August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 13:40:57 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Watch was an important part of every Rocket’s job, at least for the Grunts. With around, Sootopolis itself was generally safe, or he’d heard on some grape vine somewhere. Still, it might well have been a point of discipline, or perhaps it was someone high up who got a kick out of making him do the most inane jobs.
[break][break]
But as he sat on the rocky dome, with not even a fire to use, and a member he hadn’t worked with before as his company, he was really regretting having quit smoking since his return from that Galarian dream.
[break][break]
”This fucking blows.”
[break][break]
Then again, not a lot sparked joy for the present him, even the combat he used to love so much was hollow to him.
[break][break]
”Hey hey, you. What’s your name bud, might as well pass the time if we’re gonna be mindlessly bored.” He patted the ground next to him, kicking up little bits of dust.

[attr="class","fakebqooc"][break]

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq"]--accent:#975fb2;font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq b"]color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq a"]font:12px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h1"]font:bold 16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq h2"]font:bold 14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .credit a"]font-size:14px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King of Cats

The Caged Bird - Torikago
He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
"For so long we talk about our dreams..."
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 16:20:38 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

As Kokou was standing next to a wall, a fortification to a Team Rocket base, he smoked a cigarette. Kokou picked up smoking when he was sixteen, a habit that would stick with him throughout his life. He was chiefing away on a menthol cigarette, posted next to another Team Rocket member. The man hadn't spoke to Kokou since the mission started and Kokou was beginning to wonder what kind of guy this fellow was, when suddenly he spoke up. In response, Kokou said, "My name is Kokou. What's up?" Kokou was short and brief. He wasn't exactly a friendly sort of guy, but he did enjoy the company of people once he warmed up to them.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 22:38:05 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kokou, it was a name that came off the tongue rather easily, Kouji nodded before he extended a hand. ”I’m Kouji. Nice to meetcha.” He forced a smile onto his face, a grin that couldn’t fully reach his eyes.
[break][break]
”Just tryna shoot the breeze while we’re on watch. You been around for long? Some shifts are boring, and during others you end up watching the sky being eaten up by pure blackness.”
[break][break]
He hadn’t been in Rocket for the darkest day, but he could still remember just how utterly unnatural that had been.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".fakebq .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".fakebq .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2024 23:13:04 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

From the distance, a bird type Pokemon came flying into the scene. Kokou had released Sora, the Rookidee, into the air to do a scan of the area. One of the benefits of having a bird type Pokemon, when it came to reconnaissance, was that people didn't take notice of flying birds. Rookidee was able to inspect the whole area in just ten minutes, and report back promptly to his master. Kokou had a careful touch with his Pokemon, he treated them as if they were instruments of war, but he did have a certain respect for each of his Pokemon. They had all served him well, and Sora was one of his most loyal Pokemon. The Tiny Bird Pokemon landed on Kokou's shoulder and began tweeting away, telling him that no suspicious entities had been seen.
[break][break]
With Sora on his shoulder, Kokou replied to Kouji. "Nice to meet ya, bud." Kokou stuck his fist out for Kouji to pound it. "I've been around for about two years. Mostly running debtors through the mill, collecting money for the bosses. Recently they have been wanting to see me take a more executive position in the organization. I can't say I'm happy to. I'm just here for the money. Stealing Pokemon, taking over Hoenn, that shit's secondary to me." Kokou looked up into the sky and his Rookidee began tweeting again. "What about you Kouji, what are you here for? Money, fame, power? You fancy yourself a yes man?" Kokou continued looking up into the inky black sky.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 5:45:38 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Ah.
[break][break]
”Looks like you’re my senior. Those kinds of jobs are nice, my first job was having to join an invasion of Dewford while we fought over a rift to a parallel…Realm? While huffing on mist that makes you trip the fuck out.”
[break][break]
Saying it aloud was almost cathartic, but at the same time it sounded absolutely absurd. He had fought before, he’d had pokemon battles before, but that was a painful day all around. Especially the long battle he had against Michael Navidson.
[break][break]
”Money’s all well and good…But I’m here…” What was he here for? Kouji had been raised to become part of Rocket. He’d hoped to change the world through Rocket, but now?
[break][break]
”Just doing my part, destroying our enemies where I can, and getting my ass kicked for when we need a fodder wall.” He said with a derisive snort. ”Happens more than you think.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 15:24:57 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

"Your senior? I don't know about that. I just participate in small time thuggery. You sound like you have achieved way more for the mob than I have." Kokou replied to Kouji. He didn't feel any shame in his life of small time crime. Kokou liked banging out punks on the street corners, but he couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy that Kouji had achieved so much. To have your name etched into eternity, well that did sound appealing to Kokou. 
[break][break]
When Kouji spoke about a parallel realm, Kokou was intrigued. He had never considered exploring the realms that he heard only legends about. To meet someone who had endured such tribulations, well it was certainly awe inspiring. Kokou adjusted his posture and asked, "What can you tell me about parallel realms? Are they like our world?" Kokou had a sort of innocence in his eyes. He didn't know much about what Kouji was speaking of, after all, he was just a small time criminal in a sea of mob bosses.
[break]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 22:58:08 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”A senior is a senior.” Kouji said with a shrug as he leaned up against the wall, he wasn’t interested in smoking; even if his mind really wanted one he cut that feeling off.
[break][break]
”Yeah, and no. The ones I’ve been to are known as Ultra Wilds, I ain’t really know all too much how things have happened. One of them was a mechanical kingdom, a buncha metal dolls, pokemon, and no humans, but signs there might’ve been once upon a time. The other one…”
[break][break]
The borders, a place of death, where the spirits of the lost wandered, it might have been the place that people went to after death but…
[break[[break]
”The borders is an afterlife, people go there before…What’s after that, I don’t know much, but I did get possessed there, crazy place; utterly nuts. You should check it out, its super humbling.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 0:14:40 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

While he listened to Kouji, Kokou took a deep drag on his cigarette. What Kouji spoke of, the after life, was truly a mystery to Kokou. Ever since he had lost his mother, Kokou spent many sleepless night wondering what happened to the spirit of the dearly departed. He had spent so much time thinking about it that Kokou didn't know what he believed. But what he believed mattered not, compared to the face of reality that Kouji spoke of. Kokou exhaled his cigarette smoke, then said to Kouji, "Maybe I should check it out." He flicked his cigarette onto the ground. 
[break][break]
The young man's words trailed off like the hots of a cigarette on a dark night, the meaning behind them lost on Kouji. Kokou was a mysterious man, he didn't let others know much about him, but in this moment, perhaps thinking on his mother, Kokou as vulnerable. He said to Kouji, "I've always wondered what happened to the dead, yanno, when they pass on." Kokou paused for a moment, then continued. "I always figured souls were reincarnated, seemed to make the most sense. Did it seem like the beings there were imprisoned? Was it like a hell?" Kokou's curiosity was getting the better of him. His normally cool persona was being tarnished by a child=like desire to learn about the world. Such was life for The Caged Bird.

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 2:11:29 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”I’ll come with you whenever you decide to go, it’s not a place you can go to unprepared.” Kouji said as he thought about the man’s musings, a wistful smile on his face, a part of him had always wondered about what happens to those who pass for ages, and even now he wasn’t really sure what truly happened to someone.
[break][break]
”Can’t say, I haven’t died yet. But a lot of spirits end up there, that much I can say, and then they pass on when they’re ready…It’s like an empty place, not much there. It was…Peaceful? Almost. When I got possessed, they tried to make me join ‘em. But, it doesn’t seem like hell, and a part of you wants to stay there, like a part of you is supposed to be there?”
[break][break]
He wasn’t even sure if what he was saying applied, but that was how it had felt to him. ”But, once that’s done, that call is gone. You ever felt like throwing your keys off a bridge? It’s a bit like that. But a whole place. Humans might go there, and come back in some shape after they pass on, or the spirits that stayed there are fake…Who knows? That’s the mystery of life.”

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 2:27:47 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

"Very interesting.." Kokou said to Kouji. He was impressed by how much the young man knew about this spirit realm. Kokou had never heard such a tale and it really struck a chord with him. "So, speaking of realms. Tell me what you know about these different realms. How do you get there? I'm just a normal guy, I've never heard much about the finer things in life." Kokou gave Kouji a smile and pulled out a bag of candy from his jacket pocket. They were cherry sours, his favorite kind of candy. Kokou held it up to Kouji, offering him some of his treats. Kokou liked Kouji, he was knowledgeable and Kokou had the opportunity to learn something from him. If there was one thing that tKokou was, it was studious. He had always excelled in school, thank to his high intellect and dynamic reasoning, but it was nice to speak with someone about the more simple things in life. Though, the afterlife was far from simple, it seemed like it was on the outside.

[/font][/blockquote]
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:15:37 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji passed up on the sweets, he wasn’t into sweet things to begin with. His eyebrow rose as Kokou asked how to access them. ”It’s too simple to access even, just outside Littleroot down is a huge hole, right at the bottom of it is Mechanical Kingdom. It’s like that for other places. Something or someone is connecting us to them.” He stated, his voice dour, his tone serious.
[break][break]
”Don’t treat them lightly, there’s things in every one of them that will try to kill you if given the chance.” A warning, properly given, he hoped it worked out well for Kokou if he chose to go into them. The boons one could get from visiting those places was well worth it.
[break][break]
”Make sure to bulk up a bit, maybe carry some salt and incense?” He decided to kill the serious mood there.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 4:56:36 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar
Chuckling at the idea of incense, Kokou put away the serious talk. He didn't want to get caught up in his feelings on his mother, and that was inevitable when he talked about the dead. Kokou wasn't afraid of the dead, but he certainly had respect for the hold the dead had on the living. Popping a cherry sour into his mouth, he humbled in agreement. "Yeah, I don't think I will be exploring those any time soon. My team is still young, maybe after they evolve and grow in strength. Maybe." Kokou liked his life of mediocrity, he definitely didn't want to play the hero exploring unknown realms. He swallowed his candy and then said to Kouji, "So, how long do you think we will be at this guard? Rowlet says there is nobody around for at least a mile. We should be safe slacking off, ya think?" Kokou stored his candy back in his pocket.
close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:22:15 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

”Hmm…Yeah I think we’ll be fine slacking off, wanna go catch a meal?” Kouji said as he stretched out, and turned his hips until he felt his lower back begin to crack and then hopped on his feet for a moment.
[break][break]
”I can help ya with training plans. Most of my pokemon know a couple tricks or two.” He said as he rolled his shoulders before he looked back at Kokou, the guy was younger than himself. Not a full two years, but also now that he’d gone through his time distortion, that was a full 5 years, almost 6.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

King of Cats

He/Him
July 31st
Verdanturf Town
Heterosexual
Mercenary
Grunt
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
39 posts
Kokou Inudai DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kokou
Kokou Inudai
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:34:55 GMT
Kokou Inudai Avatar

Eager to get some dirt under his heels, Kokou nodded and pulled his pack of cigarettes back out. He grabbed one and stuck it in his mouth. "Sounds like a plan. As long as we are back before dawn, no one will know." Kokou lit his cigarette with his yellow flick later, and then took a deep drag. Exhaling he said to Kouji, "I know a place. Dee's Diner, it's just up the road. We can walk there, I go there all the time for their sliders. They make the best little cheeseburgers." Kokou ashed his cigarette and started walking down the road. They were guarding gates, so if anyone tried to get in they would be in deep shit, but it seemed like it would be a quiet night for playing hookey. 

close tab

played by

MrJoker

Kouji
He/Him
August 29th
Rustboro
Heterosexual
Smuggler/Violence
Grunt
Single
5'11'' height
5'11'' height
awards
1,216 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mrjoker
Kouji Matsubara
Creaking Time
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2024 5:51:51 GMT
Kouji Matsubara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","fakebq"]
[attr=class","body"]
[attr="class","text"]

Kouji chuckled, seems this guy was on the same wavelength when it came to this kind of job. ”Yeah? I heard some good things about that place, it better live up to the hype, or else we’re going to the spiciest Mapo tofu place.” Kouji said as he released two of his pokemon to soar into the sky.
[break][break]
Roaring Moon, and Salamence rose up into the air and began to search the area like the beasts of prey they were. ”Hopefully they’ve got a hot waitress.” Kouji said as he tapped the man with his elbow.

NOTES

Zero to One Hundred

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP