Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2020 6:59:21 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
There is only so much Adrian can do on his own, attempting to make a dent in the cleaning and restoration of Slateport's lower districts, only a few city blocks away from the lighthouse. Many things pass through his mind as he lends a helping hand to the city's efforts, but few are pleasant.

It's strange to find so many things littering the streets, curious objects he wouldn't have thought to come across during a public celebration. But he picked them up with gloved fingers, placing them one by one into a trash bag, somewhat disgusted at the discarded possessions of the New Year's hastily retreated celebrants. Obviously there was going to be broken glass and debris everywhere, but littered among them were personal artifacts.

It's dull work, but not thankless. There are those around the block doing what they can to mitigate the rubble, that the rest might be cleared by heavy machinery, salvaging what they can only to later restore what remains. Adrian takes a moment to consider the scale of trash all around him, popping the lid off a canteen before taking a swig of water, slaking the thirst his diligent work had built up.

@ken
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 0:03:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
His time in Hoenn thus far has been relatively short; however, he’s seen the damages done to the region. Being a ranger, it wasn’t odd that he’d be assigned the mundane task of helping the restoration process of Slateport’s lower district. Most would complain about the thankless work, but compared to the trials and tribulation he had gone through back in Kanto, the job wasn’t anything worth complaining about.

With a trash bag in one hand and a trash picker in the other, he picks up the litter lying throughout without so much as a change in his expression appearing so deadpan that he looked like a robot in flesh. In fact, his entire posture seems almost monotonous as he picks the trash with decent efficiency.

Looking around at the scattered debris, his blue eyes briefly pause onto the man close by unperturbed by his momentary break. Shrugging his shoulders, he continues his work without any objections, only determined to get this task in hand done. Fortunately he’s not working alone as even Jiraiya - his Greninja can be seen helping with the cleanup process.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".ken"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken b"]font-weight:bolder;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken i"]font-style:italic;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 3:16:56 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
Adrian's sloshing around the contents of the canteen as he chugs on the water, pulling it away with an exclaimed breath as he finishes. Aaahhh. Although the punk trainer might not look it, but he'd been at this since the New Year. Adrian shook his head to ward off his thoughts, the memories.

In the distance, his Tyranitar, Icon, was demolishing dilapidated buildings that had been forfeited to the disaster. Many of these buildings, these homes, would have to be rebuilt from scratch. Those who lived here... he felt pity, and a tinge of guilt, knowing they'd be homeless for the interim. If only the Rangers had been more prepared... No, blaming themselves would get them nowhere. These things just happened.

Glancing around him, Adrian noticed a trainer roughly his age, putting their nose into the work alongside a Greninja. Waving the canteen towards them, he tried to sound welcoming, calling them over with an offer. "Do ya want a drink?"

Anything to clear the mind of his ruminations.

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2020 4:45:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","ken"]
Honestly, Ken felt some shame for not being present at the time of marketplace’s destruction. As a ranger he most certainly would have done his best to lessen the collateral damage; however, all he can do now is quietly help with the repairs.

Pausing his work at the approach of a young man, he looks at the canteen waved at him with an apathetic gaze. Without saying anything, he briefly sets the picker aside in his other hand and reaches for the canteen, twisting the cap off to imbibe the water given to him.

”... Thanks.” he says breaking his silence moments after passing the canteen back. He stares at the trainer a moment longer, his blue eyes briefly glancing back to the Tyranitar before resuming his own work.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".ken"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken b"]font-weight:bolder;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".ken i"]font-style:italic;color:#007eed; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 9:24:54 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
He took it back without a word, slinging it around his shoulder before pressing on with the daunting task ahead of them. He decided it'd be boring if they kept to themselves, so he started opening up to them. "I'm Adrian, just so's you know."

Picking up some more trash and collecting it in his black garbage lining, he took a moment to stare out across Slateport. "The cleanup's bound to take weeks. Maybe they should've called in some Garbodor. Whaddaya think?" They could've made short work of this mess, given their way, although they might not care to parse through the valuables and personal effects of the victims.

The stranger seemed obstinate in their silence.

"...You didn't know one of the victims, did you?"

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 4:50:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He stares back blankly upon hearing the man introduce himself. His gaze is almost lifeless as if there's no real purpose in his life. The silence lingers for a moment and he nods to the man. "Ken." he says almost quietly, but loud enough for the man to hear.

Without uttering another word, he goes back to his menial task, picking trash after trash after trash. His motions come to another pause though as he looks back to the man. He tilts his head to the side, seemingly lost in thought as he considers the man's proposition of bring in some Garbodor to quicken the work. Looking around there's some merit to what he suggests but that'd only be the quick and easy way to take care of things. He shakes his head after pondering it.

"... If we had Garbodor eat away the trash, there are chances that some valuables may be lost in the process. Everyone has a right to grieve." he says, finally breaking his monotonous silence.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 22:50:16 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"Sure, but this place is an eyesore. I'm sure many just want things as the were," he muttered back.

All anyone could hope for was to put this whole mess behind them, and pray it didn't happen again. Losing a few keepsakes or possessions was hardly going to make a difference. And what of it if they find a few valuables? How many people might claim them as heirlooms? How many of them might be false? It might just make more problems.

But that wasn't for Adrian to argue any further.

"So is that a no, then?" Adrian asked one more time, trying to goad an answer from them. The way they were stiff and distanced, absorbed in their task made him seem like he'd lost. It wasn't what he took for typical behavior, and yet it was.

If they weren't going to open up about it, then Adrian may as well, pouring out a bit of the melancholy as he revisited the events of that night.

"I saw a Gardevoir ripped to shreds, scattered to the winds. I saw betrayal, as people turned the dangers on their neighbor in favor of themselves."

Eyes—devoid of thought but for the dead somber that ensnares him as he relives the harrowing events—now rest on Ken. "A right to grieve..."

That sounded like quite the platitude to him.

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 0:42:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He lets out a low sigh upon hearing Adrian ask again. Fiddling into his bag, he pulls out a small phone and begins to note down the request to send over to the association later. It’s not a bad idea, and at the pace they’re going, they may end up taking longer than anticipated just to properly clean the marketplace.

”Fine.” he answers rather plainly. ”I’ll send the request in my report.”

Adrian’s silence doesn’t go unnoticed though, as he it forces him to pause what he’s doing. He can see the pain in his expression – almost as if he were reliving some traumatizing nightmare. He silently stares, his blue eyes seemingly locked onto him. Hearing the young man repeat what he had said earlier, Ken slowly approaches.

”Are you alright?” he asks with a bored tone. Contrast to the lack of emotion in his tone, he is genuinely concerned about Adrian’s wellbeing at this moment.

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,403 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 6:02:36 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
"...Yeah. Just tired." He hadn't realized how long he'd been spacing out, and it hadn't gone unnoticed. Maybe he needed to talk about it, but he wasn't going to just start spilling the beans to a stranger. Especially one that seemed so apathetic.

In the distance Tyranitar bulldozed another set of dilapidated buildings that had their foundations declared unsafe after the fires razed the city and the explosions rocked the bedstone. At least Icon seemed to be enjoying the tasks given to him.

"Y'know, I don't think I can keep going. I need to... sleep." That might be the last thing he'd be able to do given circumstances, but it was better than muddling about the scene of the disaster. "Those Garbodor'll do a better job anyway." Adrian gave them a salute in farewell.

"Hope things go well here. Cya." He departed.

@ken
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
clean the streets [m]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 6:35:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His gaze lingers on the young man. He can clearly see the exhaustion on his face so when he suddenly throws out the white towel, he doesn’t say anything about the matter. The man’s quick to leave, touting that the Garbodor would do a better job at cleaning up the mess. Looking around, he’s probably right.

Seeing as there’s little much else to do, he just watches the man leave. Once he’s out of sight, Ken snaps the finger and the Greninja working suddenly leaps away, its body shimmering away into the shadows. His forlorn gaze scans through the area again, but seeing nothing but destruction only leaves a bad taste in his mouth and he decides to leave as well, choosing to send in a formal request to have a Pokejob set up to finish cleaning the leftover mess.