december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
mechanical kingdom: lm
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 8:07:41 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
02 use the klink line in some way.
05 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.
07 pretend to be a part of the animatronic robot Pokemon to avoid detection.
16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. underground tunnels, outskirts, abandoned homes).
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 8:17:51 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
It's been just a pleasant conversation in the Woods as Lutgarde starts to recognise their surroundings more. It's Sylv who catches on first, but by then, they already have been whisked away to a literal other dimension.

The clockwork is oddly comforting even with how much of a wild, free spirit Lutgarde might be else.

"Oh, that's-" they say, a bit dumbfounded but also kind of ... glad to be here. Still, this time, they aren't accompanied by a ranger captain, and are on their own with a civilian. "How good are you ... with Hoenn in general, I suppose? The situation might get a little tough, we should figure a way out of here quickly."

Even if part of them also yearns to explore more. Last time, they've been chased basically the entire time by something in this perpetuum mobile dream.

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
linguist, story collector
civilian
listening
to the world's heartbeat.
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 14:27:47 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","morrighancahill"]
[attr="class","body"]

Disoriented might be too light of a word to use - there is confusion, and a slight sense of fear, and something entirely foreign mixed into the amalgamation of feelings presiding in the collector's chest. But at the same, her heart beats just as normal - pounding, even, with the anticipation of ... something. A story worth telling, and a story worth keeping. A story - a fairy tale, almost.[break]
[break]
Fortunately, she doesn't find herself alone in this strange place, ruins of rock and steel, but with a stranger - an acquaintance at best, though something tells Morrighan that possibly, this is only the beginning of something bigger. "Hoenn ... in general?" she poses the question, tilting her head. "I'm afraid I'm not certain what you are suggesting." Or perhaps, the fact that Hoenn has ... numerous strange things happening to it, another factor why she was drawn to this place in first place?[break]
[break]
Before she can properly share her insights, though, something amidst the debris is rising to life - or, the closest semblance it can be as void eyes watch the unknown, a solitary klink - one half of what's supposed to be one - is going forth towards ... what, exactly?

[break]

EXPEDITION: The Mechanical Kingdom (#1)

- 1/5+ posts required.[break]
02 use the klink line in some way.[break]
05 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.[break]
07 pretend to be a part of the animatronic robot Pokemon to avoid detection.[break]
16 search for suitable locations to set up camp/base (e.g. underground tunnels, outskirts, abandoned homes).

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill"]--accent:#56658F;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2024 20:43:30 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass]
Lutgarde doesn't have the feeling that the other comes from Hoenn, and grins slightly lopsidedly at the confusion. They've felt that. "Hoenn is a really ... disaster-struck place, but it's got something indeed," they say, thinking back to their home region and the almost peace. "Where are you from?" they then wonder - hope their gut feeling isn't wrong about Morrighan not being from here.

That would be a bit embarrassing.

The Klink then catches their attention as well as the other's, and it seems to be going somewhere ... "Maybe if we follow it, we'll find something that'll help us out. We're currently in one of the areas called The Wilds. They're ... something like alternate timelines, dimensions, that sort of thing." ... that shouldn't be confidential information, right?

The Klink calmly floats onward, ever steady towards a location ... a tower?

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2024 16:51:00 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

It seems that there are some - understatements going on, making Morrighan raise an eyebrow in reply to the other's words. Well, but they have a point. It's vastly different from where she grew up in, even as she still doesn't possess quite the fondest memories, though it was probably only for her this suffocating. "Kalos," she still answers truthfully, eyes still wandering over this place. "It does seem like I've led myself to an interesting region, to say the least."[break]
[break]
And thus, curiosity settles ...[break]
[break]
Following the Klink with her eyes, she nods at Lutgarde's suggestion, making a first hesitant step before many more follow, yet always cautious and wary of her surroundings. In awe - yet fearful. Something about a majestic sight, perhaps, as the romanticist would have argued ... "The Wilds? It does look ... a little desolate," she nods, "so, I can assume you've been here before? Any rhyme or reason to it?" Implied is underneath the inquisitive tone, any chance to come back myself?[break]
[break]
Reaching the tower, it ... is less impressive up-close than it was before, mostly due to the fact that it is sunken beneath the pile of mechanical decay, broken pieces and gears out of place, rust and dust settling. But still, from where they stand, it's easy to see that a hand is missing, rendering the clock basically unusable. Relieved to find that her pokéballs are just fine, she calls for her Chatot, nodding towards the peak of the tower and muttering a "have a look up there?" before the bird flies off. To her human companion-of-sorts, she nods towards the window that's on their height currently. "Shall we go see for ourselves?"

[break]

- 2/5+ posts required.[break]
05 investigate a broken clock tower and discover that they are missing parts.[break]
07 pretend to be a part of the animatronic robot Pokemon to avoid detection.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".morrighancahill b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".morrighancahill .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 7:25:56 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"Oh? I'm from Kalos as well! Grew up near Santalune, but moved to Lumiose City then for a few years before coming here," Lutgarde happily shares about their common origin, something they didn't quite expect - but it does seem like Hoenn has a certain pull here.

"It certainly does," Lutgarde agrees, but they also feel oddly calm amongst the ever ticking clockwork. "There's only pokémon here, or well, beasts of some other kind, too. I've been here before - through an official portal of the League," they add, "on official ranger duty for an exploration mission. Turned into a rescue mission, too."

There's only beasts except for the humans that got lost here.

The tower they're approaching is covered partially by debris, debris that is unsafe to climb. Lutgarde whistles for their own flying type, and Sylph abruptly appears by their side - even if this trip's been unplanned, they can always be sure to count on Sylph to follow. "We sure can! Sylph here can carry us both up - I don't think climbing here is really safe." They'd help Morrighan onto the Togekiss first, before hopping on themselves as well.

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2024 17:26:08 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Finding someone of similar origin is - startling, to say the least, in a place like this no less. It's both as unsettling as it is comforting, another puzzle piece connecting the both of them together, even as Kalos has left its own sour memories behind. "Oh? I actually grew up in Lumiose City - how the paths can lead to strange places," Morrighan muses with a hum, nodding. Yeah ... how Fate can have its strange workings.[break]
[break]
The implication in their words don't quite go lost on her, though she leaves it uncommented for now. Maybe, it'll be able to ask about it later - maybe, she'll get to hear the story behind those words, too ... but for now, one would presume that the present has imminent priority. Somehow, her head also starts aching a little, a little pounding alongside the clockwork that she is able to ignore for now. Surely just some migraine again, right? "Oh - I see. Quite a strange happening," she remarks, eyeing the things in front of them.[break]
[break]
"Sounds good to me," she replies to Lutgarde's suggestion, trying to find a stable balance on the Togekiss before they already land on the peak's tower after the brief descent. What awaits them is the typical clock, a giant bell that would normally call for its time and time again, but ... it stands still, amidst the click-clack, click-clack of time. "I wonder what happened here - wait, are you hearing this, too?" Morrighan voices, senses alert as she notices something coming in ...

[break]

- 3/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 14:07:27 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
Lutgarde agrees with a nod, "Truly! A pity we haven't met earlier then," they smile as they continue onward in this strange place. "And yes, again. I think I better take some notes," they actually remember their notebook and take it and a fountain pen out, starting to make some quick notes about their entrance before this, too, is only a memory to be unremembered.

Lutgarde lets Morrighan and Sylph fly up first, before swiftly climbing atop of their Togekiss, too, to be carried onward. The bell here in this tower is filled with an eerie quiet, a stillness that doesn't fit this mechnanical landscape at all. "There's also quite some statues around here ... But I wonder why they aren't moving." After all, this kingdom seemed to have solved the riddle of perpetuum mobile, just to freeze parts of its landscape in this again?

But Morrighan is right, too - something's coming. And suddenly, the statues start to move, too. Rhythmic, clumsy movements, clearly preprogrammed, clearly following a routine. "Animatronics-" Lutgarde whispers, before urging Morrighan to take place with the other robots, "Let's pretend we're part of this."

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2024 16:22:02 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The words feel like repeated niceties, something just said on the fly, but it feels like there is more genuineness to their words yet that make them nod with a gentler smile. "Likewise - and, quite so ... actually-" Morrighan cannot comprehend how she didn't think of it before, taking out her notebook and fountain pen- and a chuckle escapes her as she sees Lutgarde's chosen tools. "It seems like we should meet for a cup of tea, whenever we make it out of here," she suggests bemused, even as at the same time, she's not quite as hell-bent on getting out here fast (even as her head tells her otherwise ...).[break]
[break]
Up on top of the tower, silence is greeting them, something akin to a forlorn quietness. Pen that flies over the paper, quick sketches being made before - oh. Perhaps, there is indeed more that meets the eye. The statues begin to move and carefully, Morrighan stores away her notebook and fountain pen as she nods slowly towards the ranger. Sharp eyes glance over the animatronics, carefully mimicking the one closest to her as she inserts herself into their slowly forming line towards ... where? She would have loved to investigate the lacking tower bell further, but it seems that it would be best to follow the strange automatons first.

[break]

- 4/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 20:42:13 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
"We should!" Lutgarde agrees with an easy grin, not noticing that Morrighan, just like them, might be inclined to stick around longer in this strange and yet beautiful kingdom. They feel oddly at peace here, even if it seems lifeless ... to them, it's not. "I know some cafés around the area that I can show you. But ah, do tell me if you start feeling uncomfortable - the, I guess air? here for long isn't too great for us."

Lutgarde, like Morrighan, falls into place with the strange animatronics. They quickly identify their dance as ballet in the widest sense, a sports that they briefly touched upon in their childhood. And then, a strange automaton appears, unlike anything they've seen before. It's not a known pokémon - it simply seems to be a caretaker, watching the robotic dancers as they fulfill their routine.

Gladly, Lutgarde does not only build muscle mass, but also pays attention to staying flexible, too. If the other showed signs of struggle, they'd try to subtlely lend a hand until the caretaker disappears once more, and the music box stops playing.

"Huh, that's ... interesting to have atop a tower," they remark, and look around. "Maybe we can also put up shelter here ... if we're careful with when the caretaker here comes up."

close tab

played by

yuen

Mo, The Collector
she/her, any
thirty-three
May 5
lumiose city, kalos
aromantic asexual
civilian
listening
5'3'' / 160 cm height
5'3'' / 160 cm height
awards
67 posts
part of
TAG WITH @morrighan
Morrighan Cahill
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 16:57:05 GMT
Morrighan Cahill Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Promises are made for whenever they would return, as Morrighan nods in accordance - the certainty that they would be able to leave draws a question mark in their mind, for surely, if this is their second trip towards this strange place, they definitely were able to leave before. But how - and why? But before they can add much else, new adventures are found - and a head that pounds more and more relentlessly, subtly ... until they are swept away in a performance of its own kind.[break]
[break]
Though her movements are rusty, there is some memory to the way the ballet dancers move - not quite what she once used to witness every now and then when it was the season of such performances taking place, or the amateur-ish way that she used to practice before turning to different shores, but perhaps ... the slight sense of imperfection as the statues - dolls themselves display is just enough to make her fit in a little more. She hasn't noticed how she held her breath until the last note fades, until the caretaker of an automaton disappears to wherever it might have come from.[break]
[break]
"... quite so," Morrighan agrees after taking careful breaths to even out her lack of breathing from before, although the air is - as Lutgarde pointed out before - indeed a little ... strange. Maybe? Or it is something else that makes her feel discomforted, yet it is unable to curb her curiosity - and the desire to know more. She looks around at the statues falling back into motionlessness, wandering cautiously between them as she finds a small corridor-of-sorts, calling over to the other. "There might be - something like a room? It seems quite narrow, but we should fit through." And with some luck, nothing else ...

[break]

- 5/5+ posts required.[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

ema

sporty pathfinder
they/them
twenty-four
december 27th
near santalune, kalos
biro grey-ace
ranger
elite
single
6'1'' height
6'1'' height
awards
400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lutgarde
Lutgarde Dijkstra
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2024 18:48:27 GMT
Lutgarde Dijkstra Avatar
After the performance, Lutgarde takes a moment to look at the robotic, but a more pragmatic thought quickly takes up place in their mind as they see if there might be anywhere they could take shelter for a little while. They find themself growing slightly weary now, and a break would be appreciated now that they aren't actively chased by something like during their last visit. It gives them time to take in this area properly, with its strange, yet oddly soothing machinations.

"Hmm? Let me see, maybe we can figure something out ... if there's a door, that would be ideal, of course." With that, they and Sylv follow Morrighan towards the room, a room which they would see about preparing so it could work as a camp, a base perhaps. Even if it's also in a fairly unideal location.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP