[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]With people constantly trying to keep track of her whereabouts, it had become somewhat of a challenge for her to try and go anywhere she wanted to, especially when she had to consider the little pixie she hid in her backpack. For weeks, she'd been hoping to check on her forest gym. Perhaps, even find good secluded spots to let Mesprit run about. But as she meanders down the winding dirt path, she can't help but notice how restless Reiner seems by her side.[break][break]

"Do you sense something, bud?"[break][break]

Try as hard as she may to look around, she catches nothing of great interest, save for the few skittering Pachirisu or hidden Sewaddles. Mesprit hasn't started kicking a fuss either so she imagines that it can't be anything that serious.[break][break]

"C'mon, Rosie is waiting for us."
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 5:58:14 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A high-ranking League official had tasked Mauville's Gym Leader with something he wasn't exactly thrilled to do: an interrogation of . Why couldn't they have Law Enforcement do that? He was a Ranger, not a police officer. Perhaps the League looked at his Gym battle with and figured the short temper he had put on display there would be useful in scaring her into giving up the information they were looking for.

It didn't feel right.

He couldn't say no, though. A Hoennian Gym Leader's duties extended well beyond that of testing trainers for a Badge. It involved assisting their city's mayor with management. It involved being a paragon of the city's defenses. For Josh in particular, it had even involved being an astronaut. While his role in the Meteno operation was important, it was one he was never given the choice to back out of. And this was no different. He would just have to do his best.

Turning a corner past his Gym on the northwest side of town, Josh caught sight of a short female whose physical description closely resembled that of the suspect he was to be trailing. He pulled back harshly on Blitz's reins as the shiny Luxray looked ready to pounce. "Not yet, Blitz," Josh chided his electric mount. "Keep tailing her. Quietly."

{WC: 220}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 9:08:16 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]What had begun as little bits of uncertainty now grew into full blown worry. Despite her reassuring Reiner that everything is fine in these woods, he refuses to let his guard down and continues to look around as if searching for something.[break][break]

And when he finally snaps around to growl, the worry explodes into paranoia as she hurriedly shifts her bag into her arms.[break][break]

"Who's there?"[break][break]

It can't be them... She doesn't want to see them. Every second that passes makes her mind scream for her to take yet another nervous step back, but she stubbornly holds her ground.[break][break]

"I know you're out there. Sneak attacks won't work on me."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 16:24:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh would have preferred to be led to the girl's base of operations, it seems he'd been had. Perhaps it was experience with her own shiny Luxray that easily let her detect the feline and rider. Either way, the Elite Ranger and Gym Leader were now in plain sight, the electric-type's menacing stare likely only escalating matters more. "Guess there's no hiding any longer," he thought, about to call out to the young lady. At least they weren't in a terribly busy part of town, so not too many people would have to witness it if things escalated.

"Good day!" Josh waved from the back of his Luxray, dressed in a solid blue Ranger uniform. "Elite Ranger Devlin and Gym Leader Devlin. You can call me Josh, though," he introduced himself, also sending out Saber, his Manectric. "I've been sent by Mauville Ranger HQ to ask you a few questions about recent events, specifically the Meteno operation. Can I get some of your time there, please? Saber here would be more than happy to give you a lift there if need be."

{WC: 181}
{PC: 2}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Blitz          Luxray**        Good
Saber          Manectric       Good
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 1:21:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She doesn't know how she's supposed to put what she's feeling into words. It certainly isn't relief, though a small part of her does embrace the fact that it isn't some Rocket operative trying to take her life. Is it her nerves? Or is it confusion?[break][break]

"Wouldn't they have gotten the information from pa? Since... whatever agreement he made about working with the League or something?" Having seen the identity of her mysterious shadow, she starts to weigh her options.[break][break]

She could just straight up leave and just take whatever lectures she had to later about cooperation; In all technicality, she wasn't ever asked to cooperate with interrogations. That sounds way better than being dragged to some ranger station and having to wait for to come pick her up, especially when she considers what - or who - she has with her.[break][break]

"I wouldn't have any info you haven't already gotten and I have places to be."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 5:29:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh never thought for a moment that this hunt would go smoothly. He subtly flicked Blitz's reins, the shiny Luxray now on edge. "This isn't a road you wanna go down, kid," the rash Elite Ranger spoke down to her, both physically and tactfully. "It won't take too much of your time. You're not in trouble. We just have a few questions about the roles of a few people on the League's Most Wanted List regarding Meteno, and we believe you have some connections to them."

By now, it was clear that the young female was hiding something. Rosmontis, Mauville's Minor League Gym Leader, sounded a lot like this girl, yet subtly different. Though there were striking similarities between the two, Josh simply didn't make the connection. After all, there were too many similar girls in Hoenn. On top of that, she was a Gym Leader approved by then-Director . The League trusted her. Josh trusted her. "If it's immunity you're looking for, I will do everything in my power to broker a deal. We just need you to answer some questions," he reiterated.

{WC: 184}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 13, 2023 7:06:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"First off, I don't have anything that someone like hasn't already said. And I doubt you're allowed to be threatening me like this. I know what deals pa made with the League, and I know that you're not on the list of people we have to answer to." She doesn't back down even when he tries to exert pressure over her. She doesn't because she won't let herself get run over by someone trying to wave around their authority, nor will she spill anything about the family she still cares for.[break][break]

As the other Luxray tenses, so does Reiner, his lips drawn thin as he pulls Eris closer to him.[break][break]

"When the other League officials come to ask questions, they send notices in advance and don't go around trying to ambush me." Keeping her voice still takes a bit more effort than she'd like, but she manages with a quiet mental push from Mesprit.[break][break]

"Cian would probably have more information than I do, since he's the one that leaked the plans. And if your questions are really that important, you can just ask them here, can't you?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 6:14:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Blitz let out a snarl that caused his rider to flinch from how unexpectedly strong the vibration was. This Luxray was fired up. Big time. Josh's eyes were filled with a metaphorical fire. Saber crouched and slinked forward, looking like he was going to pounce at any moment. Yes, Cian would have more information, but it was his intent to perform a cross-examination by asking the Rustboro Gym Leader questions after talking to her.

Josh shook his head as sparks flew from his mount's paws. "You're starting to test my patience, kid," his professional facial expression turning into a scowl. "You want to resolve this peacefully, this is your last chance. Otherwise, I can't guarantee your safety. And trust me, you don't want to be on the bad side of this city's Gym Leader." Both the electric-types' red gazes were piercing ones, trying to intimidate her into backing down. Josh had his doubts it would work, but he had to try!

{WC: 161}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2023 7:17:58 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Aren't you gonna call for someone to back you up? How else would I know you aren't lying?" She snaps back, tightening her grip on her backpack. "How do I know you aren't gonna end up taking me somewhere I'm not familiar with? Or hurt me regardless if I don't give you the answers you're looking for?"[break][break]

He's ready to pull the trigger, and she's finding less and less reasons to think that he'll actually fulfil his end of any deal they make. His pokemons' red eyes do nothing in scaring her when they reflect her own vermilion eyes. And if her stubbornness isn't enough to make him crack, there's a mild pressure that emanates from her figure, a quiet malice that brews and bubbles as it demands for the Luxray and Manetric to back down - Whilst Mesprit had been keeping quiet on the matter thus far, she wouldn't allow further threats to slide.[break][break]

"Like I said, you can ask me your questions right here, right now. And I will answer if I can."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 7:40:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh tried to reassure Eris he indeed was a figure of authority, showing the young lady her Ranger badge and armband, the former of which had his first and last name on it. "You are from Mauville, aren't you? Have you any idea the time and work it takes to build the track record to be called an Elite Ranger?" Eris was right; though he was technically on a Law Enforcement mission, as his credentials were being presented, arresting individuals was something a Ranger didn't do, with a few specific exceptions, such as arresting poachers.

The PRESSURE from the lady washed over him like that horrific day when he sat astride the Iceborne Mirage, Articuno. The very presence of the bird had been vomit-inducing. This presence wasn't nearly as bad, but with the number of legendary Pokémon he had been in the saddle of, perhaps it was just getting used to it. Either way, it gave him pause. Perhaps he needed to take less drastic measures before going all-out to bring her in by force.

He wanted to bring the lady to Ranger HQ for a reason: they had recording equipment there, so all of her words would be on tape. Any evidence he collected here would never hold up in a court of law without a recording. He could record the conversation using his phone, but that would be too obvious. It was clear by now that she wasn't coming willingly. As much as it pained him to do so, he had to give the order. For the League.

"...Saber, THUNDER WAVE."

{WC: 264}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 11:45:04 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Why would I know anything about... whatever or how the ranger system works? A- and what does being an elite ranger have to do with anything??"[break][break]

Hell, she doesn't know what 's ranger rank was. She doesn't even know they had ranks to begin with. All she knows is that rangers weren't ever on her list of people that would interrogate her and when situations were out of the ordinary, she would defer to protocols that she'd been through before. But her requests for familiarity seems to click quite differently for , who doesn't hesitate to make the first move.[break][break]

Instincts kick in before she even registers it, her leg swung over Reiner's back right as he makes a break for the twisted treelines. Her heart pounds against her chest, her fingers fumbling through her list of emergency contacts on her phone.[break][break]

"Keep running, Reiner! He's gone mad!

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 1:14:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't expect the young girl to cooperate with the League's investigation to begin with. He was expecting her to fight back, but instead she chose to flee. And flee fast she did; that shiny Luxray could ever put on some speed. The other shiny Luxray at the scene, though, was no slouch in that department, either. "After them, Blitz! Hyah!" the Gym Leader cried, stomping on the metaphorical gas pedal by digging his heels sharply into the electric lion's black fur. It was a nonverbal signal to dash at full speed, and one Josh didn't use lightly.

Once the Luxray and Manectric were up to speed, Josh let go of the reins long enough to speed-dial Mauville Law Enforcement dispatch, forwarding the call to his comms unit. "Dispatch, it's Elite Ranger Devlin! I am in high speed pursuit of the target. Headed southbound on Oneida Road passing 61st Street. Requesting immediate backup and radar tracking, over."

The girl's Luxray was swift. Really swift. It was clear from the beginning that while Josh's Luxray had more speed, Eris' was more agile, weaving around honking traffic and able to take turns much more tightly than the Gym Leader did. He wanted to end the chase with a Z-Move here and now, but without a long, cleared-out road to follow, it would be far too dangerous. She was slowly gaining distance from the Gym Leader. He needed to lure her onto a highway, and fast!

{WC: 243}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 2:34:57 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Panic doesn't often take hold of Reiner, but having experienced separation from Eris every time he's been knocked out, something in his mind starts to run wild. Breaking towards the treelines makes him realise that he's taken off in the wrong direction, his eyes struggling to readjust to the rush of sunlight as he dashes through the streets.[break][break]

With how small he is compared to regular Luxrays, Reiner knows how easily he can weave through crowds, making sure to wrap his tail around Eris' waist just in case she gets swung off by his sharp turns. Even in the midst of passing scenery bleeding into mere shapes and colours, the both of them know that people are watching, taking videos and pictures of this chase that wasn't even her fault to begin with. But none of them step forward to offer help, none of them figure that a panicking child being chased by someone else is the slightest bit concerning...[break][break]

Because it's someone from the League that's trying to chase her? Because she's that kid from Rocket?[break][break]

"Left." She murmurs in Reiner's ears, hanging on tight as he promptly shreds the corner. And continuing down this road allows them to break once more into the forest, leaping deftly over protruding roots, ducking under twisted vines and zigzagging amongst the trees. Since 's Luxray struggles with maneuvering tight spaces, she may as well use that fact to her advantage.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,065 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2023 17:12:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Blitz was a fast Luxray, perhaps one of the fastest in Hoenn; it was a sign that he was a pride leader when he was wild. While not a Former Alpha, as that would be uncomfortably large for him to sit on, he was big, and being big had its disadvantages, too. "Blitz, after her! Use your QUICK ATTACK!" His racing experience would allow the two to rapidly close the gap as the black-and-yellow cat put on a burst of speed that would have made most queasy. Surely, his quarry wouldn't have been able to keep up with a Luxray trained almost exclusively in going fast?

It turned out that while Mauville was Josh's home turf, it was 's, too. She took a sharp swerve into the Forest of Secrets, her own home turf she, as Rosmontis Luna, had to have known extremely well. Josh grunted loudly from Blitz slamming hard on the brakes, sparks flying from his claws as he, too, whipped around the corner. "Dispatch, Elite Ranger Devlin. She took a turn into the Forest of Secrets. Form the best perimeter you can, but it's vast. Try to keep radar contact with me."

Once he got into the forest, it was one rough ride. As it turned out, the larger Luxray had to slow down a lot to weave around the roots and branches that would get in the larger rider's way. The chase would be Reiner's agility advantage versus Josh's speed advantage. Who would win?

{WC: 248}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,762 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
bury || c
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 0:08:14 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Contacts, contacts... Who does she call? Who can get to her side quickest? Who will even pick up?[break][break]

She dials the first number that comes to mind, desperately praying for the horrible ringing to be replaced by some voice as she gingerly guides Reiner from time to time. And as soon as she hears a crackle, anything that indicates the call connecting, she hopes that is the one receiving all of this.[break][break]

"The forest! Someone's chasing us a- and they've tried to taze-"[break][break]

Her sentence breaks with a tiny whimper as Reiner suddenly deviates from their original path. With how long it's been since they've checked on this place, the forest has moved at its own pace and formed new obstacles - Fallen tree trunks, deep mud pits, tilted trees that look like they're about to crash at any moment. Still, the Luxray is best at navigating these terrains, his claws digging into whatever surface he might find as he deftly ascends a rocky slope.[break][break]

"Leave us alone! I don't know anything!" She yells back, struggling to keep her voice together despite the nauseating waves of paranoia that slosh in her stomach. "If you're just doing this for personal reasons, I have nothing to tell you! Just go and ask Cian! Or pa!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT