thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
I want corruption, I think I'm the devil in disguise.
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
jesus for the jugular [c]
POSTED ON May 30, 2024 11:12:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Harcourt."[break][break]

Pleasantries are spared. There is no thank you for meeting with me or how have you been? They are two competing predators in an unlikely alliance.[break][break]

The influence of Cillian's patron is felt here, that unwavering PRESSURE, but he has no intent to offer threats. The MIASMA that surrounds him does so only because he makes no conscious effort to control its ebb and flow.[break][break]

"I had hoped I might pick your brain. And that of your..." His smile is without light for it to steal. "Patron."[break][break]

His history with Necrozma is a shaky one. It had tried to kill him on numerous occasions. He does not trust it. But one doesn't need trust for cooperation.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 18:41:51 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Quinn." [break][break]

If there was one thing Zev appreciated about Cillian, it was the underboss' sense of professionalism. Though they were cut from different bolts of cloth, they had both become weapons of the highest quality. [break][break]

The PRESSURE exerted upon the room was not comfortable, but it was not uncomfortable, either. Zev knew to expect it, having stood within its field of influence many times. [break][break]

"You can try," he said, taking a seat before it was even offered. "I can't guarantee you will get the answers you seek." Or the ones you like, he added, silently.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 19:08:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Cillian leans back in his chair as Zev sits down, expensive leather creaking with the movement.[break][break]

"I require no guarantee," is assured easily enough. Truly, he expected this to amount to nothing. But he had to try. "Only a willing audience."[break][break]

He wondered if Necrozma remembered a truce brokered between them. He'd relinquished the dark shard he'd pilfered from it when it had been starving, that it would not seek him as a source of sustenance again. It had worked, so long as Chu-e had been the host. It did not seem to hunger for Avatars the same as it once had, but did it have memory of before?[break][break]

He asks none of that. Instead, he says, "Do you know what causes Shadow Pokémon to become the way they are?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 2:21:58 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Even a willing audience was not within Zev's ability to grant. Necrozma decided when to take notice and when other matters required its attention instead. All its Avatar could do was probe the psychic link between them. And so he did, dipping metaphorical hands into the flowing river of thought, emotion, and memory to decipher what wove between his fingers. [break][break]

And what he learned was that Necrozma remembered . Not in the way humans or Pokémon remember each other, but as a fleeting oddity. A unique note in the unending song of the universe. A brief flash of dark metal and fragile bone. [break][break]

Black shards of crystal pockmarked Zev's pale skin, rising unbidden from his flesh. [break][break]

"Shadow is an absence of light, but formed from light, too. You cannot have one without the other." The words flowed as he translated what he could of alien consciousness. "What happens when you steal the light from a soul? A body?" [break][break]

Foreign sensations pressed against Zev's mind. An existential sundering. A prison made flesh.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 18:42:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Black crystal breaks skin. A sweat breaks on the back of Cillian's neck.[break][break]

His anxiety does not show. Rocket has taught him well to conceal the truth of his emotions, and he will not give the satisfaction of his fear.[break][break]

Besides, there are more important things to draw from this than terror. Hunger burns deep in eyes of gold that bear the faintest hints of violet, a barely-there ring around the dark of his pupil.[break][break]

An omen. A corruption.[break][break]

"I don't know," is as honest as it is ravenous. "Enlighten me."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 19:41:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"I happen." [break][break]

No. That wasn't quite right. But Zev did not have words to describe the metamorphosis of biology that existed beyond human understanding. The transfiguration of cell and self too little Infinity Energy remained within a vessel. [break][break]

He tried again. [break][break]

"The light is mine. The shadow is mine, too. When I take one, the other assumes its place." A pause that felt like the span of millennia. "Not everything survives the process."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 23:30:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

No, Cillian thinks. You are the Devourer. The light you take has never belonged to you.[break][break]

"Why is that?" he wonders, of survival. "What sets the survivors apart?"[break][break]

Pale fingers tent beneath his chin. There's a small scar on his throat where once Necrozma had sought to drain him dry. He does not know if he'd have survived the process.[break][break]

"The shadows answer to me."[break][break]

He was not their creator, but a puppet's creator need not be the one to pull the strings. Though he did not trust Necrozma or its chosen, the Harbinger and the Devourer were a terrible duo.[break][break]

"Do you know why?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 0:44:52 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

It would have been natural to shrug in response to Cillian's question on survival, but in that state of unimpeded communication, Zev no longer remembered what was normal behavior. He only stared back at the other man with an expression devoid of warmth or humanity. [break][break]

"The quality of the body and the spirit." [break][break]

Cillian did not need to look far to understand the meaning behind those words. After all, Zev sat across from him in complete symbiosis with the Devourer of Suns, whereas suffered the curse of parasitic erosion. How long would he have lasted until there was nothing left? [break][break]

On the other hand, Necrozma provided no answers Zev could deduce for Cillian's question about shadows—only a flicker of disinterest, a smudge of disregard. [break][break]

"What other gods do with their own does not concern us," Zev said at length. "Lugia granted you this power. Ask her instead."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 20:01:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

And what is the quality of my spirit?[break][break]

But he will not ask Necrozma nor Zev Harcourt for such validation. Even could not judge the weight of his soul. Lugia had judged him worthy of her power, and hers is the judgement in which he places his trust.
[break][break]
It would be enough. It had to be.[break][break]

"Oh, I have."[break][break]

The Guardian's answers were often as vague as Necrozma's had been. In the end, it didn't matter why the shadows bent to his will. Only that they did.[break][break]

"Thank you for indulging my curiosity."
[break][break]
Though it's a clear enough end to the questions, he does not shoo them from his office or break eye contact, in case there was anything else to be discussed between them.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 0:03:06 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

And just like that, Necrozma's attention turned elsewhere. Zev lingered in the reassurance of their psychic bond before refocusing on Cillian. A few crystals broke down, reverting back to skin. And when the Beast spoke again, the quality of his voice changed, seeming more man than monster. [break][break]

"Were you wondering about what happened during the blackout of Slateport?" he asked the underboss. Zev hadn't participated in the confrontation against Necrozma, but he'd lived through it. He'd read the reports. [break][break]

He glanced down at the shards of black gleaming along his wrist, as if noticing them for the first time. "Several Shadow Pokémon were made during that fight by Necrozma's hand," he remembered. [break][break]

Cyllora's words rang in his ears: "It's a child of the Blinding One." [break][break]

Raising his gaze to meet Cillian's once more, Zev said, "I read the report a while back, but I want to hear about what happened from your perspective." He folded his hands in his lap.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 14:33:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I was."[break][break]

They had not been intentionally created. They had turned on the thing that had corrupted them. Cheated death, as Yveltal had confirmed. They were not meant to survive the Blackout.[break][break]

Yet they had. And he had, with a chunk of dark matter in hand.[break][break]

"It was very dark," Cillian says, shrugging. "I'm afraid what I saw was limited. The Moltres wreathed in dark flames. The Nihilego taking over someone's body. Lunala's moonlit form. Only in brief flashes when they caught the light of the moon."[break][break]

He pauses, considering, then adds, "But I did see the Lunala's power a second time, when it had allied itself with Valerio Dachev."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 20:25:21 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev's eyes narrowed—not at Cillian, but at the information he revealed. [break][break]

"A 'moonlit form' is how I'd describe what happened when Nenet and I encountered the Lunala in Ultra Crater a few weeks ago," Zev said, suspecting that Cillian had read the report. "As soon as it saw me, it became enraged, and then this light enveloped it." [break][break]

Idly, the Beast drummed his fingers on the arm of his chair. [break][break]

"The Moltres with dark flames sounds like Bee's patron, but I've never heard of a Nihilego taking over someone's body," he mused. It wasn't that he doubted Cillian; stranger things had happened since Zev's arrival in Hoenn. [break][break]

"Was it a kind of Mega Evolution?" Yet even as the question left his mouth, he felt it was wrong. Lunala's transformation at Ultra Crater hadn't looked like any Mega Evolution he'd witnessed before.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 4, 2024 23:58:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Having indeed read the report, Cillian nods along.[break][break]

"The same one, I suspect. It turned on Valerio during the Darkest Day and we've had little luck in tracking it down. Until now, of course."[break][break]

He shakes his head when 's patron is mentioned.[break][break]

"This was Stormy Silph's Moltres."[break][break]

The Calescent's patron had died for her, and on that night Cillian had seen it in its original, resplendent form. The Moltres that followed was of a different, more menacing caliber.[break][break]

"No, I don't believe so," he says of Mega Evolution. "It triggered upon the use of a certain move."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 14:52:46 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Cillian's comments confirmed what Zev knew about Lunala's disappearance during Darkest Day. "Now that we know where Lunala is, we should acquire it. I can't be present during the attempt, but there are plenty of capable agents in our ranks. It would be a perfect task for S.P.E.C.T.R.A." [break][break]

But that was a conversation for another day. He refocused on the one at hand, his brow furrowing at the underboss' clarification. If the Pokémon during the blackout had transformed, and that transformation was not one with which they were already familiar, then what exactly had happened? [break][break]

And since Zev's Necrozma shard gained the same ability after he'd absorbed Lunala in its transformed state, could it morph into other bodies if he did the same with a Moltres? With a Nihilego? [break][break]

"Reports from the Blackout mentioned something else, a Pokémon Necrozma made that wasn't like the Shadows," he mused, referring to the Dusk Mane Solgaleo, though he did not know its name. "Do you know what happened to it?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

thorn

the Harbinger
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
8,443 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2024 13:07:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Of course."[break][break]

Any errant legendary was bound to be under the scopes of Rocket and League both, and the syndicate needed all the allies they could get for the war ahead.[break][break]

He shelves it for later discussion.[break][break]

"The one that fought with Necrozma?" Cillian had seen it in flashes. Enough to know, "It resembled the imagery of the Solgaleo once championed by Balder Schwartz, but... off." He frowns, trying to find the words. "It was as if it fused with Necrozma and became something else."[break][break]

On its subsequent whereabouts, Cillian can provide a better answer.[break][break]

"Reports from various agents suggest it to be in the possession of . Where it is in the aftermath of his death, I can't say for certain. Custody of the League, perhaps."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times