awards
3,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 17:59:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
they're more docile than their cousins, but that doesn't mean much. she's looking for their pressure points, sitting cross-legged outside of their secluded cave in the draciary and watching their mannerisms. other denizens are kept away from them, but sometimes freya has handlers walk by with others. 

they regard them warily, lips twitching as though to bare fangs, but they do not attack. not like her walking wake might. 

she scribbles in a journal in her lap. the front cover is leather; scratched into it are the words dragonology notes
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 20:10:12 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner approached Freya's seated form, having recognized her from a distance by her distinctive white-gold hair. It was his first visit to the draciary, despite an earlier attempt when she'd gone missing. Now that she—and the rest of the Council, coincidentally—had returned, its gates had opened to him. [break][break]

"Miss Morningstar," he greeted when he was near enough for her to hear him. Though they had met and fought together before her appointment, he spoke deferentially. "You wanted to see me?" [break][break]

At his side, his own Paradox Pokémon padded on large, silent paws. The Gouging Fire uttered a low rumble when it saw the Raging Bolts but did not move from its trainer's side.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
3,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2024 22:00:45 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she looks up distractedly, looks back down, and then blinks back up in alarm, startled that one of her gouging fire had gotten out. but after the initial shock, she realizes quickly that it's gunner's own. she closes the journal and gets to her feet, nodding appreciatively. 

"freya's fine," she says, though her appreciation doesn't go unnoticed. 

"impressive control," she comments. "i want to work with the pokemon i managed to source from area zero, see if they have any abilities that might put them on par with their johtonian counterparts." 

and if they do, she's not sure if that'll be a good or bad thing. there's no telling how many rocket has under their control.

"but moreover, i wanted to touch base with you. officially, i know you work under the umbrella of the hbic and therefore, report to councilwoman penelope, but i need more strategists. you're good on the field; i've seen it."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2024 16:47:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner allowed himself to show an appreciative smile in turn. "Thank you," he said, reaching out briefly to touch his Gouging Fire's mane before dropping his hand again. "It's taken a lot of training." [break][break]

His earlier professional stoicness returned as Freya explained her goals. [break][break]

"I'd be happy to help with both efforts," he said, meaning it. "As you know, the HBIC provides intelligence for the entire League government, so that the Commissioner and Council can best lead us. Whatever you need, Freya, I'm more than willing to provide." [break][break]

He'd seen her on the field, too. There were few he trusted more in battle.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 1:14:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
part of her is surprised at the warm response to her request. from what she'd seen (granted, very little) and heard (more so, but he-said-she-said and all that), he's in penny's back pocket. she considers him for a moment and then turns her attentions back out to the bolts.

"then i'll get right into it," she says. 

"we have a lack of resources. we're working on righting that, but for now, i need you to compile key points for sixty percent troop deployment across major cities with defensive strategies in mind.

"i have plans already. i can send you what you're cleared for."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2024 21:06:33 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Freya assessed Gunner with an inscrutable gaze. Briefly, he thought that a person unused to being in the presence of a council member would find her properly intimidating. But a tenured HBIC agent had no reason to shrink back. [break][break]

Sixty percent troop deployment. It was the standard number for a state of military readiness, but not full-out war. [break][break]

"I can have it ready for you in three days. Sooner, if you send over your plans," he said, though the gears of his mind were already turning. "Our port cities will have to be the first line of defense. We'll need clear roads and skies if we need to fall back to the more inland locations." [break][break]

Mossdeep, Lilycove, and Slateport were obvious targets, but the latter two were more easily fortified.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 22:42:47 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
her smile dimples. 

"you'll have to work with vague descriptions, but i'll break our assets down by tier." he echoes sentiments she already shares, which is a good sign.

one of the raging bolt leaves its small herd and nears them. its stormcloud-esque face looms closer and catlike eyes regard the two with interest. freya extends a hand and places it on its snout; its lips crinkle, showing fangs, and then it wanders back off.

"where would you want to be?" she asks. "on the frontlines or on the defensive?" her head tilts. "no wrong answer."
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 13:02:32 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

When one of Freya's Raging Bolt wandered over to investigate the two humans, Gunner's Gouging Fire tensed. He sensed the creature's suspicion of its Electric-type cousin and placed a reassuring hand on its neck, fingers curling around the thick fur. [break][break]

He did not release his grip on his Pokémon until the Raging Bolt departed again and he felt Gouging Fire's muscles relax under his palm. [break][break]

"I can do either," Gunner said to Freya. "I've always considered myself to be more of a shield than a sword, but sometimes offense is the best defense." [break][break]

In the past, that meant going abroad to eliminate targets threatening the safety of his home, stopping machinations before they could even begin.

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-eight
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
champion
awards
3,194 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 16:51:48 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
"we want to hit them hard and fast. i want an oppressive frontline, enough to make them scramble." in her notes, she'll at least be able to include some of the publicly known variables; she'll let her intents with kyogre be known.

"good. i'd want you in one of the neighboring cities, to be frank. we need leadership we can trust out there."

there's no question about where she'll be. as badly as she wants to liberate her city, as badly as she wants to be home, she cannot risk the rest of their territories. she's not that person anymore.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2024 2:46:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner nodded, his expression grim. If executed well, an aggressive assault at the onset could end a conflict within weeks. Maybe days. [break][break]

"Team Rocket is going to play dirty, so we should be prepared to do the same. Cut off their supply lines, raid their bases, starve them into surrender," he said, without hesitation. [break][break]

"Send in special operatives to neutralize operations before they can get them off the ground. If possible, assassinate leadership—those who aren't Avatars." But which ones were those? It seemed the crime syndicate was gaining new Avatars every few months. [break][break]

He fell silent at Freya's choice of words. Leadership. That wasn't who he was. He was the League's weapon, nothing more. [break][break]

"I'll see what I can do about my assignments."

TAGS[break]
NOTESmission

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,802 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
machinations of war
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2024 1:11:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven