he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Trauma Aftermath [S/Josh]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 20:00:56 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

It had been weeks since his last assignment with Josh, where they had to help free Pokémon from a cruel scientist who wasn't opposed to experimenting on the poor Pokémon. For the most part, things had returned to normal.
[break][break]
He was doing everything he normally did. Nothing seemed wrong on the surface. But underneath, he was a wreck.
[break][break]
Since the mission, anytime he accidentally fell asleep, his nightmares were worse than ever. Now, the caged Pokémon and how they had looked entered his dreams. Sometimes, the dreams would warp so much that it would be him in the cage and his father would be looking in at him from the outside, with the same condescending expression on his face that had always made him feel small.
[break][break]
His grandparents, knowing him as well as they did, knew something was wrong. They were worried about him and kept trying to get him to talk to someone.
[break][break]
He refused.
[break][break]
He wouldn't be that weak.
[break][break]
However, maintaining the fact that everything was fine was hard. Eventually, he would slip up.
[break][break]
Unfortunately, that would involve not paying enough attention to what he was doing while he was cooking and burning his arm pretty badly. Badly enough to require time away from his ranger duties.
[break][break]
Of course, that didn't mean he was resting. Oh no, as soon as his grandparents, who had come over to make sure he was actually resting, had taken their eyes off of him, he had slipped away.
[break][break]
Now, he was just wandering aimlessly, with his thoughts elsewhere.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + thread takes place after doesn’t take a rocket scientist mission but before excursions

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2024 1:31:23 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
His string of assignments at Dewford, on top of blowing out the Rocket warehouse with , made Josh realize that war wasn't for him. Not the kind of war that was glorified on the silver screen. It wasn't that he didn't want to contribute to the League's war effort. He just wasn't the same type of combatant that people like and were. He had his own strengths, and he had to play to them.

What Josh and Ever did together was far outside his strength as a Gym Leader. If, hypothetically, being Raikou's friend and Avatar meant Josh had to go on missions like that, he would never sign the League contract.

He would find his own way to contribute to the war.

Having just finished his patrol hours, Zaborg and Josh raced one another toward Fortree City, Janus and Kamuy neck and neck. The Shiny Zeraora had learned much from his trainer, manipulating the Umbreon's reins as well as Josh did with those of his Espeon. As the two finished their impromptu contest of speed, Josh noticed his friend, , not far outside Fortree's gates. "Hi, Ever! Didn't expect to run into you here! How you been?"

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Janus         Espeon         Good
Kamuy         Umbreon        Good
Zaborg        Zeraora**      Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 18:27:52 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

While wrapped up his on thoughts he didn’t pay much attention to where he was going only wondering aimlessly. Eventually without him being aware of if he would’ve made it back to the gates that let into Fortree and it would only be after his thoughts had been interrupted that he would realize it.
[break][break]
A voice. A very familiar one pulled him out of his thoughts. Running into Josh was unexpected.
[break][break]
“That’s what I should be saying, I live around here,” he said making a vague gesture behind him before continuing. “Anyway I’ve been well enough.”
[break][break]
Not a straight answer. The kind of answer he gave could mean anything. He had never been the best at talking about his feelings.
[break][break]
Upon closer inspection Josh might notice the bandage wrapped around his forearm. Something that wouldn’t have been there the last time him and Josh had interacted.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 21:10:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Though Josh was cheerful at first, he quickly became distracted, both by the bandages around Ever's arm and dealing with the terrible loss that had been thrust upon him. To receive the Great One's blessing and be gifted with the Pokémon should have made him brim with excitement. "I wish I could say the same," his tone turned more somber. "You heard about Kyle, right...? I was really good friends with him." Was. It was still hard to cope with.

As Zaborg sharply pulled back on Kamuy's reins to get the Umbreon to rear high for the electric-type's entertainment, Josh clicked his tongue toward the duo - a sign to calm down. As his eyes shifted back toward Ever, he noticed the bandages on his fellow Ranger's forearm. "You sure you're okay? Those wounds..."

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 22:47:43 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Kyle?
[break][break]
Oh right, that had talked about someone named Kyle on the news, hadn’t they? He honestly hadn’t been paying that much attention. He only watched the news for the weather. Though he hadn’t actually paid much attention to that lately either.
[break][break]
His mind has been preoccupied with other stuff lately.
[break][break]
Still, he had the news pulled up on his laptop to get the general gist of what was going on. Well, at least enough to know he had died anyway. But the how and the where were as much a mystery as who Kyle was.
[break][break]
"Yes, I heard. I'm sorry that you had to lose a friend. Unfortunately, I never got the chance to meet him myself, but I’m sure he was a nice person.”
[break][break]
He really didn’t know what to say to the older male on the subject of his friend's death. He had never really been the comforting sort. It was kind of hard to live the kind of life he had. In fact, usually any attempt at comforting comes off as awkward for both parties.
[break][break]
Luckily, or maybe not so luckily, the topic was redirected to Ever’s well-being.
[break][break]
Oh, right, his arm.
[break][break]
“Cooking accident, guess that’ll teach me to let my mind wander while I’m cooking,” he said, trying for a joke that fell flat.
[break][break]
Considering how vigilant he usually was, often to the point of almost coming off as paranoid, it was surprising to anyone that he would slip up due to inattention.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 23:08:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A nice person? Just a nice person? Ever clearly didn't have a clue the kind of person Kyle was, Josh thought. "Thank you. He was...a hero. Not just for me personally, but for all of Hoenn. Melody's gonna have some gigantic shoes to fill. She's the region's Top Champion now." Part of Kyle and his Patron lived on inside Josh, the Great One's warmth comforting him for his heavy loss.

"...Yikes," Josh replied. "If you do a lot of cooking, an accident is inevitable. Hopefully it wasn't too painful. The kinds of accidents in my line of work are... a lot more dangerous." It was one of the reasons Josh, unlike many other casual Pokémon riders, geared all of his up. He needed every bit of help he could get when breakneck speeds were involved.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
240 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 15:57:36 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

A hero, huh?
[break][break]
To be honest, he didn’t really believe in heroes. A true samaritan, sure. But a true hero, no. Heroes just didn’t exist for people like Ever, people who hadn’t been dealt the best cards in life. However, that didn’t mean he would rain on someone else’s parade, so he simply nodded.
[break][break]
“Seems like quite the role model,” he simply said, as close as calling someone a hero he would get.
[break][break]
“I guess you could say I =do a good bit of cooking. I live on my own after all, and it’s quite unhealthy to eat out all the time, not unless I choose to order a salad for every meal or something like that,” he pointed out.
[break][break]
Though Ever didn’t seem the type, he was actually fairly health-conscious. Well, to some extent. He probably didn’t eat as much as he should, but he didn’t really have the best appetite either.
[break][break]
That aside, he cooked enough that he should know better to let his mind wander. It was actually a wonder it wasn’t worse. He could have set his place on fire instead by not paying attention. Instead, he had managed to only get away with a fairly bad burn. Speaking of…
[break][break]
"Actually, it’s bad enough that it’s been requested that I take a few days off from my ranger duties. They don’t want to risk slowing the healing progress. I’ll still be doing photography, though; I don’t see how doing that would slow the healing progress,” he explained to the older male.
[break][break]
Seriously, he really would rather not take time off. “I suppose I can’t just come in anyway? I would rather not have the free time to think.”[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights