Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
An observer of eons cannot feel the warmth of another.
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 8:08:16 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck..."

Howard grinded his teeth to nubs as he and Montgomery sat behind an old steel container stamped with a Blitzle symbol. Something about speedy deliveries at record times, or something like that. Howard didn't particularly care, besides the fact that inside the steel container was a coffin made out of solid gold.

Gold. Something that never rusted or tarnished. Something that was also going to pay for his next year of sustenance.

Oh, and the gangster's alcoholism, most likely.

"You said these guys were trustworthy!" Howard hissed at them as a Fire Blast soared overhead, hitting the wall of the warehouse where the meeting was held. It had gone well for exactly ten minutes, before someone had said something. Maybe it was Howard. Maybe it was Montgomery.

It didn't matter. These other gangsters wanted them dead.

"I'm gonna kill you, you fucked us."

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2024 20:52:36 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"I mean, they are. Until ya fuckin' pissed in their bowl of cereal," Montgomery snapped back at Howard, loading his pistol and reaching for a Poke ball.

"If yer gonna keep workin' with me, Howy-kins, ya really gotta learn some gangster etiquette."

There was that same wicked, shit-eating smirk that he reserved just for Howard. "Remember: we get through this, and ya get yer PD. Right? So, time for you to show the guns you're hidin' under this-" His hands gesture to his body. "Strange composure you have."

Throwing out his KROOKODILE, the reptilian beast lowered himself to the ground, crawling on all fours before he leapt forward and CRUNCHED. Montgomery took his cue to rise, firing a few blasts over the boxes that PROTECTED them.

[attr="class","montytag"] | unova - past
- bingo: protect
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 6:17:55 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I did it exactly how it's done in the movies! I didn't think they'd take offense!"

He seemed almost offended that the people trying to do him and Montgomery in didn't watch old western flicks and heists. He had done it exactly like in the cool television shows, and now all he had to show for it was lead embedded into the coffin and a talking-to from the gangster next to him.

At least they were kicking, still.

"I don't have any guns!" Howard squeaked as he patted down his person. None of his Pokemon were remotely threatening, except for...

...her.

Damn.

"This is a really bad idea, Monty. Really stupid." He unclipped the Pokeball from his belt and eyed it like one would an explosive. "Might kill us both."

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 18:25:00 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"Movies ain't real life, pal!"

He shot at another grunt, hitting him square in the chest before he ducked back behind the box they were hiding behind. How long did they have until its integrity cracked? Montgomery had no idea, but they didn't have long until they were eating lead themselves.

His gaze traveled to Howard's hand, as he held a Poke ball out.

"Being killed is better than bein' brought in by these jackasses and tortured. Do it!"

[attr="class","montytag"] | past - unova
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 5:45:03 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Howard Slayte did not have a single strong Pokemon. They were all caught for practicality, to help the young archaeologist when he was on digs. If he couldn't afford an assistant or three, he could certainly afford a few Pokeballs.

But there was one. One exception. His pride and joy that stood over all of his Pokémon.

His eye twitched. He didn't like fighting with her. She was a friend, not a force of nature. He hadn't sold his eye just to let her get hurt on some meaningless battlefield. Still, there was no way in hell he was dying here with a gangster. There was no way that he'd let her get taken and sold.

That was the straw. He threw the Pokeball. It clicked open.

▂▂▃▃▅▅ーーー!! A roar rang through the warehouse as a massive Aerodactyl clawed its way over the cover that Monty and Howard were using. Her maw opened, drool and spittle stringing between teeth sharper than daggers.

"Say hello..." Howard swallowed, turning pale. "... to Shirley."

And Shirley's greeting was to tear off an arm belonging to their attackers.

BINGO: PRIDE

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2024 13:10:25 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]It seemed Howard had some sort of trick up his sleeve, as he revealed his Poke ball and unleashed the Pokemon named "Shirley." He peered over the box, watching as the fossil Pokemon shredded apart their assailants.

To say he was SURPRISED was an understatement. There was shock in his gaze.

"You mean you've had 'er waiting in a ball this entire time, and we could've gotten this sooner?" Of course, he didn't know his sentiment toward the Pokemon. Unlike him, Montgomery found most of his Pokemon used for utility over anything else.

Assisted with the KROOKADILE, the attackers were quickly erased. There was a ceasefire.

"Careful. There still may people around."

- bingo: surprise
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2024 22:41:44 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I don't like using her for battle. What if she gets hurt?"

As the words left his mouth, a man's screams were cut short with the sickening crunch of flesh. The Aerodactyl roared, a lasting memory of an era that nobody would live to see again. Primordial flesh revitalized by modern technology ended lives with apathy and rage.

"What to we-" Another roar shook as flesh crunched. "Do with the coffin?"

Lugging it around was going to be a chore.

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 1:10:18 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]The screams of pain made Montgomery's eyebrow raise skeptically.

"I think that you have to worry more about the people that she's eatin' right now, bud," he said, the bloodbath raging behind them.

Finally, it grew eerily quiet. He sighed, hitting his head back against the golden case and reaching to his side for a cigarette. He held the box out to Howard for him to take one as well.

"Just leave it to me. I'll get a nobody to haul it back to base. We gotta take the money before it gets tainted." He lit the cigarette, walking around the coffin to scrounge cash off the bodies of the dead.

[attr="class","montytag"]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 3:18:37 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Another sickening crunch. The archaeologist paled slightly.

"I went through so much to keep her alive. If she gets hurt, it'd all be for nothing. Nothing. I can't let that struggle lose meaning." If he couldn't fight, then she shouldn't fight. Montgomery was the muscle. Howard simply made them money. "It can't happen."

Yet if Montgomery was scrounging up money, then what was Howard's point in this all?

"Shirley!" Howard whistled, and the Aerodactyl's eyes turned to him, their pupils hardly more than slits. "C'mere, girl!"

She pounced. For a horrible moment, it looked like she was going to devour her trainer. Instead of doing that, she licked his face.

"Good fella..."

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 12:59:38 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Once the money was collected, Montgomery looked back at Howard. The man was too soft. Too sentimental.

However, he could relate. Didn't he join Rocket to protect his loved ones? Grow stronger?

"Howard, if I may," he began, stashing the cash and wiping away the blood that covered his hands. "Do ya wanna become stronger? Protect Shirley with every ounce of your bein' and more than that? Not ever have ta worry about money again?"

He walked closer, coming behind the man and leaning closer, to whisper in his ear. "I can help ya. I can make yer life one thousand times easier than it has been now. All ya need to do..."

This time, a hand was placed on his shoulder.

"Is ask."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 0:43:34 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"There are people in this world who are blessed with an undeniable amount of talent. Their skill is so great that they just... excel in whatever field they choose."

The archaeologist refused to meet Montgomery's eyes as he stroked Shirley's head. She bared her teeth at the gangster, serrated teeth smelling the scent of blood on the older man's body. Her eyes reflected the gangster he was and the vigilante he would one day become. Two sides of the same coin.

"Never got good at battling. I watched all those old flicks of the kids going on journeys to grow strong, thought it could be me."

He shrugged.

"Never clicked." His eye met the gangster's, half of his retina hidden under the hat. "Why do you care?"

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
250 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 1:55:30 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"But ya don't have to be not good. I can teach you. You just have ta be willing to learn."

Montgomery eyed his AERODACTYL, a look of disinterest across his face as he rounded him to the front.

"Do ya wanna feel pitiful and useless forever? Or do ya wanna become somethin' more?" he asked, placing his hand on his hips as he stared him down.

He had the height to be intimidating, peering down his nose at Howard. "I don't care whatcha become. But I think there's potential in you to become greater. My group, we can help. We have all the resources to do so."

Montgomery smirked. "Ya can't hide behind yer glass wall forever."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
Single
5'9 (with hat) height
5'9 (with hat) height
awards
3,063 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
Gold, Eternal Into Time
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 5:48:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"I'm not useless!" He insisted as he glared at Montgomery. "We just have different skills. That's why we're here. Together. Right now."

Human beings were individually worthless, but they could combine their abilities and skills to accomplish grand things. Every region had been raised up by stonemasons and builders, fed by farmers, and ruled by kings. They couldn't exist without each other, just like Montgomery couldn't break into tombs without his help.

Unfortunately, that meant that Howard needed him too.

"As long as they don't throw rocks at my wall, I'm safe." Howard shrugged. "But your group..."

He shuffled again.

"Say their name, Monty."

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB