He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 15:17:25 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog3"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-subtitle"]
ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

[attr="class","Navypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog3-icon"]

There are some people in life you know you’ll never like, no matter what.” She laughed, dismissing the question as a joke. More interesting, she thought, was his answer to her question. She focused on that the way a bee might land on a rich flower.[break][break]
You speak the truth. They will remember the day their Rider returned, just in time to mourn his son and meet his daughter.” Crystal spoke with something caught between contempt and grief. “Maybe they will even build a statue for Raphael. It will lose its meaning in a few short decades. Humans have terribly short memories, to say nothing of their attention spans.” [break][break]
She placed a hand to Her head, right as a flash of light overtook Navy and Zaria. The hero and the warrior accompanying him finally noticed a crystal embedded in his shield, a blessing of a forgotten fairy king.[break][break]
It seems Father will be ready to move on soon. He’s very good at that.” Navy turned just then, and looked like he saw a ghost. His eyes found Crystal, and he rushed to Her side. Zaria, taken off balance by the sudden speed of the Rider, hurried after him.[break][break]
You’re-” Navy said, stumbling over his words like so many failed fathers before him have.[break][break]
You have a battle to fight, warrior.” She said to her father, head inclined just enough towards Zaria to address her as well. “And your squire must be armed.”[break][break]
I-” [break][break]
"We’ll have time later."[break][break]
Hey!” Zaria spoke with righteous anger. “He just lost his son. You’re his daughter, right? Help your father grieve.”[break][break]
Her face was a stone mask, her nod so slight as to be imperceptible, but she walked over to Navy, reaching up and hugging him.[break][break]
I’m sorry you left.”[break][break]
Some people,” Zaria whispered to Howard, moving to stand beside him, “I swear.

[attr="class","Navypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 16:53:18 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest6"]
[attr="class","topimage"]

[attr="class","gunstest6body howard"]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

"I agree. Humans are stupid and foolish with a penchant for destruction with obscenely short memories. We destroy, vow to never repeat the atrocities of the past again, and then do it again a few generations later." Howard gave her a look that seemed to be a mix of bemusement and pity. Hers was the outlook of someone marred by the life she had been forced to live, same as him. "But you're wrong." [break][break]

He gestured towards Raphael's dirge, then to a potential clearing where the statue might've been placed in peacetime. [break][break]

"People will forget Raphael's deeds in a few generations. A statue carved with that in mind will not keep his sacrifice fresh in their minds. It will simply preserve them." [break][break]

"Even if the majority of people walk past that statue without giving it a second look, there will be one who does." [break][break]

Yet she was still correct. Raphael only existed in this dream.  was real, but the person he was masquerading as wasn't. No matter how many statues were raised up, this world would vanish, Navy would eventually die, and his fictional son would be forgotten. [break][break]

Crystal would follow, one day.[break][break]

The following scene was supposed to be heartfelt, but Howard could tell that something was off. The reconnection of a warrior and his daughter was a glorious thing, but something had broken between them that could never be recovered, like a shattered vase that nobody remembered the original form of.[break][break]

Perhaps what Navy and Crystal had had always been broken. [break][break]

"You don't like her, Zaria?" He turned to her, bemused. "Is it because she's a prick, or...?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

[attr="class","gunstest6pkmn"]

[attr="class","gunstest6credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".jaybird"] --accent: #aa77f0; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .topimage"] background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/rt5q223/dracule-mihawk-wallpaper-2304x768-497-103.webp); background-position:center; height:200px; border:0px;padding:0px;margin-bottom:-4.5px; background-size:cover; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .iconimg"]float: left;margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px;border: solid 9px #272727;border-radius: 3px;box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70; font:12px Poppins; width:445px; margin:0px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 19:14:28 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Yeah.” The warrior agreed with a nod. “What more reason do I need?” Beneath the words was an unspoken sentiment shared with the Rider: but I’d still help her. Personal feelings have no bearing on the correct action.[break][break]
Navy returned the hug from his daughter, holding her like he was holding some delicate silk. She had never strayed far from his dreams, and now she was here in the flesh. The first thread of doubt tugged at his heart. Rebuilding this bridge would be a matter of years, of caring, a labor of love. They had no time for anything save their quest.[break][break]
I…I hope we can talk later.” Said Navy.[break][break]
We’ll have plenty of time.” Crystal looked past them, beckoning the group to follow. “You three plan to march north, slay Eternatus’s generals, and head for Wyndon. I would accompany you.”[break][break]
I see you share your father’s deductive reasoning.”[break][break]
Navy, who had never told Zaria about his work as a detective, turned his head to the warrior but said nothing. He filed the statement away for later analysis, when he was left alone with his thoughts. For now, he had to think about Crystal and her words.[break][break]
Yeah. We’ve got to, if-”[break][break]
If you want to leave.” She spoke with no contempt. In its place was sadness, an understanding of how this story had to go. “I know. I remember how mother and you were, towards the end.”[break][break]
Is Melody—”[break][break]
Gone.” Said Crystal. “Just like all the other heroes. Returned to a land not beholden to the laws of fiction.”[break][break]
It wasn’t my choice to leave you, Crystal.” He said, perhaps with more candor than he should have. He’d made Howard a promise, and he intended to keep it, but he had not, in the moment when the final battle ended, wanted to return.[break][break]
Nor was it your choice, I suspect, to return. Yet here we are, and you must collect your companions before we meet the blacksmith.” She turned again to Howard. “Tell me, Squire of the Hero, who are my father’s truest companions?

notes about this post

Notes go here

[newclass=.Navypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#d84545;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog3-post i { color:#d84545; }.Navypog3-post b { color:#d84545;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#d84545;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 20:10:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

As she voiced her discontent for Crystal, Howard decided that he liked Zaria. [break][break]

"Fair enough." Howard laughed at her response, before turning to Crystal as she asked her questions. If she was Navy's daughter, she would know the Pale Rider's Pokemon better than any person alive. Twenty years of dreaming versus Howard's year of waking. She knew Navy better than him.[break][break]

A test? [break][break]

"Navy has a penchant for turning enemies into allies, foes into friends. Even if he fights people who should hate him, he always tends to create a bond with them. That is the connection between warriors." [break][break]

Howard spoke as if he was one, when he had gone behind Navy's back to strike at the sheriff's heart, even as it pulsated in the depths of the Ultra Deep Sea. [break][break]

"But his staunchest allies? His Pokémon would never betray him. He and Vortigern are one in the same, even as he tries to deny it. When I fought him, I saw their bond." [break][break]

Vortigern. [break][break]

"He's been to hell and back with Hattori. hates that frog." [break][break]

Hattori. [break][break]

"As for the third..."[break][break]

Howard stopped for a moment. His lips prepared to utter the word 'Shuwen'. The Urshifu had fought alongside Navy for a very long time, his flurry of blows ringing out in the storm of swords that made up many of the battlefields in this war between League and Rocket. Urshifu was his stalwart. His greatest anchor, and yet...

"I was sitting in his garage, once, after I moved to Dewford. Before I caused everything to crash down." The admin confessed to Crystal with a frown, the memory was painful. "He was painting that Iron Valiant of his."[break][break]

Howard hated Paradox Pokémon, but he could tolerate those from the future that did not mock the passion he put into his craft. [break][break]

"It's broken. It's missing an arm. Nobody would've blamed him for replacing it with a newer model. Yet he painted it like it was the newest thing on the market."[break][break]

Machines only lost their value once humanity could no longer shoulder the burden of their purity. Every machine fulfilled its objective with absolute obedience, because that was their designed purpose. They were pure. Heartless, but pure. [break][break]

Navy had not discarded that Iron Valiant. He held on to the purity that the machine offered, even after it had lost its efficiency.  Howard should have done that with Regice, instead of disregarding the construct's value as a relic. Howard turned to face Crystal.[break][break]

"Roland." He snapped his fingers and turned to Zaria. "And a Halberd for me. Hope you're a good teacher, knight."

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .topimage"] background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/rt5q223/dracule-mihawk-wallpaper-2304x768-497-103.webp); background-position:center; height:200px; border:0px;padding:0px;margin-bottom:-4.5px; background-size:cover; [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .iconimg"]float: left;margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px;border: solid 9px #272727;border-radius: 3px;box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030;filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6"]--accent:#ACDD70; font:12px Poppins; width:445px; margin:0px auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest6 .gunstest6credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 21:18:06 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Not the Skarmory.” She noted, red eyes fixated on the feather sheathed behind the hero’s back. “I suppose the dead will not avail him.”[break][break]
Ironsides died saving my life.” Said the Knight, sadly. “Just like Olivier.”[break][break]
Olivier?”[break]
Olivier?”[break][break]
Crystal and Zaria asked the question as one. Only after they asked the question did they glance at one another, momentarily united.[break][break]
Roland’s brother. Gabe and I found ‘em when they were just twin Ralts. Their mom got killed by Pokemon poachers. We nursed them back to help. Gabe named ‘em. Something about old heroes from a story he read. Roland was mine, then he…” Navy considered the right word to say. “…changed, when I was fighting Kouji. Olivier though…he just died.” Once Navy breathed his last, Olivier’s part of the Song of Roland would go unremembered.[break][break]
He died a good death, my Lord.” An unfamiliar voice said. Turning to find the source of the voice, Navy saw…[break][break]
Hattori?”[break][break]
It was Hattori. Burned black, one-eyed, the frog smiled up at him from beneath a red tongue. Navy knew at once something was wrong. Hattori was up on the surface, fighting for his life against Rocket. He had no business being in this dream.[break][break]
I hope you’ll let me serve you, at least for a little while.”[break][break]
So the rogue stepped onto the stage, joining the hero and his squire.[break][break]
Behind him was Roland, the sworn sword and Vortigern, the beast. Neither spoke much. Even in this dream, where Pokemon could partake of the human gift of speech, they were not creatures who spoke useless words.[break][break]
You’ll find Ser Gwyar at his forge. Let me see if I can make some guesses…” Her finger pointed to Hattori. “A kunai.” To Roland. “A sword.” And to Vortigern. “Reinforcements for your fangs and claws.”[break][break]
All three nodded. She grinned.[break][break]
Lucky for us all I have my father’s foresight, or else the smith would have wasted most of the black knight’s metal left in Wedgehurst.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 21:42:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

At the mention of black metal, Howard's eyebrow raised. [break][break]

"You still have metal in reserve? Incredible. Necrozma left quite the lasting impression. It must have been massive." Howard had yet to bear witness to the immense bulk of the monster that brought the Ultra Megalopolis to heel. He had seen 's, but was it really large enough to supply metal to an entire region?[break][break]

Howard suspected that it wasn't. Even stranger was his ability to recall the Devourer's name.[break][break]

"I can't believe I get to see some of it up close! It's almost impossible to find back home." [break][break]

Just as it was almost impossible to deal with . Mossdeep's Gym Leader was a monster on the battlefield, and his grip on Mossdeep was slowly crushing Howard's operations back home. He was a commendable warrior. It was humbling and a bit sad that he had been reduced to a smith, instead of the great trainer he should have been. [break][break]

He was snapped from his stupor by the appearance of Navy's three allies. [break][break]

"Hattori! You can talk!" Howard felt the frog to ensure that he wasn't a hallucination. Rubbery skin, charred black by fire, was strange to the touch. "You're real?" [break][break]

He was. When Howard got over that, he turned to Crystal. He snapped his fingers. [break][break]

"Let's see the forge. An authentic Galarian forge... I've always wanted to see one of these!" [break][break]

would be green with envy if she ever found out.[break][break]

They began the trek through Wedgehurst towards the forge, leaving the corpse of the fictional son behind.

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 22:07:41 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Later, there would be a funeral. Navy suspected he would have to speak at it before all was said and done. For now, he trailed behind the rest of the group, gun on his hip.[break][break]
Well…y-yes.” The rogue blushed, trying to cover his face with the scarf. “A shinobi who can’t communicate with his Lord would be a sorry shinobi.”[break][break]
True.” Zaria agreed. “How else are you going to get him to clarify a point if his orders are unclear?” Navy detected a whiff of dry humor in her words and, like Howard before him, he decided he liked Zaria. How many times had he used the gray area within the council’s orders to follow his own moral compass?[break][break]
Ahead, they heard the sound of a familiar voice shouting.[break][break]

Sheriff Navidson’s on his way! If you don’t have that kunai ready in five minutes, I’ll-, who Navy saw chastise students in the proper course of Hoennian history, wiped sweat from his brow and turned to face them all. “Ah. You’re here early. It’s good to see you again, Pale Rider.”[break][break]
Gwyar offered Navy a meaty hand, shaking it and almost getting taken off his feet by the force of the thing.[break][break]
Roland’s sword is finished.” The silent machine walked up to a rack bearing a black sword wreathed in flames. His bitter blade would serve him well in the wars to come.[break][break]
And my apprentice should be delivering Vortigern’s harness soon.” With the fortuitous timing of storytelling magic, the apprentice walked from around the side of the forge, strapping all the black leather to Vortigern and augmenting his might.[break][break]
Now, as for you…” He looked to Howard. Navy, who had no knowledge of the heated antagonism between Howard and the true Gwyar, saw a man regarding a stranger with a good reputation. “A halberd for you. Sheriff.” He nodded to Navy. “We’ve got enough for one more weapon. What d’you want?”[break][break]
Give me an axe. A big one.”[break][break]
An axe it is. If you two want to wait outside, away from the heat in here, I’ll fetch someone to get you lot refreshments.” With that said, he turned back to his work.[break][break]
They gathered outside, the hero and his assembled fellowship sitting down. It seemed a grand time for a speech, but his mind lingered on the slain son. All he could think to say was…[break][break]
I hate waiting.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 22:35:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

"You waited twenty years to wake up. This should be nothing in comparison." [break][break]

The circumstances were different, but that didn't particularly matter. Twenty years. The time was incomprehensible. It was an easy thing to say, a hard thing to experience. Even Howard, someone who took pride in his ability to recall various historical points struggled to imagine living through that amount of time.[break][break]

Yet it seemed glorious. Twenty years of living in a historical time, only to wake up and a not a day had gone by. It was an extra lease on life, before being severed with all the theatrics of a man rousing himself from a very long nap.[break][break]

"The best speeches are the ones that strike the soul. Short yet memorable, elaborate but simple. If you can't think of anything to tell the people of Wedgehurst, don't say anything at all." [break][break]

He drank deeply from his wineskin. Gwyar's workshop was no tavern, but blacksmiths were a necessity for a large town like this. The cop-turned-smith did not lack for quality refreshment. Still, it was a sour wine, meant to intoxicate and embolden rather than sit well on the tongue. As Howard drank from the skin, he thought of paint stripper.[break][break]

It tasted dreadful. [break][break]

"Just say goodbye to your son." Howard looked up at the sky above, poisoned and burned, before sighing. "I can't imagine having a kid and just having them..." [break][break]

He snapped his fingers. [break][break]

"Gone. Like that. I'm surprised you didn't break sooner." [break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2024 23:35:10 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

I did.” The Rider said, taking a long drink of wine. Whether cast in the role of Rider or Sheriff, he never had much taste for wine. Mead was his drink, or simple pale ale. He found wine pretentious, having been raised on the side of the fence where such luxuries were wasteful.[break][break]
I hardly slept the first month, after I got back.” His eyes were pale, tired, cast in the light of a weary warrior. They were eyes meant for Crystal, even if the squire asked the question. “Every day, I thought I’d wake up back in Galar. I thought Hoenn was a dream and Galar the truth. I tried so hard to remember what Raphael and you looked like. I wondered if the tera crystals would bring me back to you.”[break][break]
But you had a home to defend.” Zaria interjected. “And defend Hoenn you did.”[break][break]
Til it got me killed.” Another sip of wine. Hattori appeared at his side, patting him on the shoulder.[break][break]
You did the best you could, Lord.” It was cold comfort.[break][break]
At least you’ve returned now, come to slay giants and monsters.” Crystal consolidated. [break][break]
These are my people, and they deserve to be free of Eternatus.” Another fight. Another march into hell. His reward would be a return to the land where Howard and he would be enemies.[break][break]
Those in your kingdom, Hoenn, are your people as well.” Zaria reminded him.[break][break]
Yes, and we’ll fight for them.” He turned to Crystal, resolved for the quest ahead. “Who are these lords serving Eternatus? What was the deal with that tithe that killed Raphael? Who are they paying tithes to?”[break][break]
The first of the dark ones you will face.” Crystal said somberly, playing the role of guide. “ . She who once ruled Motostoke gently. Now, she rules with an iron fist, and demands tributes from Wedgehurst lest her forces march upon us and destroy them. She sends a train to collect the tithe every month.”[break][break]
Then we’ll take the train back to her.” Navy said, forming a plan already.[break][break]
No good.” Hattori said, shaking his head. “Too many guards. Otherwise Lord Raphael and Lady Crystal would have tried that.”[break][break]
Hmm.” Navy mused. “And the other three who serve Eternatus?”[break][break]
, in Circhester. He commands an army of the dead, bound to life by their rage. , who warred with Penelope for Motostoke. She has since relocated her tower to Ballonlea. We do not know the last one’s name. We call him the Void, and none who seek him in Spikemuth return alive.”[break][break]
Penny, Ms. Fiorelli, Jayden Cross…” Navy mused. “Why those three, and who’s the fourth?

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 0:50:43 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

. Every time he heard her name, his blood threatened to boil over. A Hyper Beam flashed in his mind's eye. The scream of as his body turned to ash. That memory would live with Howard for as long as he lived, a silent pillar to his ineptitude. [break][break]

It wasn't fair. Howard had done everything right against her, before she turned it all to dust with a power he could not stop. That memory would leave him. If it was his adage to remember the events of the world, then that battle would be his greatest shame. His failure. His weakness.[break][break]

They would ruin him.[break][break]

"They're the three touched by ruin. I've fought all three over my career, or their ruinous patrons." [break][break]

Fighting Wo-Chien in a bathroom had not been fun. Running from Chien-Pao in Sootopolis had been less so. Chi-Yu had been the most miserable of all, because it had taken everything away from him. Regice's clash with it had proven what Howard had suspected. Fire and ice did not mix.[break][break]

Neither did Howard and Penelope.[break][break]

"The Void is likely named as such because the story doesn't know what to make of them. Ting-Lu lacks a patron." Howard drained the wineskin and tossed it to Hattori to hold onto. "It's likely just a filler slot, sculpted from fear. This will be easy." [break][break]

A void filled from supplemental information was common in history where no records existed. [break][break]

"We could try intercepting the train outside of town. Ever heard of a railway heist?" [break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 2:32:50 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

Ruinous patrons.[break][break]
Hero and knight alike turned to face Howard when he spoke the words. Zaria looked like she had suffered some slight by merely saying the word. Navy ground his teeth, remembering Wo-Chien, , and a grudge inscribed on its tablets by the treasure’s avatar. He remembered green eyes, glittering with delight as they spoke of evil things.[break][break]
Their foes were dangerous indeed.[break][break]
A train heist, huh? Like somethin’ out of my favorite movies.” An immediate plan served as a distraction, affording him the luxury of preoccupation. Scenes from old movies ran through his mind, of banditos, pistolas, and great train heists.[break][break]
That could work. There’s an old station, out in the wilds. We never got it to working right, back in the day. That’s the way the rails run, so if we set up there, we could get on.”[break][break]
Movies?” Zaria asked, fixated on that word over the others. “What’s a movie?”[break][break]
The best way to tell a story.” The Rider grinned. He’d begged , back when Calyrex sat beneath the dyna tree, to let him take some old movies to the high king. Navy never found out why she rejected the request, but he wished very badly that she hadn’t. Oral stories paled before moving pictures, smokey gunfights, and fake blood.[break][break]
And they’re about ‘train heists’?”[break][break]
Some of them.”[break][break]
My Lord’s very favorites are about stuff like that!” Hattori chimed in, excited. Whether he was the real Hattori or not, he seemed to remember nights curled up on Navy’s couch, watching old Paldean spaghetti westerns. “It’s a helluva thing…”[break][break]
You kiss your mother with that mouth, Hattori?”[break][break]
Crystal tried to return order to the discussion. She cleared her throat primly. The noise was high, affecting the part of a dignified princess.[break][break]
We had best hurry. The train will be arriving in a week. Crossing the Galarian wilds is no easy feat, even if, I presume, these tracks aren’t far…?”[break][break]
They’re not.” Navy said. “Arceus, I hope you guys have horses. Valkyrie can’t carry all of us.” Valkyrie neighed her agreement.[break][break]
We’ll be robbing Ser Gwyar’s stables, but I doubt he will mind.” Said Crystal.[break][break]
Alright, great train robbery it is.” Anything to distract him from a dead brother, a dead son, and the dying of a dream. “You’ll be the only Rocket who’ll be able to call himself a real desperado, Howard.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 4:12:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

"I look forward to it." Howard smiled as he rose. [break][break]

The hero's party left Wedgehurst behind, the Pale Rider leaving the charge.[break][break]

His squire rode close, as befitting the man who would squire for Michael Navidson on the field of battle. Even if Howard did not know the first thing about squiring, he understood the basic concept. A squire was the first ally of their lord. The first duty of the squire was remarkably simple.[break][break]

It was to be their knight's closest friend.[break][break]

"Onward to adventure!" Howard shouted, his halberd gleaming as he rose it up towards the sky. "Onwards towards home!" [break][break]

It was sobering that he and Gwyar left on such good terms in this dreamlike world. It left a melancholic pang in the admin's soul as he thanked the smith for his help, shook his hand, and gathered the supplies that the group would need. It made Howard wonder what could have been, in a world where he and Gwyar weren't on different sides of this battle.[break][break]

That extended to many people that Howard knew.[break][break]

"Let's go, Ghost Rider!" Howard's Rapidash sauntered along casually as his eye observed the vastness of Galar's Wild Area. This place was dangerous. Risky. Filled to the brim with Eternatus's limbs that scarred the ground and marked the extent of the dragon's influence in Galar. "So this is 'this' Wild Area, huh?" [break][break]

He looked to Navy and Crystal. [break][break]

"It's dangerous in a civilized Galar. I assume it's far worse in this version." [break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 14:40:03 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

The hero gathered his party. Each, in their time, would have a role to play in this tale. gathered up another supermassive pack, enough to carry them across the wilds via railway or snailway. The heroes would not starve on the way to Motostoke.[break]
Each of them was provided a Rapidash, fine steeds. As the hero, their Rider, mounted his Spectrier, the people gathered around. They whispered to one another, wondering what he would say.[break]
Now, I must be a bad storyteller. I must interject my own opinion into the tale. Navy is driven by a certain vision of what the world should be, and in that moment, when the crowd gathered round, I think he saw it realized for just a second. Of course, it’s a horribly hypocritical way to live. Everyone else gets an easy life, and he gets to have all the fun?[break]
That sounds like a drag.[break]
But I’m just the sage telling you a story. Don’t let me take away from your enjoyment of the tale. I’m usually better at keeping my opinions to myself.[break]
Ahem.[break]
The people gathered round, and the Rider turned to them.[break]
My son has fallen,” said the hero, “but I’ve returned.” The crowd fell silent, wondering what he would say next. “And I promise you all, I’m going to keep you safe. I don’t know what’s gotten into Penny or the others, but I’ll take them down. Sleep easy tonight, knowing the Pale Rider rides across the waste land for all of you.”[break]
And once they’ve been dealt with, we head north, to Wyndon. I don’t know how Eternatus came back, but I’ll slay the dragon. Mankind’s enemy will fall, and your children will grow up under a blue sky. That’s how I’ll honor Raphael’s memory. And, turning on his heels, he rode away.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,576 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 14:55:23 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

ROUSE THYSELF, RIDER.

They rode through the wilds, where men feared to tread. Here, without civilization’s trappings to protect them, the mist was thick, corrosive, threatening to consume them for the pleasure of the poisoned dragon. Navy rode first, with Zaria making up the rear. Only Hattori chose to forego a Rapidash, instead clinging to Navy’s back and scanning the horizon.[break][break]
Way worse.” Navy agreed, axe across his back and gun at his hip. “’Cause it’s not just regular Pokemon, the way it was in Galar.” The mist parted to reveal a power spot. It seemed dormant, but all would know it for what it was.[break][break]
Not only that, it was natural, a wart popping up from the earth. That one was so close to Wedgehurst and yet the city still stood seemed to Navy a small miracle. Saying his prayer to Arceus, he moved on, Howard and the rest in tow.[break][break]
Plus the hands, and plain old angry Pokmon.” Like a poisoned Corviknight, which chose that precise moment to swoop down upon them. The party’s eyes turned upon it.[break][break]
It was pulled out of the sky with chains, peppered with arrows and shuriken, and left writhing on the ground. Navy stopped the others, climbing off Valkyrie and stepping up to the wounded Pokemon. There was terror in its eyes, and poisoned rage. Without a mind like or ’s, there would be no saving this Pokemon.[break][break]
So, Navy did the only thing he could do. He took out a dagger, and offered it mercy. It hurt his heart to do it, but this was not the first Pokemon he killed on his treks across Galar.[break][break]
Nothing can live out here, so long as Eternatus reigns.” Said the Rider.[break][break]
And so passed the first day of their journey, a learning experience for some, a reintroduction for others.

notes about this post

Notes go here

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
2,245 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
GARDEN OF AVALON
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2024 17:29:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","iconimg"]

In another world, he would've peeled back the layer of steel flesh that protected the Corviknight to see what made it tick. He was no biologist, but he was an anthropologist, skilled in the tinkering of bones and the remnants they left behind. It would've made for an interesting example of what would happen if Eternatus won. [break][break]

It won and reigned a world of ash and poison, yet it did not rule from the High King's seat. It held dominion over the world, but it did not rule it.[break][break]

It merely kept the world in stasis. The sun set on Galar, but 'today' never ended. The Wild Area had not changed an iota beyond the conquering of the region. There was no better example of the nature of Eternatus and the four that chose to follow him.[break][break]

"This place is miserable. Nothing can live here." Howard swung his halberd, severing one of Eternatus's noxious hands from the ground it sprouted from. Its hands curled inward on itself as it died, grasping for the noxious heaven it came from as it descended into hell. "This halberd is pretty nice, actually. Love the reach. It's so versatile, too!"[break][break]

He marveled at the weapon, impressed by its length. Zaria had chosen well. [break][break]

"How'd you know this would fit me?" He asked her, his eye as wide as a saucer as he beamed at her, clearly pleased at her decision. "Sixth sense? Intuition? Crazy magic?"[break][break]

In the distance, the Power Spot glimmered. It wasn't as massive as the monoliths in Hoenn, but they were far more plentiful here.[break][break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- March forward, squire.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay