awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 23:50:41 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Montgomery's expression faltered, drooping to a look of uncertainty. That stupid reality still stood. He'd bedded a Rocket woman, one he found too infatuating and tempting. Their relationship, and whatever it was becoming now, was built on rivalry and distrust.

He should've brought her in handcuffs at Mossdeep, back to Dewford.

Instead, his mind played a few snippets of their time last night. Montgomery's body over hers, both of them claiming their desires with vigor and passion he'd never felt before with any other partner. And she wanted him again.

This time, she offered her sanctuary.

"Ameena." He laid onto his back, begrudgingly withdrawing from her. "What are we doin'?"

[attr="class","montytag"] | make it double
[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2024 23:59:30 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

There was no answer that would truly satisfy the question. There were multitudes surrounding them both that complicated things over and over. [break][break]

"We are two people lying in bed after a successful night." True. "We are betraying our respective allegiances by fraternizing with the enemy and rendering ourselves vulnerable without making an attempt to take down the other." True. "You took someone sort of in custody to your home for carnal pleasures." True. "You took someone you should not trust because of her allegiance and because of her capacity to put ethical codes beneath scientific endeavors, and you brought her somewhere sacred." True. [break][break]

She reached for his hand, seeking to hold him. "We are two people perpetually making mistakes because compromise is impossible." False. [break][break]

"You want this story to have a different end, but it does not. We can keep playing a dangerous game, this game, but it will only grow more dangerous, and it cannot ever be more than a game." Neither of them could have a real, satisfactory happy ending with the other on the opposite side of the aisle. It was not possible. [break][break]

One of them had to make a choice sooner or later. Softly, she added, "What are you doing?"

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena"]--accent:#EF59D8;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
when it's time to shoot, quit yappin'
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 0:34:55 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"I wish you weren't so damn smart..." He didn't mean it at all. Her brain, aside from her physique, was also very attractive. She knew how to pull him around, drag him on his leash.

He'd never been able to silently admit that before.

"I know. I know. Why can't we just..." Run away together? Leave Hoenn, leave its drama, and think of only themselves?

They couldn't. They both had too many people relying on them. Dewford needed him. And Rocket... well, he supposed they needed her too.

As her hand found his, Montgomery couldn't help the squeeze he gave back. He looked at her from his pillow. "I'm having a mental breakdown. Isn't it obvious?"

The deputy sighed, sitting up in the bed. The blankets and sheets pooled from his chest to his waist, as he rubbed his eyes with exhaustion and contemplation. "So, what do we do? Lie to the world? Yer identity, no one knows it. They think yer a CEO."

Unless she got in trouble with the law, Montgomery had potential ability to protect her.

"Do you remember, in the mist, and before it... I told ya somethin' about me. Only one other person in this damned place knows about it. 'Bout me." That being Navy.

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.monty] width:370px;background-color:#232323;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px; margin: 0 auto; font-family:nunito, sans-serif; border-radius: 5px 5px 0px 0px; [/newclass][newclass=.monty b] color: #d4a53c; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; font-weight: 700; [/newclass][newclass=.monty i] color: #888; [/newclass][newclass=.monty u] text-decoration: none; font: bold 10px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][newclass=.montytag] padding: 15px 44px 15px 45px; background-color: #2b2b2b; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 0px; margin-top: -30px; width: 369px; text-align: right; border-bottom: solid 1px #232323; border-left: solid 1px #232323; border-right: solid 1px #232323; border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2024 23:06:52 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She sighed in sympathy as he sat up and stressed. [break][break]

So, what do we do? That was the million dollar question. [break][break]

"My civilian ID is intact. Your identity is, too. But Rocket knows you are a Leaguer, which means they cannot see me fraternizing with you. Not in any meaningful way." Especially if Rocket knew about their call in Mossdeep. Each act of mercy would count against her, and him, by the eyes of their respective allegiances. [break][break]

Her fix would solve their problems but cost Montgomery is salvation, his morals. "I remember," she admitted. "You were a Rocket before." Can't you do it again? For me? She looked at the scars across his body. "If you were again... I could keep you under my wing. My watch. I would give you moral assignments. You could help people, still. Help them more, with my resources."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".ameena u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".ameena .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass][googlefont="Roboto Mono"]
close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2024 2:23:57 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Ameena remembered. Montgomery heaved a low sigh, reaching to the side of his bed to grab a hair tie. While he pondered over her words, he fiddled with his hair and pulled it back. The ponytail trailed down his back.

”I know. I know what ya said…”

Montgomery wished he had a cigarette about now.

”The stuff they made me do… it haunts me. I think about it every day. Everything, all the blood on my hands, it’s permanent. And while I can try ‘n justify it all I want, it isn’t gonna change anything.” After all, his family still died.

”I know you say you can make sure I don’t have to handle anything like I did. But what if it gets back to how it was before, regardless? Everyone got more and more greedy, and they wanted me to do more each day. How do ya know that won’t happen?”

He rubbed his face. ”I can’t… I can’t do it again.”

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 15:38:40 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

His concerns were a reflection of how he hadn't moved on from his past. She couldn't give him any flack for it, of course, given that her entire body of research was dedicated to fixing hers. [break][break]

"It is beneath me to make promises to you that I cannot keep," she conceded. She wasn't against manipulation as a tool, but against him, any words to do so soured on her tongue. "But people are always beholden to their vices. As Rocket grows more desperate, so does the League. I mean, that draft? I think the League is on its own dark spiral." Not something he'd want to hear, but she could read the writing on the wall. [break][break]

She looked around the room, taking in his choices. "But if you forgot, for a moment, your past and your current allegiances and your responsibilities... what would you want?" Was he happy in Petalburg? In Hoenn? If he wasn't avenging the people he'd wronged, what would he be doing?

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:23:23 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]"I don't disagree," he said, staring idly ahead at the wall of his bedroom. "Neither side is good. Not truly."

Though, Montgomery paused briefly. He considered everything she asked him, what he wanted. What did he want?

"I want you." Call him cheesy. But in that moment, there was nothing else he could imagine wanting more than Ameena. Last night made it clear enough to him that all the tension they had, it could be melted away into nothingness.

She made him feel found. There was a sense of peace in her embrace.

Montgomery looked at her from the corner of his eye, gauging her reaction before sliding back into the bed. No longer was his body taut with apprehension, as he curled an arm across her waist and buried his face against her neck. She smelled like the field of flowers in his dreams.

Perhaps he was imagining it.

"I want to be free."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:32:44 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

Those words were abstract, non-committal by nature, and yet, her stomach flipped as he said it again. She could never tire of his voice, but when he said those sweet nothings, she wanted the moment etched into her memory. She wanted to revisit it every night, in every dream. [break][break]

The thought was traitorous. If she had control of her dreams, it would always be of Mum, she'd said as much years ago, certain each dream was walking through a door, certain that visiting and visiting and visiting would get her there eventually... but still.[break][break]

She wanted. She pulled him close, so their foreheads could touch. This was what peace felt like. This was freedom. She felt relieved of the pressure of her research and her promises and her ambition. She felt unmistakably human in his arms, and desired. Precious. She had been a tool in the hands of her generals, an asset in Rocket's clutches, but to him, she was a treasure. Foreign, is what it was.[break][break]

Addictive, too. [break][break]

Still, she pushed. Even as those parts of herself broke away, she would always be somewhat of a curious scientist, a persevering soldier, a greedy criminal. "What does that look like? Running away? Out of Hoenn?" Could he live with himself if he did, after being so certain his forgiveness would be found in this soil? [break][break]

"I want you," she answered, though he had not interrogated her the same way she did with him. He did not push her boundaries. He treasured her, and it made her want to give and give and give. "No matter what that looks like, as long as it's you."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:46:56 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]Ameena made Montgomery want to leave Hoenn. He wanted to scoop her up, pack his things, and leave. Where would they go?

Who the fuck cared. If he could make her happy, he was content.

"I've run away once. I don't think I can consciously do it again," he admitted. "But, if I could make it a reality, I would take you with me, somewhere far from the war, the League, and Rocket. Somewhere we could live without a single damn worry in the world."

It was wishful thinking. But, it eased him that she was here now. Even if he had to lie to the world, he'd do it again and again.

Is that what love felt like?

Resting his forehead to hers, he smiled. "I'm here." "I'll always be here."

He leaned away, looking at the alarm clock. "Do ya wanna eat? I have fresh eggs in the coop. Coffee, bacon, whatever ya want."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 19:58:57 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She couldn't afford to run, either. He couldn't keep relying on flight to solve his problems, because it so clearly didn't, but she couldn't afford to leave her laboratory behind. Fleeing - and fleeing with Rocket on their tails - meant leaving behind most of her resources to avoid tracking. She could not keep him and her research and safety. She could only hold two at a given time, and all of it was too fragile to risk juggling anyhow. [break][break]

She shook her head at his prompting. Their morning couldn't last. "I need to report in. I was on the clock last night, and my supervisors are expecting a dossier." A cold reality. She didn't want to mention her Rocket work at all and leave a sour taste in his mouth, but there was no alternative. Reality could no longer bend around them. [break][break]

It's not quite a concession, but, "I will be around. Petalburg, I mean." To secure Rocket's newest conquest, she didn't speak aloud. "Might be in Dewford, committing petty crime, when the moment finds me." It was all she could offer him, now. There was no permanent solution that didn't cost either of them too much.

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

red

cowboy
he/him
july 27
Driftveil City, Unova
pansexual
officer
deputy
awards
253 posts
part of
TAG WITH @montgomery
Montgomery James
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 20:12:13 GMT
Montgomery James Avatar
[attr="class","monty"]It was a shame she had to go. Montgomery didn't argue. He needed to get to the station at some point soon as well. They'd probably want some update on the situation he was investigating in Lavaridge.

That still didn't stop him from pouting.

"Alright, alright. I suppose I'll let ya off the hook... this time. Consider it a warning." He couldn't help himself, teasing her.

He'd climb out of bed, leaning to grab a new pair of underwear on and rummaging to grab his uniform. He'd allow her to get ready as well, but before she could leave, he grabbed her hand again.

Montgomery pulled her close, pressing his body to hers as he kissed her one last time. Consider it a promise for more. "Stay safe, okay? And come by whenever."

close tab

played by

Ghostfinch

she/her
june 8
pansexual
scientist
grunt
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
798 posts
ameena abadi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ameena
ameena abadi
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 3, 2024 20:17:01 GMT
ameena abadi Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ameena"]
[attr="class","body"]

She followed in his steps, restoring her outfit and becoming the Ameena Abadi that the outside world knew. She was more than pleased as he tugged her close, her hands coming to hold his face like they were made to do so. [break][break]

She held on as long as she could. The real world beckoned. As much as time seemed to stop when he was around, her internal clock would always ring the alarm when it was time to perform her duties. She was kept upright by all the different forces that kept her moving, moving, moving. It was only with him that she could stop.[break][break]

"A dangerous invitation," she teased against his lips. "I will see you around, Deputy."

TAGS [break]

NOTES – [break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,632 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
unlikely reunion
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2024 4:52:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven