Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 22:47:36 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
It should be nightfall, soon. Much of Howard's body doesn't work properly, but its internal clock remains intact. There isn't much to do but mark time in this godforsaken hospital room.

That, and wait to die.

In the corner of the room, a phone remains untouched, its screen dead and its battery ripped out in a ferocious fit of rage. It surprised the admin that he could even do that much. There wasn't much muscle left to him. There wasn't much him left to him. All the excess had been trimmed away, leaving a skeleton draped in skin scarred from Dynergy.

It was a frustrating way to go. Slow. Yet the admin suspected that his life expectancy was dropping very quickly. To express discontent in a colleague's ascension was treasonous. His wits had left him behind, and left his body to die.

Footsteps echoed outside. He heard them. He recognized them. They were in his nightmares.

"I hear you. Come in." A ruined face turned in bed to face the door. "I expected more celebrations before coming to see me."

His voice was brittle as the door opened.

■■■ had come.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 23:25:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev had not initially intended to visit 's hospital room in Sootopolis City. The newly minted God General had little interest in the admin beyond what expertise and resources Howard could provide. [break][break]

Even after the report of his reckless move on Dewford had reached Zev's ears, the assassin saw no reason to see him. After all, a fragile human body had only a slim chance of surviving such a colossal amount of Dynergy. And every tool could be replaced. [break][break]

Yet Howard still lived, with enough lucidity and lack of self-preservation to protest Zev's promotion in front of the rest of Team Rocket's leadership. Such audacity could provide a brief amusement. [break][break]

Zev paused in the doorway to examine Howard's ruined body from afar—at least, what he could see of it. Then he stepped inside and stood at the foot of the bed. [break][break]

"I'll celebrate in my own way," the Devourer said, nonchalant. "Smoke a cigarette, drink a whisky, fuck my wife." [break][break]

Blue eyes flickered to the phone in the corner of the room. "How do you think you will die, Slayte?"

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3"]--accent:#975fb2;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2024 23:44:49 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He was elated. The demon was elated.

"How poignant." The archaeologist rolled his eye, blind to to ■■■'s expressions. It was likely a mask, even as the Rocket Beast gloated. It was the words that provided the window into the heart. That, and the eyes. How fortunate, then, that the admin's had fogged over. "Try not to spend too much of my money on your indulgences."

Then again, Rocket was always wasting money on idiotic things. If he was lucky, would foot the bill from her personal inheritance—a treasury born of deception—for whatever vainglorious tribute ■■■ demanded for his ascent.

"Ha."

If the admin was afraid, he couldn't show it. His body hardly worked. When he answered the Devourer's question, his words were slow, contemplative.

"I always thought I'd die in some tomb, muddling the historical contents within. Besides that, it never occurred to me. What interests me more, as it tends to, is the when." The doctors said I'd die of apoptosis three weeks ago."  A foggy pupil flickering between red and blue met the God General's. "In retrospect, I disagree with their assessment."

His lips curled slightly.

"It will be five minutes from now."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2024 23:51:55 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Howard was either joking or had lost his mind. Considering his sorry state, Zev would not have been surprised if the latter was true. But the admin answered his question with enough lucidity that he decided the former was probably more accurate. [break][break]

Being buried alive in an ancient tomb was something that happened only in movies. Apoptosis was nastier and more real. Cell death. What an inelegant way to die. It would have suited Howard. [break][break]

"Do you have any last words?" Zev asked, his tone neutral, almost aloof. [break][break]

It was not a question he ever asked his victims. Howard did not need to know that.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".zev3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h1"]font:18px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 h2"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 6:03:31 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Don't be rash. I gave you five minutes, didn't I?"

Whether Howard was mad or flippant hardly mattered. The archaeologist's tongue danced as what tattered remains of his consciousness waltzed in the clouds of delusion. At the end, it didn't matter.

The archaeologist was afraid, but fear meant little when he was this close to the end.

"A lot of them. More than you, most likely. I do love to talk. Yet I figured you'd like to gloat, first." A streak of white hair twirled between two fingers. A memento of the transition between worlds that only one other had experienced shined with the facets of Tera Crystals. "Who else will you get to be so forthright with?"

Dead men told no tales, after all. Howard had been keeping the Devourer's words to himself for almost a year. There had been no better motivator in his case than fear.

"I'm proud of the masquerade you've concocted. How much have we exploited from Team Rocket for our own ends, you and I?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2024 16:30:03 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev was not talkative by nature. His actions spoke for him, even when it came to gloating. And since he knew what Howard did not, he was not inclined to indulge at the admin's invitation. So instead, he deflected. [break][break]

"Proud?" An amused, skeptical sound escaped Zev's throat. "You might be suffering from apoptosis after all, Slayte." [break][break]

He walked around the bed, pausing at the single window of the hospital room. Outside, darkness descended upon Sootopolis, chasing the last rays of the sun toward the horizon. High above, stars glittered against the blackness, distant and cold. [break][break]

"You've painted an interesting picture of me in your head," Zev remarked.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2024 0:13:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The window that ■■■ stood before was the same one that allowed mist to seep in. The sheriff had visited him through it once before, to demand penance for his sins. Seeing the Devourer stand where the Warrior once did more to annoy the admin more than any clipped word that came from lips encrusted in crystal.

"Who else to paint it? Who else cares to?" It was an easy image to concoct, for its paint only required one color: black. "I can't be the only person to see how high you've risen, yet I seem to be the only person howling at the moon you've become, hanging far in the sky."

Distant. Cold. Untouchable. There had been civilizations that had worshipped the celestial objects as gods. Distant Alola, with its night and day came to mind.

"But you must be proud, or incredibly amused. How else do you feel when a group you don't care for raises you up even further than you were before?" Howard rasped, his voice thoughtful in spite of its hoarseness. "It saddens me."

A coughing fit ensued.

"It's how I rose to admin, though. Guess I can't fault it."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2024 17:24:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

"And why would you care, if no one else seems to?" Zev asked, though if Howard thought he sought any kind of validation, the admin would be wrong. "Why does it matter to you?" [break][break]

Zev had spent his whole life observing humans from an outsider's perspective; their quirks and habits sometimes amused him, and often intrigued him. Ingratiating himself into their social groups required learning why humans did anything at all. [break][break]

That curiosity had never left him, even when the need to seem like them had. [break][break]

He tilted his head at Howard. "You're comparing yourself a lot with me. Do you really believe that we're so similar, Slayte?" [break][break]

Zev's tone betrayed his meaning: We're nothing alike.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Aug 4, 2024 9:38:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"No. The only similarity we share is the understanding that Team Rocket is a farce." The words were treason, but Howard had accepted that his death was imminent. If he was going to fall here, he was going to speak his mind and shout into the void between the stars. "But that is enough. It is more than enough to understand."

Howard's tone clicked against ■■■'s. They were dissimilar, and thus were not alike. Still, the admin could at least pretend to understand the man sharing a space with him. Even so, Howard hated ■■■ on principle. The power of humanity had no right to be challenged by a being from beyond the stars.

Yet it was winning. Dammit, it was winning.

"I care because somebody should." Howard said simply. It's the answer that an academic would give. "Consider it... a satiation of an academic curiosity."

His voice is deflective. The conversation continues as another bout of coughing wracked Howard's body. Howard's mouth came away red.

"Can you do me a small favor? It is nothing taxing, I assure you. I'll answer any question in exchange."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 14:08:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Zev only cared for treason against Team Rocket insofar as it interfered with his personal goals. His impassive stare accepted Howard's words for what they were as he tucked the admin's truth away into a mental file. [break][break]

He had made his own stance clear with the upper echelon of the organization, but for all he knew, they still saw Howard as loyal. An idiot, perhaps, but devoted to the crime syndicate's cause. [break][break]

Either that, or trapped in its jaws. [break][break]

As coughs wracked Howard's body, Zev stepped closer until he stood at the side of the bed. "What is it?" the Devourer asked, not because he was agreeing.

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 7:00:41 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
A cog was loyal. A gear could not work against the greater mechanism without being crushed into scrap. The great mechanism known as Team Rocket had cogs that went every which way, but they ultimately all agreed to pretend to lock teeth and work together.

Few in Rocket put the organization over themselves. Team Rocket satisfied those who reached further than their position allowed.

Loyalty was a lie. The 'glory' offered to them was a lie. Yet if everyone believed in it, the deception became reality. That was the true nature of Team Rocket.

It was also the true nature of the query that left the admin's lips.

"Can you..." A deep breath as Howard's gaze fell upon the God General. "...tell me your name?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2024 15:37:12 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

What a strange request. Zev narrowed his eyes at Howard, wondering if the cocktail of drugs administered to him was causing temporary forgetfulness, or if he'd actually suffered brain damage. [break][break]

Zev considered not answering, but what did he have to gain by choosing that route? His name was not a secret. And contrary to some rumors shared by grunts in break rooms, was not a moniker hiding another name, a "real" one. [break][break]

"You know my name." [break][break]

Black crystals emerged from beneath his skin, spreading across his features like rapid necrosis. A thin, straight blade of that same alien metal grew from his wrist. The razor tip of it rested against Howard's chest, between two ribs. [break][break]

"It's ■■■."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 6:28:26 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
■■■.

■■■.

■■■.

This was never going to end until one of them was dead. There was something comforting about knowing that he'd never hear it again. The primal instinct, buried deep within the darkest recesses of his brain celebrated the fact that there was no logic or reason to this execution.

There was no need to but a label on the incomprehensible. It was not meant to be understood.

Yet the archivist in his soul screamed and raged and demanded that something be tied to the man standing over him. A way to define the undefinable, a way to for those that crawled across the land to comprehend the eldritch.

"Devourer." The title is a curse. "Do it. Suck the light of another star from the sky."

Bold words spoken from cattle.

"Kill me before I kill you."

@■■■
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
general of war
god general
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
3,051 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Sept 1, 2024 18:23:51 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev3"]
[attr="class","body"]

In Howard's clouded eyes, Zev saw the spark of impotent rage swelling in the broken man. The words that unraveled from Howard's tongue were a raving lunatic's, made all the more pathetic by his lucid ferocity. [break][break]

Standing at Howard's bedside, beholding this fragile creature striving to rise from the sediment of that godsforsaken rock into the celestial plane, Zev laughed. A deep, rich sound, it started as a chuckle. A tremble of broad shoulders. Then it erupted out like water from a dam. [break][break]

Behind the terrible noise was the echo of an alien reverberation, the sound of dark matter that dwelled between the stars. [break][break]

"Kill us?" Zev repeated, amused, when his laughter subsided. A toothy grin remained, an uncanny wrongness present in the smile. "Like you'd kill the sun or the rain?" [break][break]

Another laugh, a shorter one. [break][break]

"You could spend the rest of your brief human existence trying to kill us, , and you wouldn't even put a scratch in our armor. We existed before the dawn of time. We will live on even when you are dust. So rage as much as you want. In front of your superiors, or in the privacy of your room." [break][break]

Then, because he wasn't actually there to kill the admin, Zev pulled away, withdrawing the blade that rested above Howard's heart. [break][break]

"It doesn't matter to us."

TAGS[break]
NOTES – social

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,136 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
ANTHROPIC PRINCIPLE
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2024 1:18:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
He wanted to kill this man. To crack his crystal like a mediocre piece of obsidian and laugh as the shards were cast down to earth.

Yet the God General was not some ceremonial piece. He had been given a place of honor in a court of jesters and now thought himself a king. Howard couldn't blame him. Yet it was so frustrating. How could one man be so untouchable? How could one person be so detached from the world?

How could one human transition so wholly into godhood?

"You are not immortal. I don't know who'll do it, but someone will see if your heart is as black as your precious armor. Gods can bleed, ■■■. I've seen it. I've lived it." The admin swallowed in outrage as the blade disappeared. He had been so close. So close to freedom. "And you are not a god."

■■■'s smile was wrong. It was as if he had forgotten the motion. As if the memory of humanity had been scrubbed away in exchange for further invulnerability.

"You're just..." He shrugged weakly, his muscles hardly working. "...necessary. For now. But the world I aim to build has no need for you. The banquet's ending, Devourer. Eat your fill."

He met ■■■'s gaze.

"If you can suck the light from a star, then someone can kill the sun and the rain."

@■■■
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times