Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ULTRA CRATER: EF #2
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 7:01:12 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa2"]
[attr="class","top"]

It's such an unexpected proclamation -- almost absurd, were it not surely true -- that a startled laugh escapes past her lips. It sings with a bright, bell-like sound that chimes with a genuine ring of amusement.[break][break]

There's a relief that comes with laughter. As if she's purged something heavy that had pressed itself against her lungs.[break][break]

"And I've defeated Celebi as well," she concedes, the jest as true as his own, though she does not give detail enough to confirm it. "Perhaps I underestimate both our capabilities."[break][break]

Her shift in mood relaxes the Shaymin in her arms, and it hums a little, snuggling up close with half-lidded contentment. Absentmindedly, she begins to pet it without seeming to notice she's doing so.[break][break]

"You make it sound so easy," she murmurs, "but there are things that chase you always."[break][break]

She wants to dismiss it, but a strange nagging sense that there is more to this stops her.[break][break]

Her hand halts in its motion, suspended over her Shaymin's fur.[break][break]

"How long did it take for you to move on?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]
[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa2"] --accent:#db7093!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 7:13:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

ULTRA CRATER: EF#2

THE WILDS

“DID YOU NOT BELIEVE ME?”

the quirk of his eyebrow teeters between mirth and irritation. a well knowing look that cements itself in a long drawn out history.

when i told you i was an exceptional trainer?

after all, how could she? he was young. naive. half dead from trying to do too much too quickly. just another fool failing to heed the reputation of MOUNT SILVER.

he drops the accusation with a begrudging sigh.

then let them chase. they will never catch us.

he kneels once more but its far from a bow. his squat brings him level with the ground, letting him pat it with the same reassurance that compacted the craters above him. holes to be filled. goals to meet and reach. an impossible task, on the surface, but a task he completes nonetheless with a bit of imagination and sheer spite.

his nose crinkles.

are you asking to ask, or do you really want to know.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 7:20:28 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Had he said that before? That he was an exceptional trainer? Her own brow crinkles in mild confusion, so sure he had painted himself otherwise. He'd downplayed his skill, or so she remembered, at least.[break][break]

A lot could change in two years. Memories could fray. She'd long learned to stop trusting her own account of history, save for the truth of how others made her feel.[break][break]

"I want to know," she repeats quietly. The Shaymin squirms restlessly in her grasp, seeking a warmth she won't provide. "You're not the first person to tell me these things, but I have yet to meet someone who means them."[break][break]

You can run, and run, and run, but the shadow never stops chasing you. No matter how many days you hide in an ivy-wreathed cottage, or how many nights you lose talking to a stranger to stave off the nightmares of the life you left behind.[break][break]

"It's hard for me to believe someone, if it's a path they haven't walked before."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#db7093; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 7:47:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

“HM.”

doubt clouds his judgement. pride shifts him to lie. a habit so instinctual, it’s hard to catch. it flows with the same fluidity of his thoughts.

but inaction catches him as the safety net it was always meant to be. silence makes the moment personal as the world quiets around them. all to set the stage for the answer everyone is dying to hear.

i never did,” he admits in a low voice.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 7:57:00 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

There's respect in silence.[break][break]

After he answers, she doesn't disturb the sanctity of that moment, merely listening as she lowers herself to join him on the ground.[break][break]

"I believe you," she says, though she isn't sure which grief she believes. His eye, maybe. The loss of his Avatarship, perhaps. The death of his family, even. He could mourn many things, though he'd denied that regret so many times before.[break][break]

Until recently, she reminds herself. That thought lingers awkwardly behind, like a puzzle piece she can't find a place for yet.[break][break]

"I think... people just distract themselves. As long as they can, at least, until they're forced to remember everything again."[break][break]

Her Shaymin crawls up on her shoulder, shaking its fur before draping itself around her neck. She debates if she should say what she does next.[break][break]

"It's not always pleasant," she warns him softly, "waking up from the dream."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 8:12:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

“IS THAT SO?”

his laugh is inappropriate. personal. given just enough room to exist between them and nothing more.

just because you never move on does not mean you don’t move forward.

his hand reaches out gingerly, straying dangerously close to her face, only to settle on the SHAYMIN’s fur instead.

distractions are just regrets you refuse to admit.

he looks to her.

and i have no time for distractions when faced with the present.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 8:26:41 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Time slows as his hand draws close to her face. She freezes in place, breath catching in her throat as she closes her eyes on reflex.[break][break]

The mind may forget, but the body remembers how it has been wronged. Hers has been wronged in many ways by many men.[break][break]

Did he know, that night she'd first allowed him to know her, how long it had been since she'd known safety in another's arms? She'd lied and told herself she was someone else with him. Someone braver. Someone unruined.[break][break]

Here, she has nothing to shield herself against the awfulness of who she is, except for the shimmer of pink mist that dances in his eyes. And even that, she believes, can't lie exquisitely enough to save her.[break][break]

Somehow the inevitable touch doesn't come. Her Shaymin stirs, an affectionate mewl appreciating the attention he lavishes on the Pokemon. She exhales, releasing a breath she'd not realized she was holding.[break][break]

"And if I'm the distraction?" she asks, blinking open a single eye to catch his unwavering stare.[break][break]

She doesn't expect the piercing way he looks at her, and all of a sudden she wishes the moon wasn't shining in all its splendor, so she could hide her face from him in the night.[break][break]

"You assume everyone is walking forward. Some of us seem to walk backward, no matter what we do."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 8:35:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

“YOU CAN’T BE.”

his answer is firm. instant. confident in itself.

and you never will be.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 16:40:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Where he becomes sure of his answer, she wavers in her own.[break][break]

Unbothered by any internal strife, the Shaymin joyously leaps into the man's arms, trusting it will be caught in the way all infantile creatures trust in the inherent goodwill of others.[break][break]

She stares at him now with both eyes open, struggling to determine what it is she wants from him, if anything.[break][break]

'And what do you owe him?' another small voice asks, one that she's afraid to answer. 'When he realizes what it is you've done to him, intentional or no, what debt will he expect you to pay?'[break][break]

This would be easier if she had even half of his arrogance. This would be simpler if she had made this choice consciously, instead of had the choice made for her by a deity she has yet to understand.[break][break]

"You asked what I can produce," she says at length, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Her eyes question him before her lips do the same. "What did you mean by that? Is there something you believe I'm meant to do?"[break][break]

Ruination is her birthright. She's reconciled herself to that end.[break][break]

But he does not speak like a man who has accepted the fate of the condemned, as she has.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 4:48:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

HE HOLDS THE POKEMON AS HE WOULD HER OWN. arm bent, set to provide the most surface area for it to remain within the crook of his elbow, forearm, and chest. prime real estate for a ZORUA to nest in, cradled until feeding time.

it’s another memory that seems crystal clear during its inception despite not knowing how it ends. where is that pokemon now? and it’s trainer?

ruined?

nothing is forever.

probably. but matters like those are best left out of the out of sight and out of mind. for no matter how much he lies to himself that persephone matters, she had only been an uncanny replacement. a contingency that came as a package deal with the true object of his affection.

no matter what pledge i make or what words anyone tells you; there’s no way to know they’ll last until they’re broken.

a spitting image that, in this moment, pales, in comparison to elisabeth’s own.

it is what you do with that, until it is broken, that matters. the fruits of your labor and how you relish in them until they’re gone.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 4:56:40 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She looks at him blankly, understanding his words intellectually while emotionally unable to grapple with their meaning.[break][break]

Is this how other people live? Do they work endlessly towards ambitions they expect to see rewarded, and then bask in the fruits of those efforts?[break][break]

It's so hard for her to imagine. Only gardening has ever offered her such consistency, and even that has eluded her for over a year now.[break][break]

"You're right. Nothing is forever," she says instead. Already she knows this moment is proof of that. Bitterly, she wonders how quickly he will turn on her again, and whether or not she will be startled by the inevitable turn when it comes.[break][break]

If could turn on her, then nothing and no one would remain safe. This man most of all.[break][break]

"I've always suspected we have something in common," she ventures, watching the way her Shaymin curls up comfortably in this stranger's arms. "Our work is thankless. The League relishes in what you accomplish, not you. My work is much the same."[break][break]

The destruction of and had been a win for and Rocket. It had been her handiwork, but not her victory.[break][break]

"It's been a long time since I accomplished something worth doing, all on my own merits and my own ambitions."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 5:46:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

HE SAYS NOTHING OF THE LEAGUE. she knows that much. the league cares little for him and in return he care nothing for them. they are just the means to an end. a burden he must shoulder out of necessity rather than altruistic morals.

for her.

then why do you do it?

there’s a sharpness to how his face contorts. fine wrinkles fold in justified anger.

when will you put yourself first, el?

anger on her behalf.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2024 5:54:35 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Because there's a difference between a desire and a need."[break][break]

Her own tone sharpens a bit, though not with anger, but with chastisement. Life has taught her to minimize her own wants, to be vigilant of what is expected of her so that she can dance that tightrope without falling.[break][break]

"I perform what is needed, regardless of whether I desire to do so. I put my survival first."[break][break]

She levels him with a withering look, one that sends her Shaymin anxiously burrowing into the crook of his neck.[break][break]

"You should know better than anyone that power comes with the burden of more responsibility. With it, the less your own wants matter. You begin to represent something more than yourself. You, the individual, start to be erased."[break][break]

Her arms cross, and when she fails to suppress the scowl that betrays her displeasure at her predicament, she forces herself to gaze skyward at the moon.[break][break]

"Whether or not you want to be."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
9,099 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 22:03:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THE WILDS

“THAT IS THE BURDEN OF SOMEONE TRYING TO CHANGE THE WORLD.”

the shift in her scolding is not lost upon him. how can it be when her own gratitude sides with him instead of its owner. if anything, it adds credibility to all their years of bickering. back then, they could always attribute it to the naivety of youth, even if she would never say so directly.

now? her words only prove true because he will bend over backwards to her. the rest of reality rejects her.

not someone who is just surviving.

the moonlight baptizes her in his prayer.

you can do more than just survive, you just think too little of yourself. of what you have.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,742 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2024 2:57:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

She can't remember what that's like, to live without fear. Still, he makes it sound so tangible, able to be grasped if she but only extends a hand and seizes it.[break][break]

There's danger in letting something like hope take root. Small as it is. The Shaymin and their Gracidea flower taught her that, three times over.[break][break]

"And what would you have me be?" she challenges him, arms still crossed as she turns back to the lunar expanse. It's an unfamiliar world, and she finds peace in that. If everything here is strange, then nothing here is normal. "What world do you imagine I could create?"[break][break]

Her imagination is limited enough; she wonders at the limits of his.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing