6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 5:55:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Dispatch, it's Elite Ranger Devlin," Josh radioed Mauville Law Enforcement as the child and her Luxray swerved abruptly in an effort to elude the Master of Faster. "I am in high speed pursuit of the target, southbound on Oneida and 61st Street. Getting us on radar and surveillance would be ideal, over." Since finding out from about Raikou having gone missing in the Kanto invasion, Josh wanted closure.

Though the League wanted to speak to for a different reason, apprehending her would be a convenient way to probe her for information related to the hunt. Little did Josh know that his quarry was far too young to know anything about the invasion so many years ago. Catching up to the girl would not be an easy task; her Luxray was very agile. Tailing her, the Gym Leader attempted to lure her onto a highway where she couldn't take advantage of her electric steed's agility.

ORIGINAL THREAD: Bury

{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Blitz          Luxray**        Good
Saber          Manectric       Good
King Zing      Beedrill        Good
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 1:14:51 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[attr="class","eris102"]TO THE MOON AND BACK, I'LL LOVE YOU MORE THAN THAT
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Dread floods her being, whispering a single word to her over and over.[break][break]

Run.[break][break]

From what? From whom? Reiner races through the streets, weaving through the crowds without time to waste.[break][break]

Run.[break][break]

Where is she? Why does she feel so sick? Closing her eyes, she leans and clings on tighter to Reiner, searching for any shred of comfort as her nerves mount a crushing attack.[break][break]

Run.[break][break]

Towards the forest. Away from danger.[break][break]

Run.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]uh oh sisters
[attr="class","eris103"]
[attr="class","eris103"]MUSIC
[break]
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris99]width:500px;height:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103 a]color:#333333!important;font:8px Helvetica;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris109 b]font:bold 10px Helvetica;color:#a0bad6;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Montserrat:400,700]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
796 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2024 22:20:37 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Guided by principle and justice, your mind is focused on your task and your senses are focused on your prey. Yet, as you get closer to Eris, you get the impression someone is at your back and whispering in your ear:

's voice asks: "are you ready for your judgement?"

Over the sound of blood rushing in your ears, the percussion of your racing heart, the force of your breath as it cuts past your teeth, you hear words come perfectly clear and nearly beamed into your mind, not unlike a lake spirit's guidance.

's voice comes to you from a gym challenge far in the past: "You, you’ve, you’ve proven you’re good enough.”
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2024 21:21:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was a forest the Leader knew all too well. Both Leaders, for Josh had also traversed it during a Gym Challenge. She would have the advantage there, though; her Luxray had a skillset more adept to cramped quarters, as opposed to Josh's Shiny one meant for chasedowns on the open highway.

He had to end the chase now. Before things got out of hand. With the streets near the forest's entrance closed, this was his big chance. There was nothing but wide-open street between him and the child. Leaning as low as he could on the electric lion, Josh dug hard into his mount's flanks, his Z-GLOVE and the QUICKINIUM-Z hidden beneath the Pokémon's fur glowing a brilliant yellow.

As Josh fired his Pokémon's Z-Move, the duo ready to go hypersonic, the Top Champion's voice rang between his ears.

"Are you ready for your judgment?"

He had already ordered the move, and the Luxray was already accelerating, intoxicated by the adrenaline rush of Z-Energy coursing through his innards. "Stop, Blitz! Stop!!" Tugging on the reins with all his might, he would attempt to turn his ultrafast Pokémon to run wide of Eris. The attack wouldn't be completely harmless even that wide, though it would reduce the electricity and physicality of the attack to near zero. The turning and braking flung Josh forward, sapping him of more strength than he would have liked for being on a Pokémon as fast as his Luxray was. 

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2024 5:02:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[attr="class","eris101"]WHEN YOUR SKIES ARE GREY, AND YOUR WHOLE WORLD IS SHAKING
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]There's no escape from this. Every fiber of her being screams that it approaches.[break][break]

And she dares to look it in the eyes. That monster that lunges towards her. That creature that passed judgement for her actions. Defining features swim in a murky, distorted pool, leaving nothing but an unrecognisable amalgamate that writhes and squirms.[break][break]

And perhaps, her own face writhes and squirms with a hungering fear.[break][break]

"You, you’ve, you’ve proven you’re good enough.”
[break]

Good enough? For what? Being good had never brought anything good for her. Even in this moment, he isn't here for her when she needs him.[break][break]

There is no bracing for what comes. The attack had never hit her. No, back then, it had been the shockwave that had caught her off guard, this time a sudden blast that seeks to throw her off Reiner's back. But this time, less harsh in its shove, forcing her to lean down and cling tight to him as he splays his feet to keep his balance.
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.eris100]width:500px;height:30px;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;line-height:30px!important;color:#f5f5f5;background-color:#333333;letter-spacing:2px;position:relative;z-index:1;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris101]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris102]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris101]margin-top:-30px;opacity:0;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris98:hover .eris102]opacity:1;-webkit-transition-duration:.4s;transition-duration:.4s;-moz-transition-duration:.4s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eris103]width:100%;padding:10px 0px;background-color:#a0bad6;text-align:center;font:8px Helvetica;letter-spacing:2px;color:#333333;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
796 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 20:15:47 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Your mind replays the past for a reason. Reason. Reason. Reason. Reason. Reason. Rea-

The RAINBOW FEATHER appears above Eris, falling slowly but unnaturally, as if the wind could not move it. Its light is brilliant. Should you reach for it or otherwise wish for it, it will come to you, but the closer it gets, the more dull it becomes, until it is gray. Should you touch it, it crumbles to ash in your hand. The ash cannot be wiped away. It can only be spread further, infinitely marking you.

As your pokemon splays his feet to come to a stop, you see an ADVENTURE GUIDE sitting on the ground ahead of you. Somehow, your mind recognizes it as a curio gained from a simulation run with Navy, one that might remind you of the sensation of cutting slowpoke tails. The guide shines bright, then fades with a digital aesthetic. What had you learned with Navy, then? There was a bridge here, between this traumatic event and the safety-not-safety of the simulation with Navy.

The spot where the guide had been is empty, but there is still some visual spark slowly bubbling where it was. It is gone now, but its absence has changed the world.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 17:25:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Great One's judgment was upon Josh, his precious RAINBOW FEATHER floating above . "Swift!" he called out, completely distracted by the feather's presence above the halted Luxray. He reined his own Luxray to a stop well past them, the electric cat's claws growing hot from the tremendous friction of their emergency stop. He turned around and rode toward Eris at a much more gentle pace.

Josh reached for the vessel containing his Beast. As he touched it, it disintegrated into ash. Ash that covered his glove. As he frantically attempted to wipe the glove clean, all it did was spread across his body like a virus.

And yet, Josh did not weep for the Raikou's loss. If Swift was the price of Eris understanding him once more, than so be it. But was Swift truly lost? His skin tingled the entire time, the ash laced with voltage that should have knocked him unconscious. And yet, it did not.

"...I have made a grave and selfish mistake," Josh admitted as he slid down from Blitz's back, frowning and full of self-remorse. "You aren't the person that has the lead I'm seeking. Do you need a hand getting back to the city?" he asked, being careful not to touch her with his static-filled body.

"Somehow, I think I know who you are. You're Eris, right?"

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 8:47:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]She sees it flicker. Blink and it's no longer there. Fuschia had fallen. Her life had crumbled. There is nothing left to her save for the little scraps she's pulled together to seem functional.[break][break]

"Stay away from me." The howling sense of deja vu is devoured by the strange remorse shown by this man. "You -" Her skin prickles, her fingers intertwined with Reiner's mane as he too, tenses and takes a step back. "You're lying."[break][break]

This is wrong.[break][break]

Her back burns fiercely as if someone were glaring holes right into her.[break][break]

This world is wrong.[break][break]

"YOU'RE LYING!"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
796 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2024 17:35:15 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

The electricity thrumming through your body feels alive, feels like adrenaline, feels right. It strikes you like lightning.

You are aware.

This is no normal dream. This is not your mind replaying a memory to work through your guilt. Something is wrong.

But the electrical feeling is gone. In its place is a deep chill. In its place is a hollowness. In its place is a blight. You know this is not a regular dream, but before you can act on it, your guilt manifests in a new, powerful way.

You walk the path of a hero, but it is not a hero who stood here before, and it will not be a hero who stands here now.

You are brought to your knees. Something is wrong. You cannot stand up or move, but you can speak freely. Somehow, you know the only way to regain control of your body is through Eris.

THIS PROMPT CANNOT BE CHANGED BY THE UN.

The mind can forgive a lot of mistakes when it is constructing an experience, but the sensation of wrongness swirls in your belly.

You feel something tickle your palm. Your hands are covered in the sparkling dust that can change a pokemon's coloring. Something children often mistake for real magic until they learn about the impact of Ledian dust on pokemon physiology. The shiny powder cannot be removed, only spread. You feel... empowered? 

Your gut feeling tells you this is wrong, this is not something your mind should be running with, this is not an ordinary dream, this -

The dust sparkles. Somehow, you know you have near-omniscient power. If you wave your hands, you can create anything or heal anything. You can do anything but wake up.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 2:31:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh slid off Blitz's back, he felt the electric-type's static coursing through him. Static that reminded him of the weeks after Kyle passed Swift on to him. It felt a storm was coursing through him, as though he was holding the reins of a living lightning bolt crackling from the sky to the earth at incomprehensible speed. This ride, though, was far less than thrilling.

It was a harrowing journey from cloud to ground, the crashing bolt hurling him to the ground.

Once the Champion had stepped off his mount, that surge of adrenaline had turned as cold as the air on the far side of the storm's front. On one side, sizzling summer temperatures; on the other, a chilly, fall day. The electricity was part of Josh, and having it torn from within him left only a sense of isolation. One so real that he began to shiver as insisted the Gym Leader was a liar.

The sense of isolation manifested itself physically. His legs stopped working entirely, his knees unable to bear his full weight. The vulnerable hero who once called himself the Determined, then called himself the Signer, was so paralyzed with his own emptiness that his limbs were frozen to the rocky ground as though it were ice in the depths of Shoal Cave.

"I'm..." Josh trailed off. "I'm..." Even Blitz began to walk away from Josh, his frame getting smaller as the Luxray walked past Reiner and Eris. "Whatever it is you think I'm lying about, I swear to you... I'm not. Eris... help me... I... can't move..." His four limbs shook, Josh unable to maintain even a crawling stance. All he could do was wince as he painfully tilted his head toward Eris, laying on the dusty ground belly first.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 5:26:24 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Bright, colourful. Like a little sparkler that burns on a lonely night on the beach. The glitter on her hands can't be wiped away against the rough fabric of her pants, only staining it the same iridescent shades.[break][break]

And somehow, as the puzzle continues to fracture and reshuffle, there comes a thought. The one who had hurt her, who had hurt Reiner, nearly killed him.[break][break]

Laying right here. Immbilised by pain? Unable to move. Swearing that he's not lying. Begging for her to help.[break][break]

"Why should I?"[break][break]

That breath that shivers as she takes a tiny step towards him. Then a bigger one as she realises that he really no longer can stand.[break][break]

"You're gonna hurt me again." Her left hand clenches into a fist, shaky fingers gently wrapped around the hilt of a blade.[break][break]

"If it weren't for them that day... if Isaac hadn't found us back then..."[break][break]

This is wrong.
We have the power.
[break]

Reiner growls, his eyes narrowed to slits as he bares his fangs. And finally, she has enough courage to stand before him, kneeling down to get a closer look at his face. With all that hesitance, with a sickening sort of thrill.[break][break]

"If I help you, you're gonna hurt us again."
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
796 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2024 16:26:48 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar

Hunter, hunted. Seeking, fleeing. Powerful, powerless. Knowing, unknowing. Perceiving, feeling. Heaven, Earth.

The dreamscape is solidified in counterbalance.

You are aware something will happen if you tip the scale.

THIS PROMPT CANNOT BE CHANGED BY THE UN.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2024 17:48:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In the real world, Josh had once made Eris nearly helpless, only her sacred partner saving her life with a discharge of MYSTICAL POWER. In his sleep, he was the one that was helpless. At the mercy of the one he had brutally attacked for even the faintest clue that let him pursue the god he wanted to be a friend of. It was a folly that had destroyed both their lives. He couldn't bear to see it happening again, but there was little he could do about it.

He had to put his trust in .

Even at knifepoint, his resolve remained. He was going to make this right.

"...You know ?" Josh asked Eris. "He helped me out of so many jams before he became AQUA. He made me see the error of my ways. Without him, I would not be where I am today." Even as Reiner bore down upon Josh, threatening to tear into him with sharp fangs, he remained calm, yet pleading.

"I swear to you, I will not," he replied, his limbs still. His shoulders, still. His eyes, still, unblinking, and tired. Their red hue a clue of how badly he wanted his paralyzed body to just blink them. And yet, the only muscles he could move were those powering his jaws and voicebox. "It's all in your hands now... please Eris... please..."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
5,210 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2024 0:41:50 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","eris98"]
[attr="class","eris99"]
[break]
A MILLION MILES AWAY
[break]
[attr="class","eris100"]
[break]
[break]
[attr="class","eris109"]Numerous jaws open and close, all at their own pace, all out of sync with the syllables she hears. Sharp fangs, teeth worn down to the bones. Some crooked, some missing. And those eyes that look at anywhere but her. All red, unblinking. Just like a shapeless, hungry monster that you'd find lurking in the depths of a holy sanctuary.[break][break]

Crazy, she had called him. So delusional that Raikou would never choose him. Those words that had drawn him into a frenzy are stuck between her teeth, repeatedly raking at her throat as that same riptide of emotions she'd felt that day.[break][break]

"Don't you dare speak his name."[break][break]

Her saviour. Her brightest light. Her dearest brother. To hear that name drawn upon Josh's breath makes her wish she could scrub that mouth clean. And yet, had one of the purer souls in this forsaken region. It sounded just like him to help even Josh, especially if they had some kind of bond way before then.[break][break]

Her head tilts, as if framing his face at a different angle might help her establish the fact that there's actually a person under that horrible amalgamation of shadows and eyes.[break][break]

"Why do you get to be so calm? Why do you get to beg me for help?"[break][break]

The shoulder, the stomach, any four of his limbs. All places where she and Reiner had been stitched together again. All places that gnaw with a dull ache.[break][break]

Eris.
[break]

Standing here, with a knife carefully held above her head, she can almost hear him, heavy upon her shoulders.[break][break]

We have to be better.
[break]

Being better is for those who can afford it, for those who have the strength and the will to rise above all. She is nothing like .[break][break]

Her hand lowers, the tip of cold steel ever so carefully rests on the centre of his chest. A threat that shivers, a promise that has yet to be forged in its entirety. In a space that is bound to disappear when they wake up, she is nothing without this knife she rests over Josh's chest.[break][break]

"Why?"[break][break]

Everything is wrong.[break]
Everything is wrong.

everything is wrong.
[break]

This knife that begins to shiver and chip at the edges, fine cracks streaking its surface like the tears that line her cheeks. She can feel that same pressure pressing against her own spine, threatening to pierce her right through if she dares take that step. And she shudders, sobs, chokes on her very own breath.[break][break]

"What gives you any right to ask me for help? After what you did?!"
[break]
[attr="class","eris103"]
[break]
NOTES
NOTES GO HERE
PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,863 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[SSG][C/Eris] Confront
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2024 4:24:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
They indeed had a bond going back before Josh and Eris had met one another; Isaac was one of the first friends Josh had made... and at the time, one of his fiercest enemies. He realized it, too. As much as League and Rocket fought, they needed to resolve their differences and fight as one. The DRK Triad did not respect the lines between League and Rocket. The gods did not. Most importantly, the Origin Point would not. The Origin Point would consume indiscriminately. League, Rocket, civilian, it did not matter.

"It's not about that, Eris," Josh began to rasp, paralysis shooting up his body and toward his neck, threatening to rob his ability to speak. The skin on his neck began to turn red from the tension of craning so uncomfortably high just to keep eye contact with the blessed child. "Isaac made me realize it, too. I knew him before and after he escaped Rocket. I got to see both sides of him. Eris, we need each other. We as a region only survived Meteno because we crossed political lines and worked together."

The young man wanted to fold his ash-covered hands in prayer, but could not move them. He was paralyzed from the shoulders down, the Master of Faster unable to even crawl. If he so much as flinched, Eris' knife would pierce his chest, and he would bleed out within minutes, unable to move a muscle. "Eris, what I did that day was wrong. I wronged not only you, but everyone you are connected to." He, too, began to cry alongside her.

"Eris, I'm so very sorry. In my ambitious pursuit of Raikou, I had forgotten what truly mattered." He deeply exhaled, his eyes briefly shifting to the girl's knife. "...Do what you feel is just. If this is the closure that you seek, Eris, then I have no regrets. I am ready to meet the Great One in Her kingdom. But I implore you. I want to help you through this. Think about this. What do you have to gain by taking the life of a Champion who is willing to lay down his life to protect Hoenn?"

In what Josh expected to be his final moments, he began to pray to his god. The god that had mysteriously vanished upon 's death.

"O Great One, hallowed by thy name. May thy kingdom come and thy will be done, unto the heavens and the earth. Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who have sinned against us. O Great One, let us not succumb to temptation, and in our darkest hour, rapture us from the evils of this world, where we can bask in thine glory for eternity. Amen."

{PC: 6}

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region