered wood. Thick vines fell from the surrounding trees' branches in heavy curtains. Forward progress was slow. [break][break]

Besides the calls of birds and chirping of insectoid Pokémon, however, all was quiet. [break][break]

kaDNE0S8[break]TOTAL: 69

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 20:15:20 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beauf4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Rhys shook his head, grunting a negative as he followed the other man through the remains of the log. "Can't say we had the chance to exchange pleasantries - he's the type to introduce himself with a knife, apparently." Scowling, he flicked a small insect from his lapel.
[break][break]
"Swarthy type, eyepatch, unusual accent. One of the Galarian regionals, maybe." He lengthened his gait, pulling just enough ahead of Zev to hold a portion of the vines out of the way with his forearm, allowing the other man to pass. "Two encounters, one when I was on shift monitoring the Dyna Tree, and one when I was deeper in Area Zero collecting specimens. Doesn't seem to have a connection, could have been bad timing, but he's definitely a pest."
[break][break]
Slipping under the vines to slide back into step with Zev, he brushes his forearm free of the detritus, musing. "It's something, though, to come at a Rocket, grunt or no, with a weapon in the flat middle of Sootopolis. Vigilante?"
[break][break]
TnmpcaYX

[break][break]
Total: 72

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.beauf4]--accent:#54c797;[/newclass]
[newclass=.beauf4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .post b"]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .pkmn img"]margin:5px -7px -10px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".beauf4 .credit a"]font-size:10px;font-weight:800;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 20:25:11 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Rhys' description of the man he'd encountered did not sound like anyone Zev knew or had seen in battle. Moreover, he'd been able to stroll through Sootopolis without incident until assaulting Rhys at the Dyna Tree. [break][break]

"Perhaps. At the very least, he must be new to the region. Civilians are free to enter and leave Sootopolis, but anyone already on our radar as a threat is attacked on sight." [break][break]

After passing through the curtains of vines, the men and their Pokémon rounded a bend in the path. Mismagius murmured a soft warning. Zev saw why at once. [break][break]

Each wide tree trunk, large boulder, and even the earth itself bore long, gouging slash marks. At first, they reminded him of damage made by a sword—perhaps an Aegislash. But the fact that Paradox variants of the Swords of Justice had emerged from that very chasm suggested another origin. [break][break]

"What do you make of this?" Zev asked Rhys, gesturing to the damage. [break][break]

rkCUXgXh[break]TOTAL: 161

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 20:54:51 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

Hm. "I don't know that I would classify him as a threat - if I was able to fend him off, I imagine nobody would have a serious problem with him." Rhys mused for half a moment, then added, "Still, unpredictable."
[break][break]
As they rounded the bend, Rhys canted his head curiously at the Mismagius' alert, then blinked as he saw why, even before Zev prompted him for an answer.
[break][break]
"Damage from a Paradox pokemon," he answered readily. "It's difficult to say which - so many of these variants have blades of some kind or another. I tracked one of the larger ones, maybe a kilometer from here - give or take - with , and we saw similar signs there. In that instance, it was a Fire-type, some kind of crested leonid."
[break][break]
His head snapped up from his examination as a strange cry echoed from deeper in the Chasm, reverberating strangely through the surroundings. "...That might even be the culprit, although I haven't seen any of these things that sounded quite like that," he murmured.
[break][break]
cYccc|tn

[break]
Total: 197

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.rhysc4]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.3px;line-height:17px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h1"]font:18px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 h2"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".rhysc4 .credit"]width:125px;background-color:#1c1c1c;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 14:08:47 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev nodded, wordless agreement of Rhys' assessment. Too many of the reports from their research stations suggested a high population of Paradox Pokémon in the chasm—more than anywhere else in Hoenn. The numbers made sense, too, considering the abundance of Tera crystals beneath soil. [break][break]

At the unfamiliar cry, Zev's head snapped up, too. "Judging from the sound, it's pretty far from here. I don't think we'll be encountering it—at least, not yet. But there's a chance it will wander back in this direction." [break][break]

They continued down the path with greater caution. More slash marks marred the trunks of trees and larger rocks on either side. Strange tracks were embedded in the dry dirt, several days old. [break][break]

"Are you involved in any of the research of these new Pokémon?" Zev asked Rhys as he took photos of the footprints with his phone. The younger man had a background in science, after all, even if his career was in medicine. [break][break]

qp83JSQx[break]TOTAL: 297

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 17:34:42 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

"I was hoping for something a little less involved," Rhys sighed as he stood, waiting patiently for Zev to finish gathering photographs of the damage. "Still, you're right, it might wander back or it might not. Some of them are just such a nuisance to subdue," he grumbled.
[break][break]
As they advanced forward, Rhys kept an eye out both for additional tracks and any pokemon that might happen to take issue with their presence in the area. He had quickly gotten a handle on appearing outwardly composed, but his insides were coiled like a spring, his constant low-grade anxiety prepared to power swift action should the need arise.
[break][break]
Fortunately, the need had not yet arisen, and all he found himself facing were more of Zev's questions. These, at least, seemed more informational than pointed, in contrast to some of his last dealings with the man, though, and so he was glad to field them.
[break][break]
"Not strictly my department, so not quite as much as I'd like, but they are fascinating," he replied. "Aurelie and I managed to capture the beast I mentioned beforehand, and as a result of that they're allowing us to monitor their progress, but no direct involvement, unfortunately." His lip curled - frustration, perhaps. "However, on my last outing, I happened to capture another specimen for myself, and that's provided its own benefits, if unofficial."
[break][break]
He recalled his Tinkaton and tossed another pokeball, revealing a saurian in cool hues, regarding the pair with barely-contained anger.
[break][break]
"It listens quite well, for looking so angry," Rhys offered with a small grin, "But it's terribly useful having one to monitor and biopsy so close to hand."
[break][break]
K4FaaBfa

[break][break]
Total: 364

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,688 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 18:40:49 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev noted Rhys' choice of words and the way the younger man's lip curled. He aimed his phone at another section of damage and took more photos. [break][break]

"You should volunteer to help with the studies," the Beast suggested, though his tone was more apathetic than encouraging. "The more we know of the creatures, the better off we'll be in fending against them." [break][break]

He glanced at the blue-scaled monstrosity that emerged from Rhys' Pokeball. It was one Zev had seen before. "Especially since you have one of our own." [break][break]

Zev pocketed his phone, satisfied with the evidence he'd gathered. [break][break]

"Let's keep going. Once we've seen enough, we'll head back to report our findings. And I want to test how your battle skill has improved." [break][break]

And to see just what this Suicune-like creature was capable of. [break][break]

VvLHbNu3[break]TOTAL: 454

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

mcfuzzled

he/him
November 16
Verdanturf Town
Gay
Doctor
Grunt
do no harm
unless you justify it
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
128 posts
Rhys Collins DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @rhys
Rhys Collins
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 21:56:23 GMT
Rhys Collins Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","rhysc4"]
[attr="class","post"]

At the other man's suggestion, Rhys lowered his gaze, toying with the idea. He wasn't a researcher - not of that kind - and didn't want to create more of a presence in that neck of the laboratories than he had to, lest he be roped in as some kind of assistant or other. Yet, his desire to keep arm's length came into direct conflict with his basic desire to know about everything.
[break][break]
When he thought about it like that, the choice was clear.
[break][break]
"I will," he nodded. "The proliferation of these things is something we don't want to be caught wrong-footed on." He moved to continue as Zev finished, beckoning to the Walking Wake. The beast growled, a rippling, dangerous sound, but fell into step behind Rhys without further complaint.
[break][break]
"Of course," Rhys returned brightly as their path drew them further through the rainforest. "I'll be happy to provide you with that data." Well. Not strictly happy undergoing whatever test Zev had in mind, but confident, at the least, that he could show the man he had indeed progressed.
[break][break]
He smirked as they continued, a thing full of pride. Confident, yes.
[break][break]
qI2wPmDu

[break][break]
Total: 525

[attr="class","ooc"]

NOTES

[break][break]TAGS:

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,026 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2024 23:17:48 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]EXCURSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: