he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
Dream a better dream [PP;Josh]
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2024 3:38:39 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]EVERYDAY BY MYSELF I’M BREAKING DOWN

[attr="class","setting"]

Okay, where was he?
[break][break]
The last thing he remembered was nodding off in his cell. So shouldn’t he be opening his eyes there, breathing raggedly from one of the usual nightmares that plague him? Not waking up in a place he had never set eyes on before?
[break][break]
Eyes wide, he continued to look around, trying and failing to figure out why he would wake up in a place like this. His imagination was nowhere good enough to come up with something like this; in fact, he was sure his imagination was too dark to actually come up with something like this.
[break][break]
Mentally shaking himself, he quickly recovered his composure before making his way through the strange new city he had found himself in. Though he was sure it wasn’t real, he told himself it wouldn’t hurt to look around.
[break][break]
It was upon exploring that he would see someone he was hoping he wouldn’t. Not because he didn’t like this person, but because his being here meant he was also in danger. Just the thought of someone he cared about being in such a precious situation made his stomach churn.
[break][break]
“Josh!” he called out, already running towards the other figure. A figure he would know anywhere just because of how much time they had spent together on missions as well as outside of them.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + notes

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 2:24:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was not just in desperation mode, but in damage control mode, as well. His RAINBOW FEATHER was missing. He had found Resheph, his precious Dragonair, in a test tube and dying, if not already dead. In another derelict daycare a few blocks from the one where he had found Resheph's emaciated body, a far worse horror befell his eyes.

"...Raikou!!" Josh wept, seeing the Raging Bolt trapped inside the liquid-filled glass cage. While Resheph looked dead or nearly dead, the "Hoennian Raikou" looked well other than being unconscious. Perhaps even just asleep.

Before he could get too lost in his worries, had started shouting his name. The Champion turned around to see the Ranger he had worked hard to raise into a talent high in Hoenn's ranks. "...First , then , and now you?" His heart sunk. How were they all in the same dream? And how many others had seen him and the Raging Bolt?

"Guess... guess the cat's out of the bag now," Josh replied, tilting his head down. "I caught Raikou."

{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 17:41:00 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He didn’t know the other people Josh mentioned. However, now was not the time to be thinking about people he hadn’t met yet being here. No, what mattered now was ensuring the older male was well. His friend Josh’s well-being was important to him.
[break][break]
“I know what you mean. I thought I heard you vote earlier, but...” he trailed off, unsure how he should go about saying what he wanted. Worried he might offend one of the people he considered a friend, Josh should know him well enough to know he didn’t mean anything with what he said.
[break][break]
With that in mind, he pressed on with what he had been about to say. “I was hoping that I was mistaken. I had just imagined the sound of your voice.”
[break][break]
He didn’t have to see that he hated the thought of friends being in harm's way. If he knew Josh, he was pretty sure he would be thinking something along the same lines. One would be pretty heartless to not care about the possibility of their friends being hurt.
[break][break]
Not that he really wanted anyone to be hurt. It was just that his friends took priority when it came to worrying. He knew them better than anyone else, after all.
[break][break]
The older male's voice pulled him out of his thoughts, confusing him for a minute until he noticed the Raging Bolt. Someone else might’ve pointed out that that wasn't really Raikou. Someone who cared enough. He wasn’t that kind of person, though. Instead, he simply nodded before speaking.
[break][break]
“That’s good. I managed to acquire the one that looks like Entei. They won’t be here though; they weren’t on me when I was nabbed,” he said, his thoughts straying to his gouging fire as well as the other Pokémon that hadn’t been on him during his abduction. Were they missing him?
[break][break]
What about his grandparents?
[break][break]
Before he could think too much about it, and because he was depressed, he mentally shook himself. Deciding a distraction was in order, he decided to get back to the original task of finding out about his companions well-being.
[break][break]
"Anyway, pokemon aside, how are you? In the waking world, I mean? You’re not hurt, are you?”[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#F1948A; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/Px9QpS0r/IMG-2288.webp);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 1:52:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"More than just them, too," Josh clarified. "I've heard way too many familiar voices." He banged on the glass, even looked for an object nearby to smash the glass with. No matter what he did, he could not breach its confines. "Raikou's dying in there. And Hoenn needs him more than ever before." He stopped cold when he heard of Ever acquiring a Gouging Fire of his own. "...Just how many of the Hoennian Beasts are there?" Maybe he had blown things out of proportion in his email to the League regarding the trio of paradoxes resembling the fastest land Pokémon in the world. "...We need to talk about this on the other side."

Josh frowned when asked about his health. "I... am hurt," he revealed shamefully. "The master of our ward whipped me with his chain." He lifted up the leg of his Ranger uniform, revealing the awful wounds left by the TOXIC CHAIN. Wounds that would not heal easily due to the chains' venom.

{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2024 20:26:03 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

At the mention of hearing the voices of people he recognized, he couldn’t help but wince. "Yeah, aside from your voice, I thought I heard as well,” he said with a small frown. The idea that so many well-known people could be here was worrying. However, if it weren’t for some lesser-known people, he would almost think it was some planned attack against those who had some kind of standing in Hoenn.
[break][break]
His gaze flickered briefly at the Raging Bolt once more, and he debated what to do. In the end, he decided to admit his own acquisition of a gouging fire. This seemed to surprise the older male, who told him they should finish such a conversation in the waking world.
[break][break]
Though a bit confused, he simply nodded his acceptance before deciding to change the topic of the conversation.
[break][break]
The fact that Josh had been hurt and probably poisoned was concerning. Though there was also a bit of confusion,.
[break][break]
“When did that happen? I don’t remember you being among the ones to get punished.”
[break][break]
Once he received an answer, he would grudgingly decide he should come clean about his well-being. He hated worrying people, but it wasn’t like he would be able to hide it upon waking anyway. It's better to just get it done and over with.
[break][break]
“I’m afraid I’m not doing too well. I wasn’t able to avoid the creature while we were on cleaning duty,” he explained, finding interest in the ground.
[break][break]
Knowing he would want to know how badly he was hurt and feeling he owed him for letting him know he had hurt himself, he sighed before continuing. “I believe I have a minor concussion, bruised, maybe cracked ribs, definitely not broken. I know what a broken rib feels like. Anyway, though I don’t have any broken ribs, I’m pretty sure my left arm is broken. I also have cuts along my arms. It’s not so bad, though it doesn’t even really hurt,” he said, adding on the last part to try and make light of his injuries.
[break][break]
Though it wasn’t like the last part wasn’t true,.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 1:45:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"...She's here, too?" Josh gasped. "What in the Great One's name is going on? Whoever could capture this many prominent figureheads in Hoenn is far more dangerous than anyone I can imagine." The admission of Ever being in possession of what Josh believed to be a legendary Pokémon was an unexpected twist, as well. "It makes me wonder how many of each there are out there. Maybe there's more than one of the Great One, Ho-oh, even..."

The conversation drifted to the outside world as Raikou floated within the glass tube as though he were in suspended animation. It quickly shifted toward Ever's extensive injuries. "Arceus... Ever, I'm so sorry. If there was something I could do, I would. But I don't think there's anything anyone can do."

The loss of use of one of Ever's arms made Josh's eyes open wide. "How are you going to get the work done they ask of you with only one arm, though?"

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON May 1, 2024 17:23:34 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

“If it weren’t for ordinary citizens being caught up in this mess, I would almost think it was some kind of planned attack against those who have a standing in Hoenn. You know, take away important figures among Hoenn to weaken the government. I mean, take away enough important people from the government, and cracks will begin to form,” he told the older male. However, the fact that ordinary civilians had ended up here told him that wasn’t the case.
[break][break]
There was also that one thing that had been mentioned. Something about a three-day war. Or some such nonsense. His cellmate had seemed just as clueless as he was on the subject, but he figured if anyone knew what the Megalopolans were talking about, it would be Josh.
[break][break]
“There is something, though. Something about a three-day war? That was their basis for all of us being brought here, or so they claimed. Except...” he trailed off, frowning.
[break][break]
He hadn’t taken part in a damn war. He was pretty sure he would remember if he had. Especially if it meant going against the Megalopolans, who he hadn’t ever seen until he had been brought here.
[break][break]
As the conversation circled around legendaries, he shrugged. “I’m afraid I can’t help you there. Perhaps that one kid will know. Maybe ask him when we manage to find a way back home.”
[break][break]
Talking about his injuries wasn’t what he would call fun. However, it had to be done before they ended up running into each other in the waking world. “If we could just get to our Pokémon, I should be fine. Celestia should be able to heal me enough for it not to cause too many problems if we can pull that off,” he pointed out.
[break][break]
“I’ll manage, I’m sure; I’m pretty good at that after all. Though I must admit, I wouldn't be so hurt if I hadn’t let my guard down. While we were only on cleaning duty, my cellmate, , was attacked by the creature. When it wondered off, I went to make sure she was okay, and that’s when the creature came back,” he admitted, seeming quite angry with himself.
[break][break]
He still couldn’t believe he fell for such a ploy.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 3:09:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Three-Day War... it was something he had heard about from so long ago. "From what I understand, it's where the first Ultra Beasts came to Hoenn. Before my time. Way before my time." He would go on to share what he had learned from the Fortree Gym Leader so long ago. "From their perspective, I get it. They invaded our territory, and we repelled them. Not without great loss, but we did."

Of course no one knew how many of Pokémon that could be considered gods were truly out there. "If we could get to our Pokémon, of course it would be much easier. No one can catch me when I'm in the saddle, after all," he jeered, trying to being smiles to their faces again. Unfortunately for him, super speed would not be too useful in the confined quarters of a prison. The Mauville Leader was at his best in the big, wide-open outdoors. Not that some of his Pokémon couldn't fight indoors.

"The masked creature?" Josh asked. "It's vicious. Very nearly trampled over me and ended my career as a Gym Leader. There are some places where if I get injured, I'll never be able to ride again. And I couldn't lead Mauville Gym if I couldn't do that." It was a constant possibility in his line of work, but something he didn't want to think about it. Even his identity as a person was tied to his special talent. A meaningless talent if the League didn't break him out of prison. Or he managed to do so himself.

{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

he/him/his
January 9th
Hammerlocke
demisexual
ranger/photographer
senior ranger
6’1” height
6’1” height
awards
238 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ever
ever blackwell
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 14:11:42 GMT
ever blackwell Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

None of what Josh said sounded familiar. It definitely didn’t happen in the years he had been here. It had been around three years since he had come here—almost four. I would’ve definitely remembered something like what Josh was telling him happened, no matter the kind of headspace he had been in when he arrived.
[break][break]
“I moved here around three years ago, so I haven’t been here as long as some others,” he explained, his expression thoughtful. "Still, they’re the ones who invaded. What did they expect people to do? Just roll over and allow them to take over. It’s not like Hoenn attacked first; they were provoked and retaliated in kind,” he pointed out, keeping his tone neutral, not that that wasn’t the way he usually spoke.
[break][break]
There wasn’t much they could do on their own. That had been proven when one of the prisoners had been killed when they had first woken up here. They were pretty powerless without their Pokémon.
[break][break]
At the mention of being too fast for capture while on his Pokémon, he nodded. “I’m used enough to having to evade maneuvers that catching me while I ride a Pokémon isn’t an easy feat either,” he told the gym leader. Not unless he flew directly towards their captures anyway. Which he definitely wouldn’t do. This wasn’t like those Wingulls he had faced off against.
[break][break]
At the inquiry, he nodded. "Yeah, though I doubt it has any control over what it does. The creature is as much a prisoner here as we are, maybe even more so since it seems they are nothing but a puppet here,” he said, frowning at the thought of being a puppet. Just the thought made him shudder.
[break][break]
Puppet or not, just the thought that Josh had avoided serious injury was a relief. “I’m just glad you haven’t gotten hurt. As for the creature, it’s stronger than it looks, that’s for sure. Strong enough to send me flying, though that may be due to it catching me off guard,” he admitted, wincing inwardly.
[break][break]
“If we could find a way to free it, I’m sure it would be useful to us. I don’t see any reason for them to have turned it into a puppet unless they were wary of it. Something tells me the creature could easily oppose the three wardens,” he told the gym leader.
[break][break]
Of course, freeing the creature would be easier said than done.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,042 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 6, 2024 21:23:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Three years? That's longer than me; it'll be two for me at the end of June," Josh replied, not expecting Ever to have so much history with the region. From what he understood, Ultra Megalopolis had been somehow robbed of its light. The light it needed to thrive. The dream they were in was when the city was at its peak. "When we're out of here, I think a trip to the Lesser Megalopolis rift might be in order," he sighed. "Get to the bottom of this."

The talk of Ever being a skilled rider as well made Josh long for his Gym. "If you're that talented, have you thought about stopping by Mauville Gym? You could probably win the Badge there with ease." Thankfully, Raju would be more than capable of running the Gym in his absence. He was certain the League had Rangers and even other Gym Leaders searching for him most hours of the day. Part of being a Champion was an elevation to VIP status, after all!

The more people Josh ran into during the dreams, the more he realized what their ticket to escape was. "...We're all in the same dream every night. It's apparent that the wardens and Megalopolans are efficient at stopping individual escape attempts. But what if we coordinate? With everyone."

{PC: 5}
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights