hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 0:32:09 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Diana reached the depths of the chasm, ensuring that her path was not be tracked or followed. She was to meet with to continue work, examining the tera crystals that were still growing down below.

She brought along a surprise for him as well. Whether or not he'd agree to the experiment was the question.

"I'm here," she announced, ducking into the makeshift lab. It had become all too familiar at this point.

Everything seemed to come back to the chasm.

[attr="class","dianatag"] | zero to one hundred
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.diana] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.diana b] color: #A59DED; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.diana i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.diana u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 7, 2024 18:04:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As the royal opened, the admin looked up from his workbench. Shattered Tera Crystals glimmered like bits of stardust.

"So you are." The admin blinked once slowly as he inspected her. Remiel Calcifet's concubine. The one with the obsession with Tera Crystals. He checked his watch, and returned to his work. Glimmering shards were split into piles, sorted by color.

They clinked like glass as the admin sorted them further.

"The lab has been boring without you around. You asked to meet with me."

A statement, not a question.

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 0:59:04 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]"It almost sounds like you missed me. How sweet," Diana teased, coming to sit at the table across from him.

She looked over the tera shards that were in front of him, different colors. Reds, blues, purples, all shimmering in the light. They were gorgeous.

But she wasn't here to stare at them.

"I did. I wanted to investigate with you again. However, I wanted to ask... how would you feel about investigating a Pokemon as well?"

Diana placed her luxury ball on the table.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.diana] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.diana b] color: #A59DED; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.diana i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.diana u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.dianatag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 1:10:15 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
As the Luxury Ball wobbled on the table, Howard's eye flicked up.

"Despite that, you're back here. Are you sure you didn't miss me?" The admin's face reflected in the brilliant spectrum of crystals. He had not forgotten how she had stormed off from him. That did not bother him as much as it did either.

Admin Fox did not have the weight of his colleagues. His power was a soft one. A gentle hand guided by the machinations of money and power.

"I'm listening." He plucked up the ball and inspected it. Expensive. Fashionable. Befitting of royalty. "What's inside?"

He had a suspicion.

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 3:39:48 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Diana only snorted, refusing to answer his question. Instead, she looked at her luxury ball on the table, taking it back into her hand.

"Let me show you."

Ensuring that there was enough space for it to stand around and move, she tossed the ball. And out of it, stood: WALKING WAKE.

"It may seem familiar to you, hmm?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 9:04:53 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
True to Diana's word, it was indeed familiar. Too much so, even. After digging around in the Giant Chasm for so long, Howard had grown to foster a deep hatred for Walking Wakes.

One had taken his Aerodactyl's eye out, after all. Birds of a feather often flocked together, and all that. Nonetheless, Howard kept his composure. The only hint at his distaste was the narrowing of an eye. Howard resisted the urge to scramble backwards. Instead, he focused on his work.

"I recognize it. It'd be rather hard to forget this one." Howard's eye fell from the Walking Wake to its trainer. "It's recovered well from being frozen."

If Regice hadn't needed to recharge so often, if its body hadn't grown so weak, this beast would've been naught but a stain on the wall of the cave it had been fought in.

"What'd you want to do with it? What hypothesis are you testing? What theory are you attempting to prove?"

Ever the scholar. Ever the academic.

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2024 22:50:56 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]"It's doing more than well. It's almost as if it was never frozen." Diana stood from the table, approaching the paradox beast as she would any of her normal Pokemon.

It did not hiss or thrash at her. Instead, WALKING WAKE regarded her with a steady gaze, giving a bow of its head as she reached out and touched it. She stroked its body, causing it to shudder from the touch.

"It's adapted like a normal Pokemon. Of course, it is by my command. Strange, don't you think?"

Diana turned her head back to , tilting her head.

"We know that these Pokemon have a connection to the tera crystals. How well do we know that? We have the opportunity to see if the tera crystals can enhance its powers or have any other effects now, since it's no longer wild. Do you think you're willing to take on that experiment?"

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 9:40:35 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"You're still on about this?"

Diana's insistence on utilizing Tera Crystals was something that he had quickly realized was a dangerous obsession. Few forces in this world could be safely harnessed, least of all a substance that barely existed on this planet. The royal made no attempt to mention Galar, but Howard suspected that her motives were still for the salvation of the region.

Forget Galar. Who was going to save Hoenn? He couldn't order her to stop. Well, he could, but he suspected being told no wouldn't stop her. She could always get permission from another admin or scholar if she wished.

Better him than another. Only he held a cautious respect for the power of Tera Crystals. Their power was great, but the human mind's potential for malice was not to be underestimated.

"Very well. I'll get my coat." The admin stood up. "Gather what you need. and wait for me outside."

Messing with these crystals inside the lab seemed like a recipe for disaster, and Howard did not feel like stirring trouble for himself within the walls of his domain.

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 22:17:06 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]"We both want to know more about them, don't we? We can help each other, Howard. I assure you, I won't go bothering you with my ideals again. You've made it clear that they appear fictitious."

Whether or not he'd buy that Diana was retreating away from the use of tera crystals to bring back her home was of no concern to her. It was true that she did want to find out how they worked and how they could interact with a Pokemon such as her WALKING WAKE, for other purposes.

Perhaps, for Rocket's sake.

"I'll meet you there." Diana recalled the paradox beast, grabbing her luxury ball and several things that could potentially be of use, going outside into the chasm to wait for the admin to join her.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 0:37:02 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Hell would freeze over before Howard believed that Diana would give up on her ideals.

Royalty was a concept that only existed due the unending proclamation of those who held it. The act of inheriting a family name through succession was what gave royalty and nobility their power. If they did not insist upon their noble roots, the names of nobles and their weight upon the world would be forgotten.

This was the type of woman who asked for his help. As a representation of the traditions she held so dearly, to turn away from her ideals was to forsake her lineage as a Galarian noble.

No, she would not let go of her dream, just as he would not let go of his. To do so was to betray herself on the most fundamental of levels. Diana was many things, but she was not that. Few people were.

"..." As he stood at his locker, the admin's hand reached for Shirley's Pokeball. The Aerodactyl was his closest Pokemon, his first and only. Yet she had almost died fighting a Walking Wake. "Shirley."

His hand pulled away. Not today. He reached for Regice's Pokeball and marched out to meet Diana.

"There's a Tera Crystal formation close by." The admin pointed by jerking his head. "Only a few hundred meters. I'll lead the way."

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 23:11:48 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Of course, Diana had no idea what these paradox Pokemon had done to his beloved starter. Because the moment he appeared near her from the lair, his emotions were blanketed by professionalism that any admin should have.

So they continued onward.

"Are you bringing it?" she asked, referring to the REGICE he had brought along the first time they had explored Area Zero. She still found the walking shard of ice quite lackluster. "I hope it's recharged substantially since our last encounter with the wild WALKING WAKE."

It wasn't intended to be a jab. It was in both their best interests that REGICE be in top shape if things went wrong.

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 21:38:17 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"It was just tired, then. It'll do fine now." Howard laughed lightly. "Trust me."

He lied as easily as he breathed. Every day that passed, Howard became more and more convinced at the golem's lowering output. The Regice he held now was nowhere near as mighty as the one from the Island Cave. Nonetheless, he would not tell Diana the truth on its condition.

It was best to let people wonder, and to form their own conclusions. They were likely to be wrong.

Besides, it was still his strongest Pokemon. The only thing he held that could wage war against the various threats of Area Zero. He had let Shirley get hurt. Never again. His Aerodactyl would not shoulder the burden of battle.

"There." He pointed at a glimmering mound of Tera Crystals that jutted out of the cliff like a tumor. "What's your plan? Terastalize it and hope?"

close tab

played by

red

Di
she/her
september 12
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
delegate
grunt
but you know
that you're toxic
5'5" height
5'5" height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @diana
Diana Cavendish
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 20:16:50 GMT
Diana Cavendish Avatar
[attr="class","diana"]Even though Howard insisted that it was fine now, Diana still harbored some disbelief toward his statement. But, for both of their sakes if things turned drastically wrong, she hoped that he was right.

She also hoped that she wasn't sending them both into their doom with her incessant curiosity.

Her eyes followed the length of his finger as he pointed toward the stack of crystals awaiting their arrival. A feeling of greed and desire overcame her, as if she was a man starving for a meal after wandering the Mauville desert for days on end. It was finally in her grasp.

"Isn't that how all experiments are performed? We hope and pray for our results to end in our favor."

Diana's lips curled in a glimmer of a smile as she shared one last glance with Howard before releasing her WALKING WAKE. It, too, seemed drawn to the tera formation like its trainer. The crystals triggered a reaction, like it would any other Pokemon. It terastyllized, its skin turning crystalline in form as it roared.

She waited. Waited.

What?

That's all?

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,784 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
puzzling paradox
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 4:39:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Typically, when one performed an experiment, they were typically attempting to validate a theory. Not that Howard expected much from a royal. He doubted that she ever even went to college, or suffered through university. Hell, she probably had been given everything on a silver plat-

It always came down to that line of thought. Every time he had a chat with a Galarian noble, Howard automatically thought of him. His predecessor. The one who had held the title of 'Admin Fox'.

He steadied his breathing as he inspected the Walking Wake.

"You have Terastalized it. Nice work." His voice was dry enough to make a desert seem like a vast ocean. "That's pretty standard. I suspect that the energy readings would be in line with other specimens..."

A typical Terastal reaction, as far as Howard knew. He tended to avoid Terastalizing his Pokémon. The energy readings, though... Howard reached for his belt and found nothing.

Damn. He wished he had 's energy reader on him. The beast would've likely wanted the readings for Project Infinity.

"We can do a field test, if you want. I'm admittedly no battler, but it's up to you." He attempted to console her, as if this experiment hadn't been a complete waste of his time. "Regice would make for a sufficient foe."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights