Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Pairadox
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 21:23:42 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

In the aftermath of their battle with the Gouging Fire, Thomas left the Giant Chasm with . After having seen to her safe arrival at the Ranger Base, Thomas waited. Rather than venturing back out there, the Kalosian instead felt it was best to await the Gym Leader's inevitable return.

That, and he was hoping to hear news of 's whereabouts. Whether she was safe or not, surely the Rangers were among the first he'd hear it from.

Thomas clasped the Pokeball containing the beast in his hands, waiting in silent anxiety for Josh Devlin's return.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pairadox
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2024 18:23:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh withdrew Suicune the Walking Wake just before leaving the enormous crater, taking a seat on Hylda's back for the trip to Oldale. The Icelands whizzed by, its crests and bergs seemingly parting on their own as the Glastrier TRAILBLAZED through them. The sound of icy hoofbeats was Thomas' cue that the Champion was coming; only he would turn a traditionally slower equine like a Glastrier into a speed demon.

It did not take the speedy horse long to get to Oldale HQ; the worst of it was having to slow down to match the municipal speed limit. Stop-and-go traffic was the worst. Withdrawing his Pokémon, the Mauville Elite entered the building. He had some Area Zero trinkets to drop off anyway. Meeting up with Thomas there worked out well for him.

Josh was quick to find Thomas in the lobby. "Sorry for the wait, Thomas," he apologized. "I don't get cell signal in the Giant Chasm at all. No internet, nothin'. I'm... unreachable except by local radio communication when down there. Only got your text after I left. What do you need?"

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Suicune         Walking Wake      Good
Hylda           Glastrier         Good
Raikou          Raging Bolt       Good
Swift           Raikou            Good
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Pairadox
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2024 18:25:09 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As Josh stepped into the room, Thomas stood up. "Devlin, good to see you!", Thomas told the newly minted Champion. "Don't worry about it, been recovering after the day today.", he'd tell him.

"Me and Captain Nariya dealt with a Paradox Pokemon, one resembling Entei. She managed to capture them, nearly getting herself killed trying to ride them.", Thomas began. "She wanted me to deliver the Pokeball to you.", he finished, holding out the Pokeball containing the 'Ancient Entei' they dealt with.

"Also, I know this is a selfish question for me to ask, but when you were down there, did you happen to run into ?", he'd inquire. It was clear he was worried about the Minor League Gym Leader.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 4:11:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Great to see you too, Thomas," Josh waved. "It's been too long." He rolled his eyes upon hearing of the rancher's difficulties, presumably in the Chasm. "Tell me about it. It's awful down there. Even with my new friends, and powerful ones at that, it's murder down there."

Josh stopped cold. "You said Entei? As in Hoennian Entei?" he asked, worried and hesitate to accept the Ball. "No wonder. Does she not know how fast Entei are? She passed out after riding Braver just once. My Arcanine. And she thought she could not only ride Entei, but wild? Girl's unhinged. Great friend, but Arceus is she unhinged." She was known to tame Pokémon by riding them and tiring them out trying to unseat her; she had made local news in Rustboro over it. But to ride a legendary Pokémon against their will? Surely even for her, that was beyond her limits. It showed when Thomas presented Josh the Cherish Ball used to capture the Gouging Fire.

"You used to be Elite Four, right?" Josh asked Thomas. If he got confirmation, then he would divulge his experiences in a soft voice. "Then I can trust you with this. Down in the depths of Area Zero, I caught Raikou. Hoennian Raikou," he said, referring to his Raging Bolt. "Gotta keep it on the down low; if Rocket finds out, they'll be ready for him. He only let me catch him because... well... it's a long story. I can tell you if you want."

Regardless of whether Thomas was interested, the name Desiree came to mind. "The last time I ran into her was before Kyurem blew open Area Zero. Haven't seen her since. I'm worried about her, too. She hasn't responded to any of my emails, either."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 0:37:23 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas chuckled upon hearing what Josh had to say. "New friends, you say?", Thomas inquired.

"Hoennian Entei, you say?", Thomas probed. So were these prehistoric forms of the Legendary Beasts really dubbed as Hoennian counterparts? "And I'm not surprised. I let her ride my Arcanine into a Tera Tunnel months ago. After that, I've been giving her lessons on riding Pokemon with high sustained speeds.", he'd tell Josh.

"Are you sure?", he asked. "I also dealt with a 'Hoennian Suicune' while down there. I've already handed it off to the League for study and processing.", he told the Champion quietly. "And I got time, if you've got time."

Thomas frowned upon getting his answer. "I see. Desiree got injured dealing with the Pokemon that emerged from the Chasm that day. Though her injuries got healed quickly, I'm afraid the event took its toll on her.", he'd reveal to the Gym Leader. "I just hope she got out safe. We were dealing with a horde of Paradox Pokemon, when we got separated."

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 7:08:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Thomas' inquiry meant to Josh that they were probably thinking along the same lines. "She's so weird. She can ride on a whip cracking at supersonic speeds, but she can't even handle an Arcanine. No wonder she asked you to deliver the Hoennian Entei to me. I'll do my best, but I can't promise I'll be able to connect with it. You see, I've been having trouble connecting with Tyrfing and Sigmund. They're those Pokémon that look like Terrakion and Cobalion. It's like... shard legendary Pokémon are multiplying in Hoenn. First Hoennian Sacred Swords, and now Hoennian Beasts..." he trailed off, lost in thought as he reached for two more Cherish Balls, setting them next to the one Thomas presented to him.

"So the Hoennian Raikou," he started to recount the story, "I've been able to forge a special connection with him unlike the others. When I went to the bottom of Area Zero, helped me save a Raikou from a horde of paradox Pokémon. I became his friend, like I always wanted to. I even rode him around Area Zero, just like I do with Kyle's Raikou every so often. Then when I tried to leave Area Zero with him, he dissolved into Terastal mist."

It was some of the greatest despair the Champion had overcome, being so close to his dream, yet so far away. Even so, the possibilities dawned on him. "That's not the only instance of a legendary Pokémon appearing down there. Even if they can't leave Area Zero, I'd love the chance to hop on some other really fast ones. Imagine soaring on a Latios!" he daydreamed, imagining the G's the nimble, living jet could put on him.

It took him quite a bit of time to snap out of his trance before going over the rest of his story. "I later returned to Area Zero and ran into the Hoennian Raikou that's in this Poké Ball. It had the exact same injuries that the Raikou I befriended had. My gut feeling tells me that they're the same Pokémon. It makes me wonder if it was fate that I happened upon all three of them. Like the Great One is looking for a successor or something." Thomas may have been able to notice subtle signs of Josh withholding information. In a way, Ho-oh had already chosen a partial successor, having handed down the Sacred Ash Raikou to Josh.

Josh frowned when he heard the news. Little did he know he would run into Desiree in Area Zero in a few days. He would be more than willing to share the update as it came in. "There a gymnasium or some kind of larger room we can use?" he suddenly asked.

{PC: 3}

Entei           Gouging Fire      Good
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2024 21:48:41 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"An odd field to specialize in, but who am I to criticize? Besides, it has its uses.", Thomas replied.

"An Iron Crown and an Iron Boulder? Interesting.", Thomas remarked. "If you need help with them, you know where to find me. One of my underground biomes is an isolated chamber for such exotic Pokemon. I - built it for Yveltal, after being blessed by them. Now it just serves as a place to safely train such dangerous Pokemon.", he'd offer.

Thomas listened to what he had to say about the Raging Bolt. The fact that it dissolved into mist when attempting to leave the area was interesting, and concerning.

Thomas couldn't help but chuckle when he remarked about flying on Latios.

"So you encountered this Raikou in its 'Johtoian form'? And when you went back later, it reappeared as a 'Hoennian Raikou'?", Thomas inquired, raising an eyebrow. It was a strange story. His next remark, and how he seemed to be holding something back, wasn't missed on the Kalosian. Though if Josh was withholding information, he likely had a good reason to do so.

"A Successor? You think they're going for multiples?", Thomas inquired. It wouldn't surprise him, as he was one of Yveltal's two Avatars, for a time.

"Yeah, follow me.", Thomas told Josh, before heading to the large training grounds.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 7:24:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Her specialization was beyond ridiculous. "Sure, it absolutely does. She convinced me to get a Kommo-o of my own; his vibration is more effective than dynamite when it comes to blowing out cave-ins and such. I just don't get how her insides don't melt from it." Josh had barely tapped into the powers of his own Sygna Suit like she did; it was fun to watch, but how it worked boggled the mind.

Josh looked confused. "Wait, what did you call them?" he asked. "I didn't think they had received official designations yet." If they had, the names hadn't been disclosed to him through official channels. "I'll have to take you up on it. I'll bring them both, as well as... some other Pokémon." The list of exotic partners at the Champion's beck and call was growing by the month. He briefly smiled back when Thomas chuckled. "Might be worth going down there once things calm down. I've never imagined what riding a Yveltal would be like. Who knows what we'll run into!"

The former Avatar repeated Josh's story back to him perfectly. "That's exactly right. This is also part of why I asked you for your trust and your silence. Come on. I'll show you what I mean." Once they were at the expansive training grounds, the Knight of Thunder clicked open a Cherish Ball containing Raikou, the paradox Pokémon he had befriended with Andrea at the bottom of Area Zero. "Thomas, meet Raikou." The saddled, long-necked dinosaur cat purred like a predator on the hunt.

"And that's not all," he continued, pulling the RAINBOW FEATHER from its pinned spot on his person. "You're former League personnel. I can trust you. But this has to stay confidential. If there are any leaks, Rocket will see it coming and devise countermeasures." He began to draw a lightning-bolt shaped Sign with the feather, ashes floating in the air from a massive electrical current...

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 20:52:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Josh brought up how useful Kommo-o was for controlled demolition, it made Thomas want to look into the capabilities of his own. He already knew what 's was capable of. But he never really got the chance to do much battling with Ryuji.

"They're actually pretty recent designations, for sure. I've been offering out my Iron Crown to R&D for trials and research.", he'd tell Josh.

"Sounds dangerous. Could be fun.", Thomas remarked.

Thomas looked up as he saw the 'Hoennian Raikou.' Though he had seen the Beasts resembling Entei and Suicune during his time in the Chasm, this 'Raikou' was one he didn't encounter.

"Nice to meet you.", he'd greet the 'Raikou.'

Thomas watched as Josh produced a Rainbow Feather. Did gift it to him, at some point?

"My lips are sealed. This is staying between the two of us.", he promised the Gym Leader.

Thomas watched as Josh used the feather to draw a Lightning Bolt-like symbol. The sight of what happened next took Thomas aback. Suddenly, Josh's comment about a 'successor' made more sense. He remembered how Kyle summoned Raikou and Suicune during the Battle of Mauville.

tags:

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Pairadox
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 22:00:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Iron Boulder and Iron Crown..." Josh mused as he drew the Sign, arc bolts dancing among the ashes left in the RAINBOW FEATHER's wake. "Will have to keep them in mind. They act a lot like the Sacred Swords that are familiar to Unovans. I do know one thing, though... whatever engine is inside Iron Boulder has a lot of horsepower behind it. Tyrfing can go fast. When we reconvene at your ranch, I'll have to show you."

Once the Sign had been completed, a deafening thunderclap roared inside the building, rocking light fixtures as though an earthquake was rumbling around them. A bright flash of lightning blinded anyone who was directly observing the summoning process. When the lightning faded, before the duo was a monochrome, ashen Raikou. "And this is Swift," Josh introduced the Beast to Thomas. "And this is what clued me in about Hoennian and Johtonian Raikou. I now command both, according to the Great One's will." And the late Kyle's will, too.

The Beast crouched, beckoning Josh to sit upon the black thundercloud, which he did. "Gym Leader, Elite Ranger, Champion, and now, Knight of Thunder. And Thomas, I have you to thank for pointing me to him in the first place."

{PC: 5}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights