he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2024 18:18:41 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner rapped on the door to 's office before pushing it open and letting himself inside. They had agreed to meet during Gunner's lunch hour, so the Head Ranger should expect his entrance. [break][break]

One arm curled around two paper takeaway bags from the local Unovan barbecue joint; in his other hand, he carried a cup tray with two coffees. His Umbreon, Laudine, followed at his heels. [break][break]

"Hey," Gunner greeted Ollie, nudging the door closed with his heel before striding across the room toward the desk. He set down the food and coffee on a bare space between Ollie's paperwork and other gadgets. "I got you some coffee. And this bag is yours, with your burger and fries." [break][break]

Commandeering the seat opposite Ollie's, Gunner grabbed the other takeaway bag. As he unwrapped his own meal, a pork belly egg sandwich and sweet potato fries, he asked, "So, did you get any leads?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3"]--accent:#D8AD43;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 14:50:04 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]
[attr="class","mmilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]

After his meeting with , Ollie was on edge. He hadn't been able to make contact with any of the people that he said that he would — all his texts to , , had gone unanswered.

[break][break] It was only who responded to him, with a messy string of text that could only be attributed to stealing her phone.

[break][break] He was a nervous wreck. But Ollie, expert at masquerading his emotions, somehow found it in him to hold it together. He had to.

[break][break] But not even had answered his texts yet. Or .

[break][break] He swallowed.

[break][break] When the door swung open, relief flashed bright in his eyes. Even though he knew was around - because he'd answered his texts - it was still a relief to see the other man in person and in one piece. He sighed.

[break][break] "You're trying to butter me up with my favorite food," he said, cheeks puffing out slightly, before he smiled and immediately popped some fries into his mouth. He shook his head, with slight dejection. "Not really."

[break][break] "Thomas and I went to the border. We saw — at least we know they're not dead."

[break][break] Which seemed - given the way that both he and had been in Kanto - the farthest thing from a comfort that Ollie could think of at the moment.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] --accent:#d49736; [/newclass]
[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2024 14:03:28 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner took a large bite from his sandwich and chewed as he listened to Ollie's update. He took the time to swallow and sip his coffee before replying, "Missing is better than dead, but not by much." [break][break]

Memories from the previous spring and summer flashed through his head. Not only had Team Rocket captured then-Councilwoman , but also and, later, . Gunner had spent long nights looking for all of them, searching every inch of the region for clues as to their whereabouts. [break][break]

In the end, all three had been recovered, but the cost of imprisonment had been steep. At least, he assumed that much. [break][break]

"I just got back from checking Councilwoman Morningstar's hotel room," he said. "There weren't any signs of a fight or resistance of any kind."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".gunner3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 4:22:42 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] 'Dead.'

[break][break] He swallowed around a bite of burger, trying to ignore the shiver of dread that came with such a thought.

[break][break] Memories of the conversation he'd shared with in that hospital room came to mind, the dream — no, the nightmare that she'd shared of his early death.

[break][break] He took a sip of his drink.

[break][break] "Penny either," he said, with a shake of his head. "And Pax hasn't responded to any of my texts."

[break][break] Ollie sighs, brows furrowed together.

[break][break] "It better not be Rocket. Not again."

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 20px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".mmilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .mmilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .mmilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".olliea .avatarimg img"]height:70px; width:70px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; float:left; margin:0px 20px 10px 0px[/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 14:13:59 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner rubbed the bridge of his nose, feeling the start of a headache forming between his eyes. "I had noticed Miss Livy wasn't in the office. If she's not answering even your texts, then that's definitely concerning." [break][break]

He tried not to make a habit of prying into his boss' private life or free time. could go wherever she wanted without him keeping close tabs on her, and she could talk with whomever she wanted, too. [break][break]

Gunner knew about her close relationship with —or, at least, he suspected it. But he'd never bothered asking about it. [break][break]

"If Team Rocket are the culprits, then they're going to have a difficult time keeping the Avatar of Chi-Yu under lock and key," he said, hoping to sound reassuring and confident. "We can count on her to escape with the others, though that shouldn't mean we should stop looking."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 1:25:16 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] 'If she's not answering even your texts, then that's definitely concerning.'

[break][break] A flush crawled up his neck at the insinuation that made, and Ollie couldn't help but let out a laugh out of discomfort.

[break][break] "Aw," he said, defaulting back into his usual teasing demeanor. "Are you saying that I'm special to her?"

[break][break] He tried to keep his tone light, but it was no secret that Ollie had acted out of pocket at the League Party. Though, he was pretty sure that what had happened on the balcony that night had been left out of prying eyes.

[break][break] "I'm flattered, but I think she's ghosted me more on texts than she would you or Pax."

[break][break] After all, no matter how much had already changed, there was one fundamental truth about that remained true. Work would always come first to her, with or without Ollie in her life.

[break][break] Back when they'd bene dating in their younger years, this was a fact that had frustrated him. But the Head Ranger had long since come to terms with the hierarchy of importance in Penny's life. Or at least, that's what he tried to tell himself.

[break][break] Ollie stuffed a hand into the nearby bag to pull out some more ketchup for their fries.

[break][break] "That helps," he says, biting into the golden goodness. "Thanks."

[break][break] "You - um - you fought them, right, with her before. Didn't you? I saw the news article."

[break][break] Fighting the other Ruinous Beasts back in Area Zero. Ollie repressed a shudder; he had already seen what was like, he didn't need to imagine what fighting two monsters were like.

[break][break] After a moment of pause, he confessed, almost guiltily, "You know, I don't know how you and Pax and Frey do it so well."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 11:24:19 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner noted the reddening of Ollie's skin, the awkward laugh, and the deflection but said nothing. Instead, he munched on his sandwich in silence until the other man brought up the battle in the Great Chasm. [break][break]

"Yeah. Against Fiorelli and Cross." [break][break]

That was how the HBIC connected the dots between Wyndon Pharmaceuticals, , and the Avatar of Chien-Pao. [break][break]

Ollie's soft confession prompted a raised eyebrow from Gunner. "Do what well?" the agent asked.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 13:22:30 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] Fiorelli and Cross.

[break][break] Lips pressed into a thin line. The other members of the Ruinous Beast triad. Ollie would have to commit those names to memory if he even stood a chance at protecting from the thing that burned inside of her.

[break][break] He blinked at 's question, then looked sheepish.

[break][break] "Well. You know. Everything. War. Fighting. Dying."

[break][break] Ollie blew out a long sigh.

[break][break] "Sometimes it feels so overwhelming. I don't know how you and Pax make it look so easy."

[break][break] Well, he knew the real reason. Both had experience in war that he didn't, that he hadn't wanted because he'd been the one to run away.

[break][break] Ollie stuffed some more fries into his mouth as he contemplated how to word what he was feeling.

[break][break] "Sometimes I feel like I'm just living in someone else's dream."

[break][break] And it wouldn't have a problem, not really, cause it wasn't like Ollie needed to be in the spotlight, except —

[break][break] "And sometimes, I just want to wake up."

[break][break] I want to run.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

[newclass=".olliea"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1a1a1a; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .olliea .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .olliea .textbox a { font:500 12px/10px 'Poppins'!important; } .olliea .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:600; } .olliea .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .olliea .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .olliea .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .olliea .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .olliea .bottom { height:45px; background-color:#272727; border-top:1px solid #333; background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png); background-size:cover; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; } .olliea .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .olliea .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .olliea .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .olliea .tagline { margin-top:-25px; margin-left:20px; } .olliea .tagline i { color:var(--accent); font-size:12px; font-family:Poppins; background:#222; padding:2px 10px; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #333; z-index:99; position:relative;} .olliea .tagline a { color:var(--accent)!important; font-family:Poppins!important; } .olliea .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 15:52:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner grew still as he listened to Ollie's confession. He waited until a break in his friend's thoughts before heaving a sigh and saying, "I'm only good at war because I chose it, Ollie. Not at first, but when war was forced upon me, I decided I couldn't look away." [break][break]

The agent knew he couldn't compare to , who had grown up in Kanto. A year spent living there as a foreigner was an experience that paled in comparison to having the comforts and joys of home ripped out from their hands. [break][break]

But when Gunner considered the life he could have had with the woman he'd loved, it all came down to the same thing, for him. [break][break]

"And if I don't fight well in the war, then do the people I care about really deserve me?" [break][break]

He thought about . About .

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 16:08:45 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] Guilt washed through him like a storm.

[break][break] , and how he'd abandoned him.

[break][break] , and how he's abandoned her.

[break][break] "That's good," he said, faking a smile. "I always knew you were that kind of person, bro."

[break][break] Ollie busies himself again by digging through the bag of fries, licking the salt off his hands when he's done with stuffing them into his mouth. He's not the most graceful of eaters, but he knows that someone like wouldn't care.

[break][break] They're friends, of course.

[break][break] "You're right. We're going to fight in the war together — and protect the people that we care about."

[break][break] And they have to, there's no other choice.

[break][break] "Actually, speaking of that. There's been something on my mind lately that I've been wanting to speak to you about. Since we can't do much on the missing people front, at least for right now, we should least work on preparations to avoid it."

[break][break] It was something that he should've done earlier. Guilt, once again, gnawed at him as he remembered that if he'd done this maybe earlier, he could've prevented needless hurt from those like or .

[break][break] "I need your help," he said honestly. "With the Amnesty Program."

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 18:12:10 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The Amnesty Program. [break][break]

Gunner stiffened, his serious expression darkening with a thin-lipped frown. Though their conversation hadn't exactly been an enjoyable one up to that point, it was not about to improve. [break][break]

"I don't know how much of a help I can be about it," he said, his words sharper and more clipped than usual. He forced himself to eat some sweet potato fries before he could lose his appetite completely. "Are you having problems with it?" [break][break]

At his feet, his Umbreon raised her head as she sensed her trainer's growing irritation.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 18:08:32 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] Ollie knew it would be an awkward conversation, one that he'd been avoiding for weeks now, but he thought about what he'd told about the Ranger Meetings. There was no running, not anymore.

[break][break] "Yes and no."

[break][break] He stabbed a fry into the ketchup, watching it bleed all over.

[break][break] "But I'm not asking you fix it, at least, not that way." His smile was wry. "I wouldn't do that to you."

[break][break] Much like , Ollie was sure that Gunner had some reservations about the program itself. He probably would've much liked to see the perpetrators behind bars.

[break][break] "But you know last year - all the problems we had with the kidnappings?" , , , , to name a few. They were all Rangers. And most either were connected to the Amnesty Program directly, like Caleb, or somehow tied to Rocket in general, like Elise or Elinor. "We can't do anything about our missing people now, but we should do something to prevent it."

[break][break] "I was thinkin'... maybe there's a way we can up the security, or be better at shadowing the attendees in the program so they don't get ambushed."

[break][break] "What do you think?"

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 3:48:50 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner tried to be patient with Ollie, but when the Head Ranger revealed his idea, the agent instantly hated it. [break][break]

"I'm not babysitting your defectors so they don't suffer the consequences of their own choices, Ollie," Gunner said, bristling. "It's bad enough we have to check on them like children who need reminders to do their homework or go to bed on time." [break][break]

The last person he'd had to perform check-ins on for the Amnesty Program was . Seeing the former Rocket's face every month had been too much. Too infuriating. And then he'd disappeared in between meetings. [break][break]

The League should have just executed Chu-e right away, in Gunner's opinion.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
awards
2,663 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 5:21:19 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olliea"]

[attr="class","textbox"] "They're not my defectors," he huffed in frustration, brought back to the memory of declaring the very same thing, only weeks ago. "The program is one supported by , so that makes them the League's responsibility as much as the Rangers."

[break][break] The Amnesty Program from the Rangers was, perhaps, the most well-known because of the various media coverage and the longevity of the program, but certainly not the only program to exist.

[break][break] "And I'm not saying you would have to babysit them," he adds, this time his expression growing more contemplative than it did frustrated. "But it causes more problems for the League when they're targeted by Rocket. You know that."

[break][break] Even when the League didn't want to expend resources to save them, it ended up becoming an even larger issue when those people weren't supported. The loud voices of successful defectors like and were just one reason, the fact that League agents like or were kidnapped was another.

[break][break] "What happens with the Amnesty Program reflects upon the League, whether we like it or not."

[break][break] Some might say they reflected upon herself.

[break][break] "I just want to figure out a way that we can all work together."

[break][break] "There must be something we can do," he stressed.

[break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
agent
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,445 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
DEAD ENDS [S]
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 1:59:44 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Gunner sighed. Not for the first time, he found himself frustrated by Ollie's naïveté. The Amnesty Program was a complex machine; therefore, it only possessed complex problems. To Gunner, it sounded like Ollie was looking for a simple solution. [break][break]

"Those problems are above my pay grade. If you want to look for solutions, talk to the Council. Talk to Miss Livy." [break][break]

After all, the HBIC's participation in the Amnesty Program came down to decisions made by its director. [break][break]

For a split-second, Gunner thought about not saying the following words, but anger and spite tempted them out. He could not help, also, that it was also a perfect opportunity to scold Ollie for his childishness. [break][break]

"And, you know, sometimes we don't all want to work together."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS