Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2024 9:32:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was remarkable how fragile Howard's identity was in retrospect.

The only thing keeping him from being ousted was a full suit, a helmet with a voice modulator, and what little control was left to him. This jail had stripped his individuality and put him in a mask, a strange garb, and a nameless cell. There was nothing left but the prison he and this woman shared.

This cell was their world. It'd be their world until someone freed them.

"Route 119 had an incident back in, fuck..." His mind was slow on account of multiple factors. The person next to him, the situation, and the fear. "September. Megalopolans eating people and shit. Major conspiracy. I was there for a research paper, hunting a bear."

It seemed simple now. Childish. Chasing a paper had been the least of his worries back then.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 19:32:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]
[attr="class","avatarimg"]

[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","symbol"][attr="class","fas fa-fire"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Truth be told, she'd already read every report that came from that incident. Every perspective was documented, from start to finish, but without means of answering any of the questions presented, it was left to rot on her desk. Readied for the next break through to come ramming through her doors.
[break][break]
And now, locked in a jail cell with a stranger fluttering in and out of familiarity, she thought to find that ending. Or, at the very least, carve out the beginnings of it.
[break][break]
"Hm," she stared down at the man, eyes dissecting every piece of his garb, every inch of his mask. Although rage still raced through her body, firing off nerves like fireworks beneath the skin, she knew better than to let it leak out from the steel mask pressed against her face.
[break][break]
Where would that even lead her? Clawing at the bars? [break][break]

Maybe if had the strength possessed, or . [break][break]

Maybe if tactics came second nature to her, as it does for and .
[break][break]
Maybe if her strengths laid anywhere more useful than where they were, she would fight back, and force a method of escape. But they didn't. And all the while that fact plucked at her confidence, sending reminder after reminder of the state she's in, Penelope resorted to the resources at her disposal. [break][break]

Otherwise known as the only other living thing in her vicinity.
[break][break]
"And now we're here."
[break][break]
She didn't even bother gesturing towards their bleak surroundings.
[break][break]
"...did you happen to see, or hear of them outside of September?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".angel"]--accent:#A54339; --headercolor:#2E2B2B;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel b"]color:var(--accent); font:14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .inner"]padding: 30px 30px 30px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam"]width: 130px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins|Abril+Fatface]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2024 20:36:08 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Besides the war with them a few years ago?" Howard let out a laugh. "No."

A war that had started this region down its slow decline towards annihilation. Before then, the battles waged were material and concentrated. Once reality began to tear, that was when everything began to fall apart. It was when the histories began to fail, leaving those who studied it with only guesses.

There was no greater tragedy than the Ultra Beast War. It had only lasted for three days, though. There was plenty of time for it to be dethroned.

Howard looked out of the bars, where a Megalopolan marched past. Maybe there wasn't.

"And now we're here." He agreed.

Neither of them had the power of greatness at their fingertips. She was human. Stupid. Destructive. Fallible. He was someone who watched. He had no right to comment on matters of the present, or of the future. Only the past, always the past.

"If we get out of this, it will not matter if we see or hear them. This will be their final act of power. They do not mean for us to survive. We're part of a show. We will never leave this prison, but if we do..."

Behind the mask, an eye blinked.

"...it will not be the same."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 6:21:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

His words made her grimace. Like beings made of lead, their weight felt immense in the air, spelling out realities with poetic beauty.
[break][break]
"You're a negative one," she grumbled, her fingers twitching behind the wall of flesh her knees and thighs made. Being reduced down to a candlelight had already begun work on her body and mind. Even conversation was growing increasingly more difficult with time, as every additional second was spent resisting the temptation awaiting her call.
[break][break]
It nearly reminded her of Mt Chimney.
[break][break]
"You might be satisfied rotting in here, but I'd rather focus my energy on escape. So focus up and stop spouting bullshit."
[break][break]
Her glare pierced through the mask, her target obvious.
[break][break]
"Route 119 - think back on it. Did you notice any weakness with them? Think hard."

[attr="class","headerh"]

[newclass=".angel"]width: 490px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-radius: 5px; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; border: 1px solid # #2d2d2d; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel a"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 14px/16px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel i"]color:#ddd; text-decoration:underline solid #444; letter-spacing:0.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .sidebar"]width: 100px; padding-top: 20px; float: left; text-align:center; display: inline-grid; justify-content: center; justify-items: start; [/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .postbox"]color: #eee; font: 12px 'Poppins'; text-align: justify; margin-left: 120px; border-top: 1px solid; border-bottom: 1px solid; padding: 15px; border-color: #292929;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .avatarimg img"]width: 90px; height: 90px; float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin-left:-5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .chartag"]font:15px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); text-align:center; margin-top:40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .pkmnteam img"]margin-left: -30px; margin-bottom: -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".angel .headerh"]height:20px; background:var(--headercolor); opacity:0.5;[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; bottom: 28px; opacity: 0.3; right: 9px;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a"]font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; opacity:0.3; transition:0.7s all; color:#8f9f9f;[/newclass][newclass=".angel .mcredits a:hover"]opacity:1; font:bold 11px 'Poppins'; transition:0.7s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".angel .symbol"] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; color: #757575; font-size: 230px; opacity: 0.03; z-index: 2; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 7:03:54 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Negative? No, no. I believe we'll win. The Megalopolans have lost every battle they've fought. The war is over. We've won because mankind is fated to win. I simply..." He spread his hands like the cell was a palace instead of a tomb. "...see things. Many of us will see this through."

Penelope wouldn't, though. He'd find a way to kill her before this was over, if it ever was. It was the only way that their relationship could end, with blood splattering across tiles, soaking into sandals.

Only then would be at rest.

"They've figured out how to manifest things from Tera Crystals." The admin sucked air through his teeth as he leaned back in the cell, hunched in the corner like a rat. The one thread he shared with this woman was fear, though he was loathe to admit it. "If Tera Crystals draw things from the mind, we must exploit their way of thinking."

That was to say they had no exploitable weaknesses. Back on Route 119, they had been starving and desperate. It had been easy to exploit desperation. There was one thing that came to mind, though.

"They want to go home." Sentimentality and emotion led to the fall of great empires. It could help them here, too. "The biggest weakness of all is the heart."

He tapped his own for emphasis.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 7:34:12 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Again, the man started, firing off into the ramblings of a madman. Give it to Penelope to have the luck of being paired with someone so tainted. Ignoring the meat of his response, her attention zeroed in on the tail-end, where the first legitimate shred of intel laid.
[break][break]

"How ironic."
[break][break]

The aliens that kept fucking with her home wanted to go back to their home.
[break][break]

"And they think we can help with that?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2024 7:59:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The sun was hot, water was wet, and the menagerie hated the Mabosstiff.

"They certainly think so. Otherwise, we wouldn't be here. They need us for something." The admin crunched further into the darkness, as if doing so would prevent him from being noticed by the world around himself and Penelope. "Otherwise we would be dead."

Silence. A Megalopolan marched past the cell bars. The Toxic Chain glimmered in its magenta glory, a divine blessing from beyond the veil.

"Maybe they'll have us build another spaceship, since we wrecked the last one." He snorted as he turned back to Penelope. A long shadow was cast by the figure huddled in the dark.

"Can you get us out?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 6:10:35 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

and must be here then. Maybe even , too. The thought only darkened the councilwoman's gaze.
[break][break]
"No."
[break][break]
His question felt like a knife to the gut. A bright flash of a mirror shoving the truth down your throat. Realization hadn't fully seeped in, but the longer she sat on that cot, staring back at her weak reflection, the more the idiocy of fragile strength became apparent.
[break][break]
"When I try, this thing," she gestured toward the chain with a finger, "constricts. Makes any use of powers impossible."

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 6:39:00 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
That explained why everyone was still locked up. If Palkia's chosen were here and in control of her powers, she would cut through these bars like a knife through butter. Reality bent before the Alchemist, after all.

"The magenta chain." He almost insisted that Penelope keep trying, urging her to push through the shackles put on her by their captors. Maybe if she tried hard enough, human will would triumph. Maybe if she tried hard enough, the chain would choke the life from her.

Either way, he'd feel vindicated. The divine blessed both the frail and the mighty, but when placed on equal footing, the mighty would outweigh the frail.

He and Penelope were both pencil pushers, and as a result they were at their strongest when not on a battlefield. The only thing that separated them was her divine blessings from above. Without that, they were equal. Frail. Mortal. Breakable.

Breakable. Howard remembered something.

"The chain can be cut. I've seen it happen. There was a man who severed the chain with a Lokix." Howard stared at his foe from behind his mask. Hate overflowed from the hollow vessel in his soul. "Before you almost killed him."

"My friend."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 7:34:37 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]
At the initial start of his answer, there was this spur of excitement that fired off between her joints, sending her body leaning forward, her ears peeking upward. It was the type of rattling that comes to a child being told of the initial promise of candy. Of anything other than the schoolwork typically awaiting their trip back home.
[break][break]

But like with all things, there was a bitter end awaiting her.
[break][break]

"Oh."
[break][break]

The realization started empty. Lightly widened eyes, a grimace overtaking her face. Most of its effects were left hidden, tucked out of sight by the very masks binding them together.
[break][break]

"So it's you."
[break][break]

She paused, roots taking space in her mind, digging into the very core burning below the skin.
[break][break]

"Well, if he's here too, he probably wishes he'd stayed dead."

[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 8:06:45 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It was him.

He did not blame her for failing to recognize him. The admin was clad from head to toe in armor on the battlefield, to protect fallible flesh from being permanently marred. As an individual, he was known for his iconic hat, his glorious eyepatch, and his flamboyant personality.

As a cowboy, he was recognizable. As a prisoner, he was one of dozens. Easy to forget. Impossible to recognize.

A cog in the machine.

"I am me. You are you." The mask gleamed at her, a solemn mockery of the man behind it. A contemptous fool that desired nothing more than the destruction of his cellmate. A preserver of history, vowing to destroy. "And here we are, on even soil at last."

Silence. Shred Zeppelin was a loaded gun, easy for both Howard and Penelope to reach for, dangerous when fired.

"He will not." He stared at her. "He holds you accountable. You and Palkia's chosen."

Accountability. The eternal chain that held morality together, though it was less magenta than the chains around their necks.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 7:48:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

She snorted at the mention of .
[break][break]

"Palkia's chosen? Is that how you fuckers talk about avatars?"
[break][break]

The laughter barely hid the growing animosity thickening in the air, much less the spears jutting out from the slits of her mask, pointedly directed at his chest. Despite the crawling realization that struck, she hadn't forgotten the sins of his existence— the sins of his partner. Even standing there, breathing well through his nostrils, was a crude example of her failings, a direct slap to the face.
[break][break]

In some ways, he was no different than the chain linked around her neck.
[break][break]

"Don't get it mistaken:" The laughter paused, falling into a silence, "you and I will never be on equal footing. Not even here."
[break][break]

He was a child playing Shakespeare. An empty story doomed to repeat the same failings of the wounded soldier before him. The only impact his tales will bring is that of the bloodshed they contribute to.
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 8:04:07 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He laughed in her face. A cruel bark of barely constrained wrath, rage, scorn, and amusement mixed together into a vindictive starburst of emotion. It was the sound of a man who wanted to beat the life from his cellmate, but Howard knew that if he did so, the chain would choke the life from him.

There was no need to verify that hypothesis. No prison would allow its prisoners so swift a mercy as death.

"I am not like them. I am simply a cog in a machine. If I defect, I die. If I speak out, I die. Do you want to know why I attacked Palkia's chosen?" He chose to annunciate the word just to spite her. If he could not throttle her, he'd take the minute jabs he could get. "I wanted to test her..."

The mask hid everything. It was a relief to not have to hide himself. In Rocket, his body was his mask. If it failed him, his head would roll. Here? That was not required. It was a blissful release.

"...and I wanted to die. When the chips were down, and I realized I was outmatched..." Regret. Lamentation. "I could not follow through. I wanted to live. Too cowardly to fight, too craven to die."

He was silent for a spell.

"So why not be honest? Speak freely, you're trapped with a foe that cannot betray you, nor your trust." The mask laughed at her as Howard spoke in a mocking tone. "I'm no politician, nor can I blackmail you. I'm just someone who values the truth, and that makes us closer than any of your colleagues."

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,713 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 5:08:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","angel"]
[attr="class","headerh"]

[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","sidebar"]

[attr="class","chartag"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Palkia's chosen. Palkia's chosen. Palkia's chosen. Palkia's chosen. Palkia's chosen.
[break][break]
"Are you sure you're not a politician? You'd make a damn good one."
[break][break]
The more he spoke, the more iron seeped into the air, injecting truth into a battlefield of smoke and mirrors. Penelope's lips bit into a frown.
[break][break]
"Talking so much and saying so little - just get to the point of it already: you're weak. I could've told you as much."
[break][break]
How ironic it was, to brandish the very same insults used to cut her own. Still, she pressed onward, her stoicism cracking with every attempt at her pride.
[break][break]
"But if you want me to speak freely, then here: your life amounts to nothing more than the blood Rocket continues to spill. And if we are to die here, at our worst, I'm glad my final moments would be spent with someone of such little significance."
[break][break]
"And if you're satisfied with this pity party, I'll be honest again -- since you love the truth so much -- I don't care about your shit existence. What I care about is getting the fuck out of here, and if given the chance, offing every rocket rotting here with us. Starting with your friend, if possible."
[break][break]

[attr="class","headerh"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,783 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Your Death, I Covet [PP]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 5:07:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The mouthpieces for their masks remained unobstructed in order to ensure that the prisoners did not starve. He took a bite of the mochi that the guards had offered them. Better to feast and survive rather than whittle down into nothing. Starvation was a painful way to go, after all.

It was a painful way to go, and Howard was too craven to walk that path.

He spat at her. A globule of violet spit aimed at her mask, before dripping down into its crevices. As it congealed, the admin glared at her as he waited for his anger to cool. He would've acted out, if not for the blasted chains and guards. He would've tried his best to smash her skull against the wall.

Yet he was too meek, his demeanor too nonviolent. Despite that, it took every ounce of control not to throw it aside and embrace violence.

Howard came to a conclusion as he wrestled with that thought.

"You would make a good Rocket." That was the worst insult he could fling. "People like you are our best recruiters."

When faced with defection and death from both sides, it was best to keep one's head down and wait for things to smooth over. As he stared at the woman across from him, Howard came to a realization. This woman would never let things smooth over. This war would never end until she could turn everyone into ash and salt the earth they walked.

Total annihilation.

"You're a vindictive bitch, rotten to the core. Do you think that was us? We didn't make you the way you were. Your attitude is entirely your own, and the League's policies on amnesty are a toxin. How much of the League have you corrupted, I wonder?"

And yet...

"But still, as vindictive as you are, you did not soil the League." His mask laughed at her, hiding a voice filled with contemplation and retrospection. Howard browsed his centuries of studied history within his mind, before coming to a conclusion.

"The League soiled you."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights