Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[WOPS] Josh and Annalise #3
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 3:56:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mauville Rangers to the rescue!

Josh had received a report of a family and their Pokémon stranded on a sandbar near Sea Mauville's wreckage, thanks to a noxious spill having riled up a school of Sharpedo. Their goal would be to get the family to safety; the pollution would be handled by another team. Even with that simple objective, the veteran Rangers would have their hands full. At full strength, it would be a simple task; Josh would serve as a distraction for Annalise to whisk the family to safety.

That would not be the case here, as Josh's arm was still not fully healed. It was healed enough to ride underwater, but not to engage in battle astride a Pokémon. If he were to suffer another arm injury, he might have no left arm for the rest of his life. "I don't know how good of a decoy I can be in my condition," Josh sighed in 's direction, holding onto Snacker's fin with both hands. "How you wanna split the duties, Captain?"

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 8:11:21 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ambrosia annal"]
[attr="class","amilkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","textbox"]
annalise feels bad for josh. he shouldn't be pushing himself in his condition, but she knows he couldn't bear to be idle for something like this as someone so involved with search and rescue missions. every time she glances over at him from atop her milotic, she can't completely disguise her concern for him. [break][break]"i'll be the decoy," she decides after a beat. "you just focus on helping the family. i have a bunch of water pokemon, so i think i'll be okay to deal with the sharpedo."[break][break]as an afterthought, she reaches for a pokeball and releases her lanturn to join them. it dives down deeper to assess the schooling sharpedo ahead.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","oocnotes"]

[attr="class","bottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnlist"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
PROMPT 04

[newclass=".annal"]--accent:#FFB546; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2024 21:42:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Thanks, Captain," Josh replied. "You're the best." He, too, had several aquatic Pokémon with him, including Megalo, a very capable Milotic healer. One thing Josh had learned from his time as a Ranger is to always carry a Pokémon with Heal Pulse, Life Dew, or a similar technique. When dealing with field injuries, time was of the essence. "Draw them away, and I'll send the cavalry in to pick them up and get them to safety."

With that, the Gym Leader released several more Pokémon alongside the Sharpedo: a Milotic of his own, a Dewgong, and even a Walking Wake. "Suicune will scare away any Sharpedo that slip through. I'm sure of it!" he cheered. "Good luck out there!" With that, the two approached the island, ready to go their separate ways. His team, having had so much experience with Ranger rescues, knew what they were doing. Josh kept his eyes out for prints of all kinds on the shallows, perhaps giving him a clue as to where the frightened, marooned individuals fled to.

10. Use tracking skills to locate victims or threats.

{PC: 2}

Suicune       Walking Wake   Good
Megalo        Milotic        Good
Ulysses       Dewgong        Good

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 6:46:18 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
"no prob," she says, dismissive of his praise. the division of responsibility just makes sense for josh's current state — plus, he has more than enough pokemon to easily recover a family and bring them somewhere safe. she nods in approval of their plan, brushing away wet strands of hair that cling to her jaw, then watches him release more pokemon. [break][break]"sounds good." her milotic begins to drift away from his sharpedo, drawn toward the blinking light of her lanturn. "good luck to you, too!"[break][break]and then they separate. josh goes toward the island. annalise goes parallel to the shore, shrugging her waterproof bag off her shoulder. her lanturn pulls the school away from the shallows, driving hungry sharpedo in her direction. she unzips her bag and tosses food into the sea, trying to satiate them.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
PROMPT 19

[newclass=".ambrosia"] width: 450px; margin: 0px auto; background-color:#1c1c1c; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; box-shadow:2px 2px 0px #333333, -2px 2px 0px #333333, 2px -2px 0px #333333, -2px -2px 0px #333333; position:relative; border-radius:10px; overflow:hidden;} .ambrosia .textbox i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .ambrosia .textbox b { font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); font-weight:500; } .ambrosia .textbox a { font:600 13px/13px 'Poppins'!important; } .ambrosia .textbox u { text-decoration: underline solid var(--accent); letter-spacing: 1.2px; text-underline-offset:1.5px; font:13px/10px 'Roboto';} .ambrosia .top { height: 250px; background-image: url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1058305315642286080/1155412642115104829/image.png); position:relative; } .ambrosia .line { height: 5px; background: #333; width: 300px; margin: 20px auto 0px; opacity:0.8; } .ambrosia .textbox { line-height: 15px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-size: 12px; font-family: roboto; color: #d6d6d6; margin: 20px auto 0px; text-align: justify; padding:40px 60px; padding-bottom:40px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist { text-align:right; margin-top:-20px; } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img { filter:grayscale(1); } .ambrosia .pkmnlist img:hover {filter:none;} .ambrosia .oocbox { border-top:3px solid #333; padding-top:10px; width:260px; margin:20px auto 0px; text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=".amilkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:10px; right:10px; opacity:0.5; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .amilkycredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#6b6b6b!important; } .amilkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .bottom"] height: 45px;background-color: #272727;border-top: 1px solid #333;background-image: url(https://i.ibb.co/7YB3gRD/flower.png);background-size: cover;background-repeat: no-repeat;background-position: bottom right;display: flex;flex-direction: row-reverse;flex-wrap: wrap;justify-content: space-between;align-content: center;align-items: center;padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .tagline"] color:var(--accent); font:12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .ambrosia .tagline span { color: var(--accent); font:500 11px 'Poppins'; background: #222; padding: 2px 10px; border-radius: 5px; border: 1px solid #333 } .ambrosia .tagline a { font:500 11px 'Poppins'; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ambrosia .oocnotes"] letter-spacing: 0.5px;margin-bottom: -20px;display: flex;column-gap: 10px; margin-top: 10px; align-content: center;flex-direction: row;flex-wrap: nowrap;align-items: center; } .ambrosia .oocnotes i { font-size:16px; } .oocnotes a { font:bold 11px/10px 'Poppins'!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ambrosia .nametag"] text-align:center; margin-top:20px; } .ambrosia .nametag a { font:600 15px/13px 'Poppins'!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2024 15:54:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Once Josh reached the island, he dropped Megalo off at it, stationing the healer Pokémon in the shallows. He radioed to Dewford HQ to give the Rangers there updated. "HQ, this is Leader Devlin. Captain and I will be routing victims to a small island at my current coordinates. A Milotic will be stationed on its north side. You'll know it's him by his saddle. The Captain will be doing her best to rout aquatic threats, but be prepared in case some slip through. Send a small medical team to assist with first aid and transport to Dewford General, over."

It would not take long for Dewford Rangers to arrive, though one had to be patched up after a rogue Bruxish attack. Such were the dangers of rescue operations: it was easy for the rescuers to turn into more victims. Taking full advantage of his successful rehab, Josh whistled for Suicune to come to his side, the Walking Wake crouching to let him aboard. The dinosaur Beast tromped forward, the Gym Leader keeping his speed limited to avoid putting too much pressure on his arm. The wild Pokémon in the area fled the Walking Take, fearful in the paradox Pokémon's presence. "We gotta keep an eye out for them, Suicune. They're probably well hidden."

While riding around the island, Josh switched frequencies to contact the Captain again. "Captain, it's Leader Devlin. I've got a small medical team on the way to assist with getting the family out of here. Still no sign of the victims, over."

33. Establish a station to treat and protect individuals.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 3:24:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
in her communicator, the static-laden voice of her colleague announces their plan to the rangers monitoring the sea mauville situation in dewford. her attention drifts in and out, distracted by the school of sharpedo as they swarm the surface, snapping their jaws at the food bobbing on the waves. [break][break]"see?" she coos to the frenzying sharks, speaking to no pokemon that's actually listening, hand rifling in her bag for more. "all the food you want, as long as you stay away from people."[break][break]more pokemon are driven this way out of fear of josh's walking wake and from the enticement of food. too many, she thinks, but she'll keep them occupied through whatever means necessary. over the radio channel, josh speaks. she puts a hand to her earpiece. [break][break]"oh?" that's never a good sign. "maybe they went further inland? over."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
PROMPT ?

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 6:26:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Roger, Captain," Josh replied. "Heading deeper in. Will keep you updated, over." Like any Elite Ranger, he had come prepared in the event his victims were stuck on a sinking platform or island. As it turned out, that was exactly where they were: on a sinking platform whose bridge was now too steep to simply walk across. Riding down the uneven bridge would be simple enough, the Walking Wake clambering and eventually sliding down onto the sinking platform. The married couple and their son were frightened of the paradox Pokémon.

"It's okay! Suicune doesn't mean any harm," Josh assured the family. "Elite Ranger Devlin. I'm working with Captain to make sure you three get back to Dewford safely. Withdraw all your Pokémon - mine will give you a ride down to the surface." The Gym Leader dismounted and withdrew his Walking Wake, trying to limit the weight on the sinking platform. Once all the victims' Pokémon had been withdrawn, Josh sent out Ulysses, Kairi, and Fumiko, the Vaporeon and Samurott crouching to let the mother, father, and son aboard.

02. Locate and free any trapped individuals.

{PC: 3}

Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Fumiko        Samurott       Good

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 8:48:56 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
annalise nods to herself, acknowledging josh's words for no one to see. she doesn't want to clog up their communications or distract him while he tracks down the family, so she omits any commentary completely. instead, she focuses on the shiver of sharpedo within reach. some of them swim close to the surface, their dorsal fins purpled with toxins from sea mauville. [break][break]she frowns. is that why they're freaking out?[break][break]"venus, sashimi, use aqua ring on them." [break][break]the healing waters encircle the group, looking no different than the ocean they're swimming in. she narrows her eyes, watching the splotches recede as they begin to recover. the ones less affected by the poison grow calmer as a result — or as close to calm as a sharpedo can get. [break][break]she hasn't heard from josh in a minute, she realizes, so she comms him while her pokemon work. [break][break]"how's it going? did you find them? over."
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
PROMPT 06

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 1:46:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the two aboard, Josh was about to hop onto his Dewgong when he got a radio message from the Captain asking for an update. Quick to respond it, he did as she asked. "Captain, it's Devlin. They've been found and secured. My Dewgong will be building an ice slide for them to get back to the surface safely. You should see it on the south side of the island. Will rendezvous ASAP. Over and out."

His reporting done, he helped the trio get astride the water Pokémon before ordering Ulysses to fire an ICE BEAM from the tilting platform's surface. A slide began to form from its edge. "Hold on tight, all three of you," he warned before Fumiko gave the ice-type a push over the edge. Despite his efforts to keep this slide's grade as light as possible, all three of the guest riders screamed like they were going down the hill of a roller coaster. Even Josh himself let out a whoop; he had never gone so fast on a Dewgong before.

01. Escort a group of workers or non-combatants to safety.

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 7:40:29 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
"sounds good! over."[break][break]with the sharpedo in better spirits and the family secured with josh, there isn't much left for her to do except wait for him to complete the rescue. she fishes around in her bag for the last of the pokemon food, tosses it away into the ocean, then commands her milotic to swim towards the southern side of the island. [break][break]she hears their screams first. [break][break]her heart drops. [break][break]but then she glimpses all of them atop josh's dewgong, sliding across the ice slide he had mentioned over the radio. they seem fine — screaming aside — so she lets out the breath she's holding, rolling off her tongue in a sigh. there are definitely better ways to evacuate scared families, but it's too late to counsel the gym leader on that. [break][break]for now, she waits for the rendezvous.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
PROMPT ?

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 5:39:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ulysses carefully controlled the angle of her ICE BEAM to ensure the family wouldn't hit the water's surface going too fast. Kairi and Fumiko were at least more adept at slowing their pace, the Vaporeon using her claws and the Samurott using her seamitars to generate sufficient friction on the slick shore. Their hearts were racing by the end of it, but they were safely on the shore.

With the family safely behind Josh and the Sharpedo school dealt with, he met up with on the south side of the island. "Got 'em," he gave the Captain a thumbs-up, the two still clinging to the Vaporeon and Samurott tightly. "Thanks for the help. Ready to head back to the mainland?" he asked, leading the way back at a more leisurely pace. "Dewgong can really put on a lot of speed on ice, huh?"

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

space

anna
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
ranger
captain
matias silph
dating
5'4 height
5'4 height
awards
1,511 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 9:24:56 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","textbox"]
annalise offers a brief glance at josh, but her eyes, scrutinizing, settle on the family clinging to his pokemon for far longer. her brows knit together, betraying her displeasure. [break][break]"yeah," she agrees, her milotic and lanturn trailing after the elite ranger's dewgong. at her urging, her milotic swims faster to pull her beside josh. [break][break]"good work on the rescue," she starts, but the critique can be seen in her expression before she speaks. "but you should be more careful next time. a dewgong rollercoaster ride can be a little ... much for a family who's already had enough thrills for one day."[break][break]nevertheless, the job is done and the family is safe, so she can't harp on his rescue strategy that much.
[attr="class","nametag"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","tagline"]
END

close tab

played by

gremlin creature

the shadow mod
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
3,467 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2024 23:29:05 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]WOPS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven