6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[M][C/Tagnaroa] Null and Void
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 3:25:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the passing of last night's severe thunderstorm, the heat advisory that had been plaguing Mauville City for the last two weeks had at last expired. Josh had never appreciated a temperate environment so much, able to open his Gym's windows for the first time in a while, and more importantly, shut off the air conditioning.

After an uneventful half-shift, the recovering Gym Leader was riding aboard Voja, a Mightyena of great size. The black canine's fur rippled in the wind as she ran alongside Aleph, Josh's Type: Null. Though his left arm was still a little droopy from the stress his rehab session had put on it, it felt good to be able to hold the reins with two hands again. "Voja, can we pick up the pace a bit?" the Gym Leader asked, the Mightyena happy to oblige. She broke into a gallop, the dark-type dashing up Route 111's hills toward the Great Desert.

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Aleph         Type: Null     Good
Voja          Mightyena      Good

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2024 3:55:57 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
As the gym leader had finished their shift, the uphill sprint would soon form a figure in the direction. Laid across the road, and blocking the path. Was a palm tree, had it been chopped down? The lopped down tree, seemed to rustle and move but before it could seemingly burst to life. A voice, boomed from behind the trainer and his duo of dogs. The oversized Polynesian, grinned as he ran his tongue across his teeth. Slowly clapping. "Hey buddy, you reckon you could spare some change?" He hummed.

With a sharpedo tooth, strung around his neck, Hunu fixed their unbuttoned shirt. The scars and tattoos that adorned his marbled, dark skin was all to show. A foreigner? To his side, was a black striped cat. A fire starter from another region, the hairs on the feline stood up as it hissed. Foam formed at the ridges of their mouth, as the saliva kindled to flames. "Just a little bit, yeah?" Hunu hummed, as this was his favorite system.

Form a fake road block, and shake down those for money. For those who, don't go down so easy, well.. he somewhat hoped that they resisted. As it was more fun that way.  
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2024 5:55:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh tugged sharply backward on Voja's reins as he saw the fallen tree on the road, the dark-type canine extending his claws toward the ground to slam on the brakes. The Mightyena reared before baring his fangs toward what now appeared to be an Alolan Exeggutor, towering above mount and rider.

The tall man could easily make eye contact with Josh, even when the Champion was in the saddle, due to his height advantage. "None I can spare for free, but if you're looking for work, Mauville Gym's hiring," was the semi-snarky answer Tangaroa would get. "Great pay and great benefits, long as you don't mind being around a bunch of big Pokémon."

The Type: Null, however, wasn't nearly as friendly; as though he could sense the tall man's malice, he raised a paw toward Tangaroa and his Pokémon preemptively. It took a quick hand from Josh to get Aleph to stand his ground.

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 9:42:48 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
He loved these kinds of guys. The ones with a mouth, who tried to make a joke out of it all. It could have been a suggestion but, the banter between two trainers was just a smoke screen for what was to come. Scratching his chin, Hunu exhaled sharply with a whistle. "Mauville Gym, huh? You work there too, Mr.?" Hunu asked, as he licked the gums of his teeth. Grinning, their Torracat continued to hiss. <Reowwwwwwwwwww!> she hissed, as the Alolan continued to grace the tiger with pats.

"Don't mind her, she's nice once we're paid.. and buddy, have ya seen me? I'm basically a whole Machoke." Hunu playfully flexed, as he was subtly feeling out the trainer in front of him. His eyes looked onto the mount, and then onto the Type: Null, a raised eyebrow.. he could swear he saw something similar to that back at home. Was he, wrong? He shook the feeling for a moment, as he hummed.

"Know what, I'm going to have to offer that job opportunity. But, I don't believe you when you say your pockets are dry." Hunu responded, as the Alolan Exeggcutor began to shake and dance. It gave a goofy, yet threatening glance.. it was using its ability to see if there was anything to steal.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 21:16:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh guffawed at the Alolan's ignorance. "Work there? You're talking to the Gym Leader," the young man answered, Aleph growing more and more wary by the moment. He was not afraid of Huzu's musculature, too... for those with such strength often lacked in agility. With how fast his Pokémon were... good luck taking advantage of all that strength.

The Exeggutor would be able to frisk out a typical lower-upper class man's possessions, such as a loaded wallet... but the most unique find would be a RAINBOW FEATHER that would glow all seven colors when exposed to sunlight.

"You're barking up the wrong tree. I'll only warn you one more time. You're messing with a Gym Leader, a League official. If you want to end this the hard way, I promise you that it won't end well for you."

{PC: 3}

Swift         Raikou         Good

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2024 22:29:27 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
He rolled his eyes, trying to discourage the gym leader after their reveal. Did Josh not recognize, he didn't mind who it was when he wished to rob somebody. He just always hoped they fought back, replying by digging in between his teeth with his pinky, they flicked scraps across the area. <Egggggggggg> the Exeggcutor groaned, notifying Hunu of a potential item to steal. His eyes darted toward his Pokemon, and then back at the Gym Leader.

Hearing their threat, allowed for Hunu to scoff a laugh. "Wowwwwww, is that an official challenge. Mr. League member?" Hunu hummed, trying to goad the other man into a brawl. Sure he was big, but saying he wasn't agile was underestimating him. The way he formed his Pokémon, was a means to take ADVANTAGE of their flaws. He waited, tapping his bearded chin. "C'monnnn, shit is real interesting if you ask me."
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 7:44:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh sighed deeply, sliding off Voja's back. "I tried to stop you... but if you really want to go a few rounds, then you leave me with no cnoice. Voja, let's make this quick, okay?" The Gym Leader turned toward his Mightyena and briefly cuddled with the giant hound before getting ready for a battle with this fool in front of him.

"DOUBLE TEAM!" Josh ordered, made to witness what may have been the fastest Mightyena in all of Hoenn. The move meant to disorient foes was just as much of a signature move as Quick Attack was to him. Depending on how keen the Alolan Exeggutor's vision was, it may have been helpless against the high-speed assault to come!

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 8:40:06 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
Hunu grinned, trainers always seemed to have a means of warning and calling out moves. With arms crossed over his chest, the Rocket Member hummed to himself as he watched the Mightyena hustled their way around the battlefield. Employing after images of their body, however- Kane remained tall. Similar to that of a hammer, in a game of Whack-a-Mole the Dragon Type held their position. It's three heads in tandem with frisk, allowed them to gain a better form of sight.. sure, he might have not been as fast. However, his greatest strength was their power and advantage against Speed-Type's like this. "Now!" Hunu barked!

Instead of striking where Mightyena was, Kane had attacked where Voja would be! Violently swinging their body across and down, the Dragon Type attempted to batter the Mightyena dead on target with their movements around. The attack used was Dragon Hammer. As Kane roared a triumphant cry, whether he missed or not didn't effect their goal.. as it was in the workings. "You take me as a girl who is only good for a quickie? You're funny!"

"Eggggggggggggg"
Kane groaned, as they had purposely positioned their swing so that their additional heads could gain ample vision of his side in case of Mightyena aiming to evade and follow the course quicker. The Alolan grinned.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2024 22:55:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The dragon-type seemed to have a sixth sense, able to detect which Mightyena was real and pound into her with a powerful DRAGON HAMMER. While it did not bury the dark-type, it did leave her disoriented and throbbing. Conditions she thrived in. Used to being an underdog after taking one hit, the Mightyena, only able to see out of one eye for the moment, flexed her legs as though she was getting ready to leap.

"ASSURANCE."

Springing toward the dragon-type with jaw and claw pointed squarely in its direction, the Mightyena looked ready to tear into the tree-dragon the best she could. "Not bad," he faked a compliment. The dirty fighting didn't go unnoticed, and if things spiraled too out of control, he always had the sacred Pokémon inside the RAINBOW FEATHER as his ace in the hole.

{PC: 5}

Voja          Mightyena      Fair

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2024 6:45:37 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
Dirty fighting? Hunu was just preparing himself for the worst. Positioning the Exeggcutor's head to not be buried in the sand, in the scenario where he would miss was simply playing it smart. However, Hunu watched as the Dark Type retaliated with a amplified move of Assurance. "So, Mightyena had an attack like that waiting in it's back pocket.." Hunu though to himself, as it seemed like the dark type had abandoned their attempt at evading and would rather trade blows against Kane. Upon the assurance landing onto Kane, the Alolan Pokémon wailed in pain from the Dark Type's empowered strike. However, with Voja locking their claws and jaws into the dragon type. 

The immigrated grass type glowed, their body engulfed with an empowered emerald aura that fluctuated around them. Violently, matching the power the Dragon Type threw themselves down with Voja locked into them. This was not Dragon Hammer, but Wood Hammer! The empowered strike was overwhelming enough to deal recoil back to Kane themselves, however that was a risk it was willing to take. 

"Trading blows with him, isn't going to give you a victory. This is the wrong tree that puppy is trying to bark up at." Hunu gave a smug shrug and grin, as he poked out his tongue.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2024 20:20:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As powerful as Voja's claws and fangs were, the Alolan dragon remained standing. The dark-type's unceasing aggression would continue, raking at the grass-type until it drove the Mightyena into the dirt with a WOOD HAMMER. Shaking and helpess, what with two of her legs pounded into the dirt, Josh sighed and recalled the exhausted, whimpering Pokémon.

"You're a lot stronger than I anticipated you would be," Josh answered as he reached for his belt. Before he could detach one of them, Aleph would bolt toward Hunu's Pokémon, leaping toward it with outstretched claws and talons in a brutal-looking X-SCISSOR.

{PC: 6}

Voja          Mightyena      KO

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2024 3:05:58 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
After the successful attack, the Exeggcutor waddled back with obvious signs of damage from the Mightyena and the recoil it had endured from their reckless strike. Hunu placed both his hands on his hips, as he watched the dark type being recalled back to their trainer.. Josh seemed reluctant or somewhat upset with the fact he underestimated Hunu- however it seemed the Gym Leader's synthetic mon was antsy for a battle. As Aleph dashed forward, a streak of orange and black guarded against the bug type move with their body. Popoki!

The feral tiger was ready, dashing out just as Aleph had and used their body as a barrier to soak up the bladed strike. Luckily for the Torracat, the attack wasn't very effective in comparison to what it would be against Kane. Hunu hummed, returning their ace back to their capsule as a combustion of flames emitted from the maw of the fire type. Aiming to sink their Fire Fang, into the neck of the Type: Null out of retaliation.

"Woo! It seems your mon like to fight a little dirty and without warning, you might want to reel that horse in before it gets hurt!" He barked back with a grin.
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 22:51:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As a Gym Leader, Josh enjoyed regulated Pokémon combat. He loved the finer arts of a Pokémon battle surrounded by referees and safeties in case the Pokémon got a bit too into their match. He fought with honor. For months and even years, that honor was extended even to his enemies -- those in war. Those on the other side of the aisle. Since being exposed to multiple battlegrounds in Dewford, he began to realize that there was no getting Rocket to repent for what they had done. To fight fair.

Sometimes, even the most honorable fighter needed to get his hands red with blood if he wanted to come out ahead against a foe who did likewise.

"That's not me doing that," Josh casually excused Aleph's ruthless behavior as the Normal-type bled. "That's all him. And he's got eighteen of my best friends living on inside him. Two of which... gave their lives for him." The dark-type cat was nimble, that much was certain, and would easily be able to avoid a swift kick from him as he rolled onto his feet, blood trailing behind him. "TRI-ATTACK."

Distancing himself from the Torracat, the spikes on Aleph's retainer would glow red, yellow, and blue in a three-pronged attack. While it would not burn or freeze the fire-type, it might leave it a lot less limber than before...!

{PC: 7}

Aleph         Type: Null     Fair

close tab

played by

MonkGarbage

He/Him
Feb 24
Seafoam Village
Pansexual
Team Rocket Member
Grunt
6'6" height
6'6" height
awards
79 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tangaroa
Tangaroa Emzar
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 8:52:56 GMT
Tangaroa Emzar Avatar
Banished From Alola
"I guess you're right!" Hunu grinned, before bursting out into outlandish laughter. He watched, and indulged in the blood sport which was occurring before him and the other trainer. He was the opposite, putting so many rules and handicaps only dragged a fight out to being worse than what it was meant to truly become or form. He raised an eyebrow, and stared at the synthetically created Pokemon. The Normal Type, intrigued the Alolan as he hummed.

"Is that so? So you're saying one Pokemon, is worth a single small army. I like that. I like that a lot. Surely you sacrifice more, to see how far it can go!" The trainer boldly demanded, seeing that those who had given their life up to Aleph was a means to an end. He watched as his Torracat was soon bombarded by the trio of strikes, almost wobbling in place as they had felt their speed slow from the strike.

"Smart brat, go ahead and use Flame Thrower!" Hunu demanded, as the tiger cub twitched slightly, heaving and brewed a flame in their maw. The flames flickered before violently spreading and expanding into a column, aiming to claim the battlefield in flame!

OOC
tag
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,861 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 28, 2024 18:01:22 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The battle between the Type: Null and Torracat raged out of control, the plains before them igniting into quite the BLAZE from the fire-type's desperation. The added power caused the normal-type to fall, Josh forced to recall him.

Was he, a Champion, about to be taken down by some random road thug? No, not over his dead body. Trembling, he plucked the RAINBOW FEATHER from his vest and raised its scintillating plumage above his head, ash dripping from its quill. "I implore you. Stand down. Don't make me use this," he urged the imposing Rocket. "Please."

{PC: 8}

Aleph         Type: Null     KO

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited