ema

ms catastrophe, mehl
she/he/they/any
august 15
pinwheel forest, unova
lesbian
pokécenter nurse
civilian
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
62 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katharina
Katharina Strophe
[skirmish] katharina vs maki
POSTED ON Sept 16, 2024 22:17:47 GMT
Katharina Strophe Avatar
[attr="class","emapkmnteam"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"][attr="class","emapkmn"]
[newclass=".emapkmn"]height:40px;width:40px;background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100%;margin:0 5px;[/newclass][newclass=".emapkmnteam br"]display:none;[/newclass]
Katharina soon had to learn that there is no safety in war.

No space secured so that it not might fall again - else the fights would be pointless, like stones placed on a Go board. Immovable territories that build up over time, encasing the enemies' placement, encaging them slowly and steadily ... but this war is neither of that. In the blink of an eye, Katharina hears the warning shots again, the signs of battle.

"We've secured the area. It's safe here, tend the wounded."

She had a job to do, and she couldn't. There's many injured - frankly, she almost didn't care if League or Rocket - that at least are a bit farther off, a bit more towards Rustboro. Still, there doesn't seem an end to it, so much that she wonders for a brief moment what the point of it is, in the end. Could she truly alleviate such a reccurring pain when even her patients won't listen to her? She knows is out there, on the fields, again. Fighting a fight she doesn't feel in herself. But pushing those thoughts aside, she, like her colleagues, hastily switches mode from tending to moving, getting out of the line of fire as she has to run yet again.

A flare of anger burns away the anxiety as she turns- and comes face to face with a Rocket. And fear takes root once more.

50 MP have your character self-doubt or cast doubt on another's confidence/allegiances/beliefs, etc. (we won and we lost again, why this all)
50 MP reference (tag) another character that is not in your thread in a meaningful way. (GENNY NO)
total: 110

close tab

played by

newt

jigokuhime, snow white
she/her
october 18
mauville city
ace lesbian
trustfund baby
associate
i'm staying numb to my feelings, dodge 'em like novocaine
awards
138 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maki
MAKI YUKIMURA
[skirmish] katharina vs maki
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2024 18:02:05 GMT
MAKI YUKIMURA Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","widecurve"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","charicon"]
the thing that holds the league back most, maki thinks, is their obsession with ethics. they seem to believe the world has a way it should operate, mistaking that for a rule rather than a mere suggestion. they hold onto things like justice, or truth, or selflessness, clinging to them desperately, wanting others to follow their own set of rules.[break][break]

this makes it easy to take them by surprise.[break][break]

all that can be seen of maki's face behind her guise are her sharp blue eyes. they bore into katharina's skull as she takes a couple silent steps forward. "...i'll make this quick," she says, her voice muffled by her mask. "bring out your first pokemon." it would have been easy to attack katharina herself, to knock her out and drag her away, but that's not the way maki wants to do this. if she defeats someone, she wants them to know they've been defeated. that fear, that despair that comes with being pushed to the brink is what breaks people in the end, makes them too terrified to come back. "hurry."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]once again, i have a foolish nightmare.[break]
[break]
[break][ outfit ref ]
[break]
[break]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cloud-moon"]

[newclass=".widecurve"]--accent:#ffffff; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .charicon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/tmb1MV8/maki-icon-18.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve blockquote b, .widecurve blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 340px; padding:50px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 50px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .bottom b, .widecurve .bottom i"]color:var(--accent); } .widecurve .bottom b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve .bottom u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline solid; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".widecurve .credit a"]font-size:12px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:100px; bottom:10px; opacity:0.3;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP