Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SOMNIA [MM]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 15:08:46 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

As soon as Zev opened his eyes, he knew at once he was no longer in that dark, filthy prison cell. The Toxic Chain around his neck was gone, and he was wearing his usual black suit and tie, not the peach-scented outfit the Megalopolans had given him. [break][break]

And above him, skyscrapers of alien architecture lanced toward a beautiful, clear sky. [break][break]

Immediately, Zev took stock of his surroundings. People walked by without paying him any heed. Upon closer inspection, he noticed the blue tinge of their skin and recognized them at once for what they were: Megalopolans. [break][break]

Where am I? the man wondered as he started down the street. It was unlike any world he'd visited before, though the prism-shaped buildings looked familiar. Where had he seen them before? [break][break]

He walked for a while, attempting to get his bearings and the lay of the land. Eventually, he stumbled upon a building that reminded him of a daycare center. It was empty inside, save for a few glass displays filled with fluid and the unconscious forms of Pokémon. [break][break]

And then there was the woman, standing in the center of the macabre exhibit. [break][break]

"Nenet? What are you doing here?" Zev asked, recognizing her. Bewildered, he approached and reached out to touch her, as if to confirm she was real and not a hallucination. [break][break]

In the quiet privacy of that empty building, they did not have to worry about playing pretend.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission | in the dream world

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px "Noto Sans";[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
SOMNIA [MM]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 14:16:18 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Nenet's eyes had opened to the flash of neon lights, skyscrapers, and unfamiliar streets: Megalopolans wandered about, a typical rush hour in any city, and her mouth glued shut as she caught sight of sharp teeth amidst the scattered conversations.
[break][break]
Trying not to draw attention to herself, she slinks into an empty building, one that reminded her of a daycare centre, and was met with the ghastly sight of her Pokemon floating unconscious in vats filled with fluid.
[break][break]
She isn't sure how much time passes as she watches their unconscious bodies, her feet rooted to the floor, only that she has no answers to her current predicament and she has no idea how she's gotten here. A sudden sound causes her to jump, and eyes wide, she turns to find Zev of all people standing at the entrance.
[break][break]
"Zev?" she asks, disbelieving and relieved. There was no one around to see her catch his hand, to draw his hand to her cheek to feel the warmth of his palm.
[break][break]
"I don't know how I got here." Golden eyes search Zev's features as she speaks, her body slowly relaxing as she tells herself over and over again that Zev must be real.

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: In the Dream World.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SOMNIA [MM]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 17:17:32 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nenet was warm and solid under Zev's palm, more real than anything else in that bizarre city. Her golden eyes were wide with a storm of emotions: confusion, disbelief, uncertainty. Instinctively, he raised his free hand to caress her other cheek, fully cupping her face in both hands, and pulled her in for a kiss. [break][break]

Yes, this was his wife, he thought confidently as his mouth moved against hers. Not an illusion, but a real woman of flesh and blood. [break][break]

Reassured, Zev drew away, but only enough to look Nenet in the eye. "What was the last thing you remember?" he asked, still holding her. One of his thumbs stroked the corner of her bottom lip. [break][break]

"I remember being in a prison cell with you, and we had these things around our necks, and masks on our faces." The more he recalled, the more his brow furrowed. "And there was another mask that looked like it was made of Tera Crystals." [break][break]

The one that had shown him his deepest, truest desire.

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px "Noto Sans";color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Laika Boss

Nenet
She/Her
October 13
Ula'ula, Alola
Supply Coffee
Astrobiologist
Executive / Beast's Wife
There are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy
awards
532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nenet
Neffatari Nzingha
SOMNIA [MM]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 9:41:49 GMT
Neffatari Nzingha Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nenet1"]
[attr="class","nenet1body"]

Nenet returned the kiss, her hands coming to rest over Zev's wrists where she held onto him; her fingertips lightly rest over the point of his pulses, reassuring her of his presence.
[break][break]
"We went back to the prison cell and you took the floor." She winces subtly as she speaks, something akin to sympathy colouring Nenet's expression as she looks over Zev. "But I remember the mask too," she adds, her voice low and pensive.
[break][break]
"I think it was just a manifestation of my wants - nothing real. It showed me life forming."
[break][break]
Nenet sighs, feeling as if she's been run into the ground. Tipping her chin towards the nearby vats holding her own Pokemon, she asks, "Have you found yours?"

NOTES

- .[break]
- Mission: In The Dream World.[break]
- Endeavor: use the idiomatic noun "run (something/someone) to the ground" in an ic-post.

[attr="class","nenet1pkmn"]

[attr="class","nenet1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nenet1"]--accent:#EDE574;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nenet1 .nenet1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,669 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
SOMNIA [MM]
POSTED ON May 5, 2024 15:36:47 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

So Nenet remembered the same things Zev did. Every meeting with another prisoner only reinforced his theory: that they were all experiencing a collective dream. It was a golden opportunity. [break][break]

At her gesture toward the displays, he finally turned his attention toward them. Releasing her from his grasp, he walked toward one, recognizing its inhabitant as her Pyroar. The Pokémon was unconscious, floating with eerie stillness in some unknown liquid. [break][break]

"Not yet," Zev said, tapping on the thick glass. Nothing happened. "This is my first time seeing this." [break][break]

He looked over his shoulder at Nenet. [break][break]

"I intend to keep wandering the city until we wake up, so I'll keep an eye out for them. I want to try finding others from Team Rocket, too, if I can. I ran into Underboss Quinn and Admin Bee already, and they're just as lucid here as we are." [break][break]

Stepping away from the glass cases, he returned to her side. "We can use this chance to figure out an escape plan."

TAGS[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[googlefont="Noto Sans"]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights