She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 16:11:31 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"I know, I know," Robin said with laughter as Sinistea rubbed against the egg in her hands, "it's just like how I got you." She couldn't help but be enchanted by eggs. They had given her her ace pokemon, Sinistea. Her ghost chimed with excitement over the baskets of eggs she had to deliver to a daycare in Fortree.

She released Hydreigon and started to load baskets into his back, but she soon realized there were far more than she was prepared for. "This might be too many eggs for you..." Was someone else also tasked with the egg delivery? She hemmed and hawed. It didn't feel right to fly with what she could carry if it meant leaving the remaining baskets unattended.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 1:02:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Some of Josh's favorite volunteer work to do while he was serving his sentence for the Eris incident was long-haul deliveries. It was an excuse to saddle up and take in Hoenn's surroundings, watch the region's wildlife in its natural element, and feel the wind in his face. Such a simple task was an excuse to get some of his Gym's newest recruits in the field... and one he had not been able to see in over a year.

King Zing.

His year-long rehabilitation with the League had transformed the giant Beedrill from the cold-blooded assassin that nearly took Eris' life into a well-behaved Pokémon much like the rest of his squad. The giant insect wore his saddle proudly, watching Josh load the remaining baskets onto his other Pokémon. Xia the Zangoose and Ghalta the Tyrantrum were among the ones Josh filled with the cargo.

"And this is why I said to bring headphones, Robin," Josh smiled as he cuddled the now-placid insect's face. "Welcome back, King Zing."

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
King Zing     Beedrill       Good
Ghalta        Tyrantrum      Good
Xia           Zangoose       Good
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 17:07:30 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin couldn't place what was wrong at first, but then it hit her. "Um, is it OK to trust a Zangoose with eggs?" She was pretty sure they swiped eggs like crazy, though she was never one to study a dex. She preferred Josh's quadrupeds to large bug pokemon, but that was also because she associated him with fast quadrupeds. Flying bugs made her think of Shalin instead.

"I haven't flown with cargo before, but Hydreigon is far more settled than Dragapult. He'd probably try to do flips in the air." Indeed, the silly ghost-dragon was still prone to immature releases of excess energy. She hadn't yet gotten him to hone that energy into a sharp focus.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 23:36:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Long as none of them are Seviper eggs, Xia will behave," Josh replied. "Isn't that right?" he turned his attention toward the Zangoose on all fours, cuddling the Pokémon's face before loading one of the baskets onto her. Her long claws gave her incredible traction at the cost of sapping her stamina. With how distant Fortree was, the Gym Leader had brought an entire backup team of Pokémon for when the normal-type's swift legs couldn't carry her anymore.

As soon as both his Pokémon were loaded up, Josh gently pat the side of his Beedrill's face, right behind his mandibles. The Champion took a seat on the giant, yellow wasp's back. "Tiamat, my Dragonite, is usually who I bring for high speed deliveries. She's fast and stable, even in Extreme Speed. I just wanted to bring some Pokémon that don't leave the Gym very often. Let them see the world for a change."

Once Robin had given her piece, Josh popped his ear protection in, then flicked King Zing's reins. A tingling sensation shot up his body as his mount's wings began to vibrate loudly. Once they were in the air, the bug-type tilted his wings to direct their thrust forward instead of upward, his ground Pokémon following the bobbing insect. Whew! Even once they got in the air, that thrumming and shaking would take getting used to!

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 21:03:42 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She wasn't a pro in pokemon behaviorism, so she'd have to take Josh's word that Xia wouldn't consume the eggs on the way. She hoisted herself onto Hydreigon and followed Josh into the sky. Sinistea sat in front of her on the middle head's neck, the two of them leaning this way and that to see around the head and get a good glimpse at the world below.

It could be dizzying, but Hydreigon was one of her largest mounts, so she felt the safest leaning as it wouldn't disrupt his balance whatsoever. She didn't trust herself to yell loud enough to get through ear protection and the sound of raring wind, but her expression and body language were pleased enough that it was clear she was enjoying the trip. She loved the potential within eggs. She wondered what all the pokemon were behind her, just waiting to pop out.

Fortree appeared in front of them before long.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 21:46:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Xia and Ghalta kept pace with the thrumming wasp, Josh's toes falling asleep during the flight to Fortree. "Whoo!" he cried as he reined his poison-type mount out of the way of a large tree limb, the Pokémon bobbing and weaving out of the way almost instantly. King Zing was far from the fastest of Josh's flying Pokémon, but he could put on some real zip.

With Josh's squeeze to the insect's sides, the drone became louder and higher-pitched as its source worked his wings faster. The tingling sensation worked its way almost all the way up his legs as Fortree's skyline came into sight. Overtaking Robin's Hydreigon, Josh encouraged King Zing to start zipping back and forth. putting the bug-type's great agility on display. Robin may have been able to hear a whoop come from Josh's mouth; he seemed like he was having a great time piloting the vicious-looking insect!

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 22:32:40 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Hydreigon's flight pattern was more subtle and one-note than the Beedrill. The flight had to be steady for the sake of the eggs. Still, she could appreciate the fun Josh was clearly having on his bug. She worried about the stress of his gym and Ranger commitments, so it was nice to see him let loose.

The flight was worthless if the landing was so haphazard as to damage the eggs, so Robin held on tight as Hydreigon lowered himself to the ground. She manifested a safe landing, and Hydreigon delivered without snapping at her for the tighter grip. "Good work, Hyd!" She slipped off his neck with Sinistea chiming behind her. She got to work unpacking the eggs on his back for the daycare workings coming out to greet them. "I'm glad the weather was so nice today. I bet the eggs appreciate the gentle warmth, too." Spring was such a kind season for new things like baby pokemon. "Probably not as exciting as your usual flights, huh, Josh?"

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 1:12:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
King Zing wasn't as agile as others of his kind, but he more than made it up with some of the most terrifying speed a bug Pokémon could achieve. The stabbing force behind a fly-by sting might hurt more than the venom to follow, were he to do so on offense. The wasp might be a good tool to use in the invasion... if he didn't have a lot of paradox Pokémon lined up to fight alongside Swift.

King Zing touched down near Robin, planting his foreleg stings in the ground to nail the landing. Feeling slowly returned to the Gym Leader's limbs as the loud, droning noise ceased. What a ride! It was a lot of fun, but did it ever make his thighs twitch.

The Gym Leader popped out his earplugs and withdrew the yellow insect once enough feeling had returned for him to stand on his own. "It's perfect. Not too cold and not too warm. I can't stand Hoenn's summer months; I've thought about closing the Gym in July... or at least having some kind of weather policy. Kyurem may have been more than a blessing than a curse after all." He would rather the Silent Icelands not existed at all, but cooler temperatures were a nice benefit. "Comes from living in Johto for so long." He chuckled at the Ranger's last line. "Maybe we should... arrange for a lesson or two in Extreme Speed sometime," he teased, humming over which of his land Pokémon he would saddle up for the last mile of deliveries. Ghalta and Xia's seats were filled with eggs, but he had a whole half-belt of others to consider...

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 16:03:20 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin started handing eggs over to the daycare workers as Josh spoke. "Really? I love the heat." The hot nights with ledyba in the sky and the sun barely going down hours after dinner were peaceful. "I got to hang out later at cemeteries growing up in the summertime. Lots of ghosts to see in the warm months, especially Phantump." She had good memories because of warm season. Her family preferred things icy cold, so she often got to enjoy the outdoors alone.

"Maybe a Glalie in the gym would help out. A small blizzard," she said with amusement. "I'm sure an Alolan Ninetails or something wouldn't be too distracting during a race if it's helping cool off. But I suppose water races are easier, then. Don't want pokemon to overheat." She could tell Josh's pokemon ran hard, but she didn't know how much that exertion wore them down. She shook her head at his offer; extreme speed was more like extreme sickness. She saw how fast his Dragonite was. Nuh-uh. She would content herself with watching extreme speed.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 21:42:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, likewise, began unloading the eggs Xia was carrying. While some of Ghalta's were to be delivered here, others required Josh to travel to another location a little deeper into town. "Comes with having lived in Johto for twenty years. You see, in Goldenrod, we get everything. Hundred-degree days in summer, below-zero in winter." The lake south of Goldenrod deep-froze almost every winter, making skating over it during the coldest months commonplace. Goldenrod National Park was a great place to go sledding, too. He had a Starmie-shaped inflatable sled that he loved to go whirling down hills with as a child.

The mention of an Alolan Ninetales made a somber, blue expression appear on Josh's face. The Ninetales that gave her life unexpectedly, leading to the Gym Leader's apprehension of Dynamax, came to the forefront of his mind. "Rime..." he trailed off, completely ignoring Robin's other points. He even slowed his rate of work, the very mention of the ice fox leaving him preoccupied...

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2024 16:29:45 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin couldn't imagine the extremes of Goldenrod. It sounded like the residents would need a lot of adjustments to get comfortable. She preferred consistency. While she did like the heat, the gentle weather of Dewford had been welcoming to grow up in. It just didn't come close to hot, muggy summer nights by the lake, under the stars. She felt like her best self in that scenario.

She deposited the last egg from Hydreigon's back into the daycare worker's hands as she heard something odd from Josh. He looked very distant at the moment, clearly not present with her. "Josh? You alright?" She didn't want to put a hand on his shoulder and jolt him, as people tended to not take such an abrupt action well when they were in their heads. Sinistea sensed Robin's discomfort and created aromatic mist to gently bring Josh's senses back to the present if he wasn't pulled back by the sound of Robin's voice.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 2:03:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It indeed took the AROMATIC MIST to wake Josh from his trance. "Sorry..." he trailed off before speaking up again. "I just got to thinking about Rime again. You know the reports from early January about Dynamax Pokémon dying? Especially ones at those souped-up Power Spots? Not the artificial ones you see in Gyms and the like. Real ones." He would rather move the Power Spot out of Mauville completely, but a Dynergy explosion from a mishap would level much of the city's center.

He hated Dynamax. Using it was risky, but doing away with it was even riskier. To Josh, it was like nuclear waste. Nothing good came from it, but there was no way to safely dispose of it.

"...Rime, my Alolan Ninetales, was one of the Pokémon that died that day." It was only the Sinistea's mist that kept Josh from spiraling downward again.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 16:01:59 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She had heard about the natural power spots, but she had never messed with the Dynamax technology because it was intimidating and, at the time, she had barely scratched the surface of mega evolutions. Still. That kind of loss was devastating. "That sounds horrible. I can't believe the authentic spots are so dangerous." It seemed unnatural for naturally occurring phenomena to take the lives of pokemon. But she didn't really understand how the power and energy mechanics of it worked.

"For what it's worth, all of your pokemon are very happy. Rime definitely had a great run. Um. If you don't mind me saying." She wasn't used to comforting people, not over the loss of a pokemon. She had not experienced it; Arceus willing, she never would.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,949 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 23:04:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh, while he looked solemn, didn't look as depressed as one would be for losing a close Pokémon. "It's not just Rime. I saw wild Pokémon use the Power Spot and die, too. We're still trying to understand how it works and why those Pokémon died. Haven't heard a peep out of Science yet," the Champion explained.

As Josh packed up and prepared for the return trip, he gave lunch a thought. "I try to make them happy. It's a project raising so many, and I've had to hire a small team to take care of them all. But it's so rewarding. And honestly, Mystic, Rime's brother, took it a lot harder than I did."

After dropping off their last delivery, Josh voiced his thoughts. "I can tell you more of the story over lunch, if you'd like. There's this wonderful sports bar on the west side of Fortree, called the Beautifly and Dustox. Used to go here frequently when I was stationed out of Fortree in the Rangers. You like Unovan cuisine and you like watching baseball, you'll be right at home. What say you?"

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
891 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
eggcellent service [m]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 15:21:58 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Based on what he was saying, Dynamax was still being studied. It was odd to think that it was legal to use when some iteration of it - that within natural, authentic spots - was deadly. She wondered just how different the artificial use was to avoid lethal levels of energy.

She was glad Josh wasn't going to be held down by the loss; he had more pokemon than anyone she'd ever met, and he worked dangerous jobs outside of his gym leader lifestyle. It was a recipe for disaster if he couldn't find some way to cope. "You're such a sap," she teased, "such a big heart and bigger collection of pokemon." She pushed his shoulder lightly to emphasize the teasing remark, then perked up at the sound of Unovan food.

"I'm in! I might have to ask a bunch of questions about baseball, but I definitely know my way around some grub." She grinned. "Race you there?"

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing