1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Lost and Found (Closed)
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2024 18:01:04 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

It was a strange thing to have someone request a meeting with him, but he wouldn't refuse, instead he relaxed in his office with a cup of freshly brewed tea while he waited for his visitor to appear. He could guess what they wanted to talk about, it was probably the same thing all other lower ranking members wanted. To figure out how to advance, how to stand out, get recognition or that sort of thing. Of course he had no real answers for them himself if he was being honest. Amor just had luck on his side as far as he saw it, and it wasn't always 'good' luck either.

It felt like he just kept falling upwards, but there was no need to worry to much about it. Everything was still going smoothly in his opinion, but that could all fall flat on it's face at any given moment. Still....His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, and he brushed aside any unnecessary thoughts as took a sip of his tea setting it on his desk, and he laced his fingers together as if he had been expecting this moment like some movie villain.

"Enter...." Came the word, and once they entered they would see a rather simple looking office. No pictures, or paintings on the walls. A board with various notes, and formulas written on it, and a computer set up that would make most hackers jealous. Dressed in a fine black Kalosian suit, he gave a pleasant smile to to his visitor, and extended a hand to the seat across from him.

"Have a seat Ms. Atreides....Before we start could I interest you in some coffee, or tea?"

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Lost and Found (Closed)
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 21:30:03 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","summer"]Unlike many of the lower ranking Rockets, wasn't interested in climbing the power ladder Rocket possessed. When she had been a CEO, she had a burning desire for that power. But now?

That fire had been quenched, instead replaced with a want for something else.

She recalled time and time again her back and forth with Rocket's ideology and her own. Until she had taken a sabbatical with her newly wedded husband, she had only believed the group to be a group craving blood and destruction. Summer desired for a change. She nearly left.

was her savior.

Now, she came to speak to someone who had taken over one of the scientist roles, a new face in Rocket. Perhaps it was bold of her to ask someone ranked officially higher than her why they were here, but she had to know that surely, not all members of Rocket were single-minded.

"Thank you for sparing your time today, Head Scientist Rose. I don't believe I've had the honor of meeting you yet," Summer spoke, taking a seat and sitting with dignified pride.

One of the former Lioness of Lionheart Industries.

"Coffee, please."

[attr="class","summertag"] | canon connections
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.summer] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.summer b] color: #DE716D; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.summer i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.summer u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Lost and Found (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 18:07:55 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

"Coffee it is then." He said with a smile as he stood up, and went over to the coffee maker, and put some freshly ground beans into the filter, and turned it on. Grabbing some sugar cubes, and a small pot of cream he would place them on the desk, and slide it across the way to her for when she got her drink. Amor had a sweet tooth, but he understood that not everyone was like. Still it would be a few minutes before it would be finished, and so he regarded her curiously.

"You are correct in that we haven't met yet, but I like to think I'm a pretty amicable person so you don't have to worry to much about formality with me." An easy smile on his lips. "I'm still relatively new to my post as well, so don't fret to much about it." An easy chuckle escaping into the air.

"Now with all that out of the way....Please tell me what it is you need of me? If I am able to help I will certainly do my best, though I'm not all powerful." At least he wasn't yet, but still he kept a pleasant smile on his lips. The way she carried herself was something he had seen in many others when he had to meet with various members of the upper echelon. He appreciated her professionalism.

"And even if I'm incapable of helping you, I know a great many people I could point you towards to achieve your goal." There was sincerity in his words because the truth was Rocket was outnumbered a great deal. So they had to be stronger individually than the League was. It was in his interest to help out those that were not privy to the things that he was in order to help them succeed.

Despite being Head Scientist he enjoyed working with Grunts on various things, despite not doing it as much as perhaps he should, it was something he was working on rectifying. It would take some time, but perhaps this would be the first step in that endeavor.

close tab

played by

Red

Sums
She/Her
November 1
Mauville City
Pansexual
art collector
executive
kiss me once
then kiss me twice
5'6" height
5'6" height
say a prayer for the wicked
awards
1,146 posts
part of
TAG WITH @summer
Summer Atreides
Lost and Found (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 16:10:27 GMT
Summer Atreides Avatar
[attr="class","summer"]Summer sat patiently as he began brewing the pot, idly fixing the golden watch on her left wrist until it was finished. She reached for it, pouring herself a cup. Then, a small spoon of sugar, followed by two dashes of cream. Simple, but it was easy to dissatisfy her.

"Then forgive me. I'm still relinquishing the chains of the business world from my shoulders. It's a habit."

She blew on her cup before lifting it to her lips, sipping on it. She set the mug down.

"I don't require anything from you, Amor. I came today just to speak to you. I wanted insight on you. You were formerly apart of the League, correct?" Summer inquired, one of her legs crossing over the other as she tilted her head ever so slightly at him.

"Why did you leave? And how did you decide to come to team Rocket? Surely you know that it's been the opposite effect for our group lately. Defectors, going to the League as if they decided it's in good conscience..." Her nails tapped the chair.

"I apologize if it seems like I'm interrogating you. I'm merely curious. What do you see in us? What is your motivation?"

[attr="class","summertag"] | canon connections
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.summer] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.summer b] color: #DE716D; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.summer i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.summer u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.summertag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
Lost and Found (Closed)
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 17:15:06 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

So he listened to her inquires with interest, and he just leaned back in his chair mulling over what she asked of him, and he tried to think about how to best put it. Would she properly understand?

"Well my affiliation with the League was tenuous at best....I had tried to build bridges with those people but they are very insular....Despite them making deals, and promises they couldn't be bothered to keep any of them....Which is tiresome when you go through things the proper way...." That was more or less just his personal view of the League at that time, and to some degree even now. "I left because one tried to kill me after asking for my surrender. I had been prepared to go to trial for my outburst towards her, but then she blindsided me with an attack which was meant to take my life." He explained to her simply.

"Everyone wants to paint a black, and white picture, all of the defectors go to the League because they are cowards....They don't have the conviction to follow through with their actions, or to see them through no matter the cost....So they take the easy way out...." Conviction was the most important thing to have in Rocket regardless of your reasoning for joining. "Funnily enough when I joined was when Rocket saw the most defections I believe....It was why I hid my visage for so long, and even know I don't tell most Grunts who I am when I'm amongst them in disguise...." Perhaps it was a bit paranoid, but still he felt it necessary.

"As for what I see in Rocket that's an interesting question....A long time ago I read a book and there was a quote in it that really stuck with me....You can always trust a liar to lie....I choose to be part of Rocket because I understand what they are doing. They don't hide what, or who they are, they are very overt about it. I can respect that, but the League....They try to have some gilded visage, acting so sanctimonious while committing crimes that are either just as bad, or sometimes even worse than Rockets in my opinion." Perhaps he was being a bit to wordy. "You don't know what you're getting with them....They are liable to stab you in the back at any point if you're not one of their special little pets....At least with Rocket I know that to be a possibility from the get go. Does that make sense?" He asked her curiously?

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights