ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2024 17:44:50 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cloverbody"]

@      

She rubbed at her temple as the twin troublemakers continued to pull flowers out from the meadow. It was supposed to be a pleasant walk for the three of them, but the little rugrats were destroying the pansies the framed the dirt path. "Okay, okay, maybe give the flora a break, eh?" But the kids squealed with delight and started to toss the broken flower heads at each other. Yep. That's less than ideal.[break][break]

Was a little pocket change worth it? OK, a lot of pocket change. These kids had loaded parents. And Clover really needed some cash to afford better equipment for dangerous expeditions. But he wasn't the best at wrangling kids together, it seemed. The ones back home in the community were far better behaved, but they were also much more collected as a community than these Hoennites. Clover had given up on doing this job solo, though. He just had to wait for his friend to get here and help hold down the fort.

notes

mission: babysitter duty | open

[GoogleFont=Open Sans:400,700|Ubuntu:400,700]
[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody b, .crushbody i]color:#a189c4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 2:57:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Word had spread quickly of Josh's accolades; his Champion Ranking and his Ashen Raikou had turned him into more of a celebrity than he already was. Unlike , Josh didn't sign up for this job for the excellent pay; he signed up to give the two children an experience money couldn't buy. That was meeting a Champion and his Pokémon face to face.

Josh had several Pokémon with him that were popular among younger visitors, letting them safely get experience in the saddle even at a young age. Though they may have been spoiled rotten, they were still children. From his experience, the best way to keep a child entertained was to offer them a new experience. And do that he would.

It would not be long before the Champion, , was in sight, a plethora of saddled Pokémon before him. And not one of them was an equine. One of the children, upon seeing the giant, saddled Furret, sprinted toward the friendly-looking Pokémon. "It's sooooooooooo big!" the young one squealed, completely ignoring the equally large and impressive Espeon that Josh looked comfortably astride.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Janus         Espeon         Good
Wiley         Furret         Good
King Zing     Beedrill       Good
Zira          Pyroar         Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Valoo         Drampa         Good

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 16:00:25 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

A tired smile broke across his face at the sight of Josh. "Thanks for coming to save the day," he greeted. The kiddos tripped over each other to get to the ride pokemon. He couldn't blame them for being especially enamored by the large furret. It was unusual to see this kind of pokemon at this size, but he imagined it was a comfortable ride. They preferred their Tropius as the only ride pokemon since their bond was so strong. [break][break]

"I hope I didn't pull you away from anything important." Clover came in close, taking a moment to appreciate his pokemon. "It was kind of silly to ask for help with this, but I was running out of ideas." And watching them do minor but widespread damage to the meadow was going to make them snap before the babysitting gig was over.

notes

mission: babysitter duty

[newclass=.crushbody]width:550px;background-color:#705eb2;font-family:open sans;font-size:8.5pt;color:#ccc;text-align:justify;border:#222 solid 1px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody a]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;color:#eee;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cloverbody h1]font-family:ubuntu;font-weight:bold;font-size:14pt;color:#a189c4;text-align:right;border-bottom:#a189c4 solid 1px;padding-bottom:5px;margin: 20px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 23:18:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Wiley's saddle was designed for an adult to sit in, though a rider had to lean quite low to the ground to avoid dragging their feet on the ground. A child, though, had more freedom. "One at a time, one at a time!" Josh laughed as the two raced to be the first to hold the Furret's reins. Ultimately, one beat the other to Wiley's back, the child hooting and hollering as the Furret bounced him about in place.

The other child backed up to see Josh four other ride Pokémon, Zira the Pyroar expectantly crouching. The Beedrill looked fun to hop onto, as well! Overcome with decision paralysis, the young one stood before all four of Josh's unoccupied Pokémon with their mouth wide open in awe. He wanted to go on all of them!

"Not at all!" Josh replied, turning toward Clover as he watched the guest rider pull on Wiley's reins haphazardly, the Furret giving them the illusion of control. "I was like this when I was young too. When I was their age, I dreamed of riding on the back of a Raikou." He wondered what his childhood self would think of being able to make that dream a reality. Once he was through rehab and his arm function had been restored, Josh would want no more than to blast across Hoenn at the speed of a lightning bolt.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 16:58:34 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Clover felt a little nervous at the idea of riding on a Beedrill, but they trusted Josh and his pokemon. No one so prominent in the League would put a child in danger. But the idea of riding Raikou surprised them. "... really? Legendary pokemon usually come in bad times, don't they?" They were portents. They tended not to appear unless they were necessary. She couldn't associate them with goodness outside of the Earth Mother and her Sisters' most clear vessels like Kyogre or Nature's Giants. [break][break]

The literature was a little unclear about the other legendaries and their place, if they were divine or just particularly strong pokemon. In any case, he figured Raikou would bring a storm that was necessary in some way - but surely such judgement, if it were divine, would be a bad sign, right? It was admittedly confusing. "I feel like it is a bad sign to see so many of these legendary pokemon in Hoenn." They spoke softly, to not upset the children. "Doesn't it scare you?"

notes

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 23:33:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That was part of what Josh was afraid of when Swift's weight was thrust upon him. His dream was too good to be true; while he could race across the land, he felt pressured to be a lap dog for the League, even in 's absence. "That so many of them have gathered in this region is concerning. But I think more of them are benevolent than you think. Death hasn't stopped the Great One before, nor will it stop her now," he replied, referring to the Top Champion's passing. "It's just a childhood dream. I just wanted on the fastest Pokémon on land!"

And now that he had it in his possession, he could live his dream once his doctors had seen sufficient progress in his rehab.

The young, indecisive child at last pointed to the Beedrill. Seeing his desires, Josh gave the excited young one a boost to reach the insect's saddle. Guest and bug-type were off with a noisy buzz, the swift Pokémon's trainer hearing laughter coming from him the whole time. "Whee-hee-hee! This tickles!" Glover may have been barely able to hear.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 23:45:09 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Clover considered his words. The idea of them being benevolent was interesting. They were supposed to cast judgement, she was sure. They served specific purposes when they came to walk the earth with the rest of them. She wasn't sure they were meant to help so closely. "So, why would there be legendary pokemon backing both sides of the conflict?" She didn't ask to be difficult. Rather, she hoped he had some special insight or some angle she had yet to consider. [break][break]

But these other pokemon were not important to them, not like nature's giants were. "I think my childhood dream was to restore the land. The big cities here... they're so wasteful. So removed from nature." They were over-developed. It didn't sit right with her. "I would like to see more developments live in harmony with nature like Pacifidlog."

notes

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 23:41:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Some, not all," Josh corrected Clover. "What makes them special, from what I understand, is their ability to think like humans do. To analyze. To form an agenda. The people they ally with are chosen because their viewpoints align with that agenda." Josh's legendary Pokémon was different. His Raikou lacked even the intelligence of an ordinary Pokémon, his thoughts instead a reflection of Josh's subconscious. What he wanted the Raikou to be deep within his mind. If he could harness that elusive portion of his mind, then he would be able to harness its true power.

Admittedly, the Master of Faster may not have been the best person to ask about the relationships between legendary Pokémon and their bearers.

Josh hummed over hearing Clover's childhood dream, momentarily distracted by Wiley running in circles with his passenger doing his best to stave off dizziness. The other child, too, was growing weary, both from King Zing's constant tingling and a headache induced by the yellow insect's vibrations. They both gathered around Valoo, Josh's Drampa, who cooed toward them both gently.

"That's a noble dream," Josh replied. "With a vision like that, have you looked into the Ranger program? It's pretty robust and full of thinkers like that."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 15:21:38 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Huh. That was an interesting notion. She had met some pretty dumb people, though, so she wasn't sure human intelligence was the goal post. Yet, the legendary pokemon were supposed to guide people. At least, according to some creation myths. In her own, Kyogre, Groundon, and Rayquaza were vessels for the will of Sea Sister, Earth Mother, and Sky Sister respectively. Then, there were Nature's Giants, the Regis, who were guardians and sentries for the natural world. [break][break]

Unfortunately, those guardians had rested too long. The world was on fire. "The Rangers," they spoke slowly, trying to figure out a kind way to say it in case the kids were listening, "are like a bandage on a broken leg. They're a good organ in a sick body." The Rangers could only address symptoms, not cause. [break][break]

"They can't pull the problem out by the root." That's why she needed to create a catastrophe the Giants would have to respond to. She needed to force their hand and summon the attention of Earth Mother to fix things before the war split Hoenn in half.

notes

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2024 7:00:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh frowned when he heard the Rangers being depicted that way. "What do you mean?" he asked with raised eyebrows, genuinely curious as to why someone could look upon Hoenn's Rangers like that. "Disaster response has always been their job," he clarified. "It's up to Law Enforcement, specifically the Investigation division, to get to the root of problems. I just suggested it because you mentioned wanting to see more places like Pacifidlog." The place had a surprising number of Rangers, mostly marine Rangers, that all worked together to keep the surrounding seas safe, particularly from rogue dragon Pokémon expanding their territory from the Sky Pillar a little too far.

Out of the corner of his eye, Josh saw the two children trying to climb aboard his Drampa. "You two want on Valoo's back?" he asked, both their eyes beaming brightly. The dragon crouched as low as he could, the Gym Leader sliding down from his Espeon's back and giving the young ones the help they needed to sit in the saddle of the fastest Drampa in Hoenn. While not fast by flying Pokémon standards, it would certainly be quick for the young ones. "Have fun!" he waved, giving the normal-type dragon the go-ahead for takeoff.

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

ghostfinch

she/he/they
march 11
fallarbor
pansexual
grunt
5'6 height
5'6 height
awards
197 posts
part of
TAG WITH @clover
clover matamata
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 21:46:50 GMT
clover matamata Avatar
[nospaces]

Of course they responded to disasters, but Rangers couldn't solve the larger problems of waste and destruction caused by industrialization and the other byproducts of a government that couldn't stomp down the uprising Rocket faction. The war was only a symptom of what was festering. "You don't get it," she says instead, shaking her head a little. It was hard to explain to people, even those that were like-minded. But trying to articulate it without sounding like a Rocket apologist was impossible. [break][break]

The kiddos took to Drampa like a Farigaraf to water, but Clover felt the moment stretching thin like over-extended twine. They were going to expose themselves if they kept going on about their anti-establishment mentality. "I should get the kids back so they can wash up before their parents return."

notes

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2024 3:54:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
In Josh's eyes, it wasn't the Rangers' job to resolve large-scale conflict. It wasn't even the Gym Leaders' job; their tasks were largely tied to their municipalities, though they could aid in regional affairs as needed. Ultimately, it was the bigwigs that were responsible. The Elite Four and Council in particular: Hoenn's regional political leaders. "I tried running for Elite Four once. I failed miserably. I'm just no politician. I'd rather be out in the field, saving lives... rather than having to choose who gets to live and who must die." He would say little more on the matter.

Clover called for the kids to be returned to their soon-to-arrive parents. As much fun as they looked like they were having, he had to cut it short. "Alright, Valoo, time for the finale!" The dragon soared before diving like a roller coaster smooth enough for even kids to be on. Both the guest riders screamed and laughed as the Drampa gently dove and swooped, their stomachs turning upside down from the flight. They gently touched down hear Josh and Clover, the Gym Leader helping the two get off the back of the fastest Drampa in the world. "They looked like they had a really good time!" he remarked, expecting Clover to lead the children back.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
helping hand [m]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 1:45:48 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven