part of
TAG WITH @chase
Viola Chase
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 11:40:03 GMT
Viola Chase Avatar
[attr="class","pizzabox"]
[attr="class","top"]

It had been Miranda’s idea, really. Viola was around less and less these days because of work, and Miranda wanted to spend the time they could share together doing something productive. As she contemplated that, Viola smiled, then looked to her daughter, who had just finished retrieving a garbage bag and a stick for each of them. “Alright, champ,” she said, “are you ready to do some civic duty today?”

After Miranda nodded, Viola looked to Josh. Viola admitted that she was a bit surprised when she learned that a Gym Leader had also enlisted, and she’d also been surprised by how young he was. But young or not, she didn’t plan on patronizing him. “And you, Mr. Devlin. Ready for this?”

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY

[newclass=".pizzabox"]--accent:#d49736; position:relative; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,989 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 1:15:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
At just twenty-five years of age, was Hoenn's youngest Champion. Once one of the region's most controversial figures, he was the talk of the town after it was announced that he had become only the fourth person to be Champion Ranked, and the first to not have a role in administering the Champion Assessment. One day, the world would get to see the intense battle he and wrought. Not until after Sootopolis, though; within the video footage was a key military secret that Josh held close to his heart: the secret of the RAINBOW FEATHER pinned to his shirt.

Though he had been absolved of the remainder of his community service, Josh had shifts scheduled through the end of April. He couldn't, in the goodness of his heart, renege on them. That was how he and his pair of Zeraora found themselves at Slateport Beach, on cleanup duty.

"I am," Josh nodded, handing one trash bag and pole to Zaborg while keeping a second for himself. "And please, Josh is good. May I ask what your name is?" Regardless of whether he got an answer, the Champion would give the signal to go ahead. Saber, his Manectric, crouched to let the Shiny Zeraora ride upon him, Josh doing the same with Raikiri, the more feral-looking Zeraora that moved on all fours.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Swift         Raikou         Good
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Zaborg        Zeraora**      Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
close tab

played by

psychesaur

Vi
she/her
August 9
Nuvema Town
heterosexual
digital marketer
civilian
single
5 ft 9 in height
5 ft 9 in height
Luck be a lady tonight.
awards
5 posts
Viola Chase DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @chase
Viola Chase
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 8:37:02 GMT
Viola Chase Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

Viola smiled, then looked to Miranda knowingly. “The name’s Viola, and this little lady is my daughter Miranda,” she said, as she pointed at Miranda.

Miranda piped up quickly. “I know you, Mr. Josh! You’re the Hoenn Champion, right?” she said. Viola’s eyes went wide – Viola knew that this man was a Gym Leader, but she didn’t realize he was the Champion until now. She felt somewhat flustered right now!

“My apologies, Josh. Although you are rather down-to-earth for someone who’s the League Champion.” Viola smiled, then flipped her hair slightly. “I’m honestly impressed. A lot of people let it get to their heads.”

[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox blockquote b, .pizzabox blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]
[newclass=".pizzabox .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.pizzabox .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,989 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 1:49:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's smile grew as Miranda cutely answered. "Not the Top Champion; that's still . But yes, I am one of Hoenn's four Champions!" the People's Gym Leader replied, procuring two long-handled nets and passing one to Zaborg. "No need to apologize to me!" he blushed. While he was used to media attention by virtue of being a Gym Leader, he was the talk of Hoenn for a bit after reaching the pinnacle of the Gym Challenge. And soon, he would soon yield that spotlight to .

Zaborg, skillfully reining Saber around with his left paw and reaching for an empty soda can using the net in his right, deposited the metal object in a recycling bin before returning to Josh's side. While the two Zeraora were the same species, they couldn't be any more different. "It's just a title. What you do with that title is what matters."

Zaborg and Raikiri's purrs were tiger-like. Even Saber let out a bark as he felt the Shiny Zeraora's light throbbing. "Great to meet both of you, Viola and Miranda. These three are Raikiri, Zaborg, and Saber," he introduced the three swift-looking electric Pokémon. "You two remember your nets, too? Really helpful for reaching stuff floating in the water."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

psychesaur

Vi
she/her
August 9
Nuvema Town
heterosexual
digital marketer
civilian
single
5 ft 9 in height
5 ft 9 in height
Luck be a lady tonight.
awards
5 posts
Viola Chase DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @chase
Viola Chase
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 12, 2024 10:36:16 GMT
Viola Chase Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

When Miranda first noticed the Zeraora, time seemed to stop right then and there. “Whoa!” Miranda said, as she pointed straight at the Zeraora. “Those Pokémon are, like, super rare, right? I didn’t even know they were real!”

Viola, of course, took notice rapidly. She loved how enthusiastic her daughter was, but she didn’t want to offend Josh or distract from the task at hand. “Now, now, Miranda – calm down,” she said. “I’m sure that Josh over here is perfectly willing to let you hang out with them later. First, let’s focus on collecting the garbage, okay?”

Miranda sulked somewhat. “Sorry, Mom.”

Once all the preparations were done, Viola and Miranda started picking up trash. All the while, Miranda snuck the occasional glance at the Zeraora. Viola noticed that, too, but she didn’t try to stop her daughter. Enthusiasm was good!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,989 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2024 2:16:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The two Pokémon of the same rare species couldn't be more different; the Shiny one of the two sat upright on Josh's Manectric, holding the wolf's reins as deftly as a human would. The other one, Raikiri, looked like a feral feline, traveling on all fours. "If Viola's okay with it, we can play afterward. Maybe you'll even get to saddle up with me!" he teased, though he had his doubts Viola would let her daughter sit atop such a lightning-fast Pokémon.

Josh reined his Zeraora as close to the water as possible without entering it; even the mythical cat's latent static could fry all kinds of smaller life on the beach. "Hey, Raikiri, I'm gonna lean over to try to get that can that's floating there. Don't turn because I'm shifting my weight, okay?" With a purr that made Josh smile. he set the reins down, held the net's long handle with both hands, and lowered it into the water. Though he accidentally bonked the floating aluminum object, causing it to fill with sea water, a quick save let him collect it. The water inside left it as he tilted it backwards, the mist it became looking like the exhaust of a turbo engine until its interior was bone dry.

"Thankfully, Mauville's not too far from here," Josh mused. "Not a detour at all to get here from there. Old Highway 110 is one of my favorite places to go riding in Hoenn. Decommissioned highway with no speed limits. Love it."

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

psychesaur

Vi
she/her
August 9
Nuvema Town
heterosexual
digital marketer
civilian
single
5 ft 9 in height
5 ft 9 in height
Luck be a lady tonight.
awards
5 posts
Viola Chase DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @chase
Viola Chase
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 13:13:52 GMT
Viola Chase Avatar
[attr="class","top"]

“Wonderful!” Viola picked up a crumpled bottle, then placed it in the bag. “I’m all for letting you three play around!” Just then, she remembered that Josh had mentioned the possibility of Miranda riding on said Zeraora – and she was quick to come up with a clarification.

“I…think we’ll skip the riding part, though. Right, Miranda?” Viola sucked in a quick breath of air – she was all for kids having fun, but she didn’t want to put Miranda in too much danger. Besides, the Zeraora might not like being ridden in the first place.

They continued like that for some time until the beach was clear and their bags were full. Once they’d finished up, Miranda ran towards the two Zeraora and quickly sat down, staring at them. Viola cocked her head; was Miranda unsure if the matter was safe?

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,989 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Viola Takes Charge [M]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 1:34:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri looked disappointed when Viola vetoed Miranda climbing atop him with Josh. It was understandable, though; the forces such a fast Pokémon would put on a rider had to feel more intense upon a smaller body. He would be content to let Miranda play with the two thundercats' scarves, cuddle with them, and the like. If Miranda seemed particularly playful, she might even get to feel them purring loudly!

"They... are among the fastest kinds of Pokémon in the world, after all," Josh sheepishly admitted after emptying his net and stowing it. "If she really wants to, I promise you this. I'll keep them to a speed she's comfortable with." If the feline's speed was too intimidating, the Leader's Manectric was also an option, though Zaborg did look at ease atop the electric dog.

{PC: 4}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights