TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Lucid Dreamopolis: Josh [M]
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 17:21:12 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","andreatest6"]
[attr="class","body"]

How long had she spent in this lucid dreamscape? Hours? Days? Who could tell? After all, a lifetime could be condensed into just a few moments of sleep.
[break][break]
This iteration of Ultra Megalopolis was a stark contrast from its Lesser counterpart. It was dazzling, thriving, and teeming with life. And the best part? None of these Megalopolans wanted to eat her!
[break][break]
However, they were not very helpful either. Although some of them resembled their guards, when questioned about the Toxic Chain or the mysterious ‘never-rot’, they only responded with looks of profound confusion.
[break][break]
At last, Andrea spotted a face that wasn’t blue, and her joy was immeasurable, for it was the unmasked face of a friend she held very dear. “Josh! I’m so happy to see you!” The young PokéManiac pounced on him, enveloping Hoenn’s newest Champion in an emotional hug.
[break][break]
Then came a grim realization. “Wait…” She broke the hug, staring at him worriedly. “If you’re here, does that mean they got you too?” She asked, praying that her intuition was wrong.

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- referencing the fifth mod post[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".andreatest6"]--accent:#d4a53c;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 21:57:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The skyscrapers of Ultra Megalopolis were so tall that many of its streets never saw the light of day, sunlight blocked by their impossible height. Futuristic-looking lights filled gaps in the sunlight. The racer's eyes drifted upward; some of those buildings had to be a mile tall, spanning hundreds of floors. He had read many science fiction novels set hundreds or even thousands of years in the future, the land covered by arcologies capable of packing millions of people into a colossal structure less than a square mile in size. Settings where a trillion people populated the planet. Settings where the human race's exponential growth necessitated they build upward rather than outward. Ones where a Space Elevator existed, making travel to the moon by cable car possible rather than by space shuttle.

This world, though, was flooded with blue-faced Megalopolans. Josh instinctively reached for his belt of Poké Balls, only to find it missing in the dream world, too. Truly there was no escaping their fate in the jail of the Loyal Three... not even in the recesses of their minds.

The pouncing hug blindsided Josh, causing even the Champion to tilt off balance and fall on his side. "They did. Almost every high-profile League official, too," Josh replied in an equally grim tone. "I've heard so many voices I would recognize anywhere."

{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2024 9:03:05 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

“What are we gonna do?” The girl looked pleadingly at him like he was some kind of all-knowing problem solver. “I tried stealing one of the crystals. I figured if we could get enough of them, we could make a legendary Pokémon appear just like in Area Zero. But the monkey found out, and… he killed Meatloaf.”
[break][break]
The memory of the Salamence’s Pokéball being crushed filled her with sadness and regret. She wanted so desperately to believe it was just a bad dream, and that she would soon wake up at home on her cozy bed, but she knew that was not the case. If they wanted to ever see home again, they needed to do something.
[break][break]
A sudden surge of inspiration hit her. “What about Raikou? Can’t you summon him and have him get us outta here?” She knew that Josh’s bond with the ashen beast was relatively new, but it was the only shred of hope out of a dwindling pool of options.

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".andreatest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".andreatest6 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 1:49:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's heart sank when he heard what happened to Meatloaf. "I... I almost tried to take one myself. I wouldn't have known what to do with myself if they killed Raikou... or worse yet, killed Swift. I'm so sorry for your loss. Perhaps I'm fortunate that the...big guy..." he referred to Okidogi, "he just whipped me above my knee."

Josh frowned. Swift would be a wonderful help, wouldn't he? There was just one problem with it: the RAINBOW FEATHER was missing. Making sure they were far away from any intersections where their voices may have been recorded, he lowered his voice to just above a whisper. "Believe me, I would. I've wanted you to meet Swift for what feels like forever now. There's just... a big problem with that. I haven't seen the Great One's Rainbow Feather since I woke up in that cell."

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 11:08:18 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"They must've taken all our items when they put us in those stupid clothes." Andrea surmised after being told that Josh's Rainbow Feather was gone. The wardens would definitely never allow him to keep such a powerful artifact in his possession. Same thing probably went for items such as Sygna Suits and Mega Rings.
[break][break]
"You think they might be keeping the feather and all our other stuff wherever they're keeping our Pokéballs?" The dragon enthusiast continued. It was a decent assumption that meant that if they found one thing they would also find the other. That was easier said than done, though.
[break][break]
"There's another way..." The girl whispered, mimicking Josh's tone of voice. "The ogre. She's a prisoner just like us, and she's being controlled by a Toxic Chain--multiple of them, actually. If we can somehow free her, she might be as much help as Raikou would be."

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 20:51:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With how secured the cells were, complete with chains that would whip and poison them into submission if they tried pulling a fast one, getting the feather back would be difficult if not impossible in their current state. "Tell me about it. With it being so cold inside, I wonder how far north we are. Certainly doesn't get that cold in Hoenn anywhere but Shoal Cave and the Icelands." At night, it felt like the Icelands, his teeth having clattered quite a bit before he fell asleep.

"Wouldn't surprise me," Josh replied. "That feather's useless to them as is. They don't know the Sign." It was one extra layer of security the Great One had provided Josh to ensure her Beast child was not used by anyone but his rightful wielder. "You know, the League email that went out about it? That Sign."

The mention of Ogerpon made Josh perk up, recalling such a Pokémon that narrowly avoided trampling him in the Mochi pit. "Oh, really? We'll have to keep a close eye on her."

The metropolis was haunting; as thriving as it was, it sure had a lot of abandoned buildings. His eye caught a tube similar to the ones from the hallways: grotesque and filled with an unknown liquid. "Andrea..." he trailed off, stopping to peer inside the window more closely.

{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 21:44:27 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Being reminded about the cold was unnecessary. It was as if she could still feel the piercing waters pouring down from the ceiling of that mochi-infested pit. Hypothermia was yet another entry in the long list of things that could kill them in that hellish prison.
[break][break]
Josh did raise a good question, though: Where were they exactly. "I dunno. There's a ton of Tera Crystals around, so... Area Zero maybe? That's close enough to the Icelands." Andrea guessed, but it was all conjecture with no solid evidence.
[break][break]
"Even if they knew the sign, isn't Raikou supposed to only take orders from you?" The thought that such a powerful creature could be turned against them was scary. Especially if all it took was the equivalent of stealing someone's credit card and PIN.
[break][break]
Her friend directed her attention to one of the test tubes housing a pocket monster whose form was yet unseen. "Who's that Pokémon..." Andrea inquired, squinting her eyes hard at the obscured figure.

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 2:19:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Unnecessary? Yes. Did Josh feel the need to voice his thoughts to vent his frustrations? Yes. "It's honestly not a bad guess," the Champion agreed. "Even so, Area Zero itself is not as cold as the Icelands. It was pleasant down there. We would have froze our butts off riding Raikou down there, remember? It feels like such a distant memory now..."

Josh frowned as she mentioned Swift's perceived loyalty. "There's too much I don't know about Swift yet," he replied. "All I know is of his speed, his loyalty, and that the only move he can use is Spark." Little did he know that the ashen Raikou he named Swift was a reflection of its wielder; a blank slate reflective of the one who drew the Sign.

"I don't know; I'm going to get a closer look." He creaked open the door to see unspeakable horrors: emaciated Pokémon in glass tubes similar to the ones they had seen in the halls of the prison. Inside one was the Pokémon Josh spotted before: a yellow and black quadrupedal cat whose four legs looked uncomfortably stretched. It was a Pokémon very precious to him.

A Zeraora.

"...Raikiri! No!!" Josh wailed in despair, the unconscious Pokémon covered in cuts festering with the venom of a TOXIC CHAIN.

{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 11:03:06 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

If the only move known by the beast was Spark, then it would not be much of a threat if it turned against them. That thought briefly crossed the young woman’s mind, but she did not say it out loud, for she knew how much Josh valued his feline companion.
[break][break]
Speaking of feline companions, the being inside the tube turned out to be none other than Raikou’s weird cousin, Zeraora. Not just any Zeraora, but the one he valued almost as much as the big cat itself. Andrea hugged her despairing friend from behind. “I know how you feel… Chomper was in a tube just like that one. We can’t break them out. Trust me, I tried…” She said consolingly.
[break][break]
There was a silver lining in all this. If their Pokémon were in the dream world too, that meant they were alive, at least for now. There was a chance, however small, to save them. “Wherever they are in the real world, we’ll get them out. I won’t let any more of them die…”

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 0:56:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If Andrea couldn't break Chomper out through any means she tried, then it was hopeless for Josh, as well. Josh was dexterous and quick-minded, able to control nearly any mount no matter how fast it got. Rayquaza was the only one that had defeated him at his own game, making him vomit as they swooped upward from the back half of a Dragon Ascent, the sea itself parting from the wake of the DELTA STREAM ripping through at stellar speeds.

If he ever got out of this jail, and this dream, he would have to return the favor to . The doctor had taken Josh aboard the fastest Pokémon in the air. It was his turn to take her on the back of a legendary Pokémon and make unforgettable memories.

"...I'm not so sure," Josh replied. "When you saw Chomper, did they look... otherwise unharmed? I ran into Resheph not too long ago, and she looked like she was on death's door."

{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 16:28:07 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It didn't take a psychic to tell that Josh was daydreaming about racing. It was his happy place, after all. Andrea, too, wished she could be playing with her Pokémon in her family's ranch, hanging out with the girlygang, or soaring the skies in her Sygna Suit.
[break][break]
"Chomper was unharmed... I hope. He was breathing, but he didn't respond to me at all. It was like he was hibernating." The dragon lover explained, glancing over the tube where Raikiri was. "You think others might look more sickly because they've done something to them?"
[break][break]
She didn't want to even think about it, but there was a very real chance that the Megalopolans were running experiments on their Pokémon. They had seen hints of advanced technology through the Tera Crystal feeds. Could there be a laboratory somewhere?

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 23:07:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had taken his career for granted, not realizing just how much he enjoyed it until it had been taken away from him. While his relationships weren't as tight-knit as the girlygang, he had his circle, too. How was doing filling the role of Interim Gym Leader while he was gone? Smoothly was all he could hope for.

"That's what has me scared," Josh replied. "I... I think something horrible has happened to Resheph. She looked really sick. Sicker than I've ever seen any dragon before. I'd like to hold out hope, but... I'm not optimistic she'll make it."

With tubes both here and in the world outside the dream, ones that looked very much alive rather than inanimate objects, there was a very real possibility that cruel and unusual experiments were being performed on the winding noodle of happiness Josh loved flying on.

Josh had to turn away from Raikiri; he couldn't bear to see his prized Pokémon suffer any longer. "What about... that masked Pokémon in the pit? Could you get a read on it at all?" he asked Andrea, the PokéManiac far more emotionally in-tune with Pokémon than Josh was.

{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 9:18:29 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

"Wow... That bad, huh?" Andrea's heart went out to Josh and his poor sky noodle. If she saw any of her own Pokémon looking that sick while she was unable to do anything about it, she would be beside herself with worry. Not knowing what would happen filled her with fear.
[break][break]
But there was a ray of hope in the form of the aforementioned ogre. "I don't think she was actually masked. She just had a bunch of Toxic Chains wrapped around her face, so it looked like she was masked." From that, one could surmise that it was a powerful Pokémon that did not yield easily to the never-rot's influence.
[break][break]
"Poor thing must've suffered even more than we have... but we'll save her!" The young woman proclaimed, manifesting optimism in a place utterly devoid of it. "If everyone suffering in the wards is also in this dream world, then surely she must be here too! I'll find her and explain to her that we're her friends!"
[break][break]
With that, she eagerly ran off, overly excited to embark on her new mission. Cupping her hands around her mouth, the eccentric girl did an impression of the ogre's cry so convincing, it even spooked some of the Megalopolans on the streets. "PON! PON! PON!"

[break][break]

NOTES

- PRISON PASTIMES[break]
- unchained and unmasked

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,017 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 8:32:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"She's one tough Pokémon to fight through that," Josh replied, referring to the venom of the TOXIC CHAINS. "Makes me wonder how much longer she's been there. Weeks? Months?" They could only speculate. Andrea's thoughts, were Josh able to read them, he would have agreed with: the Pokémon had to be strong. Very strong. Just one lash of Okidogi's chain was enough to make Josh's leg thump all day, and even through the night. It was a wonder he was able to dream at all.

"You have my support the entire way," Josh assured the dragon trainer. He didn't know what he could do, but at the very least, he could offer thoughts and prayers to the Great One... wherever they may be after their Avatar's death. He flinched upon hearing the nearly identical impression of Ogerpon's cry coming from the eccentric lady. "Wait!" he cried, chasing after her. Before he could even come close to catching up, his lucid vision faded, his eyes opening to the musty cell and .

{PC: 7}
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON May 3, 2024 0:22:22 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: