shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE
SCENARIO B

[attr="class","topocorner"]

EXPOSITION

[player]https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/HOENN%20MUSIC/HEAVY%20RAINFALL.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Heavy Rainfall – Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Original Soundtrack
[break][break]

(BEGINS SLIGHTLY BEFORE EVERYONE ELSE'S PRELUDES) AS WAR BREAKS, , , AND are tasked with other League soldiers to clear a larger island enroute to SOOTOPOLIS. On the other side of the land mass, they hear the intense battle and wage. However, they have more imminent threats to take care of.[break][break]

A Team Rocket encampment threatens to fire unto incoming League ships—and the rampaging KYOGRE. They must take down the three coastal batteries (REPURPOSED GENESECT) to allow , , , , other League higher-ups and League vessels to approach Sootopolis safely. However, their troubles will double, for a greater threat comes to greet them after the encampment is dealt with... for their fates are have been scried by those in the shadows.

MAP

ATTACHED BELOW is a map of Sootopolis City.[break][break]

[break]
(click and drag to a separate tab).
[break][break]

This map will be updated with new or adjusted writing partners.

LIST OF PROMPTS

BELOW IS A POOL OF PROMPTS you can touch upon. Some prompts are particularly important, connected to other prelude threads happening concurrently with yours.[break][break]

[attr="class","promptsection"]

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 the team rocket encampment is situated close to the cliffs of the island. repurposed genesect act as shore batteries, much like the ones set up by and in MOSSDEEP CITY, and fire deadly TECHNO BLASTS at the approaching League ships. take care of the ROCKET GRUNTS and destroy the artillery. as a result of Team Rocket's expansion here, odd draconid ruins have been uncovered.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 the battle between and and the ferocity of KYOGRE'S STORM will cause parts of the island's earth and cliffside to expose itself, revealing more segments of the draconid civilization on this island. in the process, will be able to discover an odd TRUNCATED OCTAHEDRON that he can "feel" with his draconid blood...

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 should ghostfinch desire, will be able to encounter or see visions of a SHINY DUSKULL that emerge from the unearthed draconid ruins. she may decide to capture it if it is real—and in doing so, she may UNLOCK HER LATENT PSYCHIC ABILITIES. perhaps, her bloodline isn't a sham after all... or maybe is one of many ANOMALIES on the timeline.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 over comms, , , and/or must inform (and any other Leaguer) when the repurposed Genesects have been destroyed.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 as the team storms the encampment, must come to terms with the idea that not everyone can be saved. will NPC several League trainers with doomed fates throughout the thread.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 after the encampment is cleared and finally, when there is time for rest, a visitor will arrive. tag when a brief interruption would be appropriate.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 at least one Pokemon from , and must faint.

[attr="class","prompt0"]🌊 at the end of the thread, everyone will witness kyogre attempting to ORIGIN PULSE right before reaching the SOOTOPOLIS CITY CRATER WALL and several explosions.

INSTRUCTIONS

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES..[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Keep track of your MERIT POINT GAIN in your post notes as best practice.
  • Please be diligent with your posting (48 hour turnaround is encouraged) in order to prevent rushing at the end.
  • Review general guidelines and PVP guidelines in the main thread: THE FIRST WAVE: PRELUDE SIGN-UPS.
  • If a thread begins to stagnate and show signs of stalling, please let know immediately.

Navigate to the First Wave MP Shop[break]by CLICKING HERE.

REWARDS FOR COMPLETION

REWARDS

COMPLETING THE PRELUDE THREAD with five posts each will grant you the following reward:

[img src="https://file.garden/ZXZrnWMYuz15frfJ/SPRITES/mega%20shard.png" title="1X MEGA SHARD" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"][break][break]

Please attempt to complete the Prelude Thread[break] by July 31st, 11:59PM PST.
[break][break]

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.topocorner]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/aCSt9jW.png'); width: 573px; height: 405px; position: relative; z-index: 0; margin-bottom: -405px; margin-left: -34px; margin-top: -35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.promptsection]border-left: 1px dashed #aaa; margin-top: 20px; padding-left: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prompt0]background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgen blockquote]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/WmaTUbp.png); position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
TFW PRELUDE: SOOTOPOLIS SCENARIO B-12
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2024 20:21:54 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Gwendolyn walks alongside the small force of people sent to clear the part of one of the larger land masses en route to Sootopolis. She's quiet and wearing a grim, anxious frown across her normally pleasant face. Beside her, she's quite literally hovering next to Robin, the one other person she's sure she can protect in case things immediately go wrong here. Everyone ushered them good luck and reassurance before they left, but Gwen's chest tightened.

Can't lose her on this mission. Not while I'm still around.

All is well, but the air remains still. There's a tension in the air that everyone can feel as the sound of their marching brings about the only real soundtrack to this entire ordeal. But it's not until the ships below begin to show any signs of movement that remind Gwen of the seriousness of the situation at hand.

With a map in hand, Gwen looks up at the path in front of them.

"We should be arriving at the camp in a few minutes." her tone beset with worry. "Just make sure to prepare, guys."

South of them, the sound of a fierce Pokemon battle causes her to wince. She knows what's about to happen, against all of her wishes and prayers above that it wouldn't. What would be waiting for them in this camp? Whatever it was going to be, their job there was simple enough. Just securing and destroying the repurposed Genesects.

She wondered if she could keep a part of one, just to study how it all worked.

|

10 MP per IC post in your prelude thread.
50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties.
60 MP total      
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 15:52:53 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her stomach has been sick and twisting all day. She couldn't tell if it was a blessing or a curse to be paired with Gwen. She had the opportunity to protect her best friend now, but she wished Gwen hadn't been put on the field at all. Robin had none of her pokemon out, which was unusual for her, but she couldn't figure out who to send out first. She hoped the encampment would be empty. She hoped they could dispatch the opposing Genesect without trouble.

She hoped she was dreaming.

"There's no preparing," she commented lowly. She wanted to put on a brave face for Gwen, but every time she looked at the redhead, she imagined losing her. She turned to Roy instead, hoping to gain some confidence. "I don't think I've ever seen you battle. I brought a lot of heavy hitters and environmental attacks." She flinched as Genesect flew high above them all, flying so fast it was a blur.

The iffy feeling in her stomach grew ten pounds at the sight of it. She was here for Gwen. She was fighting for Gwen. There was nothing else to it. She didn't feel responsible for the whole region. It was her home, and she wanted to fight for it, but there were so many confident people doing it already. She even felt like she could take a backseat to protecting Dewford because of the ever-capable Navy, Montgomery, and Tsubaki there.

"I can focus on our opponents on the ground. Only my Marshadow will be a good contender for anything in the air." Strategy was easier to talk about than anything else. It was a mission. No different from an area zero expedition or a descent into a power spot. Just. A. Mission.

Robin is as ready as she can be for war. She sees a Genesect fly overhead and tries to make peace with her reasons for being here.

50 MP have your character reflect on why they're fighting/reflect on their loyalties.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 17:36:24 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar
[attr="class","pkmnlgndstxt"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsicon"]
Roy stood on the deck, the sound of crashing waves around him as their boat cut through the water towards the island. Tasked with clearing the path for the League's advance to Sootopolis, Roy knew the stakes were high. The repurposed genesect posed a significant threat to the incoming League ships. He was accompanied by a contingent of League soldiers, yet he found it hard to trust those around him. His trust issues made him view companions as potential liabilities rather than assets.

Roy took a deep breath, steeling himself for the task ahead. He reached down to his belt and retrieved a sphere. In a flash of light, an onyx-colored dragon appeared on the deck, its claws struggling to find purchase as the boat swayed. The weight of the powerful dragon caused the vessel to bob slightly, but Roy paid it no mind.

"qe edrok," Roy murmured to the Haxorus, his eyes focused on its bladed maw. He gestured to the two soldiers nearest to him.

"Follow them."

As the boat neared the island, one of the soldiers approached Roy with a battle plan. She offered her Marshadow for the fight, but Roy casually ignored her offer by offering support in his own way.

"I'll take the air," he said, retrieving another ball from his belt. In a sudden burst of light, Balmung, his charizard, materialized above them. The dragon roared, its powerful wings causing the boat to rock as it descended to hover alongside.

Timing his movements perfectly, Roy leapt from the boat onto Balmung's back. The charizard soared upwards, carrying Roy into the skies where he could engage the genesect and the many Team Rocket pokemon patrolling above. The air grew thick with the sounds of battle, and Roy focused on drawing the enemy's attention, allowing the boat to advance safely to the island's surface.

Unfortunately, this put Roy and Balmung immediately at risk. Pulling the attention of the enemy team included pulling the attention of the many batteries designated as artillery. While none of the attacks made direct damage, the resonating explosions took their toll, forcing Roy and Balmung into a freefall that resulted in an emergency landing onto the island. This left the two in enemy territory without anyone to provide support.

However, this put Roy and Balmung immediately at risk. Drawing the attention of the enemy team also meant drawing the fire of the artillery batteries. While none of the attacks made direct hits, the resonating explosions took their toll, forcing Roy and Balmung into a freefall that ended in an emergency landing on the island. Now, the two were stranded in enemy territory without support.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndstag"]

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsgsnote"]▸ 50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc.
▸ 50 MP have your character make a regrettable decision.
▸ 10 MP per IC post in your prelude thread.
▸ 110 MP Total

[attr="class","pkmnlgndspkmn"]

[googlefont=Finger Paint][googlefont=Lato]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon img]width: 120px; height: 120px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-value]border:none; background:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsgsnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 21:39:20 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

”D-Don't worry, I'll be fine. I've got a balanced team. If you need help just call me. I, uh, if something happens to either of us I just wanted to say…”

Gwen hesitated, seizing up as the words she desperately wanted to say were on the cusp of her tongue, yet nothing came out. She gave a troubled look at Robin, but gave an exasperated sigh.

”N-No. We're going to make it through this. I'll make sure of it! Nobody's dying on my watch!”

Robin at least knew what they were in for. Gwen cast her head to the other failed psychic with a knowing glance.

Could she really go to war like this? Gwen couldn't help but feel her mental state reach its worst point yet. She didn't want to die, to be blown to smithereens or drown in the raging waters below. Her grip on her belt tightened, knuckles turning white.

I-I can't do this! I don't belong here! I should be b-back home, apologizing to Mom for being a leech on them, or hanging up shingles with Dad and complaining about the heat. I wanna go home. I don't want to die, I don't want to die, I don't want to-

The mantra was repeated endlessly in her head, broken up only by Roy quickly being the group's opening gambit. He called out a Charizard and opted to be the air support for the group. Gwen had always wanted a Charizard, growing envious of the man. She had never really been lucky enough to stumble across a Charmander or its related evolutions while out in the wild. They were rare enough already and although she had wanted the Draciary to carry them-

Fuck, what about all of those in their care? Were they going to be released? Put in Pokeballs? What kind of fate awaited them.

No, she had to focus. No panicking. Be like Freya, be the that everyone knew you could be. She'd know exactly what to do here planning every last detail.

”Be careful up there, please.” Gwen said, almost in a begging tone. ”You're our best shot at doing significant damage. If its dangerous, come back and we'll work it out.”

He was off while leaving behind the Haxorus, just in time for Gwen and Robin to start their initial entry into the camp. The Rocket forces were put on high alert because of Roy flying above, lending perfect time for the both of them to infiltrate the front entrance.

Gweb threw out of Magneton, the able bodied electric-type beeping away while charging head first into the camp. ”Clear the way, Thunder Wave!” With a sudden discharge of electricity, the few Rockets and their Pokémon would be struck, paralyzed onto the ground while Gwen motioned for Robin and the Haxorus to follow.

”C'mon!” She said in a more serious tone.

Not a few minutes into the operation and Roy was in trouble. Her eyes went up to the sky just in time to see explosions lighting the sky up, one after the other. The blurred shape of Roy and his Charizard were seen doing their best to avoid them, though they were swiftly downed a short while after. Her heart sank into her chest, unsure of their status as they touched down on the shores away from their position.

”Roy, come in! Roy?!”

Gwen said into her radio, voice frantic while she gazed up at the machines and devices scattered around the camp. The loud hum of the Genesects could be heard, alongside the sound of Rockets running around to deal with the intruders. Above, several charges wires spiraled around the camp, likely to where the Gebesect batteries could be located.

Her eyes flickered to a large central hub machine away from their position, currently unmanned with a side panel visible and ready to be manned. An idea flickered in Gwen's mind,

”If you're there Roy, give us some time. Those Genesects are hooked up to some kind of generator that's giving them power. I can try to disconnect it or reverse the charge, but i can't promise anything. It's just across the camp.”

She turned to Robin, pointing to what she had talked about.

”I need you to protect me while I try and figure out how to disable this thing. Think you can do it?”

|

50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc.
50 MP have your character become inspired or consoled by another writer's character (tag them).
50 MP have your character experience great fear, hatred, envy, or have a grudge worsen.
210 MP total      
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 8:03:34 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

ROY, ROBIN, GWENDOLYN

MOD POST

SEVERAL ILL-FATED TRAINERS ARE DISPATCHED WITH YOUR CREW. As Genesect soar across the gloomy sky, they approach the encampment. Your fellow squadmates notice the concern caused by their appearance.[break][break]

COMPTON: "don't worry about a thing. those genesect are prime targets for rust in this rain."[break]

[break][break]

CARLISLE: "don't be an idiot, compton. rocket's definitely waterproofed them."[break][break]

[break][break]

HENDORFF: "...."[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ the genesect generator can indeed be disconnected or have its charge reversed.

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ carlisle will rush toward with her zebstrika to protect him/pick him up if no one else does.

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ the encampment is incredibly muddy due to the heavy foot traffic of rocket grunts and pokemon.

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ the encampment has several watchtowers, but as your party's infiltration goes deeper or goes on for longer, WEEZING will begin to use SMOG, while TEAM ROCKET GRUNTS DON GAS MASKS.

TAGS

TAGS

[newclass=.topocorner]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/aCSt9jW.png'); width: 573px; height: 405px; position: relative; z-index: 0; margin-bottom: -405px; margin-left: -34px; margin-top: -35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.promptsection]border-left: 1px dashed #aaa; margin-top: 20px; padding-left: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.prompt0]background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #aaa solid; border-radius: 5px; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgen blockquote]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/WmaTUbp.png); position: relative; z-index: 1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 14:54:19 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She did not like the plan.

"We shouldn't be split up like this. I don't know about the generator thing..." Their fellow Leaguers' words didn't instill any greater confidence in her, though she did want to rust those Genesect. Perhaps Quagsire could do something about that. She sighed, looking between Gwen and Compton. She didn't have a better plan.

"Okay, I'm with you." They needed to work quickly to protect Roy's hide. "No dilly-dallying, let's go!" The muddy terrain did not make for great movement, and they were plenty visible. To Compton, and to Hendorff if he stuck with them, she said, "we need to do something about the watchtowers, too. I imagine they're feeding the Genesect information from those." As she said it, she heard shouting - the words were unclear, but from the tone, she figured it was goon speak for 'we have intruders!' and their presence was made clear to the whole encampment.

Robin looked to Gwen with wide eyes. "Get to the generator. We're gonna hold their attention." It was time for a show. Robin sent out Snorlax, her tried and true performer. This was the moment to apply the teachings of and utilize Snorlax for his purpose on her team as a terrain controller and AoE specialist. Instead of the earthquake she'd used against Gwyar, she thought of a different way to impact mobility without disrupting Gwen's generator run as much. "Let's crash a wave, Mun: use Surf!" Snorlax obeyed, generating a wave of water to wash away a few grunts approaching them from the watchtower, flooding the already swampy area.

She supports Gwen's plan to disable the generator and expects Compton and Hendorff to come with them. They're spotted by one of the watch towers and must defend themselves. Robin recalls her lesson learned from Gwyar; Snorlax who uses surf on a few grunts coming their way from the feet of the watchtower to exacerbate the muddy conditions and inhibit mobility.

50 MP have your character recall a past thread or event that they have participated in or not (link the thread).
50 MP have your character become inspired or consoled by another writer's character (tag them).

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2024 20:01:59 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

After Roy and Balmung crash-landed into enemy territory, they were quickly surrounded by Team Rocket grunts and their respective pokemon. Roy's radio crackled with the worried voices of his teammates asking about his safety, but he had no method to respond.

He barely had time to catch his breath when he saw Carlisle's zebstrika charging through the chaos, explosions and bursts of light illuminating the battlefield like a warzone. The air was thick with the acrid smell of smoke and the deafening sound of bombardments.

On the other side of the battlefield, Roy's haxorus fought fiercely, using his jaw-mounted axe blades to help the League soldiers advance through the mud. Haxorus backed both the magneton and snorlax, slashing through the grunts' pokemon in an attempt to clear a path towards the generator.

Frustration took its toll on Roy, as he began to grind his teeth. He recalled his talks with with her words about turning the impossible into the improbable echoing in his mind. Drawing inspiration, he reached for his belt and released three more of his powerful pokemon in one last desperate attempt. Following an abrupt flicker of light, three primal titans responded to the draconid's call.

"Balmung!" Roy shouted, pulling himself from his prone position on the ground. His new pokemon roared, initiating their assault on the surrounding grunts and their pokemon. Balmung launched into the air, unleashing its Z-Move, Infernal Reign. An intense but eerie wave of heat radiated from Balmung, empowering the dinosaur pokemon with an ancient draconid power.

With heightened power, Walking Wake, Gouging Fire, and Raging Bolt made light work of the Team Rocket pokemon, including the few Genesect that appeared. The sudden explosion of power from Balmung was amplified by the roar of 's pyroar from across the sea. The island's cliffside trembled as a result and began to crumble into the ocean, revealing hidden ruins underneath.

From his position, Roy noticed the runes covering the ruin walls. They briefly glowed with a verdant hue before fading back into darkness. The markings were unmistakably draconid, igniting a spark of curiosity within him.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsgsnote"]▸ 10 MP using a gimmick (e.g. mega, z-move, tera, sygna, avatar) in your prelude thread.
▸ 50 MP showcase your own character's strength(s) meaningfully.
▸ 50 MP have your character become inspired or consoled by another writer's character (tag them).
▸ 230 MP Total

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsbg] position: absolute; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt]margin:-40px 85px -40px 115px; position: relative; z-index: 2; border-style: solid; padding: 30px; font:12px Lato;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt b]text-decoration: none; font-weight: bold; color: #d5a03a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsicon] width: 120px; height: 120px; margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/vsQKPBX.png) 16 round; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; [/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .vdice-box]margin-bottom:-12px; border:1px solid #aaa; background-color:transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsdice]font:bold 20px Poppins, serif; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag]text-align:center; line-height: 10px; margin-top: -10px; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndstag a]text-align:center; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsgsnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndstxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndspkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart]height:100px; width: 349px; overflow: hidden; text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px; border: 8px solid; border-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/P0sZrkd.png) 20 round;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsart img]height:100px; width: 349px; object-fit:cover; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartdrk]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#303030; margin-top:-103px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.pkmnlgndsartlght]height:100px; width: 349px; background:#aaa; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 0:11:39 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"I don't know how to get to him and- Carlisle, wait!"

Gwen called out, only to see her running off to try and reach Roy at the other end of the base here. Her tone could have made it come off as her snapping at the other ranger here as she cursed to herself. With the stress of the other rangers coming in and the Rockets circling around, they had to act fast and destroy some of the things here so that the other forces could get through.

Forces? She sounded like some kind of army person like in her RTS games back home.

The Magneton let out a soft hum and followed Gwen and Robin through the base as they made their way inside. The watchtower above them no doubt played a part in feeding information everywhere. Good eye on her. Gwen wondered if they would have time to start downing them before it was too late in the base, but no time to think. She had to act now!

"Going in!"

Gwen sprinted to the generator just in time, as Robin's wave had managed to wash out most of the Rockets here, alongside creating a swamp where the muddy terrain had been. The slippery ground had made stepping into it a pain, but now on solid ground, Gwen could get started in her work.

She cracked open the panel and saw the mess of wiring and more, a welcome site from the ones she had encountered back when helping set up the preparations for the HOME Initiative. She dove into her bag and began to pull out her toolkit, working on messing around in the console.

There was a screen in the middle showing the current status of everything hooked up to it, alongside the flow of power that was being drawn from it. Pretty basic stuff so far, so Gwen had decided to make a few adjustments.

Her work was going fine, up until the sudden rumbling from Josh's Pyroar had caused the cliff side to begin to quake. The knife that she had been used to cut through some of the cords and sliced through a bit too many at once, causing a minor surge of power to flow through a low hertz wire.

Result: The lights around camp suddenly exploded with a sudden charge of electricity.

Luckily, the system was still in tact. Gwen had been trying to divert power from the Genesect, but they meshed with all the other wires, and any attempt to severe them caused an influx in power for all of them EXCEPT for the Genesect ones.

"Still working on the generator! They're not making this easy!"

Gwen was starting to hyperventilate, her mind pounded as a stress headache began to form. She was clueless on how to solve this, it was just way out of her league. Gloved hands began to tremble while she just tried anything.

Fuck it, cut ALL the cords!

|

TL;DR:
Gwen rushes to go to the generator and arrives safely, if just a bit muddy because of Robin's SURF. She began to fiddle with the machine and accidentally cuts the wrong wires, causing malfunctions. She realizes she's in over her head and starts cutting wires frantically.

50 MP showcase your own character's strength(s) meaningfully.
270 MP total      
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 2:28:38 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Wait!" She cried out as the cliffside shook, "I didn't say to use earthquake!" But Quagsire turned to her with a quizzical look. "If you hadn't-?" Her question is cut short by a Scizor dipping low, its bladed arm missing her head by inches. In fact, it shed a few strands of hair, giving her a lopsided framing of her face.

She gasped, her breath caught in her throat. Quagsire came in close as electricity crackled. What the hell was Gwen-

An electric burst above her discharged the wire from its pole, and it came down by Robin. Thankfully, the muddiness of the area made her prior use of surf much more like muddy water, and their minerals seemed to prevent the charge from electrocuting anyone. But the wire flicked around haphazardly, risking her and Quagsire and their League allies. Her stomach flipped at the thought of how much voltage would be going through the Rocket camp.

She stood before the watch tower and felt distinctly like a Sawbuck during hunting season. But she was more worried about Gwen than herself. "Quag, dig to Gwen and cover her directly." Quag obeyed, digging over to the redhead.

A wire burst from above and flickers around dangerously, discharging an unknown voltage. Robin's in the center of camp, visible by anyone in the watchtower. Presumably, Compton and Hendorff are with her trying to keep the Rockets occupied while Gwen does terrible generator nonsense.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,631 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 7:04:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]

ROY, ROBIN, GWENDOLYN

MOD POST

CARLISLE: "flying off alone like you're some hotshot! i'm glad you're okay , but don't try to act cool!"[break][break]

COMPTON: "careful there, robin!"[break]

[break][break][break]

HENDORFF: "...."[break][break]

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ cutting all the wires succeeds in cutting power to the genesect, but is at risk at the consequent electric shock carried by her cutters. the sparks also fly to ignite the generator fire. however, she may mitigate the danger thanks to 's quagsire's help.

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ the draconid runes read "heroes rest here great sacrifice when nature danger unearth".

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ the encampment has several watchtowers, but as your party's infiltration goes deeper or goes on for longer, WEEZING will begin to use SMOG, while TEAM ROCKET GRUNTS DON GAS MASKS.

[attr="class","prompt0"]✍️ carlisle will manage to reach ; however, after a SMOG settles, she may be sniped by a Pokemon or killed by WEEZING'S EXPLOSION.

TAGS

TAGS

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jul 17, 2024 18:08:48 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

The battlefield was a chaotic maelstrom, with Balmung and the primal titans continuing their relentless onslaught against the remaining grunts. Balmung soared through the air with draconic grace, executing devastating physical attacks on any enemy pokemon it came into contact with. Meanwhile, the primal titans wreaked havoc with savage ferocity. Gouging Fire charged headlong into enemies, mercilessly tossing victims with its formidable horns. Walking Wake and Raging Bolt unleashed a barrage of beams and blasts from a distance, their attacks persisting even after the grunts had surrendered, creating a gruesome display of destruction.

Elsewhere, Gram, Roy's haxorus, defended the generator with fierce determination. Working alongside Robin's quagsire, Gram used Outrage to maintain its role as a guardian. The onyx-colored dragon sliced through threats with ease, but when its spree ended, it was stricken with confusion. This brief moment of vulnerability proved fatal. Snapping out of its daze, Gram noticed a stray blast hurtling towards the league soldiers. With no time to spare, the haxorus hurled itself into the attack, absorbing the full force of the blow. The impact knocked the dragon out, sending its body crashing across the ground with a heavy thud, unnoticed by its tamer across the battlefield. Gram's seemingly lifeless form came to rest within view of the red-headed soldier working on the generator.

The unyielding ferocity of the primal titans created a window of opportunity for Roy to investigate the newly revealed ruins. Despite the pressing mission, something about the ancient site beckoned him irresistibly. Carefully avoiding the unstable edges of the cliffside, Roy slipped into the ruins, drawn by a sense of discovery. The ancient script on the walls seemed to whisper to him, urging him deeper into the shadows.

Just a few steps in, he encountered an odd truncated octahedron resting on a pedestal. The pedestal was near enough to the makeshift entrance that Roy could still see glimpses of the ongoing battle. He reached out, feeling a powerful compulsion to seize the object. As his fingers brushed the stone, a shout from one of the league soldiers brought him back to the present. He glanced back, realizing his grave oversight. He hadn't informed his comrades of his location or status.

In that moment of distraction, a nearby grunt's pokemon launched a devastating attack. The explosion was cataclysmic, consuming both Carlisle and her zebstrika in its fiery wake. Roy watched in horror as the blast claimed his comrade, the intensity of the scene burning into his memory.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsgsnote"]▸ 50 MP have your character experience great fear, hatred, envy, or have a grudge worsen.
▸ 50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out in your prelude thread.
▸ 340 MP Total

close tab

played by

Madda

Gwen, "Gwennie"
She/Her
May 29
Twinleaf Town
Closeted Lesbian
Ranger-In-Training
Cadet
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gwendolyn
Gwendolyn Conway
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 1:33:08 GMT
Gwendolyn Conway Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

It was only by the grace of the Quagsire and the Haxorus that Gwen was able to have some semblance of peace as she worked on fiddling with the generator in the middle of the camp. She flashed a knowing smile at the both of them before working on cutting wires and more. The sudden burst of electricity from cutting a wrong one had resulted in sparks flying, alongside the box itself starting to let out a pained whirr.

"C'mon you stupid thing, which ones are the ones to the Genesect?..." she mumbled to herself while she worked.

The Haxorus had been confused by its outrage of throwing Rockets and their Pokemon away from her, until a well aimed blast from one would come hurling towards Gwen's back. She was fully unaware, though did hear the harrowing wound of an explosion behind her, followed by the shape of the dragon-type falling to the ground without movement. Her sabotage paused, eyes filled with the lifeless shape lying still.

"N-No, wait! Don't-" Gwen stumbled, looking to the generator and back to the Haxorus.

Fuck, fuck, what do I do? I can't let him...But everyone's counting on me to...I can't.

She pulled away from the generator and hurried to try and tend to the Haxorus out of a desire to help her favorite types. Gwen's lips quivered so harshly while her hand shot out to try and touch the rough skin of the Haxorus, only for a sudden, searing pain to take her right hand.

"AUGH!" Gwen screeched, reeling her hand back as an exposed electric wire from above had fallen over and shocked her. She inhaled with clenched teeth, cursing to herself while blind to the danger above.

One of the cable lines to the watchtower had exposed wiring from the explosions, and was hurtling down towards her. The Magneton spotted this before her and zipped quickly to the rescue. It caught the pole just as Gwen noticed it and shielded herself to try and save her. The electricity charged Magneton would absorb some of the hertz being pumped into it by the dangling lines, but its pained beeps drew Gwen back from her fear.

"Thanks, Maggy! Just hold on, lemme help!"

She raced back to the generator and started to fiddle with the box more, until it began to catch fire. She winced at the heat, but continued to work effortlessly. the pain noises from the Magneton was incredibly nerve wrecking, with Gwen's tensing up the longer it went on.

This thing could blow up at any second, and she'd be fried instantly, but she just had to save her Pokemon!

"This one and...no, this one should have the main power. Hope this works..."

Another few wires cut here and there until the wires surrounding her would finally cease their current, just in time for the Magneton to fall to the ground after pushing the pole away. Gwen raced over to pick up their body. A hand over the central unit came, and after a sigh of relief, they were just unconscious.

When it had just been a lone Magneton, erratically trying to siphon off electricity from her computer set up back home. They had come such a long ways away, as had she. To see them giving their all for her sake was nothing short of amazing.

"You did good, guys." Gwen hugged them, then tapped their Pokemon against the body, sending them away.

The meter on the main screen showed that indeed, the charge surrounding the Genesects had been ceased and they were vulnerable, if not entirely operable.

But the purple colored haze surrounding them would continue to darken, as the SMOG was getting more dense. Gwen coughed, trying to shield her nose while waving to Robin.

"The power's out! Now we just need to destroy the Genesects!"

Her eyes avoided the down Haxorus, yet her form trembled against her wishes.

|

TL;DR:
Gwen is saved by the Haxorus shielding her from a blast, but rushes to help it and gets shocked by a live wire. WHile reeling in pain, a pole nearly falls on her, but is stopped by her Magneton, who

50 MP have your character make a regrettable decision.
50 MP showcase a meaningful moment between your character and their Pokemon.
50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out in your prelude thread.
400 MP total      
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

She/Her
January 5
Dewford
Lesbian
Ranger
Elite Ranger (ooc)
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
852 posts
robin coello DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @robin
robin coello
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 15:10:04 GMT
robin coello Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Robin's so invested in ordering her Quagsire around to avoid losing the battle that she doesn't register the explosion at first. She doesn't catch anything until she hears the snarl of electricity and catches Gwen get shocked. "Careful!" She cries just in time to get doused in toxic fumes by a too-close Weezing. She coughs, drops to the ground, and scurries from it as Quagsire rushes over with a focus punch to knock the creature back several feet.

It's then that she rises and sees the firebomb that -

The unmoving forms of Carlisle and Zebstrika paint a damning picture. Not far from it, she sees the equally limp Haxorus. A chill runs down her spine, numbing her. She regrets the splitting up they did, she regrets not having Carlisle's back in favor of pursuing the generator plan with Gwen, and she regrets not coming out swinging with massive, destructive environmental attacks. No time like the present to fix things.

But first. She doesn't even know where Roy is. She pulls her radio up to her face and with unfeeling lips, asks, "Roy? Come in - Roy?" Her eyes fall on Quagsire as Gwen announces her success about the Genesects, but it doesn't matter. They've already suffered casualties and there are still grunts running around and Robin's going to kill every one of them.

She brings out her Snorlax as she watches more masked grunts close in on them. The SMOG from the Weezings only exacerbates the sick burn in her lungs. "Blizzard," she instructs Snorlax, hoping the icy wind will clear the SMOG while freezing the grunts in their wet environment. The watchtowers will come down with the earthquakes she intends to rock the island with, and she will bury Rocket in it.

Robin inhales a little poisonous gas. She calls to Roy on her radio to see if he's even still alive. She watches their defeated allies. She commits to avoiding half-measures; she will submerge the island itself before she lets a single grunt make it out alive. Snorlax generates a blizzard over the environment to try and mitigate the SMOG and, more importantly, freeze out some Rocket scum.

50 MP have your character make a regrettable decision.
50 MP have your character experience great fear, hatred, envy, or have a grudge worsen.

close tab

played by

Teal

Roy
He/Him
twenty-seven
May 02
Rustboro City, Hoenn
Heterosexual
Pokémon Ranger
Cadet
Single
6'00" height
6'00" height
awards
531 posts
Roy Aker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @roy
Roy Aker
POSTED ON Jul 18, 2024 20:12:02 GMT
Roy Aker Avatar

After Carlisle's untimely demise, Roy's dragon and primal titans responded with a renewed ferocity, clearing a path to their tamer. Their onslaught, already brutal, became more focused and determined. Gouging Fire, with a galloping tackle, charged through one of the watchtowers, its horns melting through the metal supports. The dinosaurs carved a path of destruction, relentlessly closing the distance between themselves and Roy.

Before he could seize the oddly-shaped cube, Roy stopped himself and darted to the entrance of the ruins. He took one last, heart-wrenching look at Carlisle and her fallen Zebstrika, burning an additional tragic image into his memory. At that moment, Robin's voice crackled through his radio. He retrieved it from his pocket and held it to his mouth.

"I-I'm fine," he stammered, unprepared to explain Carlisle's death. His teeth clenched, grinding together in frustration. Suddenly, the ancient script on the walls began to glow with an ethereal emerald light, responding to Roy's turmoil. The draconid runes pulsed with energy, casting an otherworldly glow before gradually fading back into darkness, as if it was acknowledging his inner turmoil.

In the distance, a well-timed blizzard cleared the smog and airborne debris consuming the battlefield. As the ice evaporated, Roy spotted Robin, not far from his position. He returned the radio to his pocket and waved her over to the ruins. The current condition of Gwendolyn and his haxorus remained unknown to him.

[attr="class","pkmnlgndsgsnote"]▸ 50 MP have your character "hit rock bottom" (their lowest point).
▸ 50 MP include a motif or recurring symbol of some kind in your thread.
▸ 450 MP Total

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP